Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 110 of 140 FirstFirst ... 608090104105106107108109110111112113114115116130 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    We have a winner here! rep point given
    who gives a sh|t about his ability, it DOESN'T MATTER. Even if he turns out to be mediocre he'll still bring the millions of new worldwide fans. He'll still make the team fun to root for, and he'll still pay for himself in new cash flows

Dolan let his ego screw the Knicks

next season are you gonna change your username to LINveryvulnerable?

Veteran

Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    who gives a sh|t about his ability, it DOESN'T MATTER. Even if he turns out to be mediocre he'll still bring the millions of new worldwide fans. He'll still make the team fun to root for, and he'll still pay for himself in new cash flows

Dolan let his ego screw the Knicks
    Hermanism works best here: "You play to win the game" . Not be "mediocre" and win fans. Winning wins fans. Jeremy and his agents greed took over.

Veteran

Default Was Lin's "Market" value bigger than Melo/Stat/Tyson?

Jeremy Lin's market value happen to be a great lift upward for any of the NBA's small market teams.

Why did the Rockets go for him? Because it made basketball sense and marketing sense.

The Rockets not only filled a position of need, but also snagged a player who may re-establish the franchise in Asia, where the team enjoyed massive popularity during Yao Ming's career.
    Lin is American-born, but of Chinese and Taiwanese descent, and his timing is perfect to capitalize on the NBA's explosive growth in China. He'll wear No. 7 for the Rockets, a change from the No. 17 he wore with the Knicks. The team began taking pre-orders for Lin jerseys online on Wednesday.
    Yao was widely credited with breaking open the Chinese market for the NBA, but his retirement last summer hasn't slowed the game's growth or popularity.

Television ratings for live NBA games on CCTV5, the national network in China, were up 21 percent in 2011-12 from the previous season, the league said. The NBA had about 16 million followers on social media when Yao retired, and that number spiked to 49 million last season, the league said.

Marc Ganis, president of Chicago-based SportsCorp, says the Rockets will be able to build on Lin's marketability.
    "There is still a lot of interest in the Rockets in China, even without Yao," Ganis said. "This is clearly an effort to get a good player, but also capitalize on the in-roads that the team has already made with Chinese sponsors and the fans there."
    Reaction among fans closer to home was muted. While Lin's arrival was the talk of sports radio in Houston and generated a healthy dose of chatter on Twitter, the marquee at the Toyota Center mentioned only season-ticket packages for the Rockets, along with an Aerosmith concert and a WWE Smackdown.
    On the basketball front, general manager Daryl Morey still has work to do.

We all can write a conspiracy-theory about Jeremy Lin's free agency, b/c they all sound good...

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kidd Karma
    You can't sign 2 offer sheets. July 1, you can begin to talk with free agents, agree in principle, but nothing is official until July 11. Case in point, Billy King flew out to Las Vegas at the first possible moment to get DWill to sign. Lin and Rockets have a verbal agreement on July 5. July 11 comes and goes, no offer sheet sent to the Knicks, everyone starts to get impatient. Finally the weekend hits and Lin finally signs, a previously unreported agreement that had more guaranteed money. Nothing was signed/official until July 14-15.

Thank u
    I was wondering what sports announcer or newspaper mention Lin signing before July 14th.

Cool

anyone who believes lin wanted to be a knick... Smack yourself. Then ask yourself what part did lin play in this?

Did he search for offers? Yes, as a restricted free agent we can match any offer

did he get offers? Yes, and in order for us to match he must sign and we must match until the clock runs out (72 hrs from delivery)

could he have been a knick if he wanted? This is the tricky part. Reports say yes we wanted to match the orignal offer. Reports also show how we presented kidd with an opportunity to teach lin. We got kidd. We reported our intentions. Lin knew our intentions.

Now what's the only way this deal doesn't get done?

Lin, knowing our intentions to match, flew to vegas and got another offer... For a different amount. An amount that equates to 54mil in total. An amount that matches lbj, durant and others in his 5th year.

Could lin have not signed that yet told us, perhaps negotiated? Yes

he did the only thing he could do to f*ck this up.

Don't try any excuses. He's an econ major from harvard.

My instincts say he didn't want it. He couldn't handle it. It was settling in, and he knows he can't handle it.

This is not about money. Subtract and find the difference between the 2 deals and tell me that was the selling point.

Please.

I don't want anyone, i repeat anyone who doesn't want the knicks.

F*ck this n!gga

we will make it a priority to sh*t on houston this year. Good luck, he could have had an opportunity to play with perenial all-stars. To be "linsanity".

But just as what happened under fire in mia, this coward shrivled.

Btw...

Way to go Dolan.

NO PLAYER IS BIGGER THAN THE TEAM. NO PLAYER.

See Belichick.

Originally Posted by Red
    anyone who believes lin wanted to be a knick... Smack yourself. Then ask yourself what part did lin play in this?

Did he search for offers? Yes, as a restricted free agent we can match any offer

did he get offers? Yes, and in order for us to match he must sign and we must match until the clock runs out (72 hrs from delivery)

could he have been a knick if he wanted? This is the tricky part. Reports say yes we wanted to match the orignal offer. Reports also show how we presented kidd with an opportunity to teach lin. We got kidd. We reported our intentions. Lin knew our intentions.

Now what's the only way this deal doesn't get done?

Lin, knowing our intentions to match, flew to vegas and got another offer... For a different amount. An amount that equates to 54mil in total. An amount that matches lbj, durant and others in his 5th year.

Could lin have not signed that yet told us, perhaps negotiated? Yes

he did the only thing he could do to f*ck this up.

Don't try any excuses. He's an econ major from harvard.

My instincts say he didn't want it. He couldn't handle it. It was settling in, and he knows he can't handle it.

This is not about money. Subtract and find the difference between the 2 deals and tell me that was the selling point.

Please.

I don't want anyone, i repeat anyone who doesn't want the knicks.

F*ck this n!gga

we will make it a priority to sh*t on houston this year. Good luck, he could have had an opportunity to play with perenial all-stars. To be "linsanity".

But just as what happened under fire in mia, this coward shrivled.

Bigger font size = the truth!!!

Originally Posted by Red
    Btw...

Way to go Dolan.

NO PLAYER IS BIGGER THAN THE TEAM. NO PLAYER.

See Belichick.
    However, in the case of the NY Knicks, the owner is bigger than the team.
    way to go Dolan, fat f*ckface!

I don't care who is to blame, that can be argued all day, We also will never know how well Lin would have played if he had decided to sign here.

What we do know is that Dolan completely failed by giving Lin up for nothing....

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    So I get an infraction for nothing, but you and Crazy get to tee-off on me, call me names because I was right and the KNICKS let your boy walk. And who is the baby??? And who is emotional??? and who has no SENSE??? Look in the mirror and stop yourself....(and resorting to name calling means you ran out of anything sensible to say and I win
    hey stupid. NOW I'm calling you names. I was responding to 2 different quotes, one from you, where I took back what i said, and the other one about Jim Dolan, the stupid f*cking owner. just because you're both named Jim doesn't mean I was dissing you, but you're so dumb you couldn't see that.

and I didn't give you an infraction, i don't know who did, you're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to argue with you. if you think you won, whatever that means, good for you. you're a d*ck. btw, peace.

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    hey stupid. NOW I'm calling you names. I was responding to 2 different quotes, one from you, where I took back what i said, and the other one about Jim Dolan, the stupid f*cking owner. just because you're both named Jim doesn't mean I was dissing you, but you're so dumb you couldn't see that.

and I didn't give you an infraction, i don't know who did, you're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to argue with you. if you think you won, whatever that means, good for you. you're a d*ck. btw, peace.
    He got an infraction for being a provocative, racist person. Doesn't mean sh!t really, but Jim will no doubt cry hate crime.

To all those who think Lin didn't want to play for the Knicks, you're wrong.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If he had it his way, Jeremy Lin says he'd still be with the New York Knicks.

But Lin woke up Wednesday morning as a member of the Houston Rockets after the Knicks declined to match Houston's three-year, $25.1 million offer sheet.

"Honestly, I preferred New York," Lin told Sports Illustrated. "But my main goal in free agency was to go to a team that had plans for me and wanted me. I wanted to have fun playing basketball. ... Now I'm definitely relieved."

Lin's comments shed light on the Knicks decision not to match his offer from Houston and the process that led to it.

A team source told ESPNNewYork.com earlier this week that the third year of the Rockets' offer -- worth $14.8 million -- caused the Knicks to consider letting Lin go. If the Knicks matched the offer, they would have been subject to a luxury tax in the third year, potentially bringing their total out-of-pocket cost for Lin to about $43 million in 2014-15.

The Rockets' offer to Lin will pay him $5 million in the first year, $5.225 million in the second and $14.8 million in the third, according to sources.

Lin told Sports Illustrated that he'd never considered the idea that the Knicks wouldn't match his offer until the team traded for point guard Raymond Felton last Saturday, confirming what a source told ESPNNewYork.com on Tuesday.

Lin had been given several assurances that he'd be back in New York prior to the Felton trade.

In late June, the 23-year-old had dinner with Knicks coach Mike Woodson in Los Angeles to talk about his future with the club.

"Woodson was saying, 'You're going to be a starter, you're going to be a big part of the team,'" Lin said. "I came away really excited."

"Felton's signing was the first time when I thought, 'Oh, wow, I might not be a Knick,'" Lin added.

That became a reality late Tuesday night, when the Knicks officially announced that they'd be letting Lin walk, confirming what ESPN's Stephen A. Smith had reported over the weekend that New York had no plans to match the offer.

Shortly after the Knicks announced their decision, Lin tweeted, "Much love and thankfulness to the Knicks and New York for your support this past year...easily the best year of my life#ForeverGrateful."

"Extremely excited and honored to be a Houston Rocket again!!#RedNation," Lin added in another tweet.

The Knicks stated publicly after the season that they had every intention of bringing Lin back.

But New York's thinking changed when Lin signed his final offer sheet with Houston.

Original reports stated that the Rockets' offer to Lin was for four years and $28.8 million, with the third and fourth years for $9.3 million each.

But New York balked at the final offer sheet, which was heavily backloaded in the third season.

With Lin out, the Knicks will turn to Felton at point guard. Jason Kidd, 39, will serve as Felton's backup.

As for Lin, he joins a Rockets team that finished in ninth place in the Western Conference last year and underwent a major overhaul in the offseason. Houston is said to be interested in obtaining Dwight Howard from the Orlando Magic.

Sports Illustrated reports that Lin is "happy" with his new employer, even though the Rockets had cut him before this past season. A source close to Lin told ESPNNewYork.com late Tuesday that he was "warming up" to the idea of playing for the Rockets.

The Knicks' decision to cut ties with Lin ends his brief but unforgettable run in New York.

The 23-year-old averaged 14.6 points, 6.2 assists and 3.1 rebounds in 35 games with 25 starts before his season was cut short because of surgery to repair torn cartilage in his knee.

Lin tried to rejoin the Knicks during the playoffs, but wasn't able to play. He declared himself "85 percent" healthy before Game 5 of the Knicks-Heat series but did not suit up. According to a team source, that caused friction in the locker room.

"Other guys were hurt, playing at less than 85 percent, so some of them didn't like that," said the source.

Lin addressed the injury and the surrounding circumstances with Sports Illustrated.

"Every single vet on our team that has been in the league longer than five years pulled me aside and told me that I shouldn't play," Lin said. "And I had arguments with them about why I should."

Sports Illustrated also reports that Lin clarified his "85 percent" comment. According to the magazine, Lin claims that he was 15 percent from the "absolute minimum threshold to play."

"People think it was easy for me to sit there and watch us lose, like I had nothing to do with the season," Lin said. "I was dying to play. I didn't miss a game due to injury in seven years until this past season, and people are acting like I wouldn't want to play in the playoffs? Of the NBA? In my first season?"

Lin also said that Dolan, the Knicks owner, supported his decision.

"I have plans for you in the future," Lin remembers Dolan saying, according to SI. "This is a long-term investment. Don't rush back."

In the 35 games he was healthy, Lin went from an end-of-the-bench afterthought to an international phenomenon.

The undrafted guard out of Harvard, who was also cut by the Warriors in the preseason and played in the D-League, set the league on fire in February, leading the Knicks to seven consecutive wins. He scored at least 20 points in nine of 10 games during that stretch.

Lin, a restricted free agent who made $788,000 last season, expressed to SI his appreciation for Knicks fans during his incredible run last year.

"I love the New York fans to death," Lin said. "That's the biggest reason why I wanted to return to New York. The way they embraced me, the way they supported us this past season, was better than anything I've ever seen or experienced. I'll go to my grave saying that. What New York did for me was unbelievable. I wanted to play in front of those fans for the rest of my career."

business decision:
    let go of an international phenomenon earning millions of dollars in few short weeks for nothing.
    -bad.

basketball decision:
    let go of a 23 year old point guard with all the potential in the world for nothing in return
    -bad.

what are the excuses?
    1) too much to pay?
    -please - and that's coming from an organization that put themselves in hole for loading up on the likes of Eddy Curry and Jerome James?
    Not to mention that the contract could have been traded away if needed be.

2) pissed off the owner?
    -please - so intelligent decisions are supposed to be based on that?

Houston's FO just outsmarted everyone in this.

Lin will be an All Star simply because he is an internationally popular player who can actually score and dish enough to put up good numbers in the league - not to mention again how young he is.

...Well hey, then again we're talking about DOlan's Knicks.
    Now you wonder why LeBron would stay the **** away from Dolan owned Knicks.

Veteran

Originally Posted by CoolClyde

Whatever dude you and Crazy 8's are both pissed at me from the thread rady locked up. Maybe two of us told y'all the KNICKS should walk LIn because it made no sense to keep him for that money. Now that it happened, you are even more pissed so you are now abusing your little new found power. Sucks to be wrong don't it???? Now you call me names and when I call you on it's like:"oh I was talking about the other jim, btw your stupid". Whatever. This is an open forum being viewed by everyone.