Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amare has transformed from a 26 ppg wrecking ball now into

Veteran

Not many listened during that off-season as I cautioned over and over against this man -- and this coming from a big MDA supporter.

Too much Bosh/MIA hate, and giddiness over STATisticals "swag" clouding good judgement.

The very playoff series people were saying defined why he had to sign STAT -- owning the Lakers offensively,

was the very playoff series featuring STAT putting up 5 and 3 rebound performances like clockwork, consistently getting out rebounded by Steve Nash, and playing defense like a mutt with 3 legs.

Either way, STAT is a player whose strengths you must build around and flaws you must try to mask -- another sign of not being elite -- so even more dubious the Melo deal was, and that roster blowup that had had STAT playing at a truly Elite level...even with a fairly average+ PG.

I dont like to brag but i told yall so, remember when most of yall throwing eggs on me from start of day 1 now who got the eggs on face. Chris Duhon did a better job representing number 1 on Knicks jersey then this petty prick

Amare's playing bad right now but who's gonna replace this guy and when he does start playing at his usual level which will prob be when Davis gets healthy.

He really doesn't get used right by the guards if you really sit back and analyze the game you'll see how many times the guards miss Amare on the roll or just ignore him for possession after possession.

Originally Posted by quiggle
    I dont like to brag but i told yall so, remember when most of yall throwing eggs on me from start of day 1 now who got the eggs on face. Chris Duhon did a better job representing number 1 on Knicks jersey then this petty prick
    Thats about as low as it gets but I think u might have a point

KnicksonLIN.com

Great thread, metrocard.

While I do feel Stoudemire's struggles are partially due to poor coaching, he has clearly lost a step.

Even with a good coach, he looks like the most he'd be averaging is 20 points and 8 rebounds on 50% shooting. That's still way down from his MVP level season last year.

I was never for signing Stoudemire. He's overpayed and injury prone.

That being said, the only reason I would keep him right now is for team chemistry purposes.

The teams that win titles are usually the ones who have a core group of players that are used to playing together(Spurs, Lakers, Mavericks).

I think Stoudemire messed up his game by putting on 20 lbs of muscles. It totally threw off his jump shot, and now it seems like he has to struggle to get to the basket. The only players who should be bulking up are low post players. Stoudemire is a face to the basket type player, so adding weight made no sense.

This reminds me of Andray Blatche. For a second, he looked like he was going to be the leader of the Wizards, but once he put on that extra weight, he turned into Eddy Curry.

I agree STAT has lost a step and some hops. He has to adjust. Its imperative that he develop a low post game, if he really doesnt have one. He could still get 20 & 9-10 a night if he adjusts.

Weird thought just went in my mind (could be I need sleep) but remember when Patrick Ewing was in Georgetown, the story that his coach told him to reach for anything in the air, even if it was going to be a goal-tend? That's a good mentality to have. (Just make sure you don't whack your teammates like Dikembe had a penchant for.)

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Amare is Not being used right, he has to get passes on the roll and drive to the hoop with aggression and he has to go for offensive rebounds
    Exactly.

LOL @ some people here wanting to waive Stat and trade Melo. This forum is hilarious! Smart people would realize our struggles are directly from the BAD coaching effort put forth by our moronic coach. We've been calling for Lin to play since his FIRST good effort in the Charlotte game well over a month ago. Now he finally gets put in for some decent minutes and he saves Dumbtoni's a$$.

Before tonight, D'Antoni has been hell bent on sticking with Douglas and Giraffries, giving them both over 20 minutes a game when they have NO game at all and KILL our offense. The one thing D'Antoni is good at is mismanaging his rosters, he's great at that. He's also great at running the same damn play 50 times a game (pick & roll). Stop blaming our players and blame the guy who's fault it is that we suck this season.
    Last edited by KingofNy; Feb 05, 2012 at 02:59.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Exactly.

LOL @ some people here wanting to waive Stat and trade Melo. This forum is hilarious! Smart people would realize our struggles are directly from the BAD coaching effort put forth by our moronic coach. We've been calling for Lin to play since his FIRST good effort in the Charlotte game well over a month ago. Now he finally gets put in for some decent minutes and he saves Dumbtoni's a$$.

Before tonight, D'Antoni has been hell bent on sticking with Douglas and Giraffries, giving them both over 20 minutes a game when they have NO game at all and KILL our offense. The one thing D'Antoni is good at is mismanaging his rosters, he's great at that. He's also great at running the same damn play 50 times a game (pick & roll). Stop blaming our players and blame the guy who's fault it is that we suck this season.
    You're exactly right. Last season everyone was on Stat's nuts now they want him to go. Typical Knicks fans. One bad year and everyone wants to clean house. We cleaned house to get Melo and that's working out great didn't it?

I'm oppose to making trades just for the sake of making them. There's absolutely no need to trade a guy that was kicking ass before D'Antoni decided to change the offense to 'Pass it to Mello' and 'Shoot the "3"'.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by donchris
    You're exactly right. Last season everyone was on Stat's nuts now they want him to go. Typical Knicks fans. One bad year and everyone wants to clean house. We cleaned house to get Melo and that's working out great didn't it?

I'm oppose to making trades just for the sake of making them. There's absolutely no need to trade a guy that was kicking ass before D'Antoni decided to change the offense to 'Pass it to Mello' and 'Shoot the "3"'.
    Its not about last year.

This year Stat is showing that physically he's not a dominating presence, he doesn't get up as high as he use to and isn't explosive in the paint. The injuries have finally weighed down upon him, and he's hitting 30 years old, he will only get slower and weaker as he reaches the end of his career. We've seen Amare's prime pass away and thats a problem. He's now a contract burden instead of trade value.

His crossover always fails and his shots get easily contested. Amare isn't athletic anymore and his jumper is streaky. At this point Amare is Kurt Thomas without the defense and toughness. He's very overpaid and if you can't see that as a problem then you're a blind sheep.

is he the only Knicks player who deems himself so important he must show us what he eat?

FWIW I'd rather have a guy on my team who cares about fashion and showing us what food he eats over having a guy that is more concerned with being in the club and getting arrested.

People can fairly criticize what he does on the court, but until this guy embarrasses the team off the floor (see: Marbury, Stephon; Thomas, Isiah), his personal life should be left alone.

Originally Posted by quiggle
    is he the only Knicks player who deems himself so important he must show us what he eat?

Call me a snob, but I really enjoyed those pics
    Would enjoy 8rebounds a night so much more tho.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    At this point Amare is Kurt Thomas without the defense and toughness.
    Goddamn. That is such a good comparison it's painful.

Not even mentioning his contract.

Only hope is getting back an offensive system and starting a quality PG who can cater to Amare's one trick pony game, while ballers like Chandler do their best to mask his epic deficiencies.

His one trick is albeit an nearly unstoppable one when it's going right.

LOL I thought Amar'e is a vegan?