Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

New New York

Quiet Storm
It does seem like we're setting up to get CP3.

I agree with the other posters that have alluded to this, and ofcourse I'm all for letting Lin walk if it gets the Knicks closer to acquiring him.

How does this bring us any closer to getting Paul?

What don't have the cap to sign him, nor the resources to trade for him?

This is the most shocking turn of events in Knick history!

Dolan paid like 50 million in luxuary taxes for Isiah teams and now this scares him off?

Lin has to be coming back, maybe this is apart of a 3 team deal that lands us a SG?

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE

Dolan paid like 50 million in luxuary taxes for Isiah teams and now this scares him off?

Lin has to be coming back, maybe this is apart of a 3 team deal that lands us a SG?

Maybe we get Kevin Martin?

Paul1355

All Star

u cant sign a player from another team and then trade them until december i believe....that is why Brook Lopez will be a Net until december if the nets choose to trade him

So if we signed Lin we cant trade im anytime soon.

We cant trade Felton and Thomas either

and paul will be a unrestricted FA next year and chose not to sign an extension, people thinking he will sign in LA but if we could somehow get Paul...IDk how but I believe Paul is now looking at this in a totally different llight

NewYorkInferno

Benchwarmer
u cant sign a player from another team and then trade them until december i believe....that is why Brook Lopez will be a Net until december if the nets choose to trade him

So if we signed Lin we cant trade im anytime soon.

We cant trade Felton and Thomas either

and paul will be a unrestricted FA next year and chose not to sign an extension, people thinking he will sign in LA but if we could somehow get Paul...IDk how but I believe Paul is now looking at this in a totally different llight
Melo and Paul have a plan they have been devising at the olympics this year... They have been really smiling pretty bright....

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Melo and Paul have a plan they have been devising at the olympics this year... They have been really smiling pretty bright....

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
It does seem like we're setting up to get CP3.

I agree with the other posters that have alluded to this, and ofcourse I'm all for letting Lin walk if it gets the Knicks closer to acquiring him.

Even if that were true the only way to get Paul is through a trade. I would think having Lin as a young pg with marketability would be needed along with Shump and other pieces to make getting Paul even feasible.

iSaYughh

Starter
Even if that were true the only way to get Paul is through a trade. I would think having Lin as a young pg with marketability would be needed along with Shump and other pieces to make getting Paul even feasible.

+1

Didn't think of this myself, but seems extremely accurate.

Keeping Lin, hoping his value and mass media ($$$$$) appeal stays strong....would be a superb bargaining chip in any deal for CP3.

BillyHoyle

Benchwarmer
So 5 hours ago we were all extremely confident that the Knicks would pay the 15 million third year, even though it was an effective cost of 40 million with the luxury tax included....Then we sign Felton for 3 million per, and now all of a sudden because of this 3 million and the presence of a third pointgard/fourth guard, we think that the money is too much? If they were willing to go that far into the luxury tax yesterday, what is another 3 million?
Until a legitimate report comes out to the contrary, this is great news. We needed another guard to make up for the loss of Fields, and now we have him. Kidd replaces baron, Felton replaces fields, go to sleep, sweet dreams, etc.

And Chris Paul? Chris Paul??? He was so last year....People who say stuff like this need to stop paying attention for the next 3 years until our cap space clears and hope for....drum roll...Kevin Love. Start cheering for him when the Knicks play the Twolves, Klove 2015. Print the Shirts.

diddy_nyc

Rookie
I don't mind this move by the Knicks. Lin's a big question mark as far as I'm concerned. He's played 25 games and Houston is willing too offer this guy 25 mil over 3 years? He sucked in that Miami heat game earlier this year. He as cut twice for a reason. Bottom line

WeReady

Benchwarmer
ladies and gentleman the new york Knick evening news is not done i have some info on The knicks currently about to sign kenyon martin as well I'm just waiting on a link

LeFlume

All Star
Lin is not worth the money Rockets are paying him. It's ridiculous. 25 starts and he is making more money than the #1 draftpick, are you kidding me? From D-league to superstar money in no time. A few good games under MDA and people go nuts. Lin will make 10 Million more than Anthony Davis the next three years. What a joke...

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
I came to Knicks to eat, I mean win, not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, not 8, but 9 GREASY CHAMPIONSHIP BURGERS!
- Raymond Felton

MSG Memorandum

MSG has a new policy in affect: Do not sell food to Raymond Felton.
Any employee violating this policy will be terminated immediately.
- Grunwald

HEY! I came to Knicks to mentor Lin, not to help Felton dieting.
- Jason Kidd

"Hey Raymond, I know this fastfood around MSG that serves greasy burgers..."
- Melo

"Hey Raymond, when you feel frustrated, stop eating and punch a fire extinguisher instead."
- Stat