16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 47 of 140 FirstFirst ... 172741424344454647484950515253677797 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Its like the Knicks hasnt stop their decade cycle of foolishness by rebuilding a new team each season. Dolan and all his dum-dum GM should be banish from the NBA.
    Not sure what's so dumb about our GM, he's the same GM who drafted Iman Shumpert & had the foresight to sign Jeremy Lin & Steve Novak off waivers. Oh & he also swung that trade to bring Tyson Chandler in here, the defensive player of the year, remember? Come on stop complaining & start giving this man his due. He has done a terrific job as our GM since he took over. Not sure what there is to complain about Lin would have shopped himself around regardless if we offered him a contract earlier or not. This is how free agency works.

Question to the Cap-ologists:

Let's say the Houston offer is 4 years at $30M backloaded. Do the Knicks necessarily have to match that exact contract, or can they spread the dollars out evenly or even frontload the contract over those same 4 years for the same overall dollar amount? So let's say they frontload a contract to be $10M in each of the 1st 2 seasons, then it goes down to $5M per over the last 2 years when the luxury tax penalties become harsher? Is that feasible or is that not allowed under the current CBA?

Veteran

Originally Posted by STAT1
    Let's also not be blind to the fact that Lin practically carried this team on his shoulders for 2 weeks when STAT & Melo were out with injuries & he had that Linsanity streak. This is not to say he'll do that again, but the kid obviously has the talent to be a VERY good basketball player & he's already 1 of the most promising young PGs in the league. Being hugely marketable with the Asian market (with every market really) doesn't hurt his cause either. The Knicks will resign him. If you don't believe me, take a look at all the "Linsanity" hats, tshirts & jerseys you see at every sporting goods store you go to these days. & It's not just Asian people that are snatching that up either. This kid is wildly popular with the Knicks' fanbase & the Knicks will milk that for all it's worth. They aren't going to let all that be put on clearance sale by not resigning this guy. Lol.
    I can run a clearance sale myself with the amount of knick Jerseys i brought over the years. I didn't buy Lin's (yet) because i knew he'll be a free agent. Houston is just acting like beyotches because they waived him....so now the knicks over pay so that Houston will feel a bit better. I dont like this part of the game....at all.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    I can run a clearance sale myself with the amount of knick Jerseys i brought over the years. I didn't buy Lin's (yet) because i knew he'll be a free agent. Houston is just acting like beyotches because they waived him....so now the knicks over pay so that Houston will feel a bit better. I dont like this part of the game....at all.
    No one does, but it's part of the game. It's how business has always been done in the NBA. Teams try to screw other teams by driving up the players' price. Happens in every sport.

Veteran

Yes, and that leaves me very uneasy. The knicks have been unlucky in this department.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    Yes, and that leaves me very uneasy. The knicks have been unlucky in this department.
    Nothing about Lin's contract worries me, he will more than make up for it in sheer marketing value to this franchise. What worries me is will Iman Shumpert return w/the same type of explosion in his legs that he showed all last year.

Veteran

Yeah honestly the luxury tax is a non-issue for James Dolan. In the 2009-2010 season the team paid 44 million dollars in luxury tax in addition to 114 million in salary. They do not give a **** whatsoever.

Superstar

I'm not a big LIN fan, but i'll even admit, he has huge upside.The signing of kidd, would be the best thing to ever happen to LIN, i'm mean who better to learn the proper way to play PG from, than one of the best to ever do it.Learning from Kidd, he'll be an All-star pg in a few years.

Question to the Cap-ologists:

Let's say the Houston offer is 4 years at $30M backloaded. Do the Knicks necessarily have to match that exact contract, or can they spread the dollars out evenly or even frontload the contract over those same 4 years for the same overall dollar amount? So let's say they frontload a contract to be $10M in each of the 1st 2 seasons, then it goes down to $5M per over the last 2 years when the luxury tax penalties become harsher? Is that feasible or is that not allowed under the current CBA?
    If that was possible then reporters would have mentioned it.

Pretty sure Knicks have to "match" that offer and would have to pay 9 mil in year 3 and 4, and honestly Lin should be worth every penny by that time.

Veteran

First of all, Lin wanted to shop himself around & see what he could get. The Knicks knew this & let the market dictate his value. This is how business is done in the NBA. You don't bid against yourself & offer up a big contract until you know other teams would do the same (it's that type of mentality that led us to signing Allan Houston to that ridiculous $100M contract, remember?).

As for Shump vs. Fields, Shumpert has ELITE defensive skills already & he's every bit as good a finisher as Fields, along with a developing J. Yes, having both those guys running the wings won us games, you're right, but you can find guys with athleticism & finishing skills in the D Leagues if you look hard enough. What you cannot find are elite shutdown defenders like Iman.

Don't look now but the Knicks just solved their backup PG issues by signing Jason Kidd. So are you still going to be upset if we match Houston's offer to Jeremy Lin now?

u got me mixed-up .... I dont give a flying F how much Dolan have to put out in the new luxury-tax rule (Big-Market teams went along with this rule so EFF'em, pay dat $3 for $1)....only one owner admitted he didnt like the luxury tax new rule, Cuban. So Dolan better match Lin & Fields offersheet plus resign Novak. WHY?
    Dolan fast move in the Melo-trade made us Knicks-fans have to put up with another Marbury-fiasco for a season and a half .. not one Knicks teammate was happy with the "ISO-Melo bullshiiat offense" .. Knicks became the number 1 team with the most injury-prone players.

u act clueless of rookie Shump performance before the ALL-Star game....
    Do u recall rookie Fields performance before the ALL-Star game in 2010-11 season?
    Shump tore his ACL straining to be something he is not .. a NBA starter.
    Shump will need a season of rehabilitation with a well known therapist to have the athletic speed he showed in the 2nd half of his rookie season, the rip in Shump ACL two months after surgery has Shump in a wheelchair shooting jumpshots (serious tear)....dont expect a 90% Shump back on court doin his thang until the 2013 summer league games. The Knicks medical staff has always been wrong as far back as trading a healthy Bar-brawling Anthony Mason for injury-prone Larry Johnson, or 3 seasons of no-show Mcdyess, or did u forget Allan Houston final 3 years .. Allan Houston Rule.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    u got me mixed-up .... I dont give a flying F how much Dolan have to put out in the new luxury-tax rule (Big-Market teams went along with this rule so EFF'em, pay dat $3 for $1)....only one owner admitted he didnt like the luxury tax new rule, Cuban. So Dolan better match Lin & Fields offersheet plus resign Novak. WHY?
    Dolan fast move in the Melo-trade made us Knicks-fans have to put up with another Marbury-fiasco for a season and a half .. not one Knicks teammate was happy with the "ISO-Melo bullshiiat offense" .. Knicks became the number 1 team with the most injury-prone players.

u act clueless of rookie Shump performance before the ALL-Star game....
    Do u recall rookie Fields performance before the ALL-Star game in 2010-11 season?
    Shump tore his ACL straining to be something he is not .. a NBA starter.
    Shump will need a season of rehabilitation with a well known therapist to have the athletic speed he showed in the 2nd half of his rookie season, the rip in Shump ACL two months after surgery has Shump in a wheelchair shooting jumpshots (serious tear)....dont expect a 90% Shump back on court doin his thang until the 2013 summer league games. The Knicks medical staff has always been wrong as far back as trading a healthy Bar-brawling Anthony Mason for injury-prone Larry Johnson, or 3 seasons of no-show Mcdyess, or did u forget Allan Houston final 3 years .. Allan Houston Rule.
    Don't be such an ass, Shump's defense alone qualifies him as a NBA starter. He is a better all around player than Sefelosha, Tony Allen and Shane Battier so how is trying to contribute to a decimated team in the playoffs trying to be something he is not?

Veteran

Not sure what's so dumb about our GM, he's the same GM who drafted Iman Shumpert & had the foresight to sign Jeremy Lin & Steve Novak off waivers. Oh & he also swung that trade to bring Tyson Chandler in here, the defensive player of the year, remember? Come on stop complaining & start giving this man his due. He has done a terrific job as our GM since he took over. Not sure what there is to complain about Lin would have shopped himself around regardless if we offered him a contract earlier or not. This is how free agency works.

Dont get so high on GM Grunwald....
    1) u dont select Iman Shumpert when Kenneth Faried is available .. big mistake.
    2) Their was no foresight in signing cheap "fullers" to fill empty gap space on a roster .. a team must have 13 roster spots covered.
    3) Signing Tyson Chandler was a no-brainer .. amnesty Billups made the Knicks a LOTTERY team without any direction.
    4) Signing Bibby, Davis, and JR.Smith were wasted signings of offensive players with no heart to dictate an ISO-Melo offensive team.
    5) D.League Jeremy Lin had more heart than Bibby/Davis/Smith put together....Lin showed that on Feb 3rd vs Boston.
    6) We are mentioning RFA .. do u know what restricted mean? or Birds Right mean? are the Bulls & Clippers going to let Rose & Blake test their worth on the FA market? or the OKC trio? all three teams are over the cap.
    7) The Knicks trio of RFA performance in the 2011-12 season increased their value by a wide margin (trade-assets) in the NBA. It shouldve been a no-brainer for GM Grunwald to annouce to the media on June 29th the Knicks priority or intention are to resign all three RFA, to keep the next team from giving them an offer-sheet.

8) Jason Kidd was in the middle of negotiation with the Mavs, before a quick change of plans had Kidd announce signing with the Knicks .. think Tyson Chandler buddy-buddy with Lin, before thinking GM Grunwald had more influence on Kidd over Cuban.

Knicks somehow sign LeBron, Wade, CP3 and D12, all for vet min - Kiyaman says "our GM is an idiot, these signings should not have happened, waste of money, we're a lottery team now". Zeke, is it you?

Veteran

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Knicks somehow sign LeBron, Wade, CP3 and D12, all for vet min - Kiyaman says "our GM is an idiot, these signings should not have happened, waste of money, we're a lottery team now". Zeke, is it you?
    If u are trying to get on my goodside? that is the same side my shooting range is on......
    the Knicks graded a blank on the 2012 draft-night having only 5 players under-contract .. leaning heavy on the FA market for nine players in offseason......

The best Knicks news was winning the arbitration for Lin & Novak Birds Rights .. the next best Knicks news was Jason Kidd hurdle over smooth talking Cuban to become a Knicks.

I just dont believe GM Grunwald had anything to do with any of the above best news .. while Grunwald was wasting valuable time/energy going after the 3rd best veteran PG Nash using Shump as a swap .. Tyson Chandler recruited the number #1 best veteran PG Kidd to tutor Jeremy Lin, and the non co-existin Melo/Stat

^ I was just joking Kiya, every post of yours I read on this board was full of complaining and frankly I found it funny to just point it out, didn't mean to offend you or anything. Chill bro.
    Last edited by Lercher; Jul 07, 2012 at 16:14.