View Poll Results: What to do with Lin?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

    16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

    27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

    13 23.21%
Page 90 of 140 FirstFirst ... 40607084858687888990919293949596110120 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

  1. #1336
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,932
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Lin proved he could win. I don't want to hear any crap about we have a new PG and nobody left from last years team so we have to build chemistry again. I want to see winning streaks not losing streaks right out of the gate.

  2. #1337
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Wargames
    first buddy i didn't call you racist I said don't make this a race issue.... don't try to play me and then misquote me.
    How about you calm the hell down. I responded to Orangeblobman with the racist thing. I only mentioned you in the reply because you both had the same issue on Lin.

  3. #1338
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Lin proved he could win. I don't want to hear any crap about we have a new PG and nobody left from last years team so we have to build chemistry again. I want to see winning streaks not losing streaks right out of the gate.
    That's exactly the crap you will hear though.

    More excuses, all the way to the next big, stupid trade or signing Dolan makes.

  4. #1339
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,204
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    How about you calm the hell down. I responded to Orangeblobman with the racist thing. I only mentioned you in the reply because you both had the same issue on Lin.
    fair enough I just thought you was trying to play me so I came back aggressive.

  5. #1340
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    This sucks........but time to move on.....

    So whats the starting 5...
    Felton
    Smith
    Melo
    Stat
    Chandler

    I do not smell championship
    I'm confused. Was it going to smell like a championship with Lin??

  6. #1341
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    This sucks........but time to move on.....

    So whats the starting 5...
    Felton
    Smith
    Melo
    Stat
    Chandler

    I do not smell championship
    Chandler is the odd man out there, and to a lesser extent Amar'e.

    The other three are varying degrees of bum.

  7. #1342
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Wargames
    fair enough I just thought you was trying to play me so I came back aggressive.
    You came back like CB4 Gusto.

  8. #1343
    Superstar YuvalNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    715
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    **** is getting serious
    rumor is we wont match on lin


  9. #1344
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Newbie
    Besides being racist, your comment and beliefs about Lin fans, along with many
    others on this forum, is just plain ignorant!!

    May I ask you something? (Yes, some of the user names may sound asian, and
    perhaps because the person IS asian.) But, for the majority of
    Lin fans on this board, it's difficult to know if they are INDEED asian.

    Do you, and the other racists on this board, have special x-ray vision?
    Are you able to see to the other side of the computer screen to know
    for certain that the person/Lin fan IS asian?

    And, what ethnicity are you and the other asian haters? Are you white,
    black, brown? If not white, have you not suffered racism before? Do you
    enjoy just giving it back out of revenge?

    I just don't understand it?! Do you feel that you and the other "core"
    group OWN this board? Because you don't. There are new Knicks fans
    coming out of the woodwork every day. And, yes, some of these fans
    are also Jeremy Lin fans as well as Novak fans and Chandler fans.

    Don't like it? Then just move on to another post.
    1. Please define racist
    2. Try and relate it to anything I said in any of my posts
    3. Embarass yourself
    4. Apologize

  10. #1345
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Only jerk faces bring up race and politics at the table. Take it outside, both of you.

  11. #1346
    Member Newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    You need to look up the word "racist". Are you and Wargames so blind as to not realize that the asian community who related to Lin and became major knicks fans because of him won't migrate to being Rockets fans???

    He represented an entire group of people! This is a fact! There were plenty of asians on television who couldn't speak english but they would chant Lin's name. C'mon man stop being naive.
    So, WHAT!!?? Why does it bother you and so many others on this board?
    Jeremy Lin is probably one of the first asian athletes who stirred up
    passion in many people, including the asian community, but others as well.
    What is wrong with a group of people being proud and excited about a
    person of their own kind? Can you blame them?

    You say your attitude is not racist, but it's hatred, still. And, I don't
    understand WHY?!

    Are there not other ethnic groups who go crazy about "famous" people
    of their own kind? What is so wrong with that?

    If you are honest with yourself, you would agree that, yes, you are
    racist against asians.

  12. #1347
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin, NYC orig
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    This **** really blows my mind, I for one will have no patience now this team better go far in playoffs next yr (but sure they won't)

  13. #1348
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,204
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    You came back like CB4 Gusto.

  14. #1349
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I'm on record as saying I wouldn't mind Lin coming back. I'm also on record as saying if he doesn't come back, i'm fine with moving on with what we have.

    I don't have a problem with Felton and Kidd as the pgs. I already know Felton works well with Amare plus he's a tough defender. He averaged 17/9 here so I'm not worried about his skill level.

    Training camp with everyone healthy (sans Shump) with everyone on the same page and smart vets as reserves. Seems like a notch in the right direction.

  15. #1350
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    426
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Tell me if anything I wrote was wrong??
    Not sure if it's worth the typing but you have some serious inferiority complex. Why do you automatically assume that most Linsanity fans are Asian and not true Knicks fans? And WTF is a true NYK fan anyway?

Similar Threads

  1. Was Jeremy Lin At 100% While With the Knicks??
    By tkrieger in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Oct 01, 2012, 08:53
  2. Replies: 55
    Last Post: Sep 10, 2012, 14:05
  3. New York Knicks @ Toronto Raptors Tuesday 2/14 7:00PM
    By AmareForPresident in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 403
    Last Post: Feb 16, 2012, 02:07
  4. The Rise of Jeremy Lin
    By Cakalusa in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 10, 2012, 17:17
  5. The Ups and Downs of the Jeremy Lin Experience
    By KBlack25 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 08, 2012, 12:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •