Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 71 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2141516566676869707172737475767791101121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Exactly. Felton is worse than Jeremy Lin at all facets of the game.

He is worse at scoring, the pick and roll, shooting, and defending. He might be a marginally better passer, but his decision making is just as terrible.

At least with Lin, his excuse is that he's new to the game and has a lot to learn. Felton has been in the league for seven years and he is worse than he has ever been. Truly, he is nothing but a starter on a terrible team, or a backup on a top-level team.

Since we don't have a PG in front of him, guess which one we are?
    seriously saying we are a terrible team?? come on, youre just sore at whats transpired

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Exactly. Felton is worse than Jeremy Lin at all facets of the game.

He is worse at scoring, the pick and roll, shooting, and defending. He might be a marginally better passer, but his decision making is just as terrible.

At least with Lin, his excuse is that he's new to the game and has a lot to learn. Felton has been in the league for seven years and he is worse than he has ever been. Truly, he is nothing but a starter on a terrible team, or a backup on a top-level team.

Since we don't have a PG in front of him, guess which one we are?
    Felton is pretty bad. When we see him under Woodson this year, maybe some guys will appreciate D'Antoni more. They were mentioning Felton in All-Star discussion before the trade.

Yoooo Welcome back Felton!!!!

Veteran

Originally Posted by knickerbocker12
    seriously saying we are a terrible team?? come on, youre just sore at whats transpired
    You don't remember 2-11 before Linsanity with a healthy Stat, Melo and TC. A good PG made all the difference between winning and losing so it's possible Ray maybe more Mike Bibby/TD than JLin and the Knicks suck.

Felton has a lot to prove after that season in Portland, just hoping JKidd is not Mike Bibby II.

Frank Isola@FisolaNYDN
    J.R. Smith tells [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] that Lin's contract could cause some chemistry issues in the locker room. Got to love J.R.'s honesty

Interesting..

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    You don't remember 2-11 before Linsanity with a healthy Stat, Melo and TC. A good PG made all the difference between winning and losing so it's possible Ray maybe more Mike Bibby/TD than JLin and the Knicks suck.

Felton has a lot to prove after that season in Portland, just hoping JKidd is not Mike Bibby II.
    Yeah and I honestly do not think Felton is a good PG. In Woodson's iso-heavy system we need people who can shoot the outside shot and Felton cannot do that. He is a poor outside shooter and a very low-efficiency scorer overall, and that doesn't bode well, especially when you consider that his level of physical fitness resembled Jerome James' last year

Veteran

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NYNYK
    I fail to understand is why were we so caught up in getting Bird Rights for Novak AND Lin if we're not matching Lin's offer? Not sure if anyone's pointed
    that out yet. Common sense would point to signing Lin just based on the fact that we fought so hard to get him his Bird rights not to mention the revenue that he would bring (definite) and potential wins added (questionable). That is the sole reason that I would believe that we're still going to match the offer. Otherwise nothing makes sense.

Great point & great arguement to prove Grunwald shouldve stuck with the assistant manager job ..
    thats if he dont match Lin's high expensive offer (its not a good sign when Mchale outsmart u).

It's not my money, it's Dolan's. If he wants to demand that Time Warner pay an extra 2 dollars to carry MSG (a cost that translates over to the consumer's cable bill), and that we as Knicks fans should see ticket prices go up every year despite being swept in the first round, then yes, I think it's a price he can handle. Also, the youtube link is bad.

Mchale didnt outsmart anybody, its the gm Daryl Morey thats behind what the Rockets are doing and to be honest nobody is quite sure what the Rockets are doing.

They have lost their 3 point guards over the last year or two (Brooks, Dragic, and Lowry)

They amnestied Luis Scola

They are about to lose Courtney Lee

They gave away Jordan Hill

And now they have offered Jeremy Lin a ridiculous deal where he makes 15 million the final year of a 3 year contract

Daryl Moreys plan was to land a superstar as he stated earlier this offseason. Looks like if they finally do get their star, it will be 1 on 5

Veteran

Originally Posted by knickerbocker12

Heres a member that did not watch Knicks Basketball in 2011-12 season ....
    u missed a helluva crazy season ....
    one minute we were an expensive LOTTERY Team then BAM! Lin-Sanity.............

I have a couple of possible solutions...hopefully nobody mentioned them yet

If we were to match and bring Lin back could we....

Trade his expiring contract after 2 years?

Amnesty Amare?

Or could we....

Trade Amare after 2 years when his contract is going to expire?

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I have a couple of possible solutions...hopefully nobody mentioned them yet

If we were to match and bring Lin back could we....

Trade his expiring contract after 2 years?

Amnesty Amare?

Or could we....

Trade Amare after 2 years when his contract is going to expire?
    We can trade Lin and Amare in their final seasons, because of course, expiring contracts are always nice assets to have.

We can't amnesty Amar'e, though. Already used that on Billups.

Knicks made a grave mistake by letting LIN walk away. Lin is a CASH COW. He brought in not only ASIAN fans but other nationalities as well. Even if LIN cant put up 18/10, people would still pay to see him/knicks because of him being the underdog, harvard grad, a good kid ( not the typical "thug") and of course the like-able guy.

I can't believe some people here are bashing LIN for accepting an offer that gives him more money. More rookie or young players prefer taking money over winning. Because of they are still young, winning a ring isnt their main concern - they have more time ahead. I cant believe how stupid some people here are.

Veteran

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Mchale didnt outsmart anybody, its the gm Daryl Morey thats behind what the Rockets are doing and to be honest nobody is quite sure what the Rockets are doing.

They have lost their 3 point guards over the last year or two (Brooks, Dragic, and Lowry)

They amnestied Luis Scola

They are about to lose Courtney Lee

They gave away Jordan Hill

And now they have offered Jeremy Lin a ridiculous deal where he makes 15 million the final year of a 3 year contract

Daryl Moreys plan was to land a superstar as he stated earlier this offseason. Looks like if they finally do get their star, it will be 1 on 5

Didnt we just do a sign n trade with the Rockets for a unrestricted FA Camby? plus they had 2 first round draft picks .. thanx to us

u forgot Rockets sent Budinger to play with Rubio/Love .. Damn I wanted to add Budinger to the Knicks as Fields backup to come off the bench with Novak.
    Houston Rockets made billion$$$ dollars off of Yao-commodity, Lin is a hot selling commodity to build a team around .. the Rockets are having an offseason fire-sale on coach Adeleman players to get deep under the salary-cap.

Nyk Logo It's not Lin's fault

I'm getting annoyed by all the posts criticizing Lin for being greedy and choosing to leave New York. This shows an ignorance about how the whole restricted free agency thing works.

The Knicks could have given Lin an offer before Houston or anyone else - say, 21 million distributed more or less equally over three years. Lin might have taken that. But he never got the opportunity. By some accounts, he was bothered by this, but perhaps those were just BS.

Instead, the Knicks chose not to make an offer, preferring to see what kind of an offer sheet he would sign and then deciding whether to match it. Before yesterday, everyone assumed they would re-sign win, with ESPN's Marc Stein going as far as to say they would match any offer "up to a billion dollars". Lin presumably thought this as well when he signed the rockets offer sheet.

The one criticism you might make of Lin is perhaps he could have negotiated with the rockets to make the offer more equally spread over the three years, so there wouldn't be the so-called "poisoned pill", which would screw up the cap situation for the Knicks in the third year. But he took the best offer he got, presumably with the assumption that the Knicks would match the offer regardless of cap issues. There was good reason for him to believe this, since everyone else seemed to be reporting this, and it was clear that Lin being in New York was a good business situation for the Knicks as well as Lin.

Perhaps you believe going with Felton instead of Lin is better off for the Knicks. But if they end up not choosing to re-sign Lin, in my opinion it is all on the Knicks management. They had a clear opportunity to sign Lin, and had many options to deal with the spiked third year salary, including just paying the luxury tax, trading Lin, trading Amare, or using the amnesty clause on of the the two before the third year. Instead, they seem to be poised to just let him walk, screwing up a great situation unnecessarily. At this point, I'm not even sure what their justification could be. I don't think it's just about money. Stephan A. Smith seems to think that Knicks brass weren't happy about him not playing against the Heat. If that's the reason they let him walk away, they are letting petty hurt feelings and pride get in the way of what's best for the franchise. Lin will be plenty loyal when he gets his guaranteed contract - the situation in Miami was not sufficient to doubt his work ethic and willigness to sacrifice. And Stephan A's comparison to D-Wade was unfair - D-Wade already has been paid tens of millions of dollars and is not in contract negotiations this year. Lin doesn't have money in the bank and was poised to negotiate his first big contract.

The Knicks CAN still match the offer for Lin. If they don't, it's the Knicks choosing to let him go, not Lin choosing to leave. From all accounts, he truly believed the Knicks would match the offer and he was shocked when he heard about the Felton trade. If the Knicks choose to let him go to Houston, the ONLY justification I would be satisfied with is if they have plan in place to go after Chris Paul or another top-tier PG, which I highly doubt. And that's no knock on Felton - I actually think he'll be OK for them. But Lin would have been better, and letting him go is a mistake.