1. The Little Emperor

2. The Asian Starbury

3. Linbury

4. The Yellow Mamba

5. Hustle Lin

6. The Golden Child

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I don't think so, firstly because he's American and secondly because he's of Taiwanese origin and there is always a lot of aversion between mainland (single-party) China and (democratic) Taiwan.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
Bro he's definitely selling jerseys in asian countries right now... doesnt matter chinese japanese korean malaysian whatever asians all look the same

IDK about you guys but i seriously cant wait to see him play again, hopefully starting vs the Jazz

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Bro he's definitely selling jerseys in asian countries right now... doesnt matter chinese japanese korean malaysian whatever asians all look the same

IDK about you guys but i seriously cant wait to see him play again, hopefully starting vs the Jazz
sw50sw8sw578.gif

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I don't think so, firstly because he's American and secondly because he's of Taiwanese origin and there is always a lot of aversion between mainland (single-party) China and (democratic) Taiwan.

Thanks, I stand corrected.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Lin Nicknames
I think it's a it early for the kid to be getting nicknames... but I liked the Golden Child for NY's hero-from-Harvard.

Thankfully when scouts look into Asia, it won't be for 7' glass-cannons. (Seriously, from Yao Ming to Manute Bol to Shawn Bradley to Keith Van Horn... what's up with picking skinny giants? At least Dirk bulked up a it over the years.)

metrocard

Legend
Shump is a rookie playing out of positoin....Douglas is 3 years in he is the one we should expect more from!

I think Lin is more JJ Berea than Steph

D Will is one of the worst perimeter Defenders in the league which is why Lin got to the rack so easily, Steph routinely got there against the leagues top Defenders when he was focused and playing well for us.

JJ is 5"11, Lin is 6"3. His size is closer to Marbury. Lin drives to the paint like Steph. JJ penetrates, but Jin does it by using his angles...Barea relies on quickness and timing.

I don't think Williams is one of the worst, I've seen Williams play some great defense in his career.

Lin was just seeing plays ahead of people.

iJoe

Rotation player
Lets not get too ahead of ourselves. Jeremy Lin looks like a decent rotation player, but he's definitely not anywhere near elite yet.

Things will get harder for him once teams actually start scouting him and start forcing him out of his comfort zone.

Some games he's gonna look terrible and others will be encouraging. Welcome to developing a young inexperienced player. The key is letting him develop instead of freakin going into a panic every time he has a bad game.

Seriously these boards are really discouraging on how fast people ride the wave. You want to have a player's babies one game and the next day you want to trade him for next to nothing.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
next game he isnt going to do what everyone is expecting him to do then shizzee is going to package him to guam then every one will get mad at him then the "jeremy lin is a fraud" threads will come then d'antoni will be fired again then somehow stat is going to be blamed then melo will be blamed then ca7 will suck his dick then baron davis will return then his back will get soar then his return will be postponed to next week then the cycle will go on

DrB

Benchwarmer
He consistantly gets to the basket BUT

Well he is from Harvard lol.

But I really hope Lin can keep this up. We can't get to excited over just one game because both Shump and Douglass have had fantastic games but have absolutely no offensive consistency.

Lin is obviously intelligent, has good speed, and has a surprising aggresive demeanour. Now he's got to work on his ball handling, jump shooting, and passing.

he doesn't finish like a Derrick ROSE....or a DWAYNE WADE WADE. I saw the highlight youtubes "my colleagues in pain" put up...on the LIN thread.
****** He is the only point guard on the Knicks with an understanding of how to make AMARE and TC better.************
Bibby is one who is so past his prime he can no longer defend the current speed in the league.
Shumpert needs to come off the bench. He would be an excellant 6th man...come in , make some steals and a few fast hoops with his amazing intensity but he CAN NOT RUN this team yet from the PG position.
Landry can score WHEN IT DOES NOT COUNT...his last shot in the Boston LOSE was a real CHOKE.....
I know MELO..he's playing very hurt.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
next game he isnt going to do what everyone is expecting him to do then shizzee is going to package him to guam then every one will get mad at him then the "jeremy lin is a fraud" threads will come then d'antoni will be fired again then somehow stat is going to be blamed then melo will be blamed then ca7 will suck his dick then baron davis will return then his back will get soar then his return will be postponed to next week then the cycle will go on

haha Typical NYK .

He's more of a Rajon Rondo then a Lin. He has absolutely no shot. Every point he mad except for 2 mid range jumpers were off of driving inside (not that there is anything wrong with that). That being said he has great ball handle, hes really smart on his drives i loves how he tucks the ball into his chest and doesnt try anything fancy, he just looks for a score and is always aware of who his nearest man is just in case he gets in trouble. Hes an extremly smart player. He doesn't need to have a 3 point shot as long as he can shoot at least an open mid range jumper he will be fine.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Seriously these boards are really discouraging on how fast people ride the wave. You want to have a player's babies one game and the next day you want to trade him for next to nothing.
Yup. The Internet Trollpits.. I mean, forums, move very quickly. FWIW, I agree that Lin is still new at this (playing PG under D'Antoni with the Knicks) and hasn't been tested in a real harsh environment repeatedly yet.

I'm agreeing with Metrocard :shrug: -- Lin is looking like Marbury. That doesn't sit too well with me since I still view Starbury as more of a SG or Combo-Guard than PG. As shown recently by Derrick Rose, it's a highly effective mix if you can work the rest of the team around it, but it's still not a pure PG.