Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

tiger0330

Legend
I said when we got him Lin would be an Horatio Alger story, just didn't get the country right, said he would be a star in China but damn it might be right here in the Big Apple.

Kid has a future, he even made JJ look good, speaking of JJ the other JJ Jerome James said something about Lin when he was down in the D-League. Seems Jerome followed up his first 25 point D-League game with a pretty poor second one and he said it was because Lin wasn't in the game to create shots for him. Lin can make the game easier for every front line player we have.

Here's his highlights if you haven't seen them.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
65IIO.png

This shit is hilarious....lmao.

We all know to take this with a grain of salt. I think the funny thing is we were so excited to begin the season and still remain starved for consistent solid play...

Lin has flashed.

And Tyson the "Mad Byson" (thanks 8's) Candler is representing, win or lose! I still see potential with our current squad, Mike better recognize.

CoolClyde

Hustle Lin Agin

so, is coach Macaroni a genius for finally playing Hustle Lin, or is he a moron
for not recognizing what he had, until he was forced to play him because of
the back to-back to-back schedule? we've seen this throughout Macaroni's reign,
NOT playing bench players and then surprised by performances (N8 the great).
Perhaps Jordan is the next great undiscovered talent, sitting and sh*tting on the pine,
while Girafferies gets starters minute. Granted, the Giraffe had a career game as well,
but I think Hustle Lin had a lot to do with that. I hope D'oh-lan realizes that Macaroni
is clueless unless the answers are dropped in his lap.

Anyway, I'm glad there's an official Lin game thread, because there's just no need
for 5 threads at once, unless folks just love to start threads to see their name in lights.

Whether the kid can keep this up remains to be seen, but this was, by far, the most
enjoyable game of the season, watching Hustle Lin come into his own, and cementing
what a dozen KO posters have been saying all along, we need a PG, we have a PG,
play the f*cking guy!

Congrats to Hustle Lin, a well-deserved MVP of game, and thus far, of the season.
:gony:

Red

TYPE-A
The Jeremy Lin show

Maybe all Mike needs is smart players to be successful. :shrug:

skisloper

Starter
so, is coach Macaroni a genius for finally playing Hustle Lin, or is he a moron
for not recognizing what he had, until he was forced to play him because of
the back to-back to-back schedule? we've seen this throughout Macaroni's reign,
NOT playing bench players and then surprised by performances (N8 the great).
Perhaps Jordan is the next great undiscovered talent, sitting and sh*tting on the pine,
while Girafferies gets starters minute. Granted, the Giraffe had a career game as well,
but I think Hustle Lin had a lot to do with that. I hope D'oh-lan realizes that Macaroni
is clueless unless the answers are dropped in his lap.

Anyway, I'm glad there's an official Lin game thread, because there's just no need
for 5 threads at once, unless folks just love to start threads to see their name in lights.

Whether the kid can keep this up remains to be seen, but this was, by far, the most
enjoyable game of the season, watching Hustle Lin come into his own, and cementing
what a dozen KO posters have been saying all along, we need a PG, we have a PG,
play the f*cking guy!

Congrats to Hustle Lin, a well-deserved MVP of game, and thus far, of the season.
:gony:

Listen lets not kid ourselves....No coach has given LIN an NBA shot ...
Dantonio just like Larry Brown ( has rings ) is very stubborn and set in his ways .

Antoni did start Landy as shooting guard in his rookie season and has stuck with him through his slump this season and we are now seeing Fields playing better then he ever has.....Not sure Landry would have that shot on another team...

whats mind boggling was the Celtics game.....If he played LIN in the second half would we have back to back to wins ?

Lin stated " against the Celtic"s you cannot get open shots you need to pass the ball due to their trap defense "........There is no way that though ever crossed Shump's mind or TD's mind during a game...

The guy has a high Bball IQ.....so at least we now have HOPE...

If he starts at PG and Fields at SG....we will have the smartest backcourt in the NBA....too bad their is no Q and A for all-star weekend

Scipio

Benchwarmer
If I had seen aliens landing on my back lawn I would have been less shocked than I was when Lin sat out the second half against the Celtics and Toney Douglas took his minutes.

Just proves what a moron our coach is. Let`s be honest, if last nights game wasn`t the third game in as many nights then Lin wouldn`t have got a minute.

One wonders what might happen if Jerome Jordan would get a chance. Under this coach he has two chances. None and none.

Number3

Benchwarmer
Jeremy Lin , as he said, he still hasnt practiced along with the starting line up... wait til he gets more used to them... and he'll get better at shooting.... anybody can get better at shootin.. but no one can get better at basketball IQ that jeremy has.. so i think he'll do great

jzero29

Rotation player
i was killing lin the other day. i still think he has some weaknesses n teams may catch on to how to defend him. but damn, maybe dude can run this offense. maybe hes what we needed all along. god bless my knickerbockers. what a win! i was at the game tnite btw..
I have been saying he is worth a look, his limited playing time with the knicks since his call up, has been very productive in small minutes. We need a PG, he doesn't have to score, but needs to keep his assist numbers up.
Lin sure did put all his doubters in place tonight.

Sometimes basketball isnt about who's stronger, faster or more athletic, but, about who's smarter and can process what they see quickly...
I have been saying give the guy a chance...that said, NJ is terrible,so lets not get ahead of ourselves. He's a young rookie, who has potential...he undoubtedly will have some bad games and growning pains, Undoubtedly will have a lot of pressure to deal with as a rookie especially because we are PG deprived. For now I think Lin would be a great back up(better then TD,bibby and shumpert at PG. TD and Shumpert styles not true PG, better for shooting guard)....eventually Lin maybe a good starter if he progresses, but he should be eased into it. Not thrown to the toughest position as a rookie to save his teams season and coaches job.
I'd like to see him get 20-25 min a game...increasing if he stays consistent.

jzero29

Rotation player
slow down!!!

DWill is top 5 but Lin is top 3...right there with paul and rose, he'll be better then both them soon
I love Lin, I'm happy he has started getting minutes. but this was his first big game. His first big minutes and He came through big time in this one game...lets see if he can play consistently before we put him in the top 5...
the potential is there! but I expect hime to settle into a 10-14 PPG with 6-9 APG.
imo Paul has dropped out of the top five since he got injured about two years ago.

The high IQ players are taking over

1. Nash
2. Rubio
3. Lin
4. Rose
5. Andre Miller

Rose is the only exceptionally athletic player in the top 5. He's also not dumb.
see above...he's not top 5 untill he closes out the season after performing top 5.

jzero29

Rotation player
The biggest criticism if Lin was he plays out of control...well when I watched the highlights of last nights game...he did look a little wild, but his speed, passing and wildness reminded me of someone...steve nash. If you ever watch him play, he plays fast and looks out of control penetrating, but his passes are true dimes and he doesn't turn the ball over so much. Nash is controlled , just looks wild because of his speed, I see that in Lin, maybe a pipe dream but I hope he can develope to that level!

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Some people are saying that we shouldn`t forget that he was only playing against the Nets. That is true of course but he did shut down Derron Williams in terms of scoring and there were times when he made Williams look foolish when Lin was driving at him.

It may have only been against the Nets but many people think that Derron Williams is the best point guard in the game. Lin made him look bad last night.

It`s only one game but the kid has the skills, that is obvious. I think that with time and development he will improve. We shouldn`t get carried away though, let`s wait to see what else he can do.

New New York

Quiet Storm
6"3 200lbs, strong...

A penetrating passing PG? When was the last time we had someone like that? Yep, Steph.

Lin is strong, special...has high IQ.

We have dumb guards...sorry but Shumpert and Douglas are dumbasses...Lin is making the orchestrating the offense look like rocket science to Iman and Toney.

Shump is a rookie playing out of positoin....Douglas is 3 years in he is the one we should expect more from!

I think Lin is more JJ Berea than Steph

D Will is one of the worst perimeter Defenders in the league which is why Lin got to the rack so easily, Steph routinely got there against the leagues top Defenders when he was focused and playing well for us.