16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 19 of 140 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425394969 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Banned

As much as I hate to say it, Pat Ewing has now become my #2 all time favorite NYK player. :/

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Don't get me wrong, I like Lin and he shows how important a decent PG is to this team (still think we should trade Melo for DWill) but lets not get crazy here. NJ and Wash are not very good teams. Utah is good defensively and when they began trapping Lin, he turned the ball over frequently with 8 turnovers total.

I'm sure Mike Brown will have the Lakers trap Lin on a consistent basis. This will be a good litmus test to see what we actually have in Lin (starting caliber PG that can lead this team or solid backup PG that can keep the system flowing when the starting PG sits on the bench).

Note: Not being a hater. I love what Lin has been doing. Just trying to bring a balanced and fair critique.
    Ok. He's for real. He was trapped all game but played it perfectly by scoring and not forcing too many passes. He's a smart player. He played to what the defense gave him.

We still need a backup PG though. The offense really went stagnant when Lin was on the bench and we can't have him playing 38 mins a night in this brutal shortened season. Remember, last year the Knicks started to falter when Felton began to struggle because he was getting tired. He had to play too many minutes out of necessity because the offense looked horrible when he went to the bench.

Hopefully Davis can make it back at some point. At least as a backup.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Jeremy Lin could become the Victor Cruz of basketball.

Tyson Chandler is Justin Tuck

my buddy told me he picked him up yest and i said he'd be victor cruz or if he develops chemistry with melo AND stat he could be cam. both of whom i got for nothing this year.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Ok. He's for real. He was trapped all game but played it perfectly by scoring and not forcing too many passes. He's a smart player. He played to what the defense gave him.

We still need a backup PG though. The offense really went stagnant when Lin was on the bench and we can't have him playing 38 mins a night in this brutal shortened season. Remember, last year the Knicks started to falter when Felton began to struggle because he was getting tired. He had to play too many minutes out of necessity because the offense looked horrible when he went to the bench.

Hopefully Davis can make it back at some point. At least as a backup.
    If BD can make it back as the back up PG for the Knicks that would be a really good look for the bench

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

some girl that wants my meat asked: Como tu ta mi amor?

I said: I am linning.

Think these guys were impressed?

But do you guys really see Davis being a team player and only getting to play 10-15 minutes a game after being a starter his whole career.Im thinking that his injured back will help him make that decision that much easier.So hopefully he will!!

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Think these guys were impressed?

Charles Smith doesn't belong in that pic.And imagine how those Knick teams would have played with Lin.

Has anyone watched any TNT games recently? I'd love to hear good old Chuck's opinion on Jeremy Lin

Originally Posted by smokes
    Has anyone watched any TNT games recently? I'd love to hear good old Chuck's opinion on Jeremy Lin
    Haven't really watched any TNT games but I'm sure Chuck will look for something negative to say about Lin since he plays for the Knicks.

^ Lol last night they did a segment of where players who are currently overseas should go when they return to the NBA. When they got to Aaron Brooks he said "I thought NY was a good place for him until that Lin kid came in" looks like even the chuckster is buying in..

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by abcd

Wow, the evolution of Linbury!

WOW!!!!!!!

Mark Stein reports

that I'm told Knicks had begun lining up potential replacements for Lin, chief among them vet Mike James from their D-League affiliate in Erie

Sources with knowledge of the Knicks' thinking told ESPN.com's Marc Stein that the Knicks had been giving strong consideration to waiving Lin before his breakout game last Saturday against New Jersey.

Sources told Stein that the Knicks, given Lin's unguaranteed contract, were leaning toward releasing him before Tuesday's 6 p.m. deadline and had begun targeting replacement point guards to take Lin's roster spot, with veteran guard Mike James from their affiliate in the D-League (Erie BayHawks) chief among them.

But after Lin's 53 points combined against New Jersey on Saturday and Monday, New York scrapped its plans, with Lin's contract becoming guaranteed for the rest of the season when Tuesday night's deadline passed.

Default Perfect

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Lin sure did put all his doubters in place tonight.

Sometimes basketball isnt about who's stronger, faster or more athletic, but, about who's smarter and can process what they see quickly...

He has Cousy's peripheral vision and brain...he's sees the complete floor and his brain computes rapidly to make the right decisions.....he PROCESSES well.