Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 130 of 140 FirstFirst ... 80100110124125126127128129130131132133134135136 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Default "Eddie Vedder" sings "Jeremy Lin"

Jimmy Fallon as Eddie Vedder - Ode to Jeremy Lin-sanity

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I'm obviously mad late on this, but I wish the kid well.
    I hold NO remorse towards Jeremy, wish he was here, but wish your ass away.

He gave us what we needed at the right time('asstoni era) in order to get some Wins.

But this is now, we are here, embrace our boys...don't blame the kid. He did what ANY player SHOULD have done in his situation...CASH IN.

If anything, curse that bitch Morey who did a number on our FO by reworking the contract AFTER we boldly claimed we'd match anything.
    /thread

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    I can't believe this thread is gonna make 2,000 posts. Surely the future is more topical than a Rockets player by now?
    It's already the biggest thread here at KO, kinda ironic if you think about it

Originally Posted by rady
    It's already the biggest thread here at KO, kinda ironic if you think about it
    not really, 90% of ppl here have the attention span of a retarded hamster, so it's expected that they lose focus after a couple posts and have to start a new thread

why are people still voting on the poll after the fact?

Jeremy Lin tweeted Carmelo after he signed with Houston, here's the tweet:
    "signed with Rockets, thanks for your support, good luck with your fat ridicul-ass"

prediction: Jeremy Lin's presence in Houston will boost the China market to such a degree,
    that when he eventually stinks up the Toyota Center in Houston, he'll end up playing in China,
    maybe even with Starbelly!

no hard feeling Jemmy-Lin!

Superstar

I think Im officially over the Linsanity. While I was furious at first, honestly this is probably for the best. If it didn't work out then we would have been screwed.

Personally I think he has the potential to live up to that contract and more, but he has to be the leader of the offense. With Carmelo it wouldn't happen, and shouldn't because Carmelo is clearly way way better than him.

The only thing that Im still upset about is not that he is gone but that the replacement is crap. Felton stinks. His shooting percentage stinks and he is mentally weak. But hopefully it is only for this year, and maybe next year we can pull a sign and trade or something for a better PG like Brandon Jennings or ANYONE other than felton, I would have preferred.

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    this is probably for the best. If it didn't work out then we would have been screwed.
    Screwed how? Melo's feelings would be hurt forever?

LMAO this guy is a real douche but he's sarcastic as hell and I love it

@FisolaNYDN Just spotted new Knicks point guard Pablo Prigioni marching with Argentina. And yes, he looks better than 85 percent

I can't believe this thread is gonna make 2,000 posts. Surely the future is more topical than a Rockets player by now?

The make and break season awaits, gents. Jeremy Lin Jeremy f'ing Schmin. I'd prefer to talk about James White and the fact that Mike Woodson's mouth looks suspiciously like something else.

Jeremy Lin is hot balls, we will never forget!

And don't call me Shirley!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

The make and break season awaits, gents. Jeremy Lin Jeremy f'ing Schmin. I'd prefer to talk about James White and the fact that Mike Woodson's mouth looks suspiciously like something else.

Ewww!! (About Woodson's mouth comment!)

Hey, you (and the others who are shocked about the number
    of posts in this thread) have been pretty darn generous about
    adding to the total. So, thank you, thank you for keeping this
    thread, and Jeremy Lin's memory alive.

~~~~~~~

P.S. Unless they were meant to be sarcastic, some of your
    responses were very sweet. ♥♥♥

I've decided I can't stay away forever, so I'll drop in now and
    then after visiting the Rocket's forum.

P.S.S. I hope you found your sense of humour, Mr. Metrocard!
    If you read this, I guess I was able to make you stop scrolling.

Superstar

Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    Screwed how? Melo's feelings would be hurt forever?

We would be screwed in terms of his contract. If Lin fell off completely or didn't play up to what we wanted out of him then what? We would be pretty much stuck with his contract and not be able to do much else to make a move for a point guard. Felton's contract makes him more flexable and gives us more breathing room. Has nothing to do with carmelo

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    We would be screwed in terms of his contract. If Lin fell off completely or didn't play up to what we wanted out of him then what? We would be pretty much stuck with his contract and not be able to do much else to make a move for a point guard. Felton's contract makes him more flexable and gives us more breathing room. Has nothing to do with carmelo
    That's not being screwed at all, because the Knicks are already maxed out on the cap. His contract would not prevent a single other player from being signed or hurt any other contract. At worst if he were cut, it would just cost MSG Sports / Jim Dolan and nothing else.

Just FYI, in case someone brings it up again, the argument about MSG stock dropping because is now moot. MSG stock yesterday (07/27) closed at $36.06 and is slowly trending upwards again.

I only bring this up because some of us, including me in a couple of my posts, brought the point up, erroneously, that the luxury tax from matching the Rocket's offer was offset by the money lost from MSG stock price dropping.

The market fluctuates constantly and it doesn't make sense on a one or two week period to judge the overall health of a company. What can be argued is the potential revenue from Lin merchandise and advertising could have offset the luxury tax.

In addition, the fact that he cost the Knicks 0 dollars in terms of cap space and could have been traded before the 3rd year, still inclines me towards wanting to keep him.

What's done is done but I just wanted to share this since people are still having this debate over whether it was the right decision.

Originally Posted by Newbie
    Ewww!! (About Woodson's mouth comment!)

P.S. Unless they were meant to be sarcastic, some of your
    responses were very sweet. ♥♥♥
    Not a hint of sarcasm, my dear! There'd not be one poster who wouldn't prefer to have you around. Count on that.

Superstar

Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    That's not being screwed at all, because the Knicks are already maxed out on the cap. His contract would not prevent a single other player from being signed or hurt any other contract. At worst if he were cut, it would just cost MSG Sports / Jim Dolan and nothing else.
    What costs dolan money is what costs us as well. He doesn't want to pay the luxary tax that is fairly clear imo. So going over that doesn't seem like it would be an option.