View Poll Results: What to do with Lin?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

    16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

    27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

    13 23.21%
Page 24 of 140 FirstFirst ... 418192021222324252627282930445474 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

  1. #346
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    ^Chill out. Melo is still our best player. He has shown he can play team ball and I believe he will do whatever it takes to win... Until the game gets tight and we need to score that is.
    You play on 360? 50 points with Jeremy Lin..... WOW. You must be pretty sick in this game.

    I'd like to challenge you to a friendly game. Loser has to cut off half of his own dick and feed it to the Giraffe in the closest Zoo in the area.

  2. #347
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by joegti10
    I don't think hes our best player. Best shooter perhaps but he knows NOTHING about playing team orientated basketball...what team ball have you ever seen him play? Have you not been watching the last five games?

    He needs to go, we will be able to get some extra pieces to the puzzle for him.
    Dude, Melo has been passing the ball a ton more than he did at the start of the season. After he publicly second guessed his approach to the game it was clear to see how he made a conscious effort to play more within the team. I see no reason why that won't keep up.

  3. #348
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    You play on 360? 50 points with Jeremy Lin..... WOW. You must be pretty sick in this game.

    I'd like to challenge you to a friendly game. Loser has to cut off half of his own dick and feed it to the Giraffe in the closest Zoo in the area.
    Nah bro im on ps3. Didn't I play you on ps3 once in 2k11??

  4. #349
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Dude, Melo has been passing the ball a ton more than he did at the start of the season. After he publicly second guessed his approach to the game it was clear to see how he made a conscious effort to play more within the team. I see no reason why that won't keep up.
    I guess we will see 'when he feels better'. I just personally think hes not right for this squad. And yes, I was NOT a fan of the trade.

  5. #350
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Nah bro im on ps3. Didn't I play you on ps3 once in 2k11??
    Yeah, I remember now. Switched to 360 cause my PS3 died after four years in service. (R.I.P)

    You better buy a 360 then brah. think Crazy8s has a PS3 as well.

  6. #351
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by joegti10
    I guess we will see 'when he feels better'. I just personally think hes not right for this squad. And yes, I was NOT a fan of the trade.
    Melo is the best player on this team and our chances for a championship season relies on how well he can develop chemistry with his teammates while still producing quality numbers.

    Personally, I think he can do it. He seems to have a different mantra this season, looking to be more of a leader/team player rather than trying to win the scoring title.

  7. #352
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Yeah, I remember now. Switched to 360 cause my PS3 died after four years in service. (R.I.P)

    You better buy a 360 then brah. think Crazy8s has a PS3 as well.
    Lol Im on like my 4th ps3.. I got a slim now cause I hear those have less of a chance for the YLOD (Yellow light of death).. SO far so good..

  8. #353
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Lol Im on like my 4th ps3.. I got a slim now cause I hear those have less of a chance for the YLOD (Yellow light of death).. SO far so good..
    4 PS3s? Wow lol. I was gonna buy the slim too, initially. But then decided to cop the 360 cause most people say 360 players were a million times better than PS3 players on COD.

    I have to say, I've found myself on the verge of breaking my controller in half playing COD in 360. lol

  9. #354
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Melo is the best player on this team
    No, Melo is the best jump shooter on this team and jump shooters are a dime a dozen in this league.

    His game is very slow and lazy...not the direction the Knicks are heading. If Melo does not conform and becomes a slow ball hog again...he will be shipped out. Quote me.

  10. #355
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by joegti10
    No, Melo is the best jump shooter on this team and jump shooters are a dime a dozen in this league.

    His game is very slow and lazy...not the direction the Knicks are heading. If Melo does not conform and becomes a slow ball hog again...he will be shipped out. Quote me.
    Melo? Dime a dozen? Hahaha. You can't be serious.

    When the playoffs come, the Knicks will need Melo more than anyone on this team. The pace slows down during the playoffs and half court players are more effective by then.

    Why do you think Nash and Amar'e never made it to the Finals? There wasn't anyone on that team that can score the basketball consistently when the defense was set and players had to rely on their half court game.

  11. #356
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Melo? Dime a dozen? Hahaha. You can't be serious.

    When the playoffs come, the Knicks will need Melo more than anyone on this team. The pace slows down during the playoffs and half court players are more effective by then.

    Why do you think Nash and Amar'e never made it to the Finals? There wasn't anyone on that team that can score the basketball consistently when the defense was set and players had to rely on their half court game.
    Misquoting me. Didnt say Melo is a dime a dozen...jump shooters are a dime a dozen. Problem I have with melo is that he's a world class athlete who doesnt really 'push it'. Haven't seen him dive for a loose ball yet as a knick...and he doesnt dunk or drive the lane like he should be. Not sure why he wears that headband...he rarely works up a sweat.

    Melo has every opportunity right now to help bring this team to the promised land but he needs to change. Hopefully he steps up to the plate as hes about to be put under the microscope when he returns.

  12. #357
    Nein, Mann! Lercher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,058
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Landry's selling his magical couch:

    @landryfields: Ladies and gentlemen, the one and only couch made famous by @JLin7! Let the bidding begin... [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


  13. #358
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    All Melo has to do is move without the ball and not try to dominate it so much. Move, come off of screens and get in immediate scoring position on the block or a spot for an open jumper. Yeah, sure he can iso sometimes to change up the sets to give different looks.

    Lin will hopefully help with this as he'll be doing much more distributing than shooting when Melo and Amare get back for you guys.

    Need to keep up consistent D as well, but I'm not even sure that's in this current team's DNA.

    Now if we're talking about the Knicks of yesteryear(and the older rules) with Ewing, Oakley, Harper, Mason, Starks, Anthony, Doc, then it's a different story. But those guys have D ingrained in their DNA despite eras and rules.

  14. #359
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Lin is going to be on the SI cover!

    From Phil Tanner & Howard Beck on twitter

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] about to face its greatest test: We're putting Lin on the cover of SI. Glad there's no such thing as a j--x. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  15. #360
    Veteran BIG APPLE SPORTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Harlem, NY
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Jeremy Lin Ecf Player Of The Week!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Was Jeremy Lin At 100% While With the Knicks??
    By tkrieger in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Oct 01, 2012, 07:53
  2. Replies: 55
    Last Post: Sep 10, 2012, 13:05
  3. New York Knicks @ Toronto Raptors Tuesday 2/14 7:00PM
    By AmareForPresident in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 403
    Last Post: Feb 16, 2012, 01:07
  4. The Rise of Jeremy Lin
    By Cakalusa in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 10, 2012, 16:17
  5. The Ups and Downs of the Jeremy Lin Experience
    By KBlack25 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 08, 2012, 11:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •