Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Not a game thread....

Originally Posted by Purch.
    Yoo, not saying Lin is bad, dude is a solid #2 PG, but Nash and Deron can both shoot lights out and better playmakers, don't be disrespectful to their game my man.
    I respect that c'mon bro, lets not downplay Lin's greatness. His play tonight solidified the fact that he'll be like Steve Nash but with better defense.
    Originally Posted by CA7
    20 bucks Lin doesn't play that much in the 2nd half, less than 10 minutes
    Wouldnt surprise me with Damnphony

We're 100% at the line. 8 for 8...we should try to get there more in the 2nd half..Many games are won at the ft line..thats where we need to be..

Superstar

This just shows how awful Shumpert and Toney Douglas are at playing point guard. Both good players, but its not their position.

Jeremy Lin is playing well, but honestly he hasn't done anything imo that a servicable point guard shouldn't be able to do.

If only we had made some sort of move at the beginning of the season to get someone, ANYONE who can play the position at the beginning of the season we probably wouldn't be so deep in the whole under 500... Because look how much better as a team we are when SOMEONE knows the FREAKING BASICS AND MOST SIMPLISTIC FUNDAMENTALS OF PLAYING POINT GUARD...

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I respect that c'mon bro, lets not downplay Lin's greatness. His play tonight solidified the fact that he'll be like Steve Nash but with better defense.

Wouldnt surprise me with Damnphony
    You can't judge a player on a half of ball, Balkman had 22 points against the Clippers once, not saying he's bad at all, but there's much better PG's out there. At most he can be a Jose Calderon type player if he can start shooting better, which would be amazing for a midseason pickup.

If Lin keeps this up he'll be replacing Rose in the All stars starting lineup.

a little off-topic, but whats most saddening about the TD situation, is the fact that he is now an awful SG aswell. MDA really burned the guy.

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    This just shows how awful Shumpert and Toney Douglas are at playing point guard. Both good players, but its not their position.

Jeremy Lin is playing well, but honestly he hasn't done anything imo that a servicable point guard shouldn't be able to do.

If only we had made some sort of move at the beginning of the season to get someone, ANYONE who can play the position at the beginning of the season we probably wouldn't be so deep in the whole under 500... Because look how much better as a team we are when SOMEONE knows the FREAKING BASICS AND MOST SIMPLISTIC FUNDAMENTALS OF PLAYING POINT GUARD...

In an ideal world Shumpert is your starting SG, and TD is the 6th man scoring spark off the bench, and LIN is backup PG. This would help the roster b/c all 3 would be cheap otpions moving fwd. I hope Lin proves worthy...

Baron Davis (Lin)
    JR Smith (Shumpert)
    Carmelo (Fields)
    Amar'e (Joorts)
    Chandler (Jeffries)

Douglas & Walker scoring options off the bench. Play when hot, sit when cold.

Originally Posted by Forrest17

This...

We have been so drained for a real PG that we are just awestruck at what a serviceable PG can do. I don't mind it though.

I bet Kris Humphries hear a lot Kim K talk during games...lol.

Stat is a retard. Thanks to that dumb foul Jared Jeffries is going to get 30+ minutes and Stat's out for the 3rd quarter. UGH.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Stat is a retard. Thanks to that foul Jared Jeffries is going to get 30+ minutes. UGH.
    We desperately need a win. Playing lowly crosstown rival. Carmelo is 3-10 and STAT has been in foul trouble all night. Both COMBINED have 18 points. Nice.

Nba Logo

Dunk Shumpert What The Hell You Doing

I guess we're saving Novak in case we need somebody to chuck up a backwards, left-naded hook 3 with 2 seconds left in the game.

Originally Posted by mafra
    I guess we're saving Novak in case we need somebody to chuck up a backwards, left-naded hook 3 with 2 seconds left in the game.

Originally Posted by mafra
    We desperately need a win. Playing lowly crosstown rival. Carmelo is 3-10 and STAT has been in foul trouble all night. Both COMBINED have 18 points. Nice.
    I agree. Stat always finds a way to get in foul trouble when Melo's shooting poorly.