Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Lin is not worth the money Rockets are paying him. It's ridiculous. 25 starts and he is making more money than the #1 draftpick, are you kidding me? From D-league to superstar money in no time. A few good games under MDA and people go nuts. Lin will make 10 Million more than Anthony Davis the next three years. What a joke...

Definitely not but it's all about supply and demand. Kardasians say hi.

Besides, why are we even concerned about how much money Lin DOESN't DESERVE? From this fan's perspective, I want the best team on the floor and frankly, bringing Felton back as a starter isn't exactly what constitutes a great off-season move.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
This is why the trade happened

Jared Zwerling
‏@JaredZwerling

Melo & Chris Paul walked through media room here in Vegas & Melo said, referring to CP3, "You'll see him in NY in a couple years."(smiling).

I'm Asian and I don't see why some guys really want Lin back. He wants big money for just 25 games of good basketball? Come on. He's gonna make more money than LeBron made in his first 3 year in the NBA. You have got to be ****tin me! Hahaha. I say let him walk. Felton just has to get back into shape and do that P&R with Stat and we're all good. If Felton fails, just let Kidd do it. You can already see that Dolan is building the team only to contend for only 3 years.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
I dont see why many Knicks fans are so riled up about how much Lin is getting.

It doesnt matter if he is 1 mil/year or 15 mil/year, it has ZERO affect on our cap. The only difference is in Dolan's bank account. With this said, good for Lin and Novak that they will take Dolan to the laundry!

Keep in mind, this (and Novak) is A FREE SIGNING! It doesnt cost anything cap wise.

CoolClyde

It doesnt matter if he is 1 mil/year or 15 mil/year, it has ZERO affect on our cap. The only difference is in Dolan's bank account. With this said, good for Lin and Novak that they will take Dolan to the laundry!

Keep in mind, this (and Novak) is A FREE SIGNING! It doesnt cost anything cap wise.

f*ck yeah coocoo! the money that Knicks will be forced to pay in luxury tax hell can be made up in spades through Linsanity marketing. Dolan would be an idiot not to make it happen. now that Knicks have Felton, either Lin shines and the Knicks are a better team, or he doesn't, and Knicks still have 3 quality PG's to run the show. LIN LIN situation!!

BillyHoyle

Benchwarmer

It doesnt matter if he is 1 mil/year or 15 mil/year, it has ZERO effect on our cap. The only difference is in Dolan's bank account. With this said, good for Lin and Novak that they will take Dolan to the laundry!

Everyone needs to read this ^^^^^^^^^...now breath.....Now read it again...repeat

f*ck yeah coocoo! the money that Knicks will be forced to pay in luxury tax hell can be made up in spades through Linsanity marketing. Dolan would be an idiot not to make it happen. now that Knicks have Felton, either Lin shines and the Knicks are a better team, or he doesn't, and Knicks still have 3 quality PG's to run the show. LIN LIN situation!!

I agree, except there is one small problem. 40 million isn't chump change, the MSG/Tiime Warner deal has already gone through, and season ticket prices for 12-13 have already been set and sold. Now is the right time for Dolan to sell on Lin, swindle the fans, and line his own pockets. If anyone would do this, it would be Dolan.

Paul1355

All Star

but luxury tax penalties are aparently so absured that any owner would be scared of it....yet that view has holes because why would Prokorov or Dolan who are billlionaires really care about 50 mil or 100 mil a year?

Lin makes more money in marketing than Dolan will lose from paying luxury tax penalities.

Paul1355

All Star
Will Lin be resigned to be traded?

This idea has come up with many reporters on twitter.

What is the use of just letting an asset like Jeremy Lin walk?

Even the rockets got something for Lowry, even though it was peanuts, atleast they got peanuts.

For us to just lose a legit PG that has all the hype to be perfect trade bait is more baffling than anything.

Why not just resign Lin...pay him 5 mil and then use him in a trade with Amare?

We know Amare's contract is cancer, yet telling teams they have to take Amare with Lin...similar to the Magic's demands with Howard having to be pacakged with Turkoglu...would make sense for the Knicks to get out of cap hell.

See how Lin works out with the team and if he doesn't fit or if someone's role isn't working out...we trade them in January when we are allowed to trade newly signed free agents.

Thoughts?

IF we match.. he can't be traded until a certain amount of time passes to my knowledge. And theres no guarantee a package of Lin and Amare is enough to get rid of Amare.. Also lmao at this picture

grunfeldmorey.jpg

munco

Benchwarmer
Any reason to sign two PGs in the offseason unless Lin is gone?

Can anyone think of any reason why the Knicks would sign Kidd and Felton if they intend on signing Lin? I can't think of any reason why they would. I hate the move, but I think it's certain that the Knicks are bringing back Lin next year.

Aside from the skills he brings to the table, I can't believe the Knicks didn't think it'd be worth is financial. The kid had the #2 selling jersey last year and in terms of money he brings to a team he's probably top 5 or top 10 at least. I do not get this decision at all.

Edit:
The title of the thread should be "Any reason to add THREE PGs in the offseason unless Lin is gone?"

I forgot we also added Prigioni.

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
Maybe they just don't like how he fits in our new style

If FelTON gets back in top shape I'd be fine but come on 25 million after 25 starts, would you do it

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
but luxury tax penalties are aparently so absured that any owner would be scared of it....yet that view has holes because why would Prokorov or Dolan who are billlionaires really care about 50 mil or 100 mil a year?

Lin makes more money in marketing than Dolan will lose from paying luxury tax penalities.
Lin's situation is unique, which allowed Lin and Novak's contracts not counted against the cap. Even if Dolan wants to pay more in luxury tax by acquiring more star players, he can't. We dont have the cap space nor the other players' birds right.

Every player we acquire, we have to make a trade in equal or less value in cap...except vet min player or by using exceptions. Those can be made without trades.

Can anyone think of any reason why the Knicks would sign Kidd and Felton if they intend on signing Lin?

Because right now, the Knicks have no healthy shooting guards other than JR Smith, with Fields gone and Shump injured.

Kidd will now see more time as shooting guard, and Felton will then be primary back-up to Lin.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Makes sense to resign Lin

Can anyone think of any reason why the Knicks would sign Kidd and Felton if they intend on signing Lin? I can't think of any reason why they would. I hate the move, but I think it's certain that the Knicks are bringing back Lin next year.

Aside from the skills he brings to the table, I can't believe the Knicks didn't think it'd be worth is financial. The kid had the #2 selling jersey last year and in terms of money he brings to a team he's probably top 5 or top 10 at least. I do not get this decision at all.

I believe there is a lot of eveidence to support the notion that Lin would be resigned.

Look at it this way.

Knicks and Rockets are playing a game of chess right now.

Felton could have been a way to not only improve depth, but add a player that would be motivated to play in NY again and it is a way to screw the Rockets who would have gone after felton as their plan B.

So if we resign Lin, Rockets have NO PG option left...i cant name one legit starting PG that is a FA...they would have to trade for Calderon and give up assets.

Now there is an obvious log jam at the guard position, particullary PG. However many people including myself believe Jason Kidd can be a nice fit at teh 2 guard position. His outside shot has improved, he is not as fast as he was so he doesn't have to compete with the speed of most PG's, he is a tall PG that can guard shooting guards because he is 6'4, he averaged almost 2 steals a game last season and he would average the same amount or more guarding shooting guards that can't ball handle as well as PG's, He would compliment Jeremy Lin who is more of a scoring slashing guard. Lin drives, Kidd camps outside, simple and both have passing ability.

Lin can be QB but Kidd is offensive coordinator.

Felton and J.R smith would give the knicks one of the best back court benches in the NBA.

Felton
Smith
White
Novak
Camby

is a solid bench that can beat any other bench on both sides of the floor.

Now don't worry about Pablo Prigioni, he only signed a one year deal and rejected a 2 year deal because he wants to see what he is on the open market after this season, that was reported on twitter by some reporter.

So giving prigioni big minutes is not a concern. Give Kidd and Lin majority of minutes and have Felton and J.R fill in 18 or more mpg.

We basically have a solid 9 man rotation with Lin, Kidd, Melo, Amare, Chandler, Felton, Smith, Novak, and Camby

That makes us have great ball movement, great offense, defense, rebounding, and most of all DEPTH! Depth wins championships. Depth and star power....Miami would have never won the championship without Chalmers, Battier and Miller knocking down big shots and playing hard nosed defense.

Now when Shump comes back we will have a problem and that is when someone, either Lin or Felton will be traded for assets. Whoever doesn't fit come January 2013 will be moved.

Any objections?

munco

Benchwarmer
Maybe they just don't like how he fits in our new style

If FelTON gets back in top shape I'd be fine but come on 25 million after 25 starts, would you do it

Yeah, but Lin makes the Knicks a ton of money. Arguably he's the most popular player on the team. And finally Dolan is swimming in money. Felton in shape might be good again, but who knows. He was terrible last season.

Because right now, the Knicks have no healthy shooting guards, with Fields gone and Shump injured.

Kidd probably is going to the be starting shooting guard at the beginning of the season, with Lin starting at point. Felton would then back up both Kidd and Lin.

I get this point, but why wouldn't the Knicks just sign a traditional SG if that was there move? Also, we do have JR Smith coming back. I think if we were bringing Lin back we would've signed a SG and not two PGs.

With that said, I hope I'm wrong.