Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I think the Rockets are gonna be in trouble that season with Lin and Asik as their highest paid players.

Yea, I remember now: they call it the Poison Pill, which it really is, it matches the name.

I mean, they take a risk on two guys that CAN or they MIGHT NOT pan out to be STARS, but at least they will have them cheap for the first two or three years.

It will be tough to swallow but it gives small market teams a puncher's chance at contending if they pan out early.

Let's say Lin and Asik pan out this year, for example: Rockets are loaded with All-Star talent, best case, and they are way under the cap to load up.

Can go either way.

It's a Puncher's chance.

smokes

Huge Member
Yep, with the current culture of star players gravitating toward each other in big markets it's probably the only way for a team like Houston to have a chance of breaking out while maintaining their respectable win totals.

Right now the only ways up in the NBA seem to be:

* tank/suck for high picks
* be a big market team where FA's will come (NY/MIA/LA/"Brooklyn")
* do what Houston are doing

To be honest after the rose tinted glasses came off and you see Lin for what he is, me personally I took a lot more notice of his downsides like the poor FG% for a player who's main weapon is to attack the rim.

The stars aligned for Jeremy Lin in New York but unless MDA ends up taking over in Houston I don't think he's going to display all star qualities again.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
And this is not the first mention I have seen of MDA in Houston.

I saw this in some article over the summer.

Give Lin this year, who knows what will happen, but if they should under perform, look for MDA to come in next year and let Lin run ship the MDA way, YOUNG NASH!

Don't be too harsh on the kid in year 1, keep in mind that Nash was 30 YEARS OLD when he broke out.

If Lin can hold his weight in the league this year, and MDA can come next year, he can have a great future in Houston; way ahead of Nash's schedule.

smokes

Huge Member
Crazy⑧s;249992 said:
I shall now add the 50th reply to a Lin thread, while Knick related threads fester away in the reject bin.

:barf:

Knicks news is slow right now :(

The only 2 stories I've seen come out today are that Melo thing and Ronnie Brewer recovering.

metrocard

Legend
Lin has absolutely nothing to work with in houston because their GM is a total moron and traded away great players for random midround picks of guys who can't even get on a plane because their are too scared

We had a perfect set up for lin to succeed. He has a low shooting percentage now but he has never been a good shooter. He just hit a lot of highlight reel clutch shots which made him look better. He was successful when he drove to the basket.

We had two legit bigs in Chandler and Stat that made that EASY for him to find space in the paint because those guys always had to be covered.

And we had Steve Novak who was the deadliest 3 point shooter in the league which really helped boost his assist stats.

Yet houston has jack****

Houston has a very underrated team.

They don't have any bad players, just no all stars. Their team is young and growing, 3-4 years from now they can contend. They won't make the playoffs this year, but I don't think they'll be as bad as you make them to be.

If you check out their roster and what each guy is capable of, you'll may have a different view of them...I had to research what Houston was trying to do and I finally get their plan...as confusing as it is. Think Boston Celtics before the KG and Ray Allen era.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Knicks news is slow right now :(

The only 2 stories I've seen come out today are that Melo thing and Ronnie Brewer recovering.

True that, smokes. There are contributing minds at work on this board that can create ideas out of a single thought though. New New York is king. I'd much prefer to read the thoughts of a thinker than read about Lin and the Houston Rockets. Why Lin even mentions the Knicks anymore is beyond me. Now I'm talking about him.
facepalm2.gif

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Houston is stacked(with youth). Who cares about them though? Lin will be injury prone this year, he was already injured. Looks like he played well against the Grizzlies tonight i must say...

Im happy where we stand now and how everything played out. Felt,Kidd,Prig is going to be a great show.

Everything is set. If the chemistry is right and the health is right(pray), then we lookin real good.

Btw when will we know who got cut and who made the last rosters spots?

Last edited:

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
lins fg % for preseason is .221% or something like that...:teeth:

i think hes averaging a decent like 6 assists or something but for this preseason so far Felton>Lin hell even Prigs and Kidd>Lin

p0nder

Starter
Crazy⑧s;250004 said:
True that, smokes. There are contributing minds at work on this board that can create ideas out of a single thought though. New New York is king. I'd much prefer to read the thoughts of a thinker than read about Lin and the Houston Rockets. Why Lin even mentions the Knicks anymore is beyond me. Now I'm talking about him.
facepalm2.gif

I'll be honest. I started the thread knowing it would get lots of replies. I struggled with posting it at first but it had "Knicks" right in the title so I figured it was fair game.

I felt like Lin was a shot of heart and hustle and luck and "the american dream" into the Knicks organization. Dolan ripped the heart out of the team years ago and I don't think he was about to let Lin dictate anything. Even if he wanted to get rid of Lin Dolan's lack of business savvy lead to a gross misuse of an asset. We could have signed and traded him for something or got ANYTHING out of the whole "Linsanity" fiasco but here we are reading articles like this.

The Lin situation will always stick with me as a defining example of the inadequacies of Knicks owner, James Dolan.

tiger0330

Legend
Lin tonight against the Brow and the Hornets.

31 mins
1-8 FG
3 rebs
5 assist
6 turnovers
2 points
Lin's offense hasn't been there all pre-season. His D was stout tonight and they won the game but if he doesn't start scoring Houston is going to regret signing him. Felton definitely has been better, Grunwald made the right decision, Ray is a bargain on a 4 yr/16M deal and Lin is a gamble on a 3yr/25M deal.

tiger0330

Legend
Like you said marketing. Lin is now a spokesman for KFC China. Rox are going to milk him for all the Chinese money they can get but he needs to play like he did at the height of Linsanity for that to happen.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
lin will not be as good as everyone is saying. houston fans "LIN WILL BE THE NEXT NASH, I PREDICT 25 POINTS 9.5 ASSISTS, and 2 STEALS" i am 100% happy on his replacements in Felton Kidd and Prigs(more Prigs and Felton) they are more than capable of running this team, and in my opinion they are better then lin.