Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 136 of 140 FirstFirst ... 86106116130131132133134135136137138139140 LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Smile

i love Lin still anyway time is moving forward he will come back anyway to Knicks

for now he have no one to play in Houston only Asik i dont know IF Rockets will be in playoffs

some1 maybe have some magazines in PDF with him ?

Lurker

Lin still had a lot to prove. And still has. I'm not that upset over losing him. The Knicks didnt want him to retire a Knick so it is what it is. Time to move on.

Lin still has the chance to retire a knick he'll be a free agent in 3 years right? who knows what will happen.

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    Lin still has the chance to retire a knick he'll be a free agent in 3 years right? who knows what will happen.
    This is actually a really good point. After seeing how they brought Felton back in and how much he has been motivated to play well for the knicks vs. his year with portland I think knicks brass should look at it again. Linsanity 2.0 would be a huge economical boost.

Also on the conspiracy theory some are throwing out that the knicks never had any intention of signing Lin.. I think they may be right. Also put in that they leaked a statement that said "We will match anything up to a billion dollars" and they were just enticing a team like houston to blow their load on him (no homo).

Great post by ughh.

A lot of mistakes were made by the Knicks.

Lin is not to blame here at all.

I think, if you step back and look at it, what happened here is that we let a valuable asset walk for nothing in return. And that's the real tragedy of the situation. And that's a big fall-off by the Knicks.

Come on, Lin is trash. He's been trash this pre season. Felton has been playing better than Lin this pre season. Hell, even Kidd has been playing better than Lin. But, it's only the pre season. So, yeah...

Lin may very well be trash, total garbage, though I personally doubt that he is trash.

The thing is that, over the summer of 2012, Lin had great value, he held great value. And we let this value walk for nothing in return.

This is the tragedy we should all be angry about; it does not matter how Lin turns out, the thing is that we let value walk.

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Great post by ughh.

A lot of mistakes were made by the Knicks.

Lin is not to blame here at all.

I think, if you step back and look at it, what happened here is that we let a valuable asset walk for nothing in return. And that's the real tragedy of the situation. And that's a big fall-off by the Knicks.
    I agree with this and iSaYughh, the Knicks FO are notorious in recent years for letting assets walk for nothing. With the rate we give away our picks I'd have thought a S&T woulda been best thing for both parties given how things turned out.

Lin had so much hype surrounding him, no way a team wouldn't have given us a late 1st or a couple of 2nd rounders for him.

Superstar

Lin has absolutely nothing to work with in houston because their GM is a total moron and traded away great players for random midround picks of guys who can't even get on a plane because their are too scared

We had a perfect set up for lin to succeed. He has a low shooting percentage now but he has never been a good shooter. He just hit a lot of highlight reel clutch shots which made him look better. He was successful when he drove to the basket.

We had two legit bigs in Chandler and Stat that made that EASY for him to find space in the paint because those guys always had to be covered.

And we had Steve Novak who was the deadliest 3 point shooter in the league which really helped boost his assist stats.

Yet houston has jack****

Lin could have just made that comment to still come off as the good guy in this situation. Lin isn't making crazy money this season. He could have made more in endorsements being the general of the Knicks offense. "Money left on the table"?? He won't even see any decent money anytime soon. Bye Lin. I haven't lost any sleep since you left.

Originally Posted by xk3smith
    Lin could have just made that comment to still come off as the good guy in this situation. Lin isn't making crazy money this season. He could have made more in endorsements being the general of the Knicks offense. "Money left on the table"?? He won't even see any decent money anytime soon. Bye Lin. I haven't lost any sleep since you left.
    His last two years are guaranteed at idk what crazy amount $$$.

^ what??? Apparently his 2014/2015 salary is $15 million?? This must be a mistake right?

^^ No, that's true.

I think the latest CBA allowed for back-loaded contracts like this. They call them ticking time bombs I think, I don't know.

I hope that, by Year Three, J-Lin is worth every penny of the 15 mil, I definitely think he can be.

I think the Rockets are gonna be in trouble that season with Lin and Asik as their highest paid players.

Originally Posted by smokes
    ^ what??? Apparently his 2014/2015 salary is $15 million?? This must be a mistake right?
    This explained the whole situation, in summary, the Rockets had to max out the first and 2nd year of his salary at the MLE amount of 5 million(allowing the Knicks the right to use thier MLE to match), then the remaining dollars on the contract are spread evenly through the remaining years of the contract:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]