Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 185

Thread: Not a game thread....

  1. #76
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally Posted by Purch.
    Yoo, not saying Lin is bad, dude is a solid #2 PG, but Nash and Deron can both shoot lights out and better playmakers, don't be disrespectful to their game my man.
    I respect that c'mon bro, lets not downplay Lin's greatness. His play tonight solidified the fact that he'll be like Steve Nash but with better defense.
    Originally Posted by CA7
    20 bucks Lin doesn't play that much in the 2nd half, less than 10 minutes
    Wouldnt surprise me with Damnphony

  2. #77
    Veteran LeFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    3,663
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    We're 100% at the line. 8 for 8...we should try to get there more in the 2nd half..Many games are won at the ft line..thats where we need to be..

  3. #78
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    This just shows how awful Shumpert and Toney Douglas are at playing point guard. Both good players, but its not their position.

    Jeremy Lin is playing well, but honestly he hasn't done anything imo that a servicable point guard shouldn't be able to do.

    If only we had made some sort of move at the beginning of the season to get someone, ANYONE who can play the position at the beginning of the season we probably wouldn't be so deep in the whole under 500... Because look how much better as a team we are when SOMEONE knows the FREAKING BASICS AND MOST SIMPLISTIC FUNDAMENTALS OF PLAYING POINT GUARD...

  4. #79
    Newbie Purch.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I respect that c'mon bro, lets not downplay Lin's greatness. His play tonight solidified the fact that he'll be like Steve Nash but with better defense.

    Wouldnt surprise me with Damnphony
    You can't judge a player on a half of ball, Balkman had 22 points against the Clippers once, not saying he's bad at all, but there's much better PG's out there. At most he can be a Jose Calderon type player if he can start shooting better, which would be amazing for a midseason pickup.

  5. #80
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    If Lin keeps this up he'll be replacing Rose in the All stars starting lineup.

  6. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    a little off-topic, but whats most saddening about the TD situation, is the fact that he is now an awful SG aswell. MDA really burned the guy.

  7. #82
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,355
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Forrest17
    This just shows how awful Shumpert and Toney Douglas are at playing point guard. Both good players, but its not their position.

    Jeremy Lin is playing well, but honestly he hasn't done anything imo that a servicable point guard shouldn't be able to do.

    If only we had made some sort of move at the beginning of the season to get someone, ANYONE who can play the position at the beginning of the season we probably wouldn't be so deep in the whole under 500... Because look how much better as a team we are when SOMEONE knows the FREAKING BASICS AND MOST SIMPLISTIC FUNDAMENTALS OF PLAYING POINT GUARD...

    In an ideal world Shumpert is your starting SG, and TD is the 6th man scoring spark off the bench, and LIN is backup PG. This would help the roster b/c all 3 would be cheap otpions moving fwd. I hope Lin proves worthy...

    Baron Davis (Lin)
    JR Smith (Shumpert)
    Carmelo (Fields)
    Amar'e (Joorts)
    Chandler (Jeffries)

    Douglas & Walker scoring options off the bench. Play when hot, sit when cold.

  8. #83
    Newbie Purch.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Forrest17

    Jeremy Lin is playing well, but honestly he hasn't done anything imo that a servicable point guard shouldn't be able to do.
    This...

    We have been so drained for a real PG that we are just awestruck at what a serviceable PG can do. I don't mind it though.

  9. #84
    Veteran LeFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    3,663
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I bet Kris Humphries hear a lot Kim K talk during games...lol.

  10. #85
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Stat is a retard. Thanks to that dumb foul Jared Jeffries is going to get 30+ minutes and Stat's out for the 3rd quarter. UGH.

  11. #86
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,355
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Stat is a retard. Thanks to that foul Jared Jeffries is going to get 30+ minutes. UGH.
    We desperately need a win. Playing lowly crosstown rival. Carmelo is 3-10 and STAT has been in foul trouble all night. Both COMBINED have 18 points. Nice.

  12. #87
    Member BachaCho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    283
    Rep Power
    3

    Nba Logo

    Dunk Shumpert What The Hell You Doing

  13. #88
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,355
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I guess we're saving Novak in case we need somebody to chuck up a backwards, left-naded hook 3 with 2 seconds left in the game.

  14. #89
    Veteran LeFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    3,663
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    I guess we're saving Novak in case we need somebody to chuck up a backwards, left-naded hook 3 with 2 seconds left in the game.

  15. #90
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    We desperately need a win. Playing lowly crosstown rival. Carmelo is 3-10 and STAT has been in foul trouble all night. Both COMBINED have 18 points. Nice.
    I agree. Stat always finds a way to get in foul trouble when Melo's shooting poorly.

Similar Threads

  1. New York Knicks vs Toronto Raptors Game Thread 2/24
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: Feb 25, 2008, 18:08
  2. New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards Game Thread 2/18
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Feb 19, 2008, 23:23
  3. Indiana Pacers vs New York Knicks Game Thread 2/5
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Feb 07, 2008, 18:27
  4. New York Knicks vs Seattle Sonics Game Thread
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Feb 04, 2008, 16:20
  5. Replies: 73
    Last Post: Feb 03, 2008, 23:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •