View Poll Results: What to do with Lin?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

    16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

    27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

    13 23.21%
Page 46 of 140 FirstFirst ... 162640414243444546474849505152667696 ... LastLast
Results 676 to 690 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

  1. #676
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,485
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Well, hopefully he signs Houston's $31M contract offer and that's the extent of it.

    Interested to see what Dallas and Toronto offer, but not concerned in any way that Dolan will not match. Undoubtedly he believes Lin's fame is his own handy work.
    Last edited by Crazy⑧s; Jul 05, 2012 at 09:36. Reason: knob cheese

  2. #677
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    J-Lin is going to have to play a lot more games in order for me to see if he's worth that money.

    I think some people either forget or blindly over look the simple fact of the Knicks having other great players on this team that is helping JLin look better than he actually is. If he (Lin) hasn't improved his handle, his defense, and his toughness/durablility...I'll pass on him and let Houston make fools of themselves again. I like JLin, but he is not a franchise player (yet), as of now...he's just a decent, smart, pass first PG with room for potential....potential that may be stunted due to his recent injury/surgury on his knee. If he's on a team with players that don't match the skill sets of the Knicks (Stat, Mello, Chandler, J.R) he and that franchise will have serious problems.

  3. #678
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    It doesn't matter b/c our window is 3 years. LIN will be manegable this season & the next one. After that, this poison pill would only hurt Dolan's wallet for year #3. Obviously, comitting to 10 mil per year for 2 seasons is crazy for an unproven waiver-wire player... But Knicks have no alternative now.

    LIN being the unknown is really our only hope for a title. If he's a borderline, scoring... 15 & 8 type PG, then we have a real asset. If he isn;t, then he's no worse than any other starting PG option we're left with anyhow.

    Dolan will make so much cash having LIN that it'll pay for itself. Will only cost NYK in luxury tax penalties for 1 season.

  4. #679
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    J-Lin is going to have to play a lot more games in order for me to see if he's worth that money.

    I think some people either forget or blindly over look the simple fact of the Knicks having other great players on this team that is helping JLin look better than he actually is. If he (Lin) hasn't improved his handle, his defense, and his toughness/durablility...I'll pass on him and let Houston make fools of themselves again. I like JLin, but he is not a franchise player (yet), as of now...he's just a decent, smart, pass first PG with room for potential....potential that may be stunted due to his recent injury/surgury on his knee. If he's on a team with players that don't match the skill sets of the Knicks (Stat, Mello, Chandler, J.R) he and that franchise will have serious problems.
    No.

    Lin made our overrated players look better, and corrected what may have been the worst on-court team chemistry in the NBA.

    Which was why the team looked the best when he was the PG, and had the most control over the offensive flow, and why we looked like ****ing fools before him.

    Also, Lin came in during stretches where we were the most ravaged by injuries; so it is also incorrect to say he had the MIA starting cast surrounding him and sheer talent propelled him.

    Much like the NYK, pre-Melo, and under MDA, when we had well put together pieces, and ran an effective offense -- even with a lack of bottom line talent and holes on the roster -- we looked like a legitimate team on the rise.

  5. #680
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    if worst comes to worst with the whole lin contract i say we work out a sign and trade for em with the rockets. i would love to have kyle lowry here in NY he's a terrific PG who can run a team. have him as the center piece and maybe a draft pick and we'd be in good shape. that being said, i think its highly unlikely we let lin go no matter the cost. im not too worried about the whole backloaded contract doubt the rockets would do another one and tie up their cap space on asik and lin in a couple of years. i heard reports its a 4yr 30 mill with 8 mill per year

  6. #681
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller

    I think some people either forget or blindly over look the simple fact of the Knicks having other great players on this team that is helping JLin look better than he actually is..
    Do you remember last season at all?

    We were DONE. After coming into the season with all the hype, we were so bad. Loosing, and loosing and loosing... And its not just that we were loosing it was how we were loosing and who we were loosing to. We got blown out by the Bobcats at HOME. The worst team in NBA history and we made them look like allstars...

    Our offense was stagnant and DEAD. Amar'e got injured, Carmelo got injured. And there was really no hope for doing anything...

    And then Lin came in. We stopping loosing games we should win. In the big picture that means a lot. Thats what teams who can be better than .500 8th seed teams do.

    We were winning and it was most importantly exciting. Lin was playing with Chandler, Jefferies, Novak and Fields... Other than Chandler, our line up was piss poor. Novak can stroke the three but was useless without lins playmaking skills to get him open.

    He has been the best thing to happen to this team in a long time. He makes this team fun and exciting. He can play if he stays healthy.

  7. #682
    Member FrazierVocab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    if worst comes to worst with the whole lin contract i say we work out a sign and trade for em with the rockets. i would love to have kyle lowry here in NY he's a terrific PG who can run a team. have him as the center piece and maybe a draft pick and we'd be in good shape. that being said, i think its highly unlikely we let lin go no matter the cost. im not too worried about the whole backloaded contract doubt the rockets would do another one and tie up their cap space on asik and lin in a couple of years. i heard reports its a 4yr 30 mill with 8 mill per year
    Lowry just got traded to Toronto for a 1st rounder.

  8. #683
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,812
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Keep Lin and figure moving Ama're next year....I think he's only going to get even better...he has much upside and is so young too

  9. #684
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Fellas,

    I just want to see more of him before we give him that much money. That one little stretch isn’t enough for me. Many players have gone on similar stretches then fizzle out for one reason or another.

    I want to know if JLin is the real deal or if he was just the “spirit of the moment”. We need a team that will compete with the Heat as well as other notable teams making big time moves. Giving this much cash to an unknown is a gamble I wouldn’t take. If he turns out to be a bust, or gets reinjured because of the way he plays… we will be stuck with another over paid underachiever.

    He just had knee surgery, so I suspect his speed and cutting ability will be poor. Plus we don’t know if he has improved on any of his weaknesses.

    Every team is going to go hard at him and if he’s not up to the challenge he and this contract will hinder our chances at a chip in the near future. I want the best for JLin but I want the best for the Knicks too, I’m iffy on taking that risk.

    If life was as easy as a dream...I would give him a lucrative one year deal (with a fine print) so he can prove to himself and everyone what he's worth. If he does well…then he wins a better contract from us or another team. If he fails…I doubt we’ll lose much, but we should still be in a good position to right the ship. I just don’t see the value yet. What I saw was just another young player going through streaks of good and bad games. But not nearly enough games to know enough about his true abilities.

  10. #685
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,916
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    The whole backloaded contract hysteria in signing Jeremy Lin is not as huge as everyone thinks it is if you ask me, there's no telling what will happen after 2 more years, we may not even have 1 of the other big contracts still here at that time.

    I'm sure if the Knicks end up matching a backloaded contract for Lin then they will be looking to dump Amar'e after the 2014 season in a cap move similar to how Atlanta just dumped Joe Johnson on the Nets. He would only have 1 more year left on his deal then so it would be much more palateable then than it is now, assuming his knees & back can hold up that long (big IF admittedly, but I think people are overreacting prematurely a bit to the whole luxury tax scare in year 3 of Lin's next contract)

    It does not matter how much the Knicks pay Jeremy Lin....the Knicks dont have a starter or backup PG for our $14M C-Tyson, $20M PF-Stat, and $20M SF-Melo (letting Melo run the offense lead to a 8-15 record).
    Knicks fans at MSG will feel a huge disappointment at the start of the 2012-13 season if Jeremy Lin is not in a Knicks uniform. That's a Fact.

    GM Grunwald were not wise enough to resign Jeremy Lin for a $24M 4 year contract with benefits of a 50 win season, 2nd round playoff, 3rd in assists, ect.
    Grunwald was not wise enough to resign Landry Fields to a $20M 4 year contract.
    Grunwald was not wise enough to resign Steve Novak to a $16M 4 year contract.
    All three of the above Knicks RFA became very close friends to gell & co-exist as a 1, 2, 3, lineup to compete as a strong trio of starters with center Tyson Chandler leadership.


    For those who thought rookie Iman Shump performance was better than Landry Fields 2nd season performance know liitle about a starter n finisher. Fields is a starter/finisher when Shump is just a dynamic defensive finisher. Having both Fields & Shump on the court as crunchtime finishers won us alot of close games.

  11. #686
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by FrazierVocab
    Lowry just got traded to Toronto for a 1st rounder.
    yea i know now im tight loll. now we pretty much need lin back. whatever it takes.

  12. #687
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Yea I think Dolan will eat the cost of the luxury tax with ease. I'm sure J Lin jersey merchandise sales and sold out games to watch him will more than make it up in the long run. We aren't the Bobcats or the Raptors who would probably have to fold if they had the same situation. Dolan has made some really boneheaded moves (including this year's free agency fiasco) but if he doesn't see the marketability in Lin, if not future star potential, then he may go down as one of the dumbest franchise owners in sports history.

    The decision is purely up to Lin now and no one else. Hopefully he realizes that the Rockets are irrelevant and will get him nowhere and comes back to us.

  13. #688
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,916
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYNYK
    Yea I think Dolan will eat the cost of the luxury tax with ease. I'm sure J Lin jersey merchandise sales and sold out games to watch him will more than make it up in the long run. We aren't the Bobcats or the Raptors who would probably have to fold if they had the same situation. Dolan has made some really boneheaded moves (including this year's free agency fiasco) but if he doesn't see the marketability in Lin, if not future star potential, then he may go down as one of the dumbest franchise owners in sports history.

    The decision is purely up to Lin now and no one else. Hopefully he realizes that the Rockets are irrelevant and will get him nowhere and comes back to us.

    Dolan will resign Jeremy Lin at any cost....but the Knicks having only 5 players under contract on July 1st. and Grunwald not sealing an agreement to resign our valuable 3 RFA players by July 2nd. so we could be the team giving out offersheets of MLE & LLE to the FA market of players on July 3rd. before all the good FA are gone.
    Im waiting to count all the Knicks players under contract on July 15th.
    Remember we didnt want to improve the Knicks on draft night.

    Its like the Knicks hasnt stop their decade cycle of foolishness by rebuilding a new team each season. Dolan and all his dum-dum GM should be banish from the NBA.

  14. #689
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    J-Lin is going to have to play a lot more games in order for me to see if he's worth that money.

    I think some people either forget or blindly over look the simple fact of the Knicks having other great players on this team that is helping JLin look better than he actually is. If he (Lin) hasn't improved his handle, his defense, and his toughness/durablility...I'll pass on him and let Houston make fools of themselves again. I like JLin, but he is not a franchise player (yet), as of now...he's just a decent, smart, pass first PG with room for potential....potential that may be stunted due to his recent injury/surgury on his knee. If he's on a team with players that don't match the skill sets of the Knicks (Stat, Mello, Chandler, J.R) he and that franchise will have serious problems.
    Let's also not be blind to the fact that Lin practically carried this team on his shoulders for 2 weeks when STAT & Melo were out with injuries & he had that Linsanity streak. This is not to say he'll do that again, but the kid obviously has the talent to be a VERY good basketball player & he's already 1 of the most promising young PGs in the league. Being hugely marketable with the Asian market (with every market really) doesn't hurt his cause either. The Knicks will resign him. If you don't believe me, take a look at all the "Linsanity" hats, tshirts & jerseys you see at every sporting goods store you go to these days. & It's not just Asian people that are snatching that up either. This kid is wildly popular with the Knicks' fanbase & the Knicks will milk that for all it's worth. They aren't going to let all that be put on clearance sale by not resigning this guy. Lol.

  15. #690
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    It does not matter how much the Knicks pay Jeremy Lin....the Knicks dont have a starter or backup PG for our $14M C-Tyson, $20M PF-Stat, and $20M SF-Melo (letting Melo run the offense lead to a 8-15 record).
    Knicks fans at MSG will feel a huge disappointment at the start of the 2012-13 season if Jeremy Lin is not in a Knicks uniform. That's a Fact.

    GM Grunwald were not wise enough to resign Jeremy Lin for a $24M 4 year contract with benefits of a 50 win season, 2nd round playoff, 3rd in assists, ect.
    Grunwald was not wise enough to resign Landry Fields to a $20M 4 year contract.
    Grunwald was not wise enough to resign Steve Novak to a $16M 4 year contract.
    All three of the above Knicks RFA became very close friends to gell & co-exist as a 1, 2, 3, lineup to compete as a strong trio of starters with center Tyson Chandler leadership.


    For those who thought rookie Iman Shump performance was better than Landry Fields 2nd season performance know liitle about a starter n finisher. Fields is a starter/finisher when Shump is just a dynamic defensive finisher. Having both Fields & Shump on the court as crunchtime finishers won us alot of close games.
    First of all, Lin wanted to shop himself around & see what he could get. The Knicks knew this & let the market dictate his value. This is how business is done in the NBA. You don't bid against yourself & offer up a big contract until you know other teams would do the same (it's that type of mentality that led us to signing Allan Houston to that ridiculous $100M contract, remember?).

    As for Shump vs. Fields, Shumpert has ELITE defensive skills already & he's every bit as good a finisher as Fields, along with a developing J. Yes, having both those guys running the wings won us games, you're right, but you can find guys with athleticism & finishing skills in the D Leagues if you look hard enough. What you cannot find are elite shutdown defenders like Iman.

    Don't look now but the Knicks just solved their backup PG issues by signing Jason Kidd. So are you still going to be upset if we match Houston's offer to Jeremy Lin now?

Similar Threads

  1. Was Jeremy Lin At 100% While With the Knicks??
    By tkrieger in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Oct 01, 2012, 07:53
  2. Replies: 55
    Last Post: Sep 10, 2012, 13:05
  3. New York Knicks @ Toronto Raptors Tuesday 2/14 7:00PM
    By AmareForPresident in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 403
    Last Post: Feb 16, 2012, 01:07
  4. The Rise of Jeremy Lin
    By Cakalusa in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 10, 2012, 16:17
  5. The Ups and Downs of the Jeremy Lin Experience
    By KBlack25 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 08, 2012, 11:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •