View Poll Results: What to do with Lin?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

    16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

    27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

    13 23.21%
Page 139 of 140 FirstFirst ... 89109119133134135136137138139140 LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

  1. #2071
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,493
    Rep Power
    20

    Default


  2. #2072
    Member tkrieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The way the Rockets' organization has been handling Jeremy Lin, it's getting to the point where I might end up hating that organization...... Lin is in the process of being destroyed as an NBA player.

    They have a coaching staff that cannot figure out that the offense stalls because nobody on that team sets decent screens. (This was never a problem with the Knicks.) They're oblivious to matchups. And tend to bench players for reasons that are beyond me. After finding out that the team's previous point guard (Kyle Lowry) wanted out as well, this is a meltdown about to happen.

    Heck, the Rockets' message board doesn't even tolerate critical opinion.... The whole culture over there is F---ed............

    In retrospect, I wish Lin stayed with the Knicks. Even if he fizzled and ended up on the bench like he did in Houston. (Although I don't think this would have happened if he stayed with the Knicks.) By the same token, I'm happy for Raymond Felton.

    Kudos to the Knicks........ This might be the turnaround season everybody was looking for.

  3. #2073
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    I'm sure Lin would have done well with the Rockets, until they decided to trade for James Harden. Harden is way better at pretty much everything than Lin thus he has the ball in his hands most of the time. Lin is obsolete on that team. They need a scoring PG with range on that team, not a penetrate and dish only PG.

    Lin's shooting got totally exposed.

  4. #2074
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by LINvincible
    So when he struggles in pre-season, you fellas bash him.

    After 3 REGULAR SEASON games:

    15.3 points
    7.3 assists
    5.7 rebounds
    2.3 steals
    3.3 T/O
    After 18 games

    33 minutes
    10 points
    6 assists
    3 turnovers
    37% FG
    24% 3PT

    sup bro?

  5. #2075
    Veteran LeFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    3,662
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by LINvincible
    So when he struggles in pre-season, you fellas bash him.

    After 3 REGULAR SEASON games:

    15.3 points
    7.3 assists
    5.7 rebounds
    2.3 steals
    3.3 T/O
    Not me, I bashed him during the peak of linsanity. I hate to say I told you so, but.......TOLD YOU SO

  6. #2076
    Member wian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    370
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    He got 38 points and 7 assists today which was a great effort....

  7. #2077
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by wian
    He got 38 points and 7 assists today which was a great effort....
    his =/- stat for the game was negative 4......
    its all about winning not points scored....
    I wish Lin the best but the Knicks clearly made the correct choice...

  8. #2078
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    his =/- stat for the game was negative 4......
    its all about winning not points scored....
    I wish Lin the best but the Knicks clearly made the correct choice...
    Well for the fans it was completely the wrong choice, because his salary would have zero impact on the salary cap space and only an impact on MSG Inc. & Dolan's extra profits. Tickets prices didn't go down, right? Felton & Kidd are better but there's no reason Lin couldn't be on the team too except Dolan didn't want to pay (even though Asian endorsements would have made up for it)

    As for being good without him, yeah they are. Lin played better without Melo, but we can't be without Melo. Just look at him last night he got 38 without Harden. He gets pushed aside by the stars, he needs to be on team that can use him effectively

  9. #2079
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    Well for the fans it was completely the wrong choice, because his salary would have zero impact on the salary cap space and only an impact on MSG Inc. & Dolan's extra profits. Tickets prices didn't go down, right? Felton & Kidd are better but there's no reason Lin couldn't be on the team too except Dolan didn't want to pay (even though Asian endorsements would have made up for it)

    As for being good without him, yeah they are. Lin played better without Melo, but we can't be without Melo. Just look at him last night he got 38 without Harden. He gets pushed aside by the stars, he needs to be on team that can use him effectively
    You're wrong. Felton, Kidd, and Prigioni are better, thus there is every reason why Lin couldn't make the team. Also which fans are you referring to when you say they believe it was completely the wrong choice? Are you claiming to speak on behalf of all the Knicks fans? Lin isn't making the playoffs this year. The Rockets bought into him after seeing him play in 20 games. He's not going anywhere, and neither are the Rockets.

  10. #2080
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    The fact he's only credited for 2 TO's shows that whoever was recording stats was being extremely generous. I watched this game and Lin lost the game for them with critical TO's down the stretch.

    Lin is not a bad player by any stretch of the imagination but anyone can put up 38 points in 40+ minutes when the ball is in their hands every possession.

  11. #2081
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by TakMan
    You're wrong. Felton, Kidd, and Prigioni are better, thus there is every reason why Lin couldn't make the team. Also which fans are you referring to when you say they believe it was completely the wrong choice? Are you claiming to speak on behalf of all the Knicks fans? Lin isn't making the playoffs this year. The Rockets bought into him after seeing him play in 20 games. He's not going anywhere, and neither are the Rockets.
    Priglioni better than Lin ??

  12. #2082
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    Priglioni better than Lin ??
    Considering he's got better decision making, a better shot, better defence, and a better eye for a pass, whilst simultaneously not choking under the pressure of good defensive teams, I'd say he's a better fit for the Knicks. Lin messed up the team's offence as we didn't circulate the ball anywhere near as well, and he consistently refused to involve most players in an offensive play. Additionally, he added very little on the defensive side of things. I believe the main reason Lin didn't play against miami in the playoffs was because he knew he would be exposed for what he really is (as he did in his first game between the two teams) thus risking losing out on some serious money during contract time. We are better without him, as the Rockets would be had they kept Dragic.

  13. #2083
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    The Rockets just put themselves in a horrible horrible place, really bad moves.

    Dragic is an excellent PG, borderline all star. Lin is questionable. Good PG yes, but he has a lot of improvement to do before being on Dragic level.

    His contract is horrible, and extremely hard to trade given the $15m third year salary. Is there really any team in the league desperate enough for a PG to trade for him?

    Honestly the Lakers are probably the only team that are in such a hole. It almost seems destined. Rockets could use a PG like Meeks who is a bit of a sharpshooter to play alongside Harden. Meeks/Douglas 24 minutes each combo guard play would be pretty nice fit for them.

    Bottom line is Harden is better than Lin at every single aspect of basketball.. Literally everything. So why would you ever want the ball in Lin's hands when he can't create his own shot if the offense breaks down.

    Is Harden the best/second best SG in the league?

  14. #2084
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,059
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    Is Harden the best/second best SG in the league?
    Definately not the best, Kobe > Harden.

  15. #2085
    Member tkrieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Definately not the best, Kobe > Harden.
    Kobe switched on Lin...... Just another easy basket for the Lakers' HOF'er...........


Similar Threads

  1. Was Jeremy Lin At 100% While With the Knicks??
    By tkrieger in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Oct 01, 2012, 07:53
  2. Replies: 55
    Last Post: Sep 10, 2012, 13:05
  3. New York Knicks @ Toronto Raptors Tuesday 2/14 7:00PM
    By AmareForPresident in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 403
    Last Post: Feb 16, 2012, 01:07
  4. The Rise of Jeremy Lin
    By Cakalusa in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 10, 2012, 16:17
  5. The Ups and Downs of the Jeremy Lin Experience
    By KBlack25 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 08, 2012, 11:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •