LA2NY Gameday Thread: Knicks vs. Celtics 2-3-12

la2ny

Starter

Yet again we arrive to a game on paper before the season began that we'd expect to win, at this point, as bad as Boston is, they're better than us right now. Even with that, we'll stand by this team through it all!! So get ready for another battle of wills!!

Game Preview

via ESPN--Despite Rajon Rondo nursing a sprained right wrist, the Boston Celtics have moved back above .500.

With the struggling New York Knicks coming to town, the Celtics could continue their climb even if their All-Star point guard can't go.

Boston continues its five-game stretch at TD Garden on Friday night when it tries to beat the Knicks at home for a 12th consecutive time including postseason.

Rondo has been sidelined for the last eight games, but the Celtics (11-10) have won six of them. Boston began its five-game homestand Wednesday with a 100-64 rout of Toronto -- a contest lopsided enough that coach Doc Rivers rested all five of his starters for the entire fourth quarter.

The Celtics moved above .500 for the first time since Jan. 4, when they were 4-3.

"We've gone through a lot. So has everyone else in the league," Rivers said. "To start out slow like we did and get over that number, it's good for us. We've just gotta keep doing it."

Rondo would obviously be an upgrade from Avery Bradley and rookie E'Twaun Moore, but those two young guards have more than held their own. Bradley is averaging 6.8 points and 2.6 assists while starting in Rondo's place, while Moore is averaging 7.2 points in his last six contests.

"Maybe it's a blessing in disguise, because you never know down the road if anybody else gets hurt, you need guys to come in and step in and fill that role," said Celtics forward Paul Pierce, who missed the first three games this season -- including a 106-104 season-opening loss at New York on Dec. 25 -- with a bruised right heel.

Rondo led the Celtics with 31 points, 13 assists and five steals in the Christmas Day matchup, but Carmelo Anthony's 37 points helped the Knicks (8-14) snap an eight-game overall skid in the series, including a first-round sweep in last year's playoffs.

The last time these teams met in Boston, Anthony equaled a playoff career high with 42 points and grabbed 17 rebounds -- a postseason best -- but the Knicks fell 96-93 loss in Game 2 on April 19.

Anthony sat out a 112-102 loss in Boston six days earlier to conclude the regular season, so this will be his first regular season appearance at TD Garden in a Knicks uniform.

New York could definitely use a big game from Anthony as it continues its first back-to-back-to-back series of games since 1999. The Knicks began the stretch of three games in as many nights Thursday with a 105-102 home loss to Chicago.

Amare Stoudemire had 34 points and 11 rebounds. Anthony chipped in 26 points, but he missed a desperation 3-pointer as time expired in New York's 10th loss in 12 games.

"For the most part, we played extremely hard (Thursday)," Anthony said. "We've got to pat ourselves on the back for something."

The Knicks, who host the New Jersey Nets on Saturday, are trying to avoid their first four-game road losing streak since an 0-5 stretch March 10-26.

New York has not won in Boston since a 101-77 victory Nov. 24, 2006.

polls_18848894_400x400_2642_623232_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

whenever someone mentions:
-Amare beasting last night
-'Antoni's offense
-Baron Davis not saving Knicks
-Losing players in the trade for Melo
-New York Giants having more wins than the Knicks THROUGH 22 GAMES(smh)

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
Smh @ this thread not having any responses yet, big game tonight fellas. We gotta at least show Boston who's boss, Stat needs to play like he did last night. And KG cant stop him when hes on, we all know this.

If i see Douglas defending Rondo at any moment of the game i will stop watching. Its a 100% undeniable fact that Rondo eats eats eats Douglas for lunch, breakfast

la2ny

Starter
Smh @ this thread not having any responses yet, big game tonight fellas. We gotta at least show Boston who's boss, Stat needs to play like he did last night. And KG cant stop him when hes on, we all know this.

If i see Douglas defending Rondo at any moment of the game i will stop watching. Its a 100% undeniable fact that Rondo eats eats eats Douglas for lunch, breakfast

Word, Rondo tears Toney D a new one with no KY.

Rooting to see an L even tho I despise the celdicks like no other.. I truely believe if we come out empty handed in this back to back to back dantoni is a goner.

CoolClyde

F*ck the Celtd*cks

F*CK THE CELTD*CKS! (images culled from the 'net)
garnett1.jpg
pisson_celtics.jpeg

however, if a 'Bockers loss means the firing of coach Macaroni, then by all means,
GO 'D*cks GO!

bostonhot.jpg

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
**** that, even if it means D'antoni getting fired I HATE THE ****ING CELTICS. Knicks fan till i die LETS GO

CA7

Scoring Champ
Keys to the game

Attacking off the pick n roll, we go east-west on the PnR too much we gotta get into the lane

Knocking down open jumpers, too many missed open shots.

STAT needs to play with aggression again.

Melo needs to pick his spots better, shoot when its there, pass the ball early, be more active off the ball and take off those damn sleeves

Toney should not play today unless he' wearing his electric green adidas

Novak should play some to get KG out of the paint. I wanna see our second unit consist of STAT-Novak-Balkman-Shumpert-Lin

DEFENSE-DEFENSE-DEFENSE-MOVEMENT-MOVEMENT-MOVEMENT-RUNNING-RUNNING-RUNNING

watching every other team play they all do those 3 things, we dont run on O or D, we dont move on O and we gotta play hard nosed D.

LeFlume

All Star
This could be the best weekend ever - or the worst. I'm "Tebowing" big time for New York, New York this weekend. Knicks & Giants. Kick Red Sox nations ass.

CA7

Scoring Champ
espn treats us like shit and all chris broussard can do is smile :boohoo:

Only one with any credibility is Magic and Wilbon to an extent

Did you hear Jon Barry say Melo got introduced last in his debut like he took STAT spot, I watched the whole thing they called Melo's name 1st..........they're just talking to stir up some shit but I think tonight is the night we find our groove

CA7

Scoring Champ
we gotta stop switching, hedge the pick and get back the other 3 guys rotate and play 2 guys until we get back