• Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

Red

TYPE-A
65IIO.png

WHAT IT MEANS: The Knicks have been searching for a point guard to run Mike D'Antoni's offense all season. If Saturday night is any indication, it looks like they had one buried on the bench.

Jeremy Lin ran the Knicks offense with a cool efficiency and seemed to get to the basket at will against New Jersey, scoring 25 points and handing out seven assists in New York's win over their cross-river rivals.

The Knicks won for just the third time in the last 14 games and improved to 9-15.

THE GOOD: It was clear early on that Saturday night was Lin's night. Let's start from the top:

Lin entered the game with 3:35 to go in the first and the Knicks down six. After falling behind by as many as 12, the Knicks trailed by just two at the half, thanks largely to the 23-year-old guard. The former Harvard star finished the half with six points, three rebounds, four assists, one steal and one turnover in 15 minutes.

Lin continued to penetrate in the third, finding Tyson Chandler for an alley-oop midway through the quarter and converting a layup while getting fouled with three seconds to play. He hit the subsequent free throw to make it Nets 72, Knicks 70 heading into the fourth.

And he was just warming up. Lin had 12 points and two assists in the fourth. His biggest bucket might have come with 2:03 to play when he got by Deron Williams and down the lane for another layup. The basket gave the Knicks a 95-86 lead and caused the Garden to explode.

On the Knicks' next possession, Lin crossed up Williams again and converted a layup, giving him 25 points, a career-high. His previous high was 13. Lin, the NBA's second Asian-American player, also set career highs in assists and rebounds (five).

THIS KID HAD THE GAME OF HIS CAREER.

New York: J. Lin 25 Pts, 5 Reb, 7 Ast, 2 Stl

Startem'

Last edited:

elcol

Rotation player
he will go up against better defenses, but can only get better with time with his decision making and mid/3 jumpshot. he can only get better at penetrating( no homo) and FINISHING!

mafra

Legend
This is how you fill out a roster that's star-heavy. Find a cheap backup PG (Lin), to go with a wiley vet with something in his tanke (Davis, then nash). Sprinkle in young players who have roles to fill (Fields, Shumpert, Joorts).

Add pieces, like a sniper in JR Smith. A 6th man scoring spark (settle for TD & Walker now).

Get beef to help bang down low (Jeffries, Jordan) suffice for this season.

Going into playoffs against MIA in round-1:

Davis (Lin)
Smith (Shumpert)
Melo (Fields)
Amare (Joorts)
Chandler (Jeffries)

TD & BW via for time basedoon hotness.

metrocard

Legend
Jeremy Lin...is the Asian Starbury

6"3 200lbs, strong...

A penetrating passing PG? When was the last time we had someone like that? Yep, Steph.

Lin is strong, special...has high IQ.

We have dumb guards...sorry but Shumpert and Douglas are dumbasses...Lin is making the orchestrating the offense look like rocket science to Iman and Toney.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
i was killing lin the other day. i still think he has some weaknesses n teams may catch on to how to defend him. but damn, maybe dude can run this offense. maybe hes what we needed all along. god bless my knickerbockers. what a win! i was at the game tnite btw..

Lin sure did put all his doubters in place tonight.

Sometimes basketball isnt about who's stronger, faster or more athletic, but, about who's smarter and can process what they see quickly...

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Well he is from Harvard lol.

But I really hope Lin can keep this up. We can't get to excited over just one game because both Shump and Douglass have had fantastic games but have absolutely no offensive consistency.

Lin is obviously intelligent, has good speed, and has a surprising aggresive demeanour. Now he's got to work on his ball handling, jump shooting, and passing.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
i was killing lin the other day. i still think he has some weaknesses n teams may catch on to how to defend him. but damn, maybe dude can run this offense. maybe hes what we needed all along. god bless my knickerbockers. what a win! i was at the game tnite btw..
if Lin can develop a jumper and become consistent with it, and maybe a little floater there would be no stopping that man, he's not even at full speed sometimes when he's attacking the rim.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Lin for the WIN!

Easily the most enjoyable game I've watched since STAT's 30+ point run of 9 games.

He'll have a lot of expectations laid on him now, currently under the microscope, will have some bad games and will become fatigued.

Regarding his offensive game, his penetration is quick and well timed. Good shooting technique. Good anticipation and peripheral vision as a passer.

Defensively he's aggressive and at 6'3, 200 pounds has a good blend of size and quickness.

The only way is up for Jeremy Lin. He'll have problems with his ascension as a player - inevitable growing pains - but if he can maintain the level of energy he brings to the floor, every single player will benefit from playing alongside him as Knickerbockers.

Amazing game, and a great story.

ap-201202042008725081775.jpg

We're very lucky to have him.

I, and no doubt many others, will now go on and read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Lin

Red

TYPE-A
He keeps his dribble

Situational awareness

Knows where players are and how to get them the ball

Draws contact and still puts up a quality shot

Body control

Hustle

Commanded a bit

and played D

Like the other thread says the "Asian Starbury" :smokin:

Lucky! I bet your ears are hurting right now from all the noise.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Knicks board on realGM use to bash Lin so hard it was disgusting, they were so obsessed over shump, calling Lin a scrub saying he needs to be cut Now all of a sudden they love Lin smh