Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

p0nder

Starter
While I agree that I'm disapointed in the team letting Lin go, especially after fighting for bird rights on him and saying "we'll match anything up to a billion dollars" I'm not surprised. Dolan is known for this ****, always playing the game from his gut, not his brain, not from trusted advoisors or even the commish of the friggin league who has GIFTED Dolan GM's like Donnie who put in winning formulas, only to be pushed out by JD.

Giving guys like H20 wayyyy too much money was just the start of it and it's been going on ever since. It's Dolan who makes this franchise a laughing stock. Letting Lin go was a bad move and came from Dolan's stubborn ways of not wanting to get fleeced by some young punk out of harvard (who was doing what any smart person would do in that situation).

However I don't believe Lin will consistently produce at 15 and 7 and/or stay healthy. I know Felton CAN produce consistently at that level (or above) and comes cheaper then Lin (who's contract would have the knicks paying almost 100 Million over 3 years, that's better then Amar'e money).

Lin is a good player and will find himself a niche in Houston, running the show there and being the volume scorer he can be. But on the Knicks team with Melo and STAT we need a pick'n'roll guard who is better at setting players up. Felton is that guy and has a level of chemistry with STAT that will pay off better.

The proof will be in the pudding here in a few short months, but I still believe that Felton will be a better fit on this team. He might not average Lin's numbers but as far as a fit for this team I believe in Felton at the 1.

Still the fact remains that the Knicks had a viable asset in their roster that they could have signed and then traded later to get back better value/position/role players. From that slant I am much more upset, especially given that we have virtually no draft picks coming and are not dealing from a position of power should there be an injury to a major piece of our team. Lin was a pawn that should have been used to a better advantage.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Felton avg better numbers in the same system.

Felton has never avg less than 5 assists per in his career.

Lin broke the turnovers record.

Speaking of career, Felton is a vet, rarely hurt, and has more playoff experience.

Lin broke down in less than half a season.

Lin has trouble with his handle.

Lin has trouble against pressure defense.

Lin couldn't get Stat & Melo going.

Felton plays defense.

Felton has proven to be solid in multiple systems.

Felton was the player to make-or-break a deal for a Star.

Lin was passed on by multiple teams and about to be cut for a third time.

STOP DRINKING THE COOL-AID. You are not worthy to refute my stance because you are a shock-posting clown.

And just in case you have any reservations about my stance on this

Circle the Knicks vs the Rockets on your calendar and hopefully IF Lin is better than 85%, you will witness the beating we are going to put on them, specifically what Felton is going to do to Lin. Book it.

Unlike many, Felton has heart, he ain't no sucker. He will be taking this personal. That's my type of player... no homo.
repped_gif_11060924.gif

I don't get why some people still have trouble figuring out Lin is an AVERAGE pg who's game needs more work to get to the next level

tiger0330

Legend
I just wanna leave this here
Marc Berman
Jeremy Lin was asked at his Houston press conference about a perception he did not want to play in playoffs. It is such a bogus premise to be mindbloggling. The concern should be why he wasn't closer to 100 percent, why he still couldn't jump and dunk after about six weeks. A torn meniscus means a level of arthritis existed at age 23. Not good. Only #Knicks and Rockets knows the level found in his removed cartilage. But Knicks let him leave. So it may tell you something.
Lin's injury was minor for a meniscus tear, they didn't even have to repair the tear, just trimmed some loose material around the knee and according to this doctor it should not be a problem in the future.

According to Lin he wanted to play but was advised by teammates to not play and Dolan himself told him not to rush back. Plus the Knicks were in a 3-1 hole where the limited minutes he would have played in game 5 would not have made any difference.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2012/07/19/buyer-beware-when-it-comes-to-andrew-bynum/

Red

TYPE-A
And white people have a problem with black athletes making too much money(insert melo here). It's amazing that it only takes 25 games for Lin "prove" himself.. I guess "Linsanity" really is a certifiable, medical condition. All it takes is 25 games for in Ivy League playing, D-league bench warmer to prove himself. 25 games is not even a college season. And Ivy league???? Those aren't even scholarship athletes. Those are rich daddies boys who are playing basketball to get co-eds. Felton played at North Carolina and is an established pro. This is crazy.....But not surprising for KO.COM, the basketball bizarro world where rookie, one hit wonder who have played 1/4 of an NBA season are better than established pro-ballers:(.

PREACH! :thumbsup:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
If the next level is Felton, Lin should stay on the level he is at now.
Lin has more of an upside than Felton, but arguably Felton FITS with this team and compliments this team MORE than Lin does, as RED said in his previous post, Lin didn't get Amare and Carmelo going, they looked noticeably confused on offense at times.

Lin and Amare never got that P&R rolling.

Lin and Carmelo never figured out how to play smoothly with each other

Lin prefers ball dominating and running offense. ( Woody is NOT Dantoni so thats not happening here)

Kidd was brought here to mentor Lin.. you know why?? because LIN still needs to learn the GAME, why is this so hard to understand?

Felton been in the league what 7 years now soon to be 8 years, he's more NBA polished than Lin... he already knows how to play at different speeds, he already knows how to play through the pressure defenses, he already seen all the defensive adjustments teams throw at you in games, he already been in the playoffs. Can jason kidd still teach Felton a thing or 2? HELL YEAH he can, but does he need as much work on his game as jermey Lin? HELL NO he doesn't.

With Melo your better off having PG, who has the ability to catch & shoot, operate without the ball, play under pressure, and get the ball where it needs to be... Felton is much more closer to being that type of PG than Lin, Felton has the ability to play off the ball and run P&R's with Amare the chemistry is already there.

To SUM this up, i guarantee you AMARE & CARMELO will feel more comfortable with Felton and Kidd running the point more than they would have with Lin still here.

Last edited:

WeReady

Benchwarmer
repped_gif_11060924.gif

I don't get why some people still have trouble figuring out Lin is an AVERAGE pg who's game needs more work to get to the next level

Red's comments are based on opinions instead of actual fact when it was proven in this very thread that Lin is better Felton. Reference the TruHoop article written by Henry Abbot On espn.com

Either way I hope everyone here has already gone through their 7 stages of grief and is ready to move on from this even though Dolan made our historic franchise look juvenile and un-classy as Wilbon put it. The smear campaign that is going on in the MSG PR department is just amazing to me. Not one time do they doubt his gifts but Blast him for being "big-Headed" and "unloyal" to the team that gave him is shot? SMH!

Excuse me but the slaves were freed along time ago. Where do these people get off? Do me a favor and read those articles in ESPN Six degrees of separation. It's very enlightening to read from all angles Everyone screwed the pooch on this one but it comes down to the figure head up top and he makes emotional decisions when it comes to business. Always have and always will

And to everyone that loves the kid he may not be on the team anymore and true it would have been special to watch him grow but people are acting like he left the NBA. if you really wanted to, you can watch a couple rockets games to see how he is doing. Its not like he is going anywhere he just secured his future. I still catch Denver games from time to time to see how Wilson Chandler and Gallo is doing wishing to death somehow the knicks could bring back either one to be our six man off the bench. But we all know that thats not going to happen.

And for the record those that keep reference 85% and the 1 Miami game and blowing it up to epic proportions Stop Using STEPHEN ASS SMITH as your guiding light. That man is put in place to rile up the masses and entertain. THAT IS ALL. HIS WHOLE ARGUMENT HAS BEEN STRIPPED 5 TIMES OVER BY MANY SPORTS ANALYSTS. It is revisionist history at best. It has been said and proven that this kid COULD NOT CUT RUN OR JUMP, AND WAS NOT CLEARED TO PLAY how many times to people have to say and/or reference this FACTS. Not speculation in which ASS SMITH lives and breathes in. AND WOW OMG he had a bad game against MIAMI.EVERYONE DOES THEY EVEN SHUT DOWN DERRICK ROSE! knowing that he was the end all and be all on the BULLS so give me a break. At least when you make an argument look at everything from all perspectives and the FACTS surrounding the case.

And Lastly, for the personnel that we have on this team Felton is a better fit plain and simple. Because he has enough juice that carmelo respects and dosent need the ball in his hands to be effective. We have to many scorers on this roster as is. All MELO WANTS IS A PG TO BRING UP THE BALL AND GIVE IT DIRECTLY TO HIM PERIOD. Lin would of spread the love around however this is not LINS TEAM. OUR TEAM NEXT YEAR WILL BE PREDICATED ON HALF-COURT SET OFFENSE, not an uptempo open court system that Lin thrives in, therefore Lin's talents will be rendered useless.

MELO has completely wiped STAT out of the equation. I highly doubt we will see PNR's with Felton-STAT like we did in early 2010-2011 season. For better or for worse this is Melo's Team and he got upset that he was being outshined by Lin, because of the team functioning as one and Lin being at the head of that not him. That was the whole concept of Linsanity, not that this player was putting up crazy stats but that the kid was getting everyone involved, made everyone better, and played defense as a unit. HELL TWO MEMBERS OF HIS TEAM GOT PAID IN NOVAK (another waiver wire gem) and Fields because of him

This is something Melo has demonstrated in his career that he hasn't done on the NBA level yet. Galvanize his teammates and play as one because he is just not that type of player. He is me-first at the detriment of the team, guy . Therefore Felton fits right in because we don't need a superstar PG for Carmelo just an average guy to bring the ball up and then go stand in the corner while he goes to work.
So when you think about it it is best that Lin takes his talents to Houston to develop his game and become the person that we think he can be or at worst a back-up that Larry Brown suggested. He dosent have to be surrounded by me-first players in MELO AND JR BRICKS who are going to be jealous and upset that limelight ins not on them. Things that have nothing to do with performance and effectiveness on the basketball court.

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
And white people have a problem with black athletes making too much money(insert melo here).

You and Ginger are both 'tards. No, I don't mean this as an inflammatory insult like I would to Ginger, but Jimbo....I mean you are literally an ignorant bigot.

Allow me to expose you again --

Assertion: White People Have A Problem With Black Athletes Making Money, Because Some White Posters Have A Problem With Melo.

Then why do many black people have a problem with Melo too?

But, more importantly:

Basic Rejection Of Your Punk-Dumb Assertion: Same White People Who Have Problem With Melo, Have Zero Problem With Other Black Athletes Making As Much Or More Than Melo, including NYK and non-NYK.

When you bloviate and gum-flap like this, you resemble this:

lindsay-smh.jpg

JimQueef has less rep than a one-legged greyhound, but Red, you should really know better than to start another bandwagon and herd-frenzy against Lin, and keep invoking race into this. It's just going to be added to the list of things the 2013 season is going to brutally expose you over. You're better than that.

And who gives a **** if Lin got extra juice (and helped make MSG juice) because he was Asian.

Newsflash: this is what happens when a minority in a particular field rises into the public eye and does well.

Newsflash 2: this happens most often with black athletes.

tiger0330

Legend
Stop Using STEPHEN ASS SMITH as your guiding light. That man is put in place to rile up the masses and entertain. THAT IS ALL. HIS WHOLE ARGUMENT HAS BEEN STRIPPED 5 TIMES OVER BY MANY SPORTS ANALYSTS. It is revisionist history at best. It has been said and proven that this kid COULD NOT CUT RUN OR JUMP, AND WAS NOT CLEARED TO PLAY how many times to people have to say and/or reference this FACTS. Not speculation in which ASS SMITH lives and breathes in. AND WOW OMG he had a bad game against MIAMI.EVERYONE DOES THEY EVEN SHUT DOWN DERRICK ROSE! knowing that he was the end all and be all on the BULLS so give me a break. At least when you make an argument look at everything from all perspectives and the FACTS surrounding the case.
Stephen A. Melo JR Smith and some of the members on KOL all have demonstrated they have Floyd Mayweather syndrome. Plain hating on Lin because he's Asian.

I doubted Lin myself at first but a blind man can see he has talent. JVG said his floor is a very good backup and his ceiling is a very good starter all he needs is time to prove either case.

iSaYughh

Starter
repped_gif_11060924.gif

Average PGs don't do what Lin did last season. How could that be?

Lin is primed *to* continue improving, as he obviously is still very imperfect as a player, as you are correct in pointing out. But this is more reason why the contract was a *very* good one for us to have the opportunity to sign off on.

His age, and the enhanced coaching, help, and support he will be provided since his rise point to a liklihood of ongoing growth, starting immediately.

This isn't baseball. You just can't do what Lin did, and have that effect, and have it be some fluke. You don't have that type of sustained run, that effect on an entire team, show that poise from the PG position (despite the lack of experience and sustained support from coaches), and those types of exceptional singular performances.....if you aren't legit.

Good is as good does.

Also, not directed at you or ur post, but people need to get over what they think is and isn't a good contract; it's mad subjectivity obscuring reality.

Reality is the marketplace of the NBA "overpays", it is in "overpay" mode. But it isn't overpaying at a certain point. The same way Bernard King was never "underpaid".

Look at the contracts NYK have made in the past decade, Lin's deal would have automatically been towards the top 10% probably of non-bad, quality ones -- and Lin's performance over the next three years has the chance to make that contract look like a total bargain and coup.

Melo and Amare's deals DEMAND we have guys come here and play like all-stars, yet not get paid like them. It is the only way we will have a chance to compete against MIA and OKC and a couple others, as TRUE contenders.

Lin's contract was extremely favorable to us in this regard. Plus, the ballooning of his final year would have given terrific strategic options in the event we wanted to trade him and make moves in that final 3rd year, of what is a grand 3-year window for us to operate within.

Last edited:

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
MSG stock dropping

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31751_162-57476864-10391697/as-jeremy-lin-heads-south-so-does-msg-stock/

Before anyone says anything I am only providing this article for your information and have not drawn any opinions (that is up to everyone else). I do want to note that although the stock dropped 8.5% down to $35.50, it is still above what it was selling for pre-Linsanity ($29.49).

I know someone else already posted an article previously about Lin's affect on MSG stock (I think it was Linvincible) but this is an update from today. I'm just trying to add to the discussion on what you guys think of this trend after Lin's departure. Would be nice if we could get some people who have a background in business to post (I do not).

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Red's comments are based on opinions instead of actual fact when it was proven in this very thread that Lin is better Felton. Reference the TruHoop article written by Henry Abbot On espn.com

Either way I hope everyone here has already gone through their 7 stages of grief
and is ready to move on from this even though Dolan made our historic franchise look juvenile and un-classy as Wilbon put it. The smear campaign that is going on in the MSG PR department is just amazing to me. Not one time do they doubt his gifts but Blast him for being "big-Headed" and "unloyal" to the team that gave him is shot? SMH!

Excuse me but the slaves were freed along time ago. Where do these people get off? Do me a favor and read those articles in ESPN Six degrees of separation. It's very enlightening to read from all angles Everyone screwed the pooch on this one but it comes down to the figure head up top and he makes emotional decisions when it comes to business. Always have and always will

And to everyone that loves the kid he may not be on the team anymore and true it would have been special to watch him grow but people are acting like he left the NBA. if you really wanted to, you can watch a couple rockets games to see how he is doing. Its not like he is going anywhere he just secured his future. I still catch Denver games from time to time to see how Wilson Chandler and Gallo is doing wishing to death somehow the knicks could bring back either one to be our six man off the bench. But we all know that thats not going to happen.

And for the record those that keep reference 85% and the 1 Miami game and blowing it up to epic proportions Stop Using STEPHEN ASS SMITH as your guiding light. That man is put in place to rile up the masses and entertain. THAT IS ALL. HIS WHOLE ARGUMENT HAS BEEN STRIPPED 5 TIMES OVER BY MANY SPORTS ANALYSTS. It is revisionist history at best. It has been said and proven that this kid COULD NOT CUT RUN OR JUMP, AND WAS NOT CLEARED TO PLAY how many times to people have to say and/or reference this FACTS. Not speculation in which ASS SMITH lives and breathes in. AND WOW OMG he had a bad game against MIAMI.EVERYONE DOES THEY EVEN SHUT DOWN DERRICK ROSE! knowing that he was the end all and be all on the BULLS so give me a break. At least when you make an argument look at everything from all perspectives and the FACTS surrounding the case.

And Lastly, for the personnel that we have on this team Felton is a better fit plain and simple.
Because he has enough juice that carmelo respects and dosent need the ball in his hands to be effective. We have to many scorers on this roster as is. All MELO WANTS IS A PG TO BRING UP THE BALL AND GIVE IT DIRECTLY TO HIM PERIOD. Lin would of spread the love around however this is not LINS TEAM. OUR TEAM NEXT YEAR WILL BE PREDICATED ON HALF-COURT SET OFFENSE, not an uptempo open court system that Lin thrives in, therefore Lin's talents will be rendered useless.

MELO has completely wiped STAT out of the equation. I highly doubt we will see PNR's with Felton-STAT like we did in early 2010-2011 season. For better or for worse this is Melo's Team and he got upset that he was being outshined by Lin, because of the team functioning as one and Lin being at the head of that not him. That was the whole concept of Linsanity, not that this player was putting up crazy stats but that the kid was getting everyone involved, made everyone better, and played defense as a unit. HELL TWO MEMBERS OF HIS TEAM GOT PAID IN NOVAK (another waiver wire gem) and Fields because of him

This is something Melo has demonstrated in his career that he hasn't done on the NBA level yet. Galvanize his teammates and play as one because he is just not that type of player. He is me-first at the detriment of the team, guy . Therefore Felton fits right in because we don't need a superstar PG for Carmelo just an average guy to bring the ball up and then go stand in the corner while he goes to work.
So when you think about it it is best that Lin takes his talents to Houston to develop his game and become the person that we think he can be or at worst a back-up that Larry Brown suggested. He dosent have to be surrounded by me-first players in MELO AND JR BRICKS who are going to be jealous and upset that limelight ins not on them. Things that have nothing to do with performance and effectiveness on the basketball court.

Felton avg better numbers in the same system.---Fact

Felton has never avg less than 5 assists per in his career.---Fact

Lin broke the turnovers record. ---Fact

Speaking of career, Felton is a vet, rarely hurt, and has more playoff experience.
---Fact
Lin broke down in less than half a season.---Fact

Lin has trouble with his handle.---Fact

Lin has trouble against pressure defense.---Fact till further notice

Lin couldn't get Stat & Melo going.---Fact

Felton plays defense.---Opinion

Felton has proven to be solid in multiple systems.---Opinion

Felton was the player to make-or-break a deal for a Star.---Mozgov was

Lin was passed on by multiple teams and about to be cut for a third time.---Fact

STOP DRINKING THE COOL-AID. You are not worthy to refute my stance because you are a shock-posting clown.

And just in case you have any reservations about my stance on this

Circle the Knicks vs the Rockets on your calendar and hopefully IF Lin is better than 85%, you will witness the beating we are going to put on them, specifically what Felton is going to do to Lin. Book it.

Unlike many, Felton has heart, he ain't no sucker. He will be taking this personal. That's my type of player... no homo.

Majority of what Red said were FACTS actually

I stated on the previous page (LAST COMMENT ON THE PAGE) that i felt Lin has a better Upside than Felton, but felton is a Much more better fit for this Knicks system than Lin is.

@WE READy you make alot of great post in that informational post. Repped

Lin is better than Felton? Why because some article says so?? i didn't read the article but because an article says Lin is better than Felton that makes it true? Lin = 25 games Felton = 7 Legit years... Felton is a proven player, Lin is a mystery who outplayed Kobe and now he's one of the best PG's out there?? the Hype on Lin is grossly blown outta proportion

I agree with you i hope everyone is over their grieving stages, face the realities Lin is not here anymore, we can make all the excuses in the world on why he's not here, about who's fault it is, but step into the light, LIN IS A ROCKET NOW MOVE ON.

I also agree with you on the it would of been special to watch Lin grow part, i wanted to match to keep him here long term purposes, Felton already stated he was coming here weather Lin was here or not because he wanted to be here, so i mean there was no win or loss with keeping him. Luxury tax? DOLANS a freaking billionaire.

I strongly agree with you on Felton is a better fit in this system thats what i stated in my previous post on the other page. I feel the comfort level on the court will be more satisfying with Felton at point than it would of been with Lin. I stated my reasons on the other page already on why i feel that way.

Finally, YES Lin is in a better situation in Houston. He can play his style of aggressively attacking the basket and controlling the offense rather than having to cater to Amare and Melo.

WeReady

Benchwarmer

Lin is primed *to* continue improving, as he obviously is still very imperfect as a player, as you are correct in pointing out. But this is more reason why the contract was a *very* good one for us to have the opportunity to sign off on.

His age, and the enhanced coaching, help, and support he will be provided since his rise point to a liklihood of ongoing growth, starting immediately.

This isn't baseball. You just can't do what Lin did, and have that effect, and have it be some fluke. You don't have that type of sustained run, that effect on an entire team, show that poise from the PG position (despite the lack of experience and sustained support from coaches), and those types of exceptional singular performances.....if you aren't legit.

Good is as good does.

Also, not directed at you or ur post, but people need to get over what they think is and isn't a good contract; it's mad subjectivity obscuring reality.

Reality is the marketplace of the NBA "overpays", it is in "overpay" mode. But it isn't overpaying at a certain point. The same way Bernard King was never "underpaid".

Look at the contracts NYK have made in the past decade, Lin's deal would have automatically been towards the top 10% probably of non-bad, quality ones -- and Lin's performance over the next three years has the chance to make that contract look like a total bargain and coup.

Melo and Amare's deals DEMAND we have guys come here and play like all-stars, yet not get paid like them. It is the only way we will have a chance to compete against MIA and OKC and a couple others, as TRUE contenders.

Lin's contract was extremely favorable to us in this regard. Plus, the ballooning of his final year would have given terrific strategic options in the event we wanted to trade him and make moves in that final 3rd year, of what is a grand 3-year window for us to operate within.

+1 Repped:beer:

iSaYughh

Starter
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31751_162-57476864-10391697/as-jeremy-lin-heads-south-so-does-msg-stock/

Before anyone says anything I am only providing this article for your information and have not drawn any opinions (that is up to everyone else). I do want to note that although the stock dropped 8.5% down to $35.50, it is still above what it was selling for pre-Linsanity ($29.49).

I know someone else already posted an article previously about Lin's affect on MSG stock (I think it was Linvincible) but this is an update from today. I'm just trying to add to the discussion on what you guys think of this trend after Lin's departure. Would be nice if we could get some people who have a background in business to post (I do not).

It regards MSG/Dolan making/losing money, personally. And their shareholders, of course.

It's implication is to the luxury tax, which Dolan would have had to pay out for Lin.

And the truth this exposes, is that not signing not only had nothing to do with "luxury tax" issues, but that Dolan made a decision that would cost *more* (much more) money; the same type of money, operating in the same realm that Lin's "luxury tax" fallout would have been in.

As fans, we should not give a **** what Dolan pays or doesn't have to pay in luxury tax. Of course, the extraordinary worth of MSG, Dolan's deep pockets, and his liberalness in spending money, is a given.

It is also why we are stuck with Dolan until he dies.

And while it is an attribute to have an owner willing to spend, Dolan's investment into spending and making the NYK a winner is a far cry from someone like Steinbrenner, albeit in a no-cap environment, literally re-inventing the wheel and what it means to invest in a team to make it a winner.

Additionally, Dolan's willingness to spend on the Knicks has had zero correlation to making us a winner. If anything, it has had an inverse effect; and, as mentioned, the bottomline prosperity of MSG is one that will ensure Dolan owns the NYK for life.

*see also: Dolan destroying the NY Rangers as he has destroyed the NYK since shifting more primary focus on to the NYK; and that the Rangers were a laughing stock and basement team for years, despite being the top, or one of the top, spending teams in the NHL.

The final truth that the above points to, is that Dolan's decision to not re-sign Lin had zero to do with basketball, and everything to do with personal spite and ego.

The follow-up question is, who was at fault, and why.

Which can be answered, not with absolute truth, but with the highest % of logic and liklihood by the following:

Lin tested free agency, and worked with an agent who's job is to get him the best deal available, and this was done at the encouragement of Dolan, who refused to simply offer Lin a deal outright.

Dolan decided to turn the Lin re-signing into a game of poker (involving luck, shadiness, and emotion) instead of keeping it a simple game of chess (logic and transparency).

This started with the decision to kick back and insist Lin test free agency.

It followed with various ****-ups and shadiness, which is what happens when you play poker and take those chances (particularly if you play poker poorly):

*Woodson making public declarations about the negotiations

*Melo, Dolan's golden child, disparaging Lin's potential deals, publically

*Other members of the NYK, making accusatory and inflammatory remarks about Lin and his potential deals to the media (ie, JR Smith).

At the same time, the hungry wolves Dolan unleashed (Rockets, Raptors, etc) took their part in trying to convince Lin -- and Lin's agent -- to get the best deal possible, and why Dolan and the NYK were going to **** them.

The origin of this started right when Lin's FA started -- and the NYK did not give Lin the expected, customary first call right when his FA began. And instead, allowed several others teams to contact him first.

To me, it is quite simple:

Dolan's poker game started to blow up in his face, and the Dolan-NYK circus began to bloom.

Lin/Lin's agent got spooked, and still operating under the initial direction of Dolan, worked out a deal that made the most sense to them.

The situation gets dicy, heated, and overly complicated, and starts to explode out of Dolan's control. He gets pissy, directs it at Lin, and all of the **** ups and shadiness and weirdness (Melo, JR, Woodson, etc) go away in one fell swoop as Dolan decides to simply let Lin go.

The issue isn't whether Lin & Co acted perfectly -- the same way nobody expects a poker game to go smoothly, no matter the players, or why only a fool expects to go into a fight with a gameplan and actually think it will go directly to plan.

edit -- MSG stock will likely perform well, as usual, and the NYK will remain what they have always been financially; it only sucks if you bought into MSG during the rise of Lin, assuming him coming back was a sure-thing. I imagine some people aren't too thrilled with Woodson & Co's declarations of certainty.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Lin has more of an upside than Felton, but arguably Felton FITS with this team and compliments this team MORE than Lin does, as RED said in his previous post, Lin didn't get Amare and Carmelo going, they looked noticeably confused on offense at times.

Lin and Amare never got that P&R rolling.

Lin and Carmelo never figured out how to play smoothly with each other

Lin prefers ball dominating and running offense. ( Woody is NOT Dantoni so thats not happening here)

Kidd was brought here to mentor Lin.. you know why?? because LIN still needs to learn the GAME, why is this so hard to understand?

Felton been in the league what 7 years now soon to be 8 years, he's more NBA polished than Lin... he already knows how to play at different speeds, he already knows how to play through the pressure defenses, he already seen all the defensive adjustments teams throw at you in games, he already been in the playoffs. Can jason kidd still teach Felton a thing or 2? HELL YEAH he can, but does he need as much work on his game as jermey Lin? HELL NO he doesn't.

With Melo your better off having PG, who has the ability to catch & shoot, operate without the ball, play under pressure, and get the ball where it needs to be... Felton is much more closer to being that type of PG than Lin, Felton has the ability to play off the ball and run P&R's with Amare the chemistry is already there.

To SUM this up, i guarantee you AMARE & CARMELO will feel more comfortable with Felton and Kidd running the point more than they would have with Lin still here.

I apologize for not reading this earlier post but it didn't come up as i was writing a post of my own. These are great points that should be re-iterated to everyone

And the ESPN article that i referenced compared the two stats from last year essentially saying that at this point Lin is better than Felton and because he is younger he has more upside and room for growth. We already know what Felton is and average Pg and for this system as we are both on agreement on he is the best fit for two ball dominate scorers

P.S. i want to rep you for the post but it says i have to spread the love around first

Last edited:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★

Good is as good does.

Lin's first few games starting were impressive and it was a nice story to read about i'm not knocking that, the Lin-Sanity stuff was fun and all but at the end of the day i'm not SOLD on him why should i be? for 25 games??? ( He's Ok). Part of why he was able to explode and dominate is because teams had NO IDEA who he was or how he played. On top of that the teams he did dominate were what? non playoff teams?...minus The non motivated Mavs which just about all the NBA teams were slapping around and a 50% healthy jason kidd? Old derrick fisher and the Lakers who just came off of back to back games? the bulls and Derrick rose who just came off a bad injury and was rusty???

The Miami Heat already showed me, Lin is average and still has along way to go before he's this (ELITE PG) many seem to make him out of. (Non average PG's) don't get Locked up the way Chalmers and Cole locked Lin up, his games is still very flawed, many people were disappointed/Shocked after that game expecting Lin to come in and Drop (LINSANITY NUMBERS), if anything the game showed (he's just not there yet) i remember one play he literally walked the ball over and put it in Carmelo's hands. Average PG to me? YES... Average pg to you??? Perhaps not. We all have our views on players

Once teams started catching on to his game and the scouting report was on him his production slowly started coming down and down and down, Once Dantoni left and Carmelo came back his production continued to come down and down and down, Once woodson Stepped on the stage Linsanity was completely DONE.

I'm not knocking Lin's talent, and i do agree Lin is primed to continue improving (as of right now. yes i do believe he is still average.. but will get better) my thing is ... How does Lin fit with the was this team is built? I still think Felton is a better fit for the way this team is built and ran by woodson.

You mean to tell me your paying Lin 25 mill to dish the ball to Carmelo and Amare?? FOR WHAT? ( if Dantoni was still here i can see why Lin is ideal for this system) but under woodson? Lin just does not fit to me that's just how i feel.

and to wrap it up, even though i feel Lin does not fit with Amare and Carmelo, i still wanted to match the 25 mill because Lin as you said will continue to improve and as iv'e stated before in 2015 we would of had a chance to build around a much more polished Lin and Shumpert.

But i'm not MAD at the decision of not matching either,im not torn about it and im not butt hurt about it. It is what it is.. Lin is gone.. he's a rocket.. if their is anytime for Lin to prove he's not "average" his time is now in Houston where he is "THE GUY".. he's in a better position with the Rockets to get to the next level than he would of been in New york.

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
repped_gif_11060924.gif

Average PG'S don't do what he did last season. Lin was putting up some of the greatest stat lines of all time for a stretch.

You seem like an intelligent dude with some ability to judge talent but I don't know where you're getting this assessment.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Average PG'S don't do what he did last season. Lin was putting up some of the greatest stat lines of all time for a stretch.

You seem like an intelligent dude with some ability to judge talent but I don't know where you're getting this assessment.
lol, i might as well copy and paste the same thing i said to Isayughh because NOBODY has yet to enlighten me on how Lin is NOT an average PG

Lin (WAS) <-- keyword WAS putting up the greatest stat lines of all time for a STRETCH <--- another keyword... so what happened after the "stretch" was over?? the STATS reduced down to reality right? you really think teams are not going to catch on to Lins game and cut off areas he was thriving at? the defensive adjustment from teams to defend Lin slowly exposed his flaws, and brought Lin back down to reality numbers, and until Lin improves aspects of his game next season teams will CONTINUE to exploit Jeremy Lin... only this time he's going to be in Houston as much more of a marked man because he's going to be "THEY GUY" in Houston, where now teams can really LOCK into Lin because there's no other STAR player on the floor.

Theres no Tyson chandlers on Houston to thrive with in the P&R, Theirs not STEVE NOVAKS to shoot lights out and help spread the floor. The Rockets just blew their team up, Lin will struggle when he gets their but i do believe he will get better as a player.

GREAT PG's put up the numbers all through out the year (no matter what team, what defense, or what player you throw at them) chris paul, derrick rose, rondo, Deron, Westbrook, Nash, Parker

AVERAGE/GOOD PG's have their moments in where there going to shine and maybe sometimes "WOW" you the Felton, LIN, Teague, Dragic, Conley, Holiday

Please stop trying to make Lin into something he's not as of YET, maybe i'm using the wrong word in average. LIN IS A GOOD PG

IMO, Lin TO ME is an average PG with potential no matter how many times you try to convince me he's not and no matter how many times you tell me to..

"go look at what he did to Kobe and the Lakers"

"go look at the points he put up"

"go look at all the Lin-sanity signs"

Until Lin

-Improves his handles
-Limits his turnovers
-shows he can play on more than one speed
-Shows he can Dominate no matter what defense the opponent plays
-Shows he can go left
-Shows cutting off the pick & roll doesn't bother him
-Shows no defensive adjustment bothers him
-shows he can stop falling on the floor
-And shows when a PG gets up in his grill and applies pressure he can withstand it, without it bothering his game

Then ok i can see your points in not saying he's an average PG

So if Lin's not an average PG please tell me what he can possibly be? i really need to grasp this... Did he turn into Deron Williams, Chris Paul, or Derrick rose over night and im not up to date on the breaking News?

Last edited: