• Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 10 of 140 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516304060 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin

And of course, the Jeremy Lin rap

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

not bad lol....early for a song much?

Veteran

if you go on Jeremy Lin's website ( his friends ) you can catch a glimpse of when he went up against Wall in the summer league....

also below are some quotes from the Knicks players from palying against him.
    "Those who have defended him say that Lin has an extremely rare arsenal of moves—the byproduct of posture, bent knees and peculiar fundamentals. And while being a dribbling expert sounds as exciting as being a chef who specializes in porridge, Lin has made it a devastating art. Knicks guard Iman Shumpert, who first guarded Lin during lockout exhibition games and now does in practice, said his possessions play out like this: When he's close to the basket, he starts an "in-and-out" dribble with his knees bent and his arm straight forward, creating the idea he can go inside or outside—and he does both. All of this is combined with what Jerome Jordan calls a "lethal first step." Lin is, in short, the NBA's undetectable star.

"He's got these moves—he's so fast and he's not playing high, he's playing so low that he's attacking your knees with this dribble. It's in a place where as soon as you make a move he just blows past you," Shumpert said. "To be that low, to have it that far out with your arms, it's pretty rare. I've never seen it."

Shumpert, known as a good defender, said there's nothing you can do to take his dribble away and he does not let up. Lin has other moves, with teammates praising his crossover dribble. When he uses these moves to get to the basket (and he always gets there), he does one of three things: finishes at the rim; passes to center Tyson Chandler, who will be open due to the defense collapsing on Lin; or finding an outside shooter, who are the most open of all due to Lin's penetration.

"It's the quickness that's low to the ground. I'm not saying he's like [Bulls guard] Derrick Rose or anything, but when you watch D-Rose closely, he's low to the ground and when you're that low and that fast, you see [Lin's success]," said Bill Walker.

Lin, who holds an economics degree, said he spent most of his summers working on dribbling, but cannot pinpoint when he developed the stealth movements he's burning the league with. "I'm working on trying to make it more deceptive," Lin said."

ITS really hard to beleive that NO NBA team gave this guy a real shot.....Hate to see it and say it but one thing its a bit racist......

ALL I DO IS LIN!!!

Lurker

whats the best Jeremy Lin T Shirt you guys have seen?

Superstar

Default Lin

In a post on a thread prior to Lin's breakout games I suggested something like -- If we think Lin will be an upgrade we're dreaming. Shows you what I know.

My opinion, however, was based on an assumption that one can not expect much from a guy who has been cut from two other marginal teams. I am continually amazed at how clueless NBA talent evaluators seem to be.

What is exciting about Lin is that his two great games were not exceptional, and possibly black swan rare, displays of shooting prowess but, rather, truly skilled all around point guard play. He gets to the rim.

Derrick Rose is exceptional in getting to the rim. Tony Parker has always amazed me. I do not know how he continually weaves his way through big men and gets his shot off. Ty Lawson relies on speed to beat people to the rim. John Wall also gets there with speed. Lin is quick, but does not have their speed. Lin appears to be Parker like, though apparently he has more difficulty going left than going right. Shumpert and Douglas always seem to run into road blocks when attempting to penetrate.

Lin dominates the ball as good point guards should be doing. He will create openings for others. It will be interesting to see how his game proceeds in the two week period without Melo and how it proceeds when Melo gets back.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

How long before he gets endorsement deals?

I'm ready for some Lin kicks!!!

Will he go Adidas, Nike, Converse or maybe some starburys? LOL

The Jeremy song:

Banned

This guy might be something special, lol @ the shot at 1:25

Jeremy Lin: Name of the Gam (vs Utah)

Linvincible (vs Nets)

My Jeremy Lin mixes check them out

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    ITS really hard to beleive that NO NBA team gave this guy a real shot.....Hate to see it and say it but one thing its a bit racist......
    I don't think it was any bias, I think he has flaws that just make you wonder if he can sustain this run he's on. He favors going right, he has this odd jump shot he shoots from the side of his head and he's not a good jump shooter and he can be turnover prone. So do you have a one trick pony that is fools gold once teams figure out how to take away his go to move of slashing to the basket. Time will tell but I like how he defends and his energy and hustle and I do enjoy watching him play.

Veteran

Definite bias.

Scouting is still based in some degree on emotion and unquantifiable, archaic notions of "what your *eyes* tell you", and what you "see", and "feel".

It was rampant in baseball, though obviously got better once baseball scouting and baseball performance became so quantifiable (Moneyball philosophy being the pinnacle of this, at least regarding public awareness).

But the same inefficiencies and biases that infected MLB scouting effect the NBA. And the NFL,

see: players and scouts talking opening about white receivers, a la Packer WR Jordy Nelson, being underestimated and under scouted.

This isn't an issue of racism, either, or bigotry. Even if the bias is rooted in race or ethnicity. It's real root is in the battle between emotion and archaic thinking and modern day statistics and the quantifiable ways you can discern performance and success in sports through "science".

Veteran

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Definite bias.

Scouting is still based in some degree on emotion and unquantifiable, archaic notions of "what your *eyes* tell you", and what you "see", and "feel".

It was rampant in baseball, though obviously got better once baseball scouting and baseball performance became so quantifiable (Moneyball philosophy being the pinnacle of this, at least regarding public awareness).

But the same inefficiencies and biases that infected MLB scouting effect the NBA. And the NFL,

see: players and scouts talking opening about white receivers, a la Packer WR Jordy Nelson, being underestimated and under scouted.

This isn't an issue of racism, either, or bigotry. Even if the bias is rooted in race or ethnicity. It's real root is in the battle between emotion and archaic thinking and modern day statistics and the quantifiable ways you can discern performance and success in sports through "science".

Too smart for this board

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I reviewed Lin's last two games. Lin is exactly what we need a PG. Only if he can hit 3's he would be perfect.
    Heh. That sounds like a very young Tony Parker. Remember when he was on the Spurs (when they still had Admiral Robinson) and he couldn't hit anything beyond the arc?