Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

Forrest17

Rotation player
I think Im officially over the Linsanity. While I was furious at first, honestly this is probably for the best. If it didn't work out then we would have been screwed.

Personally I think he has the potential to live up to that contract and more, but he has to be the leader of the offense. With Carmelo it wouldn't happen, and shouldn't because Carmelo is clearly way way better than him.

The only thing that Im still upset about is not that he is gone but that the replacement is crap. Felton stinks. His shooting percentage stinks and he is mentally weak. But hopefully it is only for this year, and maybe next year we can pull a sign and trade or something for a better PG like Brandon Jennings or ANYONE other than felton, I would have preferred.

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
this is probably for the best. If it didn't work out then we would have been screwed.
Screwed how? Melo's feelings would be hurt forever?

carmelo2-e1300363422326.jpg

crying%20baby_01.jpg

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
LMAO this guy is a real douche but he's sarcastic as hell and I love it

@FisolaNYDN Just spotted new Knicks point guard Pablo Prigioni marching with Argentina. And yes, he looks better than 85 percent

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;245389 said:
I can't believe this thread is gonna make 2,000 posts. Surely the future is more topical than a Rockets player by now?

The make and break season awaits, gents. Jeremy Lin Jeremy f'ing Schmin. I'd prefer to talk about James White and the fact that Mike Woodson's mouth looks suspiciously like something else.

208912_4059111711393_881741895_n.jpg

Jeremy Lin is hot balls, we will never forget!

And don't call me Shirley!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;245389 said:
I can't believe this thread is gonna make 2,000 posts. Surely the future is more topical than a Rockets player by now?

The make and break season awaits, gents. Jeremy Lin Jeremy f'ing Schmin. I'd prefer to talk about James White and the fact that Mike Woodson's mouth looks suspiciously like something else.

208912_4059111711393_881741895_n.jpg
Ewww!! (About Woodson's mouth comment!) :mrgreen:

Hey, you (and the others who are shocked about the number
of posts in this thread) have been pretty darn generous about
adding to the total. So, thank you, thank you for keeping this
thread, and Jeremy Lin's memory alive. :lol:

~~~~~~~
:thx:
P.S. Unless they were meant to be sarcastic, some of your
responses were very sweet. ♥♥♥

I've decided I can't stay away forever, so I'll drop in now and
then after visiting the Rocket's forum. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

P.S.S. I hope you found your sense of humour, Mr. Metrocard!
If you read this, I guess I was able to make you stop scrolling. :mrgreen:

Forrest17

Rotation player
Screwed how? Melo's feelings would be hurt forever?

carmelo2-e1300363422326.jpg

crying%20baby_01.jpg
We would be screwed in terms of his contract. If Lin fell off completely or didn't play up to what we wanted out of him then what? We would be pretty much stuck with his contract and not be able to do much else to make a move for a point guard. Felton's contract makes him more flexable and gives us more breathing room. Has nothing to do with carmelo

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
We would be screwed in terms of his contract. If Lin fell off completely or didn't play up to what we wanted out of him then what? We would be pretty much stuck with his contract and not be able to do much else to make a move for a point guard. Felton's contract makes him more flexable and gives us more breathing room. Has nothing to do with carmelo

That's not being screwed at all, because the Knicks are already maxed out on the cap. His contract would not prevent a single other player from being signed or hurt any other contract. At worst if he were cut, it would just cost MSG Sports / Jim Dolan and nothing else.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
Just FYI, in case someone brings it up again, the argument about MSG stock dropping because is now moot. MSG stock yesterday (07/27) closed at $36.06 and is slowly trending upwards again.

I only bring this up because some of us, including me in a couple of my posts, brought the point up, erroneously, that the luxury tax from matching the Rocket's offer was offset by the money lost from MSG stock price dropping.

The market fluctuates constantly and it doesn't make sense on a one or two week period to judge the overall health of a company. What can be argued is the potential revenue from Lin merchandise and advertising could have offset the luxury tax.

In addition, the fact that he cost the Knicks 0 dollars in terms of cap space and could have been traded before the 3rd year, still inclines me towards wanting to keep him.

What's done is done but I just wanted to share this since people are still having this debate over whether it was the right decision.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Ewww!! (About Woodson's mouth comment!) :mrgreen:

:thx:
P.S. Unless they were meant to be sarcastic, some of your
responses were very sweet. ♥♥♥

Not a hint of sarcasm, my dear! There'd not be one poster who wouldn't prefer to have you around. Count on that. :thumbsup:

Forrest17

Rotation player
That's not being screwed at all, because the Knicks are already maxed out on the cap. His contract would not prevent a single other player from being signed or hurt any other contract. At worst if he were cut, it would just cost MSG Sports / Jim Dolan and nothing else.

What costs dolan money is what costs us as well. He doesn't want to pay the luxary tax that is fairly clear imo. So going over that doesn't seem like it would be an option.

Benchwarmer
Barkley is a blubbering idiot. The next time he says something smart will be the first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rolling:

"I don't care what people think. People are stupid."
~Charles Barkley

Sent from my laptop using Internet Explorer.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
My reaction everytime I see a new post in this thread about a player on the Houston Rockets in the Knicks section.
c6dgpqf

The trainer wearing Knicks colors in that video is Knicks Assistant Coach Kenny Atkinson. He flew out to Cali to help Jeremy work on going left and his handles (not sure if it was Knicks-approved or on his own time, since JLin was a free agent and not with the Knicks during off-season). He was also the staff member Jeremy Lin bonded with the most, since he was instrumental in helping Jeremy prior to his Linsanity breakout. Kenny also dined with Jeremy in Houston during the free agency talks. Kenny was the former head of player development and assistant coach for the Rockets. I wonder if Kenny is considering following Jeremy back to Houston, or if he's staying with the Knicks.

tiger0330

Legend
The trainer wearing Knicks colors in that video is Knicks Assistant Coach Kenny Atkinson. He flew out to Cali to help Jeremy work on going left and his handles (not sure if it was Knicks-approved or on his own time, since JLin was a free agent and not with the Knicks during off-season). He was also the staff member Jeremy Lin bonded with the most, since he was instrumental in helping Jeremy prior to his Linsanity breakout. Kenny also dined with Jeremy in Houston during the free agency talks. Kenny was the former head of player development and assistant coach for the Rockets. I wonder if Kenny is considering following Jeremy back to Houston, or if he's staying with the Knicks.
I think this was when Lin went out to LA to work out with TC and Melo and had dinner with them and Woody. You can see some LA street signs like Century Blvd in the vid. What head coach did Atkinson work for in Houston, has to be JVG?

I can see why Lin went undrafted, he was really skinny coming out of college but has really put on some muscle with those workouts. He's put in the work to get his game at the level it is today.