Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amare has transformed from a 26 ppg wrecking ball now into

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Default Amare has transformed from a 26 ppg wrecking ball now into

Soft
    Stiff
    Not explosive
    No dribble.

Amare is the new Mr. Softee.

Getting bullied by KG and Bass, disgracing the city he wears on his chest.

SMH

yup we need to trade him to a team desperate for a allstar and get solid players. cant even call dude a allstar nomore he's playing like crap but im sure there's some dumb team out there willing to take him

pick up a pg

get a new coach

and push as hard as we can for the 8th spot in the playoffs

or plan B

blow this whole team up and rebuild.

12th man

I'll keep Shump, Melo, Chandler.

Everyone else, peace.

I dont think any teams are interested in him, I'd have no problem if the Knicks waived stupidmire

ill admit his play his down but he starts the 2nd with DOUGLAS who has NO point guard skills what so ever thats when amare is forced to create for himself which he cant do. when hes in with shump his play is good

Amare is Not being used right, he has to get passes on the roll and drive to the hoop with aggression and he has to go for offensive rebounds

I think Amar'e Stoudemire was the one who gave this thread 1 star.

I don't see how anyone could defend a guy who gets paid so much money to play softer than Rebecca Lobo. He makes Charles Smith look like Bill Russell.

Highway robbery when a guy receives 5 year 100 million dollar contract and his stats drastically go down after his first season.For the money he's making he's turning into another Eddy Curry/ Jerome James bust.

I don't want to hear how he chose to come to the Knicks above all superstar free agents of the 2010 class. No team was going to give a weak defensive minded player with bad knees an uninsured contract of 100 million dollars. The Knicks might of well had told Allan Houston to come out of retirement and given him another max contract.

I don't know what Shaq was smoking when he picked him to be an all-star reserved. Maybe Shaq felt sorry for him or was trying to make up for their failed championship run in Phoenix.

Not only has Steve Nash proven that he made D'antoni's career but that he made Stoudemire's as well.
    Last edited by knicksin60; Feb 04, 2012 at 00:05.

12th man

I just lose respect for Amare, seems like he's more into the glamour than being a warrior for the Knicks.

I admit, last 1st half of the season, Amare was playing at an elite level.

Maybe its the injuries? Amare approaching 30, no more young legs?

Phoneix fans told me Amare was soft and didn't play defense.

But I critically asked, how can that be. A man built like Ben Wallace, who had Dwight Howard athleticism can play so fragile and not be a presence on defense? I now know...sad to say.

Originally Posted by knickerbocka176
    ill admit his play his down but he starts the 2nd with DOUGLAS who has NO point guard skills what so ever thats when amare is forced to create for himself which he cant do. when hes in with shump his play is good
    Amar'e needing a PG in order to be successful proves that he is no superstar. Supertars don't need to depend on another position player in order to carry their team.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Amar'e needing a PG in order to be successful proves that he is no superstar. Supertars don't need to depend on another position player in order to carry their team.
    thats not fair...its not like he needs nash. he turned ray felton into a borderline allstar. he just isnt a superstar when a shooting guard is running the offense.

Originally Posted by amazinz5
    thats not fair...its not like he needs nash. he turned ray felton into a borderline allstar. he just isnt a superstar when a shooting guard is running the offense.
    It's fair. He left Nash for twenty million more, leaving the man who made him play great. Nash is still elite, yet Amar'e makes that money. Yeah, Nash's situation is the one who's isn't "fair".

Originally Posted by amazinz5
    It seemed like he needed Ray Felton to master the pick n roll in order for him to be successful. During the first few games of last season when Felton was still adjusting his game, Stoudemire looked just as awful as he does now.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    It seemed like he needed Ray Felton to master the pick n roll in order for him to be successful. During the first few games of last season when Felton was still adjusting his game, Stoudemire looked just as awful as he does now.
    stat was also playing Center majority of the time. Stat would blow right by his defenders or have open looks due to them not coming out to guard him. we also had shooters to spread the floor those are other reasons he was so successful.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I just lose respect for Amare, seems like he's more into the glamour than being a warrior for the Knicks.

I admit, last 1st half of the season, Amare was playing at an elite level.

Maybe its the injuries? Amare approaching 30, no more young legs?

Phoneix fans told me Amare was soft and didn't play defense.

But I critically asked, how can that be. A man built like Ben Wallace, who had Dwight Howard athleticism can play so fragile and not be a presence on defense? I now know...sad to say.
    Even the 2nd half of last season he was playing at an elite level.

2nd half last year he was getting 23.5 PPG on 49.1% shooting. That's not a huge dropoff from how he was doing at the beginning of the year.

The problem now is that he's had some of the worst PGs in the league running offense for him. Amar'e is a big man, he can't create his own shot without turning it over.

But what did they do with him last night? Oh right, Fields ran the pick and roll with him and he beasted on the Bulls.

If the Knicks want to win they need to abuse the P&R like a red-headed step child.

I'm sick of all this sissy talk 'He's not beeing used right', 'The coach sucks' bla bla bla - all excuses!

Words can't describe how I feel about him the last couple of weeks.

I think it's really gotten to the point where I would call it total contempt.

I'd rather have another 3 losing seasons than having to endure this....person any longer.