Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

KingCharles34

All Star
Time for KingStar to weigh in....honestly fellas im suffering from DepressLin. Im not gonna lie, i have no idea how good or great he can possibly be. Its tough to make a good prediction based off the small sample size, but theres enough facts that make me believe he has the potential to be a top 5 point guard. Hes the one guy that coulda saved us these next 3 years, like i said in another thread we basically know what were gonna get from every player on this team excluding Amare. Lin woulda been another x-factor in how far we go as a team

Im trying to get through this DepressLin and look forward to this current knicks team being a tough 2nd round team the next 3 years.

iSaYughh

Starter
pretty good post-Lin article from Daily News worth reading:

Madison Square Garden's spin is all on Jeremy Lin about making cents
Jimmy Dolan finds chorus to back up good-riddance tune

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...nts-article-1.1118202?localLinksEnabled=false

it all makes Jimmy Dolan sound very Republican

:beer: Talk about a slave-master mentality!

Dolan: "I'm a masturbater and master tactician! Don't offer Lin **** as far as an offer, having him his agent explore Free Agency."

Jimbo doesn't like that the kid who instilled tens of millions of dollars of value into his team overnight, is getting more money than he would have liked to pay, and got butthurt because his master negotiating plan went to **** and bit him in the ass.

So instead of manning up and paying Lin, he orchestrated a total ruse to try to save ego and face, and make this about "principle" and that Lin got greedy. :teeth:

Jimbo ****s his fans and franchise (again), thinking he is ****ing Lin. I don't even think he did this to hurt Lin, I think this happened because he wanted to protect his ego, after the Lin negotiations had SNAFU after SNAFU as a result of his instincts in letting Lin test FA to begin with, to play it cool and detatched with Lin during FA, and not muzzling or insta-reprimanding people like Woodson, JR, Melo. (though, to Woodson's credit, it wouldn't surprise me if Dolan told him to say that ****).

*Woodson shouldn't have publically said that the NYK would match any offer that would come up.

*Dolan should have offered Lin a ****ing contract that he likely woulda just signed to begin with.

*Dolan shoulda stayed on top of Lin while other franchises aggressively pursued him, after Dolan basically made it open season on Lin by telling him to test the market. (eg, the NYK were slow as **** and lagged behind other franchises from the minute Lin became a FA). And made it so Lin and his agent, naturally, became skittish.

*NYK players shouldn't breach otherwise ubreakable player code in talking to the media, in a negative light, about a fellow teammates contract negotiations.

So we're now taking insult that Lin's agent advised Lin to be cautious, got skittish, thought Dolan could **** him, and actually just did what Dolan forced them to do to begin with -- get the best offer you can.

The offer Lin ended up getting wasn't even a bad one for us to match; it actually makes a lot of sense, and we were LUCKY to even be in a positon to sign him as such. Smh! :barf:

This **** can be summed up nicely: you don't let a battle ensue, if you aren't ready to handle a little heat and turmoil and not act like a little bitch.

Dolan tried to be a big boy (again) and get his paws into **** (again), and encouraged Lin to explore FA, while playing hardball and letting the typical Dolan Circus do it's thing.

The circus came to town, and the circus master did his thing.

Uncle Robo

Benchwarmer
Qualifying offers are not real offers (to players that other teams value or want). They're just a formality to keep the restricted free agent status so the team can match.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The Knicks actually did extend a qualifying offer to Lin in June. If they hadn't done that he would have become an UNrestricted free agent & the Knicks would have lost their right to match any offer.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...ds-set-to-be-restricted-free-agents-1.3808148

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
pretty good post-Lin article from Daily News worth reading:

Madison Square Garden's spin is all on Jeremy Lin about making cents
Jimmy Dolan finds chorus to back up good-riddance tune

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...nts-article-1.1118202?localLinksEnabled=false

it all makes Jimmy Dolan sound very Republican

Dolan's PR team has managed to do a pretty good job of making it seem as if Jeremy Lin is the bad guy.

In reality, Lin is the guy who made the minimum NBA salary last year, Dolan is the billionaire trust fund baby junkie who inherited his father's billions and treats the Knicks as "the project daddy entrusted me with", and yet somehow Lin is the one who looks like the bad guy.

Lin's SI article did a lot to redeem him and anybody who reads it automatically knows that it is Dolan, not Lin, who screwed the other over, but of course, people don't read nowadays so whatever.

kinein

Benchwarmer
I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The Knicks actually did extend a qualifying offer to Lin in June. If they hadn't done that he would have become an UNrestricted free agent & the Knicks would have lost their right to match any offer.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...ds-set-to-be-restricted-free-agents-1.3808148

What happened when the Knicks refused to tender a formal offer was they then told him to go find his market value by obtaining a contract. This made Jeremy Lin a Restricted Free Agent.

He was not going to become a UNrestricted free agent.

I was really trying to ignore your posts til I got tired of your mis-information.
* I know it is not necessarily that you had ill intentions but you need to do more research and get multiple sources before you attempt to state things as truth.
* Knicks could have offered Lin a 4 year 24million contract and not told Lin to find his value on the Market
* Houston could have offered 40 million dollars and thought about it - but they chose to go with 3/25mil

Your source: NEWSDAY
Is OWNED by: Cablevision
Which is OWNED by : DOLAN
* If you aren't aware that Dolan is a billionaire and PR campaigns are always on-going, especially after the Knicks went and signed, Kidd, Felton, Prigioni, Camby, Thomas, Copeland, White, and resigned JR Smith and Steve Novak - before meeting exclusively to discuss Lin - try actually going back and analyzing everything the Knicks HAD been doing for weeks and weeks.

Anyways the links - articles, podcasts, videos ~ will fully clarify everything so you have an ACCURATE picture of how it all went down along with discussion via podcast.

6 Part Article Following the Story released by ESPN after SI Breaking Story.
Chapter 1: The family followed by Chapters 2 3 4 5 6.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8180308/nba-jeremy-lin-six-degrees-separation-family

Jeremy Lin Speaks
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/basketball/nba/07/18/jeremy-lin-exclusive/index.html

Michael Kay Show - w/ Pablo Torre
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8178328

Hill & Schlereth Podcast w/ Pablo Torre
* Fast Forward to 1:00

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8179395&s=espn

Colin Cowherd - The Herd on ESPN w/ Pablo Torre
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8180533

Jared Max - Maxed Out in the Morning along with Robin Lundberg
What is the biggest reason Jeremy Lin is not a Knick? Was it all Lin? Or did the Knicks mess this one up? Robin Lundberg joins the show to debate.
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=8179737

Conversation w/ Rachel Nichols 7/19/2012
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8182384

The Jeremy Lin Debate No One Wants to Have
http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-q/2012/07/the-jeremy-lin-debate-no-one-wants-to-have.html#ixzz218KsAf3C

Knicks have a nice revamped roster and lineup - looking forward to next season.

Last edited:

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Wow, now you're blaming Melo for running Lin out of town? Lol. Come on dude.

You talk about the Knicks front office only having contact with Lin once in the entire off season. Was there something wrong with Lin's phone? Or did he lose it in Landry's couch cushions? ;)

If he wanted to be a Knick so bad, why didn't he simply pick up the phone & call the Knicks' front office & try to work out a deal before signing that official offer sheet? Instead he wants to spin the story to say the Knicks didn't show him any love. Come on now. Let's get real. He didn't exactly show that he wanted to be a Knick with the way he handled these negotiations. He maintained all along that he was going to weigh all his options while the Knicks maintained they were planning on matching any offer. Then he goes & gets a poison pill offer from the team that cut him the year prior? I'm not trying to say he did this to spite the Knicks, but to me his behavior suggests he was looking to get the highest money deal he could find regardless of where he was going to end up, which he had every right to do. Doesn't seem like a guy who so desperately wanted to remain a Knick like he's trying to portray. I don't like the talking out of both sides of his mouth, I would have respected him a lot more if he had just kept it real & said he was looking to get the best deal he could because as a free agent that was his right to do it.

Read the series of articles on six degrees of separation explains that Knicks FO never intended to bring Lin back and before he signed offer sheet his agents called Grunwald to tell them the numbers prior to the signature. Grunwald said sign and we have 3 days to match FIX WAS IN THEY DIDNT WANT HIM END OF STORY

THE KNICKS ROYALLY SCREWED THE POOCH ON THIS ONE FOLKS
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8179341/nba-jeremy-lin-six-degrees-separation-lin-camp

Matter of fact ill post them great reads

kinein

Benchwarmer
Wow, now you're blaming Melo for running Lin out of town? Lol. Come on dude.

I don't think it is necessary to point fingers at players on the team. It was purely a decision that came down to Dolan.

Though this is the newest or latest article out by ESPN's Ian O'Connor

Don't blame Melo for Lin's end in N.Y.
Knicks owner was ultimate judge and jury on Lin, and his verdict made no sense

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8182481/ian-oconnor-blame-carmelo-anthony-loss-jeremy-lin

* Keep in mind, ultimately the Knicks MSG etc belong to Dolan. He has every right to do whatever he wants. I think some fans lose sight of that when they attack him and the Knicks organization.

What I found interesting was Ian writing this excerpt:

Much as he tried to run away from that "ridiculous contract" quote, Anthony's scrambling came in vain. "Melo didn't want Lin back, I do know that," said one source who has extensive dealings with the Knicks and their players. "Everybody in that locker room wanted Lin back except Melo and J.R. Smith."

Although I don't think it necessarily was personal as I think Lin got along with the entire team and everyone actually liked the other members on their team.

Not wanting someone on your team doesn't necessarily mean you like or dislike them - it just may well be an issue of player chemistry on the court and the future they envisioned for their Knicks as they saw it over the next 3+ years.

Keynotes: Melo openly stating CP3 will eventually be a Knick.

With Prigioni, Kidd, Felton, and also JR Smith's younger brother on the summer league squad. I really see next to 0 reason why anyone would want to spend any money on Lin. (Which sucks since I wanted to see Lin grow more with the roster (pre movement of Landry and Jeffries since I liked their hustle and heart)

* Melo and Amare talk about how excited Amare is for Felton to return.
* Melo has got to be tired of people telling him he hasnt gotten out of the 1st round of the playoffs. I don't think he necessarily wanted to gamble on having Lin starting and trying to win a championship with him.
* Signing Lin would adversely get in the way of going for CP3 after CP3's contract concludes with LAC.
* The Knicks signing a bunch of super-veterans indicates that they want to go to the Finals NOW and they would prefer to go with what they feel would best mesh with Melo/Amare and provide a known level of play.
* Rockets really, really, really wanted Jeremy Lin back - even contemplated offering him the full 40+ million contract deal - so it just came down to Knicks not wanting JLin as much as the Rockets.

I'll be cheering for the Knicks next season and Lin as I think this was what was the best outcome ultimately for all parties involved.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
LMAO!

Y'all dudes are funny! You still think Lin wanted to be a Knick! So f*cking stupid.

Pay attention.

And the real kicker is this...

A year ago people were up in arms about adding Felton to the Melo deal. Felton was MORE responsible for Stats best season as a Knick than Lin was for "saving" the franchise in 2 weeks.

Yet no one realizes Felton IS BETTER than Lin. Smh! And he's cheaper and more consistent. Hello?

And finally, washing the stentch of the LOSS (SSOL) system off seems impossible. We saw Lin in that unorthodox system and Knicks fans believe that was a winning formula; that we would continue to see that had we matched Lin's offer.

Knick fans love to dream, love to place stock in the unknown. "We don't know what Lin could be", "Who knows if he's a top5 PG" etc...

Lin was a product of the system. You would think the fact that he was 4th on the depth-chart would indicate something. But no. The fact that he was cut multiple times mean anything? No.

Torn Meniscus an issue? No

The same stubborness that had us spend money hand over fist in the past on poor players; the same wishful thinking that had us imagine scrubs on our team could flourish given the right chance... is the same that won't allow you to see the weakness and over-expectations of Lin. And its sad.

Have you asked yourself "why didn't Lin sign the 1st contract, yet signed the next right away"

Because he's NOT about winning, he's about Lin.

I'm 85% sure (wink) he couldn't handle the REAL expectations he would have had in NY making $14 mil and change.

I'm 100% sure Ray Felton will make you forget about the dreamy Linfantasy and bring you back to reality. I know Felton can handle NY. He doesn't have a torn meniscus, 35 games under his belt, a bloated impossible to live-up-to contract. He plays D. Really loved NY, is humble,

And he competes. I feel sorry for Lin and the league like I do for misguided dreamer fans. Everyone with a beef with Dolan (who isn't perfect)

How do you look rooting for a team that does nothing you want? Pathetic. How will you look when we compete for the Atlantic, sans Lin?

Fair weather anyone?:smokin:

p0nder

Starter
I agree with Red that Felton>Lin.

Now we just gotta hope he proves that the portland thing was because he got depressed about not being a Knick any more and he's hella motivated to prove he's the man.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Nice post above Red. It's funny this thread has taken on a life of it's own....Nice points about Felton.... Everybody around here cried their eyes out when Feltip was part of the Gallo deal, but now that he is back and Lin is gone Felton stinks. WTF???? Now let me throw in the kicker: If we would have drafted our point guard of the future INSTEAD of Gallo, none of this LInSanity would have happened. But D'ant drafted his Godson starting this chain of events. And now that financial sense and sensibility have finally returned to the Garden, so-called Knicks fans are pissed????? GTFO then. We don't need you. I for one am looking forward to a Kidd-Feltip 1-2 punch in the backcourt. I for am looking forward to the best Knicks front court we have seen in years. I for one can't wait to see MELO leading this team out of the tunnel, fresh gold medal dangling. This will be the best Knicks team we have seen in years. Get over the d-leaguer bytches!

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Now I've heard it all, Felton better than Lin? On which planet? Please pass the LSD blotter paper this way.

People were not so much pissed about Felton himself being traded but that the team as a whole was broken up, and that team happened to feature Felton as an integral piece.

Red

TYPE-A
Now I've heard it all, Felton better than Lin? On which planet? Please pass the LSD blotter paper this way.

People were not so much pissed about Felton himself being traded but that the team as a whole was broken up, and that team happened to feature Felton as an integral piece.

Felton avg better numbers in the same system.

Felton has never avg less than 5 assists per in his career.

Lin broke the turnovers record.

Speaking of career, Felton is a vet, rarely hurt, and has more playoff experience.

Lin broke down in less than half a season.

Lin has trouble with his handle.

Lin has trouble against pressure defense.

Lin couldn't get Stat & Melo going.

Felton plays defense.

Felton has proven to be solid in multiple systems.

Felton was the player to make-or-break a deal for a Star.

Lin was passed on by multiple teams and about to be cut for a third time.

STOP DRINKING THE COOL-AID. You are not worthy to refute my stance because you are a shock-posting clown.

And just in case you have any reservations about my stance on this

Circle the Knicks vs the Rockets on your calendar and hopefully IF Lin is better than 85%, you will witness the beating we are going to put on them, specifically what Felton is going to do to Lin. Book it.

Unlike many, Felton has heart, he ain't no sucker. He will be taking this personal. That's my type of player... no homo.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Felton avg better numbers in the same system.

Felton has never avg less than 5 assists per in his career.

Lin broke the turnovers record.

Speaking of career, Felton is a vet, rarely hurt, and has more playoff experience.

Lin broke down in less than half a season.

Lin has trouble with his handle.

Lin has trouble against pressure defense.

Lin couldn't get Stat & Melo going.

Felton plays defense.

Felton has proven to be solid in multiple systems.

Felton was the player to make-or-break a deal for a Star.

Lin was passed on by multiple teams and about to be cut for a third time.

STOP DRINKING THE COOL-AID. You are not worthy to refute my stance because you are a shock-posting clown.

And just in case you have any reservations about my stance on this

Circle the Knicks vs the Rockets on your calendar and hopefully IF Lin is better than 85%, you will witness the beating we are going to put on them, specifically what Felton is going to do to Lin. Book it.

Unlike many, Felton has heart, he ain't no sucker. He will be taking this personal. That's my type of player... no homo.
320931.jpg

+1 REPPED

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
LMAO!

Y'all dudes are funny! You still think Lin wanted to be a Knick! So f*cking stupid.

Pay attention.

And the real kicker is this...

u year ago people were up in arms about adding Felton to the Melo deal. Felton was MORE responsible for Stats best season as a Knick than Lin was for "saving" the franchise in 2 weeks.

Yet no one realizes Felton IS BETTER than Lin. Smh! And he's cheaper and more consistent. Hello?

And finally, washing the stentch of the LOSS (SSOL) system off seems impossible. We saw Lin in that unorthodox system and Knicks fans believe that was a winning formula; that we would continue to see that had we matched Lin's offer.

Knick fans love to dream, love to place stock in the unknown. "We don't know what Lin could be", "Who knows if he's a top5 PG" etc...

Lin was a product of the system. You would think the fact that he was 4th on the depth-chart would indicate something. But no. The fact that he was cut multiple times mean anything? No.

Torn Meniscus an issue? No

The same stubborness that had us spend money hand over fist in the past on poor players; the same wishful thinking that had us imagine scrubs on our team could flourish given the right chance... is the same that won't allow you to see the weakness and over-expectations of Lin. And its sad.

Have you asked yourself "why didn't Lin sign the 1st contract, yet signed the next right away"

Because he's NOT about winning, he's about Lin.

I'm 85% sure (wink) he couldn't handle the REAL expectations he would have had in NY making $14 mil and change.

I'm 100% sure Ray Felton will make you forget about the dreamy Linfantasy and bring you back to reality. I know Felton can handle NY. He doesn't have a torn meniscus, 35 games under his belt, a bloated impossible to live-up-to contract. He plays D. Really loved NY, is humble,

And he competes. I feel sorry for Lin and the league like I do for misguided dreamer fans. Everyone with a beef with Dolan (who isn't perfect)

How do you look rooting for a team that does nothing you want? Pathetic. How will you look when we compete for the Atlantic, sans Lin?

Fair weather anyone?:smokin:

It is incredible that you can type that (bolded) nonsense and somehow think that the assessment is in anyway accurate.

Felton is definitely not better than Lin, no way in hell Red.

I really do think some black people have issues with Lin getting all of this attention so fast. But that's a convo for another topic.

When you look at the numbers he put up during those 25 games and really think about where he came from, ie D-league, sleeping on peoples couches, being cut by legit Franchises, it was pretty amazing.

Bottom line is that Lin has potential to be a top 10 point. No way you can say that about Felton. Players simply cannot do the things he did in games without serious ability.

You need to stop. You based the whole argument above on the farse that Felton is superior to Lin in talent and that is just not the case. Typical Red.

I agree with Red that Felton>Lin.

Now we just gotta hope he proves that the portland thing was because he got depressed about not being a Knick any more and he's hella motivated to prove he's the man.

Ponder I respect you as a poster and Felton will be one of my fav Knick players now that he's back with us, but the above is just a misinformed piece of post.

At the very least, if healthy, Lin is a 15 and 7 guy in this league. He proved this to me in the games I saw him.

What he did to Deron Williams and the Nets in that game I was at where he broke the shackles of mediocrity was just ridiculous. Subsequent to that, w the exception of the Miami game he just ran roughshod through the league. People site that as some type of red flag that he was exposed in some wayin that game. Wrong. ALL players have bad games and Miami's D keyed in on him, plus he was getting his first real look at championship D. People don't know what the hell they're talking about most of time. Lin is not over-hyped. He is a legit talent.

Bottom line here is that this organization facked up bad :barf: by not re-signing LIN. It's a joke IMO that no serious offer was even made by the Knicks org. Think about that. We never even made the kid an offer. How is that possible????

Honestly, I don't think Woodson ever really wanted Lin. I don't think Dolan wanted Lin. I don't think Isiah ever wanted him. These three are birds of a feather. Grunwald is capable of making good moves and is very competent, but ultimately he is an Isiah guy so I fold him in with the above idiots and their unmitigated lunacy.

Lin never had a chance boys.

I honestly believe he wanted to stay on this team. I think he has the nuts and the drive to lead a team.

He is the real deal mentally, has heart AND the talent to match these traits. If he stays healthy he will do big things.

Sorry to say, but we're just another team in the long line of nonbelievers. The sad thing is he did amazing things in OUR uniform AND OUR FO STILL COULDN'T SEEM TO SEE THE FORREST FOR THE TREES.

Our front office really f-ed this one. We should have bit the bullet and matched Houston's offer. This is ridiculous. I'm kind of ashamed to be a Knick fan lately to be honest. Our front office is garbage and makes us all look bad. Even when we have good GM's (Donnie, Grunnie) we still are made to look like foolish fans to the rest of league and it's fans. I'm tired of it.

When Lin is starting next season, has full control of Houston's offense and is balling, this org, and ultimately this owner, will have left yet another stain on one of the most important franchises in all of sports, and I will embarrassed to be a Knick fan.. again.

Every sane, thoughtful person (most of whom happen to be casual fans w common sense) I know, who know I'm a Knick fan, has said the same thing to me, "I can't believe the Knicks let Lin go.." All I can do in response is shake my head and mumble some sort of agreement.

The thing that bothers me the most is that we never even really tried to negotiate. That SI article is damning and burned me up. It really is a crock of bull****..

I can't understand how some people can be alright with this. Lin would have given us the BEST chance to make a deep playoff run with the personnel we have currently, not Felton, and I'm actually a Felton guy.

This should not be hard to see Knicks fans.

Last edited:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I just wanna leave this here
Marc Berman
Jeremy Lin was asked at his Houston press conference about a perception he did not want to play in playoffs. It is such a bogus premise to be mindbloggling. The concern should be why he wasn't closer to 100 percent, why he still couldn't jump and dunk after about six weeks. A torn meniscus means a level of arthritis existed at age 23. Not good. Only #Knicks and Rockets knows the level found in his removed cartilage. But Knicks let him leave. So it may tell you something.

jimkcchief88

All Star
And white people have a problem with black athletes making too much money(insert melo here). It's amazing that it only takes 25 games for Lin "prove" himself.. I guess "Linsanity" really is a certifiable, medical condition. All it takes is 25 games for in Ivy League playing, D-league bench warmer to prove himself. 25 games is not even a college season. And Ivy league???? Those aren't even scholarship athletes. Those are rich daddies boys who are playing basketball to get co-eds. Felton played at North Carolina and is an established pro. This is crazy.....But not surprising for KO.COM, the basketball bizarro world where rookie, one hit wonder who have played 1/4 of an NBA season are better than established pro-ballers:(.