Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
lol, i might as well copy and paste the same thing i said to Isayughh because NOBODY has yet to enlighten me on how Lin is NOT an average PG

Lin (WAS) <-- keyword WAS putting up the greatest stat lines of all time for a STRETCH <--- another keyword... so what happened after the "stretch" was over?? the STATS reduced down to reality right? you really think teams are not going to catch on to Lins game and cut off areas he was thriving at? the defensive adjustment from teams to defend Lin slowly exposed his flaws, and brought Lin back down to reality numbers, and until Lin improves aspects of his game next season teams will CONTINUE to exploit Jeremy Lin... only this time he's going to be in Houston as much more of a marked man because he's going to be "THEY GUY" in Houston, where now teams can really LOCK into Lin because there's no other STAR player on the floor.

Theres no Tyson chandlers on Houston to thrive with in the P&R, Theirs not STEVE NOVAKS to shoot lights out and help spread the floor. The Rockets just blew their team up, Lin will struggle when he gets their but i do believe he will get better as a player.

GREAT PG's put up the numbers all through out the year (no matter what team, what defense, or what player you throw at them) chris paul, derrick rose, rondo, Deron, Westbrook, Nash, Parker

AVERAGE/GOOD PG's have their moments in where there going to shine and maybe sometimes "WOW" you the Felton, LIN, Teague, Dragic, Conley, Holiday

Please stop trying to make Lin into something he's not as of YET, maybe i'm using the wrong word in average. LIN IS A GOOD PG

IMO, Lin TO ME is an average PG with potential no matter how many times you try to convince me he's not and no matter how many times you tell me to..

"go look at what he did to Kobe and the Lakers"

"go look at the points he put up"

"go look at all the Lin-sanity signs"

Until Lin

-Improves his handles
-Limits his turnovers
-shows he can play on more than one speed
-Shows he can Dominate no matter what defense the opponent plays
-Shows he can go left
-Shows cutting off the pick & roll doesn't bother him
-Shows no defensive adjustment bothers him
-shows he can stop falling on the floor
-And shows when a PG gets up in his grill and applies pressure he can withstand it, without it bothering his game

Then ok i can see your points in not saying he's an average PG

So if Lin's not an average PG please tell me what he can possibly be? i really need to grasp this... Did he turn into Deron Williams, Chris Paul, or Derrick rose over night and im not up to date on the breaking News?

In the post I quoted you said he was average.,

You've been backtracking while at the same time trying to prove your original point ever since.

You seem confused. Maybe it's all of the posting.

Your post to Isayugh was convoluted as well.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
In the end, I think it's not going to come down to Lin's individual talent but the talent of the players around him. Other than the signing of Lin, which some have questioned, they have been making terrible moves and it seems their hope is resting on getting Howard, who it looks like is going to LA or Bynum who said the Rockets are in the top 3.

Lin is a good PG and could be great but not with the Rockets, at least not currently.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Forbes, the home court of millionaires and billionaires, weighs in on Lin:

Jeremy Lin May Be The Dumbest Harvard Grad Ever

http://www.forbes.com/sites/randalllane/2012/07/18/jeremy-lin-may-be-the-dumbest-harvard-grad-ever/

Forbes isn't what it used to be, I guess. Randall Lane is an idiot.

First, he's unaware of the stretch provision. Saying this new Houston offer would cost Knicks 50m$ is just flat-out wrong.

Second, it's not an extra 5m$ that Lin guaranteed, but closer to 10m$; the first offer was around 19m$ guaranteed and the final offer was something like 28 or 29m$ guaranteed.

Finally, Knicks never made an offer. No offer at all. What's the issue here. What else, he mentions New York "media market"? Same bull**** reason they said LeBron would sign here for. Hey, it's 2012.

And really, playing with Carmelo and JR "he ain't earn it" Smith, this is a dead-end for Young Jeremy. It's a hostile environment for the kid. Book it.

NYk_Reloaded718

&#9733;KNICKS-TAPE&#9733;
In the post I quoted you said he was average.,

You've been backtracking while at the same time trying to prove your original point ever since.

You seem confused. Maybe it's all of the posting.

Your post to Isayugh was convoluted as well.

Lmao so out of everything i said all you got was "GOOD AND AVERAGE"??

Good is just another way of me saying "AVERAGE"

I say Lins Average-- "im labeled a Lin hater"

I say Lins good-- "There's excuses on not responding to the point i'm trying to make"

Spare me please.

Either way i'm sure your getting what i'm saying he's OK OR GOOD OR AVERAGE SO/SO. etc etc

basically he's not ELITE OR GREAT whatever trying to make him out to be and you obviously have no argument to what i said except i re"arranged a word which makes this pretty pointless.

But if you would like to keep going ill edit the word "GOOD" and make it Average for you then you can continue to enlighten me on how he's not "average" im not confused or lost i know exactly what i'm saying.

LIN's an AVERAGE PG im sure everything is cleared back up for you now.. lets hear your debate please don't tell me he had a nice stretch because i heard that already, and made a argument about his "nice stretch"

If thats your only argument then i'm done.

At the end of the day

You have your opinion on LIn and i have my opinion on Lin, no point in debating about a guy that's not even on the team anymore.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
Average PG'S don't do what he did last season. Lin was putting up some of the greatest stat lines of all time for a stretch.

You seem like an intelligent dude with some ability to judge talent but I don't know where you're getting this assessment.

D'antoni's system/approach (increased possessions, encouraged quick, outside shooting) influences stat lines especially PG's...

I think we all can agree with that.

Lin also put up the most assists ever in that time.

That was NOT the system. Please explain.

Also, Lin brought us the 1st offer and measured our intentions, cool. Lin instead of doing the same, signed on for an offer that amounts to about $5mil more for him and about $40mil more cost for us (the team he claims he loves and wanted to be a part of)

Please explain.

jimkcchief88

All Star
You and Ginger are both 'tards. No, I don't mean this as an inflammatory insult like I would to Ginger, but Jimbo....I mean you are literally an ignorant bigot.

Allow me to expose you again --

Assertion: White People Have A Problem With Black Athletes Making Money, Because Some White Posters Have A Problem With Melo.

Then why do many black people have a problem with Melo too?

But, more importantly:

Basic Rejection Of Your Punk-Dumb Assertion: Same White People Who Have Problem With Melo, Have Zero Problem With Other Black Athletes Making As Much Or More Than Melo, including NYK and non-NYK.

When you bloviate and gum-flap like this, you resemble this:

lindsay-smh.jpg

JimQueef has less rep than a one-legged greyhound, but Red, you should really know better than to start another bandwagon and herd-frenzy against Lin, and keep invoking race into this. It's just going to be added to the list of things the 2013 season is going to brutally expose you over. You're better than that.

And who gives a **** if Lin got extra juice (and helped make MSG juice) because he was Asian.

Newsflash: this is what happens when a minority in a particular field rises into the public eye and does well.

Newsflash 2: this happens most often with black athletes.

Newsflash#3 You don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Newsflash#4 RUBBER AND GLUE B***TH, You ARE the ignorant BIGOT. My father marched in the civil-rights movement of the 60's, was one of the first Black PHD'S from MIZZOU, and always told me white people had a problem with the amount of money he made. And that aint million $$$$ money either. Don't talk about what you don't know about. The very fact that 25 games makes LIN worth millions of $$$$$, yet a proven star like MELO "hasn't earned his money" and is criticized mercilessly around here makes my point for me. Here is a dollar so you can buy a clue B***TH:( So what if there are blacks that criticize MELO??? We don't all look and think alike.

kinein

Benchwarmer
And white people have a problem with black athletes making too much money(insert melo here). It's amazing that it only takes 25 games for Lin "prove" himself.. I guess "Linsanity" really is a certifiable, medical condition. All it takes is 25 games for in Ivy League playing, D-league bench warmer to prove himself. 25 games is not even a college season. And Ivy league???? Those aren't even scholarship athletes. Those are rich daddies boys who are playing basketball to get co-eds. Felton played at North Carolina and is an established pro. This is crazy.....But not surprising for KO.COM, the basketball bizarro world where rookie, one hit wonder who have played 1/4 of an NBA season are better than established pro-ballers:(.

Good to hear you don't know anything about Jeremy Lin or his background. Lin's parents were asian immigrants they came with what they could gather up and struggled through tough times while attempting to staying afloat.
* Try moving from a poor country to another foreign country with a totally different culture - with little to no english skills, and move to a few states while trying to survive, find a roof, and keep the energy bills paid so you aren't going to sleep in the freezing winter with no warmth.
* I've heard countless stories about the level of staunch racism against asians in the 70s and 80s in NY its another reason why I sympathize with latinos.

He went to an Ivy league school because NO D1 SCHOOL WOULD GIVE HIM A SCHOLARSHIP. Not one collegiate scout bothered to visit him or even take a look. After he left and his HS picked up 2 BLACK players - the SCOUTS CAME. How many times do you need to realize that Jeremy Lin was being held down by racism from fellow AMERICANS of other ethnic backgrounds.

Harvard was willing to take him into their basketball program, do some research before you start talking as if you know. Your ignorance is blinding. You may well be one of the most IGNORANT posters on these forums since the racism fad in NY took off against Lin. Your assumptions and stereotypes are damning.

You keep mumbling about games and stats like a parrot without realizing that Jeremy Lin helped msg pull in over 600 million dollars and was the catalyst in the cable deal.

He has legions of fans that admire him for his humility, humbleness, character, hard-work ethic etc.

To these fans that spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on merchandise, league pass, tickets to games wherever he goes.

YES HE IS WORTH EVERY PENNY.

He gives people HOPE that hard-work and doing things the RIGHT way - with CLASS will pay dividends in the end.

He has dealt with racism all throughout his life and been constantly over-looked because he is an ASIAN MALE. Its a shame that so many people can't look past that and give him a fair shake as an AMERICAN. That they blindly latch onto 1 or 2 things and use that as the ONLY reason he has value without evening looking at his upside like : POTENTIAL and WORK-ETHIC.

If you can't grasp that he is going through the MODERN days of what Jackie Robinson went through in the past with baseball then your just a hardcore racist.
-------------------

I thought the NY conversation on Lin would have died down and the racism and hatred toward asian americans and asian males would have settled but it looks like you would like to perpetuate the narrow-minded racism that still proliferates on the internet and a segment of the New York Knicks fan population. The internets a marvelous advancement for humanity but it also shows how ugly portions of the human race are, filled with hatred and ignorance - employing stereotypes at will and assuming and passing judgement.

Without even bothering to do research or getting to know the real deal and the full story.

At least Steven A Smith has some valid points - you on the other hand have some serious hate in your heart.

Last edited:

CoolClyde

...I thought the NY conversation on Lin would have died down and the racism and hatred toward asian americans and asian males would have settled but it looks like you would like to perpetuate the narrow-minded racism that still proliferates on the internet and a segment of the New York Knicks fan population. The internets a marvelous advancement for humanity but it also shows how ugly portions of the human race are, filled with hatred and ignorance - employing stereotypes at will and assuming and passing judgement.

Without even bothering to do research or getting to know the real deal and the full story.

At least Steven A Smith has some valid points - you on the other hand have some serious hate in your heart.

hey Kinein, a quality post. seems you got here in the midst of Linsanity, i'm sure you're hurting that Lin's gone, hopefully you've got orange and blue in your blood to help heal the wounds. i've stopped fighting with JimKC, it's really not worth the time or effort, but a number of posters like yourself and iSayUghh have picked up the defense, thanks man.
:beer:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Good to hear you don't know anything about Jeremy Lin or his background. Lin's parents were asian immigrants they came with what they could gather up and struggled through tough times while attempting to staying afloat.
* Try moving from a poor country to another foreign country with a totally different culture - with little to no english skills, and move to a few states while trying to survive, find a roof, and keep the energy bills paid so you aren't going to sleep in the freezing winter with no warmth.
* I've heard countless stories about the level of staunch racism against asians in the 70s and 80s in NY its another reason why I sympathize with latinos.

He went to an Ivy league school because NO D1 SCHOOL WOULD GIVE HIM A SCHOLARSHIP. Not one collegiate scout bothered to visit him or even take a look. After he left and his HS picked up 2 BLACK players - the SCOUTS CAME. How many times do you need to realize that Jeremy Lin was being held down by racism from fellow AMERICANS of other ethnic backgrounds.

Harvard was willing to take him into their basketball program, do some research before you start talking as if you know. Your ignorance is blinding. You may well be one of the most IGNORANT posters on these forums since the racism fad in NY took off against Lin. Your assumptions and stereotypes are damning.

You keep mumbling about games and stats like a parrot without realizing that Jeremy Lin helped msg pull in over 600 million dollars and was the catalyst in the cable deal.

He has legions of fans that admire him for his humility, humbleness, character, hard-work ethic etc.

To these fans that spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on merchandise, league pass, tickets to games wherever he goes.

YES HE IS WORTH EVERY PENNY.

He gives people HOPE that hard-work and doing things the RIGHT way - with CLASS will pay dividends in the end.

He has dealt with racism all throughout his life and been constantly over-looked because he is an ASIAN MALE. Its a shame that so many people can't look past that and give him a fair shake as an AMERICAN. That they blindly latch onto 1 or 2 things and use that as the ONLY reason he has value without evening looking at his upside like : POTENTIAL and WORK-ETHIC.

If you can't grasp that he is going through the MODERN days of what Jackie Robinson went through in the past with baseball then your just a hardcore racist.
-------------------

I thought the NY conversation on Lin would have died down and the racism and hatred toward asian americans and asian males would have settled but it looks like you would like to perpetuate the narrow-minded racism that still proliferates on the internet and a segment of the New York Knicks fan population. The internets a marvelous advancement for humanity but it also shows how ugly portions of the human race are, filled with hatred and ignorance - employing stereotypes at will and assuming and passing judgement.

Good to know you don't know s**t about african-americans. We didn't choose to come here, we were captured and brought in chains. And I am supposed to feel sorry for "disadavantaged asians???" Get real jack. My parents marched in the civil rights movements to obtains rights for ALL MINORITIES. But if you look at per-capita incomes, asian-americans took advavantage and jumped ahead. I dated a fillapina-american whose father hated me on the basis of my race. So get off it. Pick up a book sometime before you preach to me brotha.... Or rent "Roots" and watch it.... For every "Jeremy Lin" there are a 10000 blacks who never got a chance to even attend HARVARD as the result of 400 years of chattel slavery and the ensuing institutionalized racism that followed:(

CoolClyde

Good to know you don't know s**t about african-americans. We didn't choose to come here, we were captured and brought in chains. And I am supposed to feel sorry for "disadavantaged asians???" Get real jack. My parents marched in the civil rights movements to obtains rights for ALL MINORITIES. But if you look at per-capita incomes, asian-americans took advavantage and jumped ahead. I dated a fillapina-american whose father hated me on the basis of my race. So get off it. Pick up a book sometime before you preach to me brotha.... Or rent "Roots" and watch it.... For every "Jeremy Lin" there are a 10000 blacks who never got a chance to even attend HARVARD as the result of 400 years of chattel slavery and the ensuing institutionalized racism that followed:(

nice one Jim, breaking out the slave card. you win again!
:boohoo:

jimkcchief88

All Star
nice one Jim, breaking out the slave card. you win again!
:boohoo:

Shows how little you know "Clyde"...I bet if you called the man who's name you grabbed, who lived and played in the NBA of the sixties and seventies, recently desegregated, I betcha he would school you. I bet Clyde has stories of segregated hotels and restaurants.... I bet "race" is more than a card to Walt Frazier....

CoolClyde

Shows how little you know "Clyde"...I bet if you called the man who's name you grabbed, who lived and played in the NBA of the sixties and seventies, recently desegregated, I betcha he would school you. I bet Clyde has stories of segregated hotels and restaurants.... I bet "race" is more than a card to Walt Frazier....

yes, i watched the MSG special "before he was Clyde" where Walt told tales of his life, schools, and segregation. I admire the man greatly, and appreciate what he's gone thru, from his beginnings, thru college b-ball, thru the greatness of the Knicks championships seasons, to his current positions as broadcaster and entrepreneurial restauranteur. he's my hero in many ways, as he has remained classy throughout his entire career, and bettered himself along the way. my user name honors him, an homage to greatness and coolness. i'm sure he would school me linguistically, and clobber me with racial integrity, and that's OK. but why YOU so mad Jim? c'mon now, take it light braaaaaaaaaaa.

jimkcchief88

All Star
yes, i watched the MSG special "before he was Clyde" where Walt told tales of his life, schools, and segregation. I admire the man greatly, and appreciate what he's gone thru, from his beginnings, thru college b-ball, thru the greatness of the Knicks championships seasons, to his current positions as broadcaster and entrepreneurial restauranteur. he's my hero in many ways, as he has remained classy throughout his entire career, and bettered himself along the way. my user name honors him, an homage to greatness and coolness. i'm sure he would school me linguistically, and clobber me with racial integrity, and that's OK. but why YOU so mad Jim? c'mon now, take it light braaaaaaaaaaa.

Not mad just keeping it real

BillyHoyle

Benchwarmer
This shouldn't be about race. It's about how Dolan and the FO put money ahead of the possibility to make the NYK a better team.

Last edited: