• Let him walk

16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 11 of 140 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617314161 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Article on Lin when he visited the Garden last year with GSW:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Jeremy Lin's three meaningful minutes
    November, 11, 2010
    By Matt Wong
    ESPN.com

I won't lie. The main reason I went to the Garden Wednesday night wasn't to check out my beloved Knicks, or welcome back one of my all-time faves, David Lee. It was to see the Warriors' Jeremy Lin in action.

And I wasn’t alone. At the 9:26 mark in the second quarter, Lin checked into the game to loud applause, presumably from the many Asian-Americans in attendance.

And in the second half, I know I wasn’t the only one who would have been just fine if the Knicks, down 17 with 3:15 left in the third, mailed it in to ensure some garbage-time minutes for Lin.

But, alas, the Knicks made it a game, only to lose anyway, and Lin rode the pine the rest of the night.

Still, it was a night to remember.

Asked about the ovation he received from the crowd, he responded as humbly as one possibly could:

“Thank you. That’s all I have to say, ‘Thank you to everyone who’s cheering for me.’”

Let’s get this straight: This isn’t like watching Yao or Yi -- two giants who were imported from China. Asian-Americans can more easily relate to the path Lin had to take to get to the NBA. When watching him on the layup lines, I couldn’t help but get the feeling that I knew him, that I must’ve played ball with him before … or that, wait a minute … he was me -- the first Asian-American to make the NBA (with all apologies to Wat Misaka)!

This was a whole new basketball experience. One that I can only hope is here to stay.

In the meantime, Lin is taking every opportunity to keep learning the NBA game and figuring out how to transition from playing the 2 in college to handling the 1 in the pros -- two of his hardest adjustments so far, he says.

“There’s a lot of learning on my end to be done. Controlling tempo, which play calls to make, when to attack ...

“It’s just the very beginning and I understand that.”

Still, despite playing only three minutes on this night, his impact on the game was deeper than he might realize: He has captured the imagination of many Asian-American fans around the country. Including mine.

And all I have to say to that is: Thank you, Jeremy Lin.

__________________________________________________ _

Oh the marketing departments in the NBA and Knicks offices have to be salivating and rooting for this guy to pick up the Asian fan base after Yao's retirement!!!

Of course, I'm enjoying every second of this underdog story!!!

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

So, here's David Thorpe saying that Jeremy Lin is over hyped and will come back to earth once teams start defending him at the rim

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The kid is tough. Took a shot on the chin and got right up, took a charge right out onto the floor.

He's got court savvy too; dropped 8 dimes before the half. Knows where to get players the ball and hustles. How a pg like Shump, TD or any other doesn't know the art of passing is beyond me.

Anyway, D'antoni fans, you got your PG. We got defense to go along, and a bench in the works. What do we need now?
    Last edited by Red; Feb 08, 2012 at 20:10.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Red
    Anyway, D'antoni fans, you got your PG. We got defense to go along, and a bench in the works. What do we need now?
    Amare and Melo in the starting line-up ASAP, and the remainder of the regular season to coalesce a a team, and ramp up for a playoff push.

Lin-Shumpert-Bibby
    Fields-Shumpert-Douglas
    Melo-Fields-Walker-Balkman
    Amare-Harrelson-Novak-Jeffries
    Chandler-Harrelson-Jeffries-Novak

Moving forward, with vet mins, the 2.5 exception, and our full MLE in the off-season:

An eventual upgrade of Jeffries -- a la a Kenyon Martin type -- to round out our bench of bigs including Harrelson and Novak.

A pure SG with sniper 3pt range -- a la a JR Smith.

edit -- if Lin isn't there to run a championship team right now, at his young age, go balls to the wall for Steve Nash for the MLE, and have Lin be groomed under him for a couple years as a bigtime backup PG, still getting quality minutes each night, and letting Nash rest to stay primed for the playoffs...kind of like what the Spurs have done with Duncan of late, as they assembled quality young frontcourt players to take away minutes.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Amare and Melo in the starting line-up ASAP, and the remainder of the regular season to coalesce a a team, and ramp up for a playoff push.

Lin-Shumpert-Bibby
    Fields-Shumpert-Douglas
    Melo-Fields-Walker-Balkman
    Amare-Harrelson-Novak-Jeffries
    Chandler-Harrelson-Jeffries-Novak

Moving forward, with vet mins, the 2.5 exception, and our full MLE in the off-season:

An eventual upgrade of Jeffries -- a la a Kenyon Martin type -- to round out our bench of bigs including Harrelson and Novak.

A pure SG with sniper 3pt range -- a la a JR Smith.

edit -- if Lin isn't there to run a championship team right now, at his young age, go balls to the wall for Steve Nash for the MLE, and have Lin be groomed under him for a couple years as a bigtime backup PG, still getting quality minutes each night, and letting Nash rest to stay primed for the playoffs...kind of like what the Spurs have done with Duncan of late, as they assembled quality young frontcourt players to take away minutes.
    No to Nash. Sorry.

As to adding our stars and Jorts etc... Playing like this, inside out with defense, where should the expectations be? One and done?

Veteran

Originally Posted by Red
    No to Nash. Sorry.

As to adding our stars and Jorts etc... Playing like this, inside out with defense, where should the expectations be? One and done?
    Depends who we play?

If Lin isn't completely fluking it right now and we stay reasonably healthy?

With MDA as coach -- note, I have *higher* expectations for the team because of MDA being our coach, which I likewise hold the success/fail of our season to -- we should fight tooth and nail vs the best in the NBA if we must face them,

And should handle the weaker and middle class of the playoff hierarchy.

I don't think we "should" necessarily be "expected" to beat MIA or OKC or Chicago this year, but we should play them about as competitively and tough as we did the Celtics last year (prior to injuries rendering things a joke).

Personally, I've already been loading up on future bets on the Knicks when it became obvious Dolan wasn't going to just ****can MDA this season.

the Lin Master.

wow what a dunk.

I have a feeling we are going to see a movie made about the Jeremy Lin story in the future...

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by pakopako
    Heh. That sounds like a very young Tony Parker. Remember when he was on the Spurs (when they still had Admiral Robinson) and he couldn't hit anything beyond the arc?
    Great comparison.

12th man

Originally Posted by metrocard
    ^^^^^LMAO!

12th man

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Can we please give him Stoudemire'S $100 million contract!!?

He deserves it way more than this con artist! The same goes for Melo.

Let's build around our young players like Lin, Shumpert, Fields, with Tyson as the team captain and leader.

Stoudemire and Melo need to go!!! They have failed and they are keeping the team down.
    Your insane. With Lin playing the way he's playing do you know how well STAT's gonna beast it out there?

When STAT comes back will be seeing the one from last year, not the slow old looking one so far.

Lin has me believing. Have had so much fun watching these past 3 games.

Originally Posted by Knicks32
    I have a feeling we are going to see a movie made about the Jeremy Lin story in the future...
    "What if I told you that a little asian man could save NY basketball...'