Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 100 of 140 FirstFirst ... 507080949596979899100101102103104105106120130 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Everyone must admit,

Linsanity brought excitement back to Knicks basketball,

even if you weren't a Lin fan,

you couldn't wait to watch the next game so you could cheer the Knicks on.

And there was a tiny tiny feeling in the back of your mind that you want the Lin kid to do well too.

If you say you didn't thought of that during Linsanity, then obviously you're lying to yourself...and you know it.

C'est la vie, I guess.

Go Felton....I mean, Knicks!

My perspective is that talent wins games. We are more talented with him than without him?

The other players you mentioned:

STAT was horrible last year. What if injuries have taken their toll and he's never the same again? Looks like LJ all over again. Good/decent but not great.

Melo struggled with his weight. Kind of a bad sign for a superstar player. Him getting in the best shape of his life is imperative. BUT, what if he cant? Another thing. when Melo is shooting 5-20 at the start of the 4th quarter (like he did plenty of last year) Wouldnt it be nice to have some one capable of taking over a game? Like Lin? Is Felton going to do this? Kidd?

Originally Posted by Red
    At least one message was sent. Dont F*ck with Dolan.

I'm really down on Dolan right now. I defended him big time over the years. This was just plain dumb...

Veteran

^ Lol. Don't **** with Dolan?

Dolan is possibly the biggest joke in the entire realm of pro, US sports. The fact he has had so much money inherited to him, and has been spending it....and has still been such a collosal donkey.....He is in it for his ego, not to spend to actually use as a conduit for us to be a true, winning, revered franchise.

The only thing getting ****ed, per usual, is the franchise and anybody who roots for this team and wants us to actually contend in this NBA era.

I'm sure we're just ready to explode into championship contention, though, just like we were when Mikey No'D left.

So I'm sure I won't be sitting here getting my one delight of the NBA season next year -- SMMFH @ at people like you Red who are such diehards to a false prophecy that you're now pimping James Dolan up to justify your long-standing thoughts....

Smh. Damn dude...

Originally Posted by onex0is0
    Everyone must admit,

Linsanity brought excitement back to Knicks basketball,

even if you weren't a Lin fan,

you couldn't wait to watch the next game so you could cheer the Knicks on.

And there was a tiny tiny feeling in the back of your mind that you want the Lin kid to do well too.

If you say you didn't thought of that during Linsanity, then obviously you're lying to yourself...and you know it.

C'est la vie, I guess.

Go Felton....I mean, Knicks!
    I had season tickets before I knew Lin existed, I was there for the Knicks. I had a blast cheering him on, it was a ridiculous, whirlwind run, now it's over. Sad to see him go, but I'm not torn up about it. I'll be there next season too.

Go Knicks is absolutely right, even tho you were being facetious with it.

Bill Simmons stole my joke lol dude lurks here.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    I understand the disappointment, but I don't get why I keep seeing people associate Lin with the team's aspirations for a chip. Don't we need to see Lin against a myriad of defense, with advanced scouting, in an 82 game season, before we can truly gauge his talent?

35 games isn't nearly enough.

I would have liked to see him start next season as a Knick, and if it wasn't working, and there was a potential trade...ok, fine. I'm not 100% on board with letting an asset walk. But I can't see how Lin factors into a ring more-so than any other "don't screw it up" PG. He doesn't have free reign to do whatever, whenever, when STAT and Melo are out there, he would be a good PG on a really really good team -- not Linsanity.

If the Knicks think they can get that production elsewhere, I can't complain. Now..if it doesn't work with Felton and Kidd...then all bets are off.
    World was impressed because he did so much in those 35 games. Stat and melo didn't do **** for this team last year.

Can somebody tell me why Lin went back to the rockets asking more money after he found out the knicks was going to match?If he done that behind the knicks back then he did'nt want to be here.Im sure he is a great guy but WHY did he do that behind the knicks back after they was the ONLY team to give him a real chance in the NBA.

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    My perspective is that talent wins games. We are more talented with him than without him?

The other players you mentioned:

STAT was horrible last year. What if injuries have taken their toll and he's never the same again? Looks like LJ all over again. Good/decent but not great.

Melo struggled with his weight. Kind of a bad sign for a superstar player. Him getting in the best shape of his life is imperative. BUT, what if he cant? Another thing. when Melo is shooting 5-20 at the start of the 4th quarter (like he did plenty of last year) Wouldnt it be nice to have some one capable of taking over a game? Like Lin? Is Felton going to do this? Kidd?
    You're right, I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just asking a question...how do you know that the Lin we saw in MDAs system, will be the same Lin we see this year outside of that system that gives PGs free reign, plus with the other 29 teams having advanced scouting reports to pour over all throughout the off-season, preseason, and then next season? Scouting reports that didn't exist last year.

How are we certain it'll be the same Lin. There's no way to know.

I'm not operating on the assumption that he will be as good or better, or even that he'll be worse. I just don't know. Nobody knows. Because the circumstances are vastly different.

You ask me "wouldn't I like to have a player that could take over in case Melo is having an off night." My answer is yes. Now my question is: How do you know that player is Lin now that teams will have had 4-5+ months to compile all sorts of analytical data that didn't exist when Linsanity was happening...the time period you're basing everything on...

It's not the same, and we don't know. So based on that, I'm not broken up about it.

Now if Lin comes out balling next season, I'll have been wrong, and I can deal with that. I'm just being painfully objective.

if anyone is listening to Bill Daugthry right now how am i able to set that man straight

The man went on the air and completely LIED about the hot button topic on ESPN New York from last night. Saying everyone would be surprised about the outcome. When i casted my vote it was 66-34 in favor of LIN he claimed it was in favor of Felton THAT IS A BOLD FACED LIE! Why get on the radio and report inaccuracies when fans such as myself see the same numbers

Media manipulation at its best once again

As if there wasn't any doubt before that we have the worst owner in all of sports. Can a self respecting Knicks fan be a cablevision subscriber? I know some people on here don't think this is a big deal/and some are even happy to see him go. What I will say though is that of the people who spend money to go to games, many expected that he would be on the court, and many will be extremely hostile to this team at the first sign of distress. Lets hope for no losing streaks this season or we may see things really start to fall apart at MSG.

Knicks fans......... It was a great experience posting on this forum board. I wish your team luck in the future.

A lot of so called Knick fans are currently joining Rockets boards smfh

**** that has been said is just too funny, the moment a fan says this team is now my 2nd favorite team shows me a lot of ****

you can still like Lin and hope he does well but keep the Lin bull**** off of KO

Sad that Lin left but Knicks still look pretty good with:

- Kidd/Felton
    - Shump/JR
    - Melo/JR
    - Stat/Novak
    - Chandler/Camby

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    You're right, I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just asking a question...how do you know that the Lin we saw in MDAs system, will be the same Lin we see this year outside of that system that gives PGs free reign, plus with the other 29 teams having advanced scouting reports to pour over all throughout the off-season, preseason, and then next season? Scouting reports that didn't exist last year.

How are we certain it'll be the same Lin. There's no way to know.

I'm not operating on the assumption that he will be as good or better, or even that he'll be worse. I just don't know. Nobody knows. Because the circumstances are vastly different.

You ask me "wouldn't I like to have a player that could take over in case Melo is having an off night." My answer is yes. Now my question is: How do you know that player is Lin now that teams will have had 4-5+ months to compile all sorts of analytical data that didn't exist when Linsanity was happening...the time period you're basing everything on...

It's not the same, and we don't know. So based on that, I'm not broken up about it.

Now if Lin comes out balling next season, I'll have been wrong, and I can deal with that. I'm just being painfully objective.

Well you have to expect the kid to get better. Even with all the analytical data you're talking about most players perfect moves/offensive strengths that just cant be stopped. No matter how much data you've gathered. Lin is a very smart and creative player. He's probably working on what I consider his primary weakness (left handed dribble) right now.

I thought we also got Kidd to help him develop? That plan is out the window?

Its on the coach to devise a game plan that allows for everyone to flourish. Offensively and defensively. In essence you never have to much talent...