Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 124 of 140 FirstFirst ... 7494104118119120121122123124125126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Jared Jeffries: 7/15 - Robin Lundberg Show ESPN
    Jared Jeffries explains why Lin won't return to Knicks and how enjoyable it was to play in New York.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by novaman
    Sorry but you are wrong here. Jeremy Lin came out of this a big winner. He has a Huge contract, the opportunity to start on a team that WANTS him, and he won't have to play with Melo.

Mark my words. In a few years this will prove to be a horrible horrible move by Dolan.
    Im saying he lost in terms of not playing where he originally wanted to be (of course he won contract wise but i don't think he pictured himself anywhere else but playing for the Knicks and for of us the fans, so in a sense yes he lost too)

And P.S This is not the first time Dolan has done dumb **** get used it, its been going on now for 12 years, nothing is going to change

Originally Posted by novaman
    Sorry but you are wrong here. Jeremy Lin came out of this a big winner. He has a Huge contract, the opportunity to start on a team that WANTS him, and he won't have to play with Melo.

Mark my words. In a few years this will prove to be a horrible horrible move by Dolan.
    I think Lin lost out on a chance to build himself an awesome legacy in NY. He could easily have gone down in history as a NY sports legend had he stayed and realized his full potential. He most definitely lost out on a ton of international marketing oops as well.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

i know its late but i wouldnt have matched the deal either. Everyone talking like were retarded for not matching, but at the end of the day he's shown us only a small sample(25-30 games). So im not prepared to pay 30 mil for that. He didnt play in the playoffs with reports circulating that he was at 85% watching him in that game vs miami he was horrible and looked scared. theres too many question marks surrounding him to pay him. The isiah thing to do would be to match but thankfully we dont have isiah. Now i think we'll see it even more, with lin practically alone in Houston you'll see him get zeroed in on more and that will cause him tons of problems unless he makes a drastic improvement. I always saw him as a good starter at best and i honestly think we replaced lin with a good PG in Felton. i lost plenty of respect for lin when he reworked the agreed upon offer and signed a more difficult one for us to match, i dont blame him for getting his money but i did lose respect.

Default Official Jeremy Lin Thread is Now

Attn: KO Posters

Now that Jeremy Lin is no longer a NY Knickerbocker, we are in the process of moving Lin-related threads into this Official Jeremy Lin Thread; in an effort to clean up the site, PLEASE keep all thoughts, posts and threads re JLin within.

thanks,
    CoolClyde Modulator

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    Attn: KO Posters

Now that Jeremy Lin is no longer a NY Knickerbocker, we are in the process of moving Lin-related threads into this Official Jeremy Lin Thread; in an effort to clean up the site, PLEASE keep all thoughts, posts and threads re JLin within.

thanks,
    CoolClyde Modulator
    Nice one, CoolC! Sh*t's gotta stop for sure. Don't even bother leaving redirects for threads either. Or leave an expiring one that cleans up after 2-3 days. Also, remember to watch this: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS

Man, are you dedicated to your cause! I'm impressed by
    your graphics, by the way.

The following statement isn't just for your eyes, it's
    for all the folks on this forum who felt/feel the need to
    "argue" with and "criticize" the folks who are diehard Lin
    fans. Pssst: This thread is called the, Official Jeremy Lin Thread,
    for a good reason. I suggest if you're all sick of reading
    Jeremy Lin comments (or any other player in the future),
    then stay away from the thread.

One of my favorite acronyms: K.I.S.S.

Have a good night, gentlemen.
    Keep the faith, NY Knicks!

"Negative thinking destroys your brain cells.........."

Superstar

Default Lin again

The dust has settled and I have a final thought about Lin. I saw a recent article, emanating from Houston, with quotes from the Houston front office.

There was plainly an original offer which included a team option year in the fourth year and just under $10M in the third year. It appeared rather clear that the Knicks would match. The Knicks then went out and signed Kidd and Camby to contracts that extended into that third year.

The first offer was apparently not "formalized," but that does not mean that it was not binding on the two parties -- Lin and the Rockets -- if one of them wanted to enforce it. There was at least a verbal "offer" and a verbal "acceptance."

Most jurisdictions have a legal doctrine known as the "statute of frauds" which applies to certain purely "verbal" contracts. The formation of the Lin - Houston original offer/agreement would probably be covered under the law of Texas.

The Texas statute of frauds provides that an agreement that is not to be fully performed within one year of the date of agreement is not enforceable against a party unless the agreement, or a memorandum of it, is in writing and signed by the party to be charged. These things do not necessarily require "inked" signatures and I doubt that the offer from Houston was not memorialized in some binding form or another.

The parties, of course, could, by another agreement, change the terms. Certainly, however, for public relations and other reasons, Houston could not renege on the original offer. Nor, for the same reasons could Lin, if another team came in with a better offer.

What follows from this is that Lin could have insisted that Houston honor its first offer. He would not lose that offer, though he would lose the extra $5M in the third year of the new offer. Lin and his agents had to know that the third year of the new offer, worth an additional $5M to Lin, would cost the Knicks because of luxury tax consequences something north of $20M.

Five million dollars is substantial, but success in the New York market would certainly have made that up in short time. Lin's decision to take $5M at a cost to the Knicks of likely more than $20M had to tick off the Knicks' front office.

It is my understanding that Lin signed the new offer without even notifying the Knicks first. I do not think Lin would have done it this way unless he wanted Houston where he can be the alpha male. The Knicks are, of course, Melo's team and Melo is the Knicks' alpha male.

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    The dust has settled and I have a final thought about Lin. I saw a recent article, emanating from Houston, with quotes from the Houston front office.

There was plainly an original offer which included a team option year in the fourth year and just under $10M in the third year. It appeared rather clear that the Knicks would match. The Knicks then went out and signed Kidd and Camby to contracts that extended into that third year.

The first offer was apparently not "formalized," but that does not mean that it was not binding on the two parties -- Lin and the Rockets -- if one of them wanted to enforce it. There was at least a verbal "offer" and a verbal "acceptance."

Most jurisdictions have a legal doctrine known as the "statute of frauds" which applies to certain purely "verbal" contracts. The formation of the Lin - Houston original offer/agreement would probably be covered under the law of Texas.

The Texas statute of frauds provides that an agreement that is not to be fully performed within one year of the date of agreement is not enforceable against a party unless the agreement, or a memorandum of it, is in writing and signed by the party to be charged. These things do not necessarily require "inked" signatures and I doubt that the offer from Houston was not memorialized in some binding form or another.

The parties, of course, could, by another agreement, change the terms. Certainly, however, for public relations and other reasons, Houston could not renege on the original offer. Nor, for the same reasons could Lin, if another team came in with a better offer.

What follows from this is that Lin could have insisted that Houston honor its first offer. He would not lose that offer, though he would lose the extra $5M in the third year of the new offer. Lin and his agents had to know that the third year of the new offer, worth an additional $5M to Lin, would cost the Knicks because of luxury tax consequences something north of $20M.

Five million dollars is substantial, but success in the New York market would certainly have made that up in short time. Lin's decision to take $5M at a cost to the Knicks of likely more than $20M had to tick off the Knicks' front office.

It is my understanding that Lin signed the new offer without even notifying the Knicks first. I do not think Lin would have done it this way unless he wanted Houston where he can be the alpha male. The Knicks are, of course, Melo's team and Melo is the Knicks' alpha male.
    You make several excellent points but why would the FO leak they would match up to a billion dollars? why would they ask him to access his market value?

Knicks were trying to bring him back on the cheap, by front loading the offer of 5-5-3 in the final year, but nothing was definite they were just floating it around, Do you consider that fair value? Jeremy has stated that his agents contacted the FO prior to the last offer sheet signed. They knew how much it was and told him to sign it anyway. Grunwald was set to match but got overruled by Dolan.

For you, you know who you are.

"Well, I think Jeremy Lin is a good player. He's going to have more success.
    Tebow is a good kid, but he's honestly going there to be the backup.
    Jeremy Lin is going there to be the starting point guard, and he did some
    incredible stuff. I want to see him do well. That's one of the greatest stories
    I've ever seen, to be honest with you, as long as I've been involved with the NBA."

~Charles Barkley

Originally Posted by Newbie
    For you, you know who you are.

"Well, I think Jeremy Lin is a good player. He's going to have more success.
    Tebow is a good kid, but he's honestly going there to be the backup.
    Jeremy Lin is going there to be the starting point guard, and he did some
    incredible stuff. I want to see him do well. That's one of the greatest stories
    I've ever seen, to be honest with you, as long as I've been involved with the NBA."

~Charles Barkley

Thumbs up Post of the offseason.

Wow. Just wow. I have wow all over my face right now.

All subsequent posts are meaningless. Now we can all get over it! Hooray!

Thank you, OT, for putting this situation to bed. You are the juggernaut poster on this site. Damn that was good.

"Of course, the only official offer would be the one the Rockets actually presented to Lin (and to the Knicks, if Lin signed the offer sheet), and that one had not yet been finalized. Houston, whether spurred on by Woodson's comments or not, eventually offered Lin the maximum that it could in a three-year deal, giving him $14.9 million in the final year to bring the total to $25.1 million. Lin signed the offer sheet on July 13.

While Lin's reps didn't have to call the Knicks, they telephoned Knicks GM Glen Grunwald to tell him about the offer. After sharing the numbers with Grunwald, they asked him for a reaction. According to a source, Grunwald said the Knicks had three days to match and he'd let them know once they got the offer."

Default boldtimer

...It is my understanding that Lin signed the new offer without even notifying the Knicks first. I do not think Lin would have done it this way unless he wanted Houston where he can be the alpha male. The Knicks are, of course, Melo's team and Melo is the Knicks' alpha male.

quite possibly post of the year. if I bothered to vote on those damn KO awards, Oldtimer would
    get my vote for something, just don't know what, probably the Oldtimer award. every post
    intelligent and informative.

thanks Oldtimer! your two cents make a whole lotta sense.

Default Grunwald refused to answer hotel room door

Talk about Lin-gering over a decision. The Rockets had so much trouble [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] that they had to ask the NBA for assistance, according to the Houston Chronicle.
    The Knicks ultimately decided [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. But that was after Grunwald “refused to answer the door to his room at the Mandarin Oriental or come to the front desk to accept the offer sheet,” the Chronicle reported.

our GM is a stand up guy. great decision by Dolan to make him perm.