Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 118 of 140 FirstFirst ... 688898112113114115116117118119120121122123124138 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Originally Posted by Red
    LMAO!

Y'all dudes are funny! You still think Lin wanted to be a Knick! So f*cking stupid.

Pay attention.

And the real kicker is this...

u year ago people were up in arms about adding Felton to the Melo deal. Felton was MORE responsible for Stats best season as a Knick than Lin was for "saving" the franchise in 2 weeks.

Yet no one realizes Felton IS BETTER than Lin. Smh! And he's cheaper and more consistent. Hello?

And finally, washing the stentch of the LOSS (SSOL) system off seems impossible. We saw Lin in that unorthodox system and Knicks fans believe that was a winning formula; that we would continue to see that had we matched Lin's offer.

Knick fans love to dream, love to place stock in the unknown. "We don't know what Lin could be", "Who knows if he's a top5 PG" etc...

Lin was a product of the system. You would think the fact that he was 4th on the depth-chart would indicate something. But no. The fact that he was cut multiple times mean anything? No.

Torn Meniscus an issue? No

The same stubborness that had us spend money hand over fist in the past on poor players; the same wishful thinking that had us imagine scrubs on our team could flourish given the right chance... is the same that won't allow you to see the weakness and over-expectations of Lin. And its sad.

Have you asked yourself "why didn't Lin sign the 1st contract, yet signed the next right away"

Because he's NOT about winning, he's about Lin.

I'm 85% sure (wink) he couldn't handle the REAL expectations he would have had in NY making $14 mil and change.

I'm 100% sure Ray Felton will make you forget about the dreamy Linfantasy and bring you back to reality. I know Felton can handle NY. He doesn't have a torn meniscus, 35 games under his belt, a bloated impossible to live-up-to contract. He plays D. Really loved NY, is humble,

And he competes. I feel sorry for Lin and the league like I do for misguided dreamer fans. Everyone with a beef with Dolan (who isn't perfect)

How do you look rooting for a team that does nothing you want? Pathetic. How will you look when we compete for the Atlantic, sans Lin?

Fair weather anyone?

It is incredible that you can type that (bolded) nonsense and somehow think that the assessment is in anyway accurate.

Felton is definitely not better than Lin, no way in hell Red.

I really do think some black people have issues with Lin getting all of this attention so fast. But that's a convo for another topic.

When you look at the numbers he put up during those 25 games and really think about where he came from, ie D-league, sleeping on peoples couches, being cut by legit Franchises, it was pretty amazing.

Bottom line is that Lin has potential to be a top 10 point. No way you can say that about Felton. Players simply cannot do the things he did in games without serious ability.

You need to stop. You based the whole argument above on the farse that Felton is superior to Lin in talent and that is just not the case. Typical Red.

Originally Posted by p0nder
    I agree with Red that Felton>Lin.

Now we just gotta hope he proves that the portland thing was because he got depressed about not being a Knick any more and he's hella motivated to prove he's the man.
    Ponder I respect you as a poster and Felton will be one of my fav Knick players now that he's back with us, but the above is just a misinformed piece of post.

At the very least, if healthy, Lin is a 15 and 7 guy in this league. He proved this to me in the games I saw him.

What he did to Deron Williams and the Nets in that game I was at where he broke the shackles of mediocrity was just ridiculous. Subsequent to that, w the exception of the Miami game he just ran roughshod through the league. People site that as some type of red flag that he was exposed in some wayin that game. Wrong. ALL players have bad games and Miami's D keyed in on him, plus he was getting his first real look at championship D. People don't know what the hell they're talking about most of time. Lin is not over-hyped. He is a legit talent.

Bottom line here is that this organization facked up bad by not re-signing LIN. It's a joke IMO that no serious offer was even made by the Knicks org. Think about that. We never even made the kid an offer. How is that possible????

Honestly, I don't think Woodson ever really wanted Lin. I don't think Dolan wanted Lin. I don't think Isiah ever wanted him. These three are birds of a feather. Grunwald is capable of making good moves and is very competent, but ultimately he is an Isiah guy so I fold him in with the above idiots and their unmitigated lunacy.

Lin never had a chance boys.

I honestly believe he wanted to stay on this team. I think he has the nuts and the drive to lead a team.

He is the real deal mentally, has heart AND the talent to match these traits. If he stays healthy he will do big things.

Sorry to say, but we're just another team in the long line of nonbelievers. The sad thing is he did amazing things in OUR uniform AND OUR FO STILL COULDN'T SEEM TO SEE THE FORREST FOR THE TREES.

Our front office really f-ed this one. We should have bit the bullet and matched Houston's offer. This is ridiculous. I'm kind of ashamed to be a Knick fan lately to be honest. Our front office is garbage and makes us all look bad. Even when we have good GM's (Donnie, Grunnie) we still are made to look like foolish fans to the rest of league and it's fans. I'm tired of it.

When Lin is starting next season, has full control of Houston's offense and is balling, this org, and ultimately this owner, will have left yet another stain on one of the most important franchises in all of sports, and I will embarrassed to be a Knick fan.. again.

Every sane, thoughtful person (most of whom happen to be casual fans w common sense) I know, who know I'm a Knick fan, has said the same thing to me, "I can't believe the Knicks let Lin go.." All I can do in response is shake my head and mumble some sort of agreement.

The thing that bothers me the most is that we never even really tried to negotiate. That SI article is damning and burned me up. It really is a crock of bull****..

I can't understand how some people can be alright with this. Lin would have given us the BEST chance to make a deep playoff run with the personnel we have currently, not Felton, and I'm actually a Felton guy.

This should not be hard to see Knicks fans.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Jul 20, 2012 at 11:23. Reason: typos

Default NY Mag polls Knick fans reactions to Lin's departure

Charts!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The one ive got a real problem with is the 4th chart.

You'd cheer for Lin IN MSG!?

Thats bullsh*t

I just wanna leave this here
    Marc Berman
    Jeremy Lin was asked at his Houston press conference about a perception he did not want to play in playoffs. It is such a bogus premise to be mindbloggling. The concern should be why he wasn't closer to 100 percent, why he still couldn't jump and dunk after about six weeks. A torn meniscus means a level of arthritis existed at age 23. Not good. Only #Knicks and Rockets knows the level found in his removed cartilage. But Knicks let him leave. So it may tell you something.

Veteran

And white people have a problem with black athletes making too much money(insert melo here). It's amazing that it only takes 25 games for Lin "prove" himself.. I guess "Linsanity" really is a certifiable, medical condition. All it takes is 25 games for in Ivy League playing, D-league bench warmer to prove himself. 25 games is not even a college season. And Ivy league???? Those aren't even scholarship athletes. Those are rich daddies boys who are playing basketball to get co-eds. Felton played at North Carolina and is an established pro. This is crazy.....But not surprising for KO.COM, the basketball bizarro world where rookie, one hit wonder who have played 1/4 of an NBA season are better than established pro-ballers.

While I agree that I'm disapointed in the team letting Lin go, especially after fighting for bird rights on him and saying "we'll match anything up to a billion dollars" I'm not surprised. Dolan is known for this ****, always playing the game from his gut, not his brain, not from trusted advoisors or even the commish of the friggin league who has GIFTED Dolan GM's like Donnie who put in winning formulas, only to be pushed out by JD.

Giving guys like H20 wayyyy too much money was just the start of it and it's been going on ever since. It's Dolan who makes this franchise a laughing stock. Letting Lin go was a bad move and came from Dolan's stubborn ways of not wanting to get fleeced by some young punk out of harvard (who was doing what any smart person would do in that situation).

However I don't believe Lin will consistently produce at 15 and 7 and/or stay healthy. I know Felton CAN produce consistently at that level (or above) and comes cheaper then Lin (who's contract would have the knicks paying almost 100 Million over 3 years, that's better then Amar'e money).

Lin is a good player and will find himself a niche in Houston, running the show there and being the volume scorer he can be. But on the Knicks team with Melo and STAT we need a pick'n'roll guard who is better at setting players up. Felton is that guy and has a level of chemistry with STAT that will pay off better.

The proof will be in the pudding here in a few short months, but I still believe that Felton will be a better fit on this team. He might not average Lin's numbers but as far as a fit for this team I believe in Felton at the 1.

Still the fact remains that the Knicks had a viable asset in their roster that they could have signed and then traded later to get back better value/position/role players. From that slant I am much more upset, especially given that we have virtually no draft picks coming and are not dealing from a position of power should there be an injury to a major piece of our team. Lin was a pawn that should have been used to a better advantage.

thats some pretty good stats right there. he's gonna get the most votes for the all star game whether he deserves it or not, even though the west is loaded with great pgs

Originally Posted by Red
    Felton avg better numbers in the same system.

Felton has never avg less than 5 assists per in his career.

Lin broke the turnovers record.

Speaking of career, Felton is a vet, rarely hurt, and has more playoff experience.

Lin broke down in less than half a season.

Lin has trouble with his handle.

Lin has trouble against pressure defense.

Lin couldn't get Stat & Melo going.

Felton plays defense.

Felton has proven to be solid in multiple systems.

Felton was the player to make-or-break a deal for a Star.

Lin was passed on by multiple teams and about to be cut for a third time.

STOP DRINKING THE COOL-AID. You are not worthy to refute my stance because you are a shock-posting clown.

And just in case you have any reservations about my stance on this

Circle the Knicks vs the Rockets on your calendar and hopefully IF Lin is better than 85%, you will witness the beating we are going to put on them, specifically what Felton is going to do to Lin. Book it.

Unlike many, Felton has heart, he ain't no sucker. He will be taking this personal. That's my type of player... no homo.

I don't get why some people still have trouble figuring out Lin is an AVERAGE pg who's game needs more work to get to the next level

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718

I don't get why some people still have trouble figuring out Lin is an AVERAGE pg who's game needs more work to get to the next level

If the next level is Felton, Lin should stay on the level he is at now.

Veteran

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    I just wanna leave this here
    Marc Berman
    Jeremy Lin was asked at his Houston press conference about a perception he did not want to play in playoffs. It is such a bogus premise to be mindbloggling. The concern should be why he wasn't closer to 100 percent, why he still couldn't jump and dunk after about six weeks. A torn meniscus means a level of arthritis existed at age 23. Not good. Only #Knicks and Rockets knows the level found in his removed cartilage. But Knicks let him leave. So it may tell you something.
    Lin's injury was minor for a meniscus tear, they didn't even have to repair the tear, just trimmed some loose material around the knee and according to this doctor it should not be a problem in the future.

According to Lin he wanted to play but was advised by teammates to not play and Dolan himself told him not to rush back. Plus the Knicks were in a 3-1 hole where the limited minutes he would have played in game 5 would not have made any difference.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    And white people have a problem with black athletes making too much money(insert melo here). It's amazing that it only takes 25 games for Lin "prove" himself.. I guess "Linsanity" really is a certifiable, medical condition. All it takes is 25 games for in Ivy League playing, D-league bench warmer to prove himself. 25 games is not even a college season. And Ivy league???? Those aren't even scholarship athletes. Those are rich daddies boys who are playing basketball to get co-eds. Felton played at North Carolina and is an established pro. This is crazy.....But not surprising for KO.COM, the basketball bizarro world where rookie, one hit wonder who have played 1/4 of an NBA season are better than established pro-ballers.
    PREACH!

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    If the next level is Felton, Lin should stay on the level he is at now.
    Lin has more of an upside than Felton, but arguably Felton FITS with this team and compliments this team MORE than Lin does, as RED said in his previous post, Lin didn't get Amare and Carmelo going, they looked noticeably confused on offense at times.

Lin and Amare never got that P&R rolling.

Lin and Carmelo never figured out how to play smoothly with each other

Lin prefers ball dominating and running offense. ( Woody is NOT Dantoni so thats not happening here)

Kidd was brought here to mentor Lin.. you know why?? because LIN still needs to learn the GAME, why is this so hard to understand?

Felton been in the league what 7 years now soon to be 8 years, he's more NBA polished than Lin... he already knows how to play at different speeds, he already knows how to play through the pressure defenses, he already seen all the defensive adjustments teams throw at you in games, he already been in the playoffs. Can jason kidd still teach Felton a thing or 2? HELL YEAH he can, but does he need as much work on his game as jermey Lin? HELL NO he doesn't.

With Melo your better off having PG, who has the ability to catch & shoot, operate without the ball, play under pressure, and get the ball where it needs to be... Felton is much more closer to being that type of PG than Lin, Felton has the ability to play off the ball and run P&R's with Amare the chemistry is already there.

To SUM this up, i guarantee you AMARE & CARMELO will feel more comfortable with Felton and Kidd running the point more than they would have with Lin still here.
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Jul 20, 2012 at 13:16.

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718

Red's comments are based on opinions instead of actual fact when it was proven in this very thread that Lin is better Felton. Reference the TruHoop article written by Henry Abbot On espn.com

Either way I hope everyone here has already gone through their 7 stages of grief and is ready to move on from this even though Dolan made our historic franchise look juvenile and un-classy as Wilbon put it. The smear campaign that is going on in the MSG PR department is just amazing to me. Not one time do they doubt his gifts but Blast him for being "big-Headed" and "unloyal" to the team that gave him is shot? SMH!

Excuse me but the slaves were freed along time ago. Where do these people get off? Do me a favor and read those articles in ESPN Six degrees of separation. It's very enlightening to read from all angles Everyone screwed the pooch on this one but it comes down to the figure head up top and he makes emotional decisions when it comes to business. Always have and always will

And to everyone that loves the kid he may not be on the team anymore and true it would have been special to watch him grow but people are acting like he left the NBA. if you really wanted to, you can watch a couple rockets games to see how he is doing. Its not like he is going anywhere he just secured his future. I still catch Denver games from time to time to see how Wilson Chandler and Gallo is doing wishing to death somehow the knicks could bring back either one to be our six man off the bench. But we all know that thats not going to happen.

And for the record those that keep reference 85% and the 1 Miami game and blowing it up to epic proportions Stop Using STEPHEN ASS SMITH as your guiding light. That man is put in place to rile up the masses and entertain. THAT IS ALL. HIS WHOLE ARGUMENT HAS BEEN STRIPPED 5 TIMES OVER BY MANY SPORTS ANALYSTS. It is revisionist history at best. It has been said and proven that this kid COULD NOT CUT RUN OR JUMP, AND WAS NOT CLEARED TO PLAY how many times to people have to say and/or reference this FACTS. Not speculation in which ASS SMITH lives and breathes in. AND WOW OMG he had a bad game against MIAMI.EVERYONE DOES THEY EVEN SHUT DOWN DERRICK ROSE! knowing that he was the end all and be all on the BULLS so give me a break. At least when you make an argument look at everything from all perspectives and the FACTS surrounding the case.

And Lastly, for the personnel that we have on this team Felton is a better fit plain and simple. Because he has enough juice that carmelo respects and dosent need the ball in his hands to be effective. We have to many scorers on this roster as is. All MELO WANTS IS A PG TO BRING UP THE BALL AND GIVE IT DIRECTLY TO HIM PERIOD. Lin would of spread the love around however this is not LINS TEAM. OUR TEAM NEXT YEAR WILL BE PREDICATED ON HALF-COURT SET OFFENSE, not an uptempo open court system that Lin thrives in, therefore Lin's talents will be rendered useless.

MELO has completely wiped STAT out of the equation. I highly doubt we will see PNR's with Felton-STAT like we did in early 2010-2011 season. For better or for worse this is Melo's Team and he got upset that he was being outshined by Lin, because of the team functioning as one and Lin being at the head of that not him. That was the whole concept of Linsanity, not that this player was putting up crazy stats but that the kid was getting everyone involved, made everyone better, and played defense as a unit. HELL TWO MEMBERS OF HIS TEAM GOT PAID IN NOVAK (another waiver wire gem) and Fields because of him

This is something Melo has demonstrated in his career that he hasn't done on the NBA level yet. Galvanize his teammates and play as one because he is just not that type of player. He is me-first at the detriment of the team, guy . Therefore Felton fits right in because we don't need a superstar PG for Carmelo just an average guy to bring the ball up and then go stand in the corner while he goes to work.
    So when you think about it it is best that Lin takes his talents to Houston to develop his game and become the person that we think he can be or at worst a back-up that Larry Brown suggested. He dosent have to be surrounded by me-first players in MELO AND JR BRICKS who are going to be jealous and upset that limelight ins not on them. Things that have nothing to do with performance and effectiveness on the basketball court.
    Last edited by WeReady; Jul 20, 2012 at 13:23.

Veteran

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    And white people have a problem with black athletes making too much money(insert melo here).
    You and Ginger are both 'tards. No, I don't mean this as an inflammatory insult like I would to Ginger, but Jimbo....I mean you are literally an ignorant bigot.

Allow me to expose you again --

Assertion: White People Have A Problem With Black Athletes Making Money, Because Some White Posters Have A Problem With Melo.

Then why do many black people have a problem with Melo too?

But, more importantly:

Basic Rejection Of Your Punk-Dumb Assertion: Same White People Who Have Problem With Melo, Have Zero Problem With Other Black Athletes Making As Much Or More Than Melo, including NYK and non-NYK.

When you bloviate and gum-flap like this, you resemble this:

JimQueef has less rep than a one-legged greyhound, but Red, you should really know better than to start another bandwagon and herd-frenzy against Lin, and keep invoking race into this. It's just going to be added to the list of things the 2013 season is going to brutally expose you over. You're better than that.

And who gives a **** if Lin got extra juice (and helped make MSG juice) because he was Asian.

Newsflash: this is what happens when a minority in a particular field rises into the public eye and does well.

Newsflash 2: this happens most often with black athletes.

Veteran

Originally Posted by WeReady
    Stop Using STEPHEN ASS SMITH as your guiding light. That man is put in place to rile up the masses and entertain. THAT IS ALL. HIS WHOLE ARGUMENT HAS BEEN STRIPPED 5 TIMES OVER BY MANY SPORTS ANALYSTS. It is revisionist history at best. It has been said and proven that this kid COULD NOT CUT RUN OR JUMP, AND WAS NOT CLEARED TO PLAY how many times to people have to say and/or reference this FACTS. Not speculation in which ASS SMITH lives and breathes in. AND WOW OMG he had a bad game against MIAMI.EVERYONE DOES THEY EVEN SHUT DOWN DERRICK ROSE! knowing that he was the end all and be all on the BULLS so give me a break. At least when you make an argument look at everything from all perspectives and the FACTS surrounding the case.
    Stephen A. Melo JR Smith and some of the members on KOL all have demonstrated they have Floyd Mayweather syndrome. Plain hating on Lin because he's Asian.

I doubted Lin myself at first but a blind man can see he has talent. JVG said his floor is a very good backup and his ceiling is a very good starter all he needs is time to prove either case.