Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

CoolClyde

Lin Doll on Sale!

lindoll_ani.gif

kinein

Benchwarmer
Best Post-Lin Era Blog

Excerpt - Full Write-Up by a Long Time Knick Fan. Click on Link after Excerpt for full commentary.

Lin was different. He was always moving, always creating, always trying to make a play for a teammate. He had an uncanny talent for slithering his way into the lane and either (a) converting reverse layups on impossible angles, or (b) drawing shotblockers, then flipping up a lob to a big man for an uncontested dunk. He had exquisite court vision, especially on the fast break, constantly pushing the ball and getting teammates open shots before the defense could set up. His greatest allies were Steve Novak, a sharpshooting journeyman who morphed into a giant-sized Steve Kerr once Lin arrived, and Tyson Chandler, a defensive stalwart who embraced Lin's ?lan and became more involved on the offensive end than at any point in his career since he played with Chris Paul in New Orleans. In fact, immediately after Lin's tour-de-force performance against the Nets, I fired off an email to four friends who are fellow NBA diehards, quasi-sarcastically comparing Lin to Paul. He was that exhilarating.

He wasn't perfect, naturally, but even his deficiencies doubled as strengths. Defensively, he gave too much ground to penetrating guards, but he also had canny anticipatory instincts (at one point, he racked up 13 steals in a three-game stretch). His jumper was an absurd, Purvis Short-style rainbow, but it had smooth rotation, and he became a reliable closer at the free-throw line (in a game against Philly, he buried 10 consecutive freebies in the game's final six minutes). And of course, he turned the ball over constantly, including a ridiculous six-game span with at least six giveaways. But those mistakes derived from his relentlessly aggressive playmaking, and if I'm choosing a point guard, I'll always take a slightly reckless visionary who consistently generates opportunities for his teammates over a conservative floor general who makes the safe pass and never penetrates. (Trivia question: You know who finished in the top seven in turnovers each of the past eight years, including five different times in the top three? Steve Nash. **** turnovers.)

But truthfully, his weaknesses didn't even matter. Watching Lin was fun. Case in point: Before I wrote that aforementioned email, I'd hardly ever contacted my friends about the Knicks in years except to complain about their ineptitude. Lin changed that, and he changed my engagement with the Knicks' franchise. Rather than merely watching the team out of an inexplicable sense of duty (a concept that only makes sense in the cloistered world of sports fandom), I started eagerly awaiting the games. I was anxious to watch Lin, to see what remarkable, bizarre plays he might make. For the first time in years, I was happy to be a Knicks fan.

And for all Knicks fans, following Lin's ascendancy, one question became paramount: Given the team's precarious salary-cap position, would we be able to re-sign Lin? Mercifully, thanks to an obscure provision in the new collective bargaining agreement dubbed the Arenas Rule, the answer was an unequivocal "yes". So when the Knicks fired D'Antoni after a 2-8 skid that coincided with Anthony's return and replaced him with isolation guru Mike Woodson, I wasn't worried. (Technically, D'Antoni resigned. In reality? He didn't.) When Woodson immediately declared that Lin was "in a learning stage", that rookies should "sit and listen and learn", and that the offense would now run through Anthony and Stoudemire because they're "guys that have done it", I remained sanguine. Even when Lin tore his meniscus in late March and missed the rest of the season (which ended with the Knicks limply losing their first-round series to the Heat in five games), I was at peace. This season didn't matter. I was going to get to watch Lin lead the Knicks for at least the next three years. This was my reward for enduring The Isiah Era: to watch one of the most dynamic players in the NBA run my favorite team. Lin wasn't just a basketball player. He was the future. He was hope.

Fantastic Lin Piece.
http://moviemanifesto.blogspot.sg/2012/08/linsanity.html

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Lmao come on now 8's it was directed towards her being a female.

Repeated posts that nobody paided attention too,then having to insult a current player to get noticed, in my book is an attention whore.

I'd say the same about OBM but he's changed.

metrocard

Legend
Jeremy took his talents down Southwest, but

forgot his swagger

A4J3udgCAAAorA-.jpg

This is the official Troll Jeremy Lin thread...just post embarassing photos and memes of him.

CA7

Scoring Champ
The Knicks are having a sale on all their excess Jeremy Lin products everything is 85% off

p0nder

Starter
Lin wanted to retire a Knick

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/lin_wanted_to_retire_knick_rSHg84t9bRle6OJDTxSGwJ?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Knicks

Lin wanted to retire a Knick. He still can't believe it. I still can't believe it. I'm happy with the team we have now and it looks like the guys knee is still not better yet. But he was all in for the knicks. It just goes to show how much of the decisions Dolan makes are based purely on his emotions. I wonder if we will ever be able to win with this owner....

Also worthy of noting, he had to return all his Linsaity memorabilia except for a few of the Linsanity shirts that fans gave him. That's harsh.

Sorry to bring it up but it was in the post today. I had almost forgotten about it tbh. can't wait to start the season and forget about it all over again.

:smokin:

:gony:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I assume he must have known what money we could offer him. He shouldn't have accepted that ridiculous Rockets' offer. But he did and he probably knew we weren't going to match it. It's a matter of time before some Linsane bangwagoners start talking about how Lin's agent pushed him to sign with Houston. But, for me it's a closed case, no hard feelings towards Lin but dude plays for an other team and personally I don't give a **** what he says a couple of months after the deal was done.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
yea there was only one offer on the table at the end of the day but he received 2 total and could have told the rockets, look here man, i wan that first offer sheet u wanted me to sign....i went to Harvard, and im asian, so my maths tell me that the knicks cant afford to keep me in year 3 if i sign this 2nd revised offer and i want to retire as a knick, so just give me the first one.

any way **** that

kinda glad with the way things have turned out so far

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
yea there was only one offer on the table at the end of the day but he received 2 total and could have told the rockets, look here man, i wan that first offer sheet u wanted me to sign....i went to Harvard, and im asian, so my maths tell me that the knicks cant afford to keep me in year 3 if i sign this 2nd revised offer and i want to retire as a knick, so just give me the first one.

any way **** that

kinda glad with the way things have turned out so far

I don't know, could Lin and his agent have taken that offer, unsigned back to the Knicks and said this is the Rockets offer. Could the Knicks have drawn up a similar contract, same years, and money and just signed him out right, or is there something in the CBA that said the Knicks only had matching rights, could not extend an offer?

Nevertheless, Lin and the Rockets negotiated a deal long before the moratorium ended and when that leaked, the Knicks said they would match, the rockets went back to the drawing board with the poison pill offer. Lin could have said he wanted the original deal, but he wanted the cash and he signed it, you put your foot in the grave if you ink it, nothing is guaranteed....he should know, he's a Harvard grad.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
knicks also played it stupid when they told everyone they would match... but the rockets ****ed it up by changing the agreement which was a bitch move

i think the most the knicks could have offered was 4 years and 20 mill

rockets offered 3 and 25 guaranteed

even i would have taken the rockets offer, but i would man up to it instead of bitching about how i wanted the knicks all along try to look like the good person, and how i "didnt know" anything about nothing... this offer just magically poped of of nowhere...bla bla...shut up lin