• Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

iJoe

Rotation player
Exactly.

To be fair, there was only 1 REAL offer on the table, and what kind of person is going to say "You said you were gonna offer me a LOWER salary! I refuse to sign this!" ESPECIALLY when the Knicks Front office announced they would match anything up to a billion?

Knicks never offered him anything...if I was a player, I would want some kind of security for my life.

Exactly. You can't blame Lin at all and anyone who wishes him badly because he accepted his first and maybe only big payday is a tard.

You can hate on Lin cause he's on another team now, but not because he "betrayed" us. Lin did what anyone in the world would do.

I just wish the Knicks got some kinda sign and trade deal or something out of losing him. I blame ownership for not having the balls to make him an offer or say upfront that he wasn't in our long term plans and get draft picks or at least a trade exception out of losing him.

metrocard

Legend
Exactly. You can't blame Lin at all and anyone who wishes him badly because he accepted his first and maybe only big payday is a tard.

You can hate on Lin cause he's on another team now, but not because he "betrayed" us. Lin did what anyone in the world would do.

I just wish the Knicks got some kinda sign and trade deal or something out of losing him. I blame ownership for not having the balls to make him an offer or say upfront that he wasn't in our long term plans and get draft picks or at least a trade exception out of losing him.

I was going to hate on Lin, but read this great post and totally changed my mind.

TakMan

Rotation player
If he wanted to retire as a Knick then he could have done that. It was his choice at the end of the day. He decided (rightly so) to accept the highly inflated rockets offer, and the Knicks decided (again rightly) not to match that offer. Lin just knows that his short lived (20 odd games) career as a rising star is about to come to an end and that he will inevitably revert to his role player/bench/D-League days sooner rather than later. He's been appalling for the rockets thus far and this will only get worse when opponents are actually playing competitively.

Knicks will soon be vindicated for their choice.

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
If Lin wanted to be a Knick he would have did this

Told his agent negotiate the best deal for me with New York when its dont let me know, right now I'll be rehabbing and preparing for next year

NO he didn't do that so **** him

bigapple

Starter
i love Lin still anyway time is moving forward he will come back anyway to Knicks

for now he have no one to play in Houston only Asik i dont know IF Rockets will be in playoffs

some1 maybe have some magazines in PDF with him ?:)

TomCat

Rookie
Lin still had a lot to prove. And still has. I'm not that upset over losing him. The Knicks didnt want him to retire a Knick so it is what it is. Time to move on.

p0nder

Starter
Lin still has the chance to retire a knick he'll be a free agent in 3 years right? who knows what will happen.

This is actually a really good point. After seeing how they brought Felton back in and how much he has been motivated to play well for the knicks vs. his year with portland I think knicks brass should look at it again. Linsanity 2.0 would be a huge economical boost.

Also on the conspiracy theory some are throwing out that the knicks never had any intention of signing Lin.. I think they may be right. Also put in that they leaked a statement that said "We will match anything up to a billion dollars" and they were just enticing a team like houston to blow their load on him (no homo).

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Great post by ughh.

A lot of mistakes were made by the Knicks.

Lin is not to blame here at all.

I think, if you step back and look at it, what happened here is that we let a valuable asset walk for nothing in return. And that's the real tragedy of the situation. And that's a big fall-off by the Knicks.

Come on, Lin is trash. He's been trash this pre season. Felton has been playing better than Lin this pre season. Hell, even Kidd has been playing better than Lin. But, it's only the pre season. So, yeah...

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Lin may very well be trash, total garbage, though I personally doubt that he is trash.

The thing is that, over the summer of 2012, Lin had great value, he held great value. And we let this value walk for nothing in return.

This is the tragedy we should all be angry about; it does not matter how Lin turns out, the thing is that we let value walk.

smokes

Huge Member
Great post by ughh.

A lot of mistakes were made by the Knicks.

Lin is not to blame here at all.

I think, if you step back and look at it, what happened here is that we let a valuable asset walk for nothing in return. And that's the real tragedy of the situation. And that's a big fall-off by the Knicks.

I agree with this and iSaYughh, the Knicks FO are notorious in recent years for letting assets walk for nothing. With the rate we give away our picks I'd have thought a S&T woulda been best thing for both parties given how things turned out.

Lin had so much hype surrounding him, no way a team wouldn't have given us a late 1st or a couple of 2nd rounders for him.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Lin has absolutely nothing to work with in houston because their GM is a total moron and traded away great players for random midround picks of guys who can't even get on a plane because their are too scared

We had a perfect set up for lin to succeed. He has a low shooting percentage now but he has never been a good shooter. He just hit a lot of highlight reel clutch shots which made him look better. He was successful when he drove to the basket.

We had two legit bigs in Chandler and Stat that made that EASY for him to find space in the paint because those guys always had to be covered.

And we had Steve Novak who was the deadliest 3 point shooter in the league which really helped boost his assist stats.

Yet houston has jack****

xk3smith

Benchwarmer
Lin could have just made that comment to still come off as the good guy in this situation. Lin isn't making crazy money this season. He could have made more in endorsements being the general of the Knicks offense. "Money left on the table"?? He won't even see any decent money anytime soon. Bye Lin. I haven't lost any sleep since you left.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Lin could have just made that comment to still come off as the good guy in this situation. Lin isn't making crazy money this season. He could have made more in endorsements being the general of the Knicks offense. "Money left on the table"?? He won't even see any decent money anytime soon. Bye Lin. I haven't lost any sleep since you left.

His last two years are guaranteed at idk what crazy amount $$$.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
^^ No, that's true.

I think the latest CBA allowed for back-loaded contracts like this. They call them ticking time bombs I think, I don't know.

I hope that, by Year Three, J-Lin is worth every penny of the 15 mil, I definitely think he can be.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
^ what??? Apparently his 2014/2015 salary is $15 million?? This must be a mistake right?

This explained the whole situation, in summary, the Rockets had to max out the first and 2nd year of his salary at the MLE amount of 5 million(allowing the Knicks the right to use thier MLE to match), then the remaining dollars on the contract are spread evenly through the remaining years of the contract:

http://knickerblogger.net/finally-a-definitive-answer-on-jeremy-lins-contract-status/