• Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

metrocard

Legend
Wow, we are truly living historic moments

shock.jpg

I kinda lost love for Lin.

No offense, I think people call him smart due to conditioning. "asians are smart" is a big stereotype thing. If it was a black or PR player getting 9 turnovers in a game, they would be called a cancer, dumb as hell.

I'm just stating how stupid society can be, and its not their fault. These things are true.

Lin isn't smart like THAT on the basketball court. He has potential to be, but averaging 6+ turnovers a game is just not smart basketball. Not even AI or Kobe.

Lin has great agility, coordination, and skills. But its not his fault. He's a rookie being asked to carry an NBA playoff team. He's responded greatly, can score with ease. But I will never call Lin smart because he has a piece of paper, has nothing to do with basketball.

We should understand this Lin hype got too crazy and the media is going to ruin this kid. A lot of annoying asian bandwagon fans will flood, type of fans who don't care about the Knicks just want Lin taking every shot.

I like Lin, but guys like Mike Breen need to STFU and stop labeling him smart because he went to Havard and probably cause he's asian...its basketball irrelevant....its just lucrative for media and business...which what the NBA has become, just the WWE version of basketball.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I kinda lost love for Lin.

No offense, I think people call him smart due to conditioning. "asians are smart" is a big stereotype thing. If it was a black or PR player getting 9 turnovers in a game, they would be called a cancer, dumb as hell.

I'm just stating how stupid society can be, and its not their fault. These things are true.

Lin isn't smart like THAT on the basketball court. He has potential to be, but averaging 6+ turnovers a game is just not smart basketball. Not even AI or Kobe.

Lin has great agility, coordination, and skills. But its not his fault. He's a rookie being asked to carry an NBA playoff team. He's responded greatly, can score with ease. But I will never call Lin smart because he has a piece of paper, has nothing to do with basketball.

We should understand this Lin hype got too crazy and the media is going to ruin this kid. A lot of annoying asian bandwagon fans will flood, type of fans who don't care about the Knicks just want Lin taking every shot.

I like Lin, but guys like Mike Breen need to STFU and stop labeling him smart because he went to Havard and probably cause he's asian...its basketball irrelevant....its just lucrative for media and business...which what the NBA has become, just the WWE version of basketball.
Glad I'm not the only Knicks fan to feel negativity because of this craze. I love Lin, but I want the attention to be on the Knicks in general.

I do think he's a smart guy on the court, but not because he's Asian. He just needs to cut down the turnovers which he will.

metrocard

Legend
Well said.

I just see Lin as a playmaker.

Parker/Marbury type play maker

Parker's agility, Marbury's strength...and just can make a play happen with his penetration....assist or score...dynamic guard.

Red

TYPE-A
28 & 14

Down Goes Dallas
Jeremy Lin and the Knicks battled back from a double-digit deficit to knock off the defending NBA champs.

WHAT IT MEANS: Knicksanity!

On Sunday, the Knicks had arguably their most impressive win of the season against one of the league's best defensive teams, the Mavericks, who had won six straight games.

Linsanity rubbed off on all the Knicks, even on the team's latest acquisition J.R. Smith, who finished with 15 points off the bench. Jeremy Lin (a team-high 28 points and 14 assists) in the starting five and Steve Novak (14 points) off the bench led the team to the 104-97 win, and they climbed back to .500. They have now won eight of their past nine games.

TURNING POINT: After Dallas allowed 30 points in the first quarter -- the third-highest total the Mavericks have given up all season -- they stormed back with two big periods. In the second and third, they outscored the Knicks 55-40, doing it offensively through Dirk Nowitzki (a game-high 34 points), which created spacing for other shooters (Vince Carter and Jason Terry), and defensively with dynamic traps and rotations. After all, Dallas entered the game only allowing 90.8 points per game (fifth-best) and 41.4 shooting (tops in the league).

But in the fourth, the Knicks went off offensively. As MSG color analyst Walt Frazier would say, "Steve brought that Novacaine!" Novak tied the game at 75 for the first time since the first half with a 3-pointer and went on to hit two more, including a two-pointer. He finished with 14 points in only 21 minutes off the bench.

THE GOOD: With Facebook founder and Harvard grad Mark Zuckerberg sitting behind the Knicks' bench, Lin, a fellow alum, had arguably the best first quarter with the team. He had 10 points, three assists and 0 turnovers, which had been a problem for him starting games. On Friday in a 89-85 loss to the Hornets, Lin had eight turnovers in the first half alone. On Sunday, he finished with a seven throughout the game, but he didn't pack them in bunches. Lin's floor game from the tip enabled the Knicks to score those 30 points in the first quarter, including nine off the bench (all threes) for Smith.

The Knicks' struggled offensively to start the third quarter, going down 15-5, but then Lin picked them up by slicing though the lane and getting to the basket. He scored eight points to end the period, including a final fastbreak one-hand dunk. Lin carried that penetration ability over to the fourth quarter, finding Novak three times each for a 3-pointer. Lin had two himself in the final period.
-ESPN

smokes

Huge Member
I'm kinda skeptical given the guy with binoculars standing behind her staring straight into the back of the poster and smiling :lol:

Daize

Rookie
Saw this article, Jeremy Lin's Success is due to Coach's System

but I'll take a head coach's opinion over some jelly has-been any day.

Oklahoma City coach Scott Brooks says he?s already tired of the opinion that Lin has simply made the most of his opportunity.
?People are saying it?s the system and it?s the opportunity,? Brooks said. ?No. He?s a player. The system has nothing to do with that kid playing as well as he?s playing. Opportunity has nothing to do with it. You can give players opportunities every day of the week to play and they are not going to do as well as that guy.
?It?s never been done before. Words can?t describe it. I played at a very low level in this league. But what he?s doing, nobody would have ever guessed it. He?s doing it ? and they?re winning, which is the No. 1 thing you?re playing the game for.
?The 3-point shot to win the game (at Toronto), that?s not the system. It?s squaring your man, telling him I don?t need a pick-and-roll, backing him up and shooting the 3 in his face. And making it. That doesn?t happen because of the system. That kid is good.?

Linsanity About the Opportunity...or Skill?

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
Does any one know if Lin has greeted his high school teammates and coach? They flew to MSG to see the Knicks-Mavs game.
I kinda of hoped they'd get a chance to meet. It would be a nice and touching story.

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
Jeremy Lin Video

This video is absolutely amazing and I've watched in 3 times already. Wow, flawlessly made and completely inspirational. Check it out.