Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 123 of 140 FirstFirst ... 7393103117118119120121122123124125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    That was ... Rocket
    OFFICIAL: Knicks don't match poison pill - Lin now a Rocket.

Threads about a Rocket. Strangely if you are not interested in the discussion and relevant commentary and discussion based on the subject. I suggest you refuse to click and comment in this thread. It may well help you from getting so angry and upset and also tone down the trolling.

Great, move this to the NBA section then, i dont come to the KNICKS forum to hear about the Houston Rockets

That was the dumbest response ive gotten on this forum and ive talked to OBM repeatedly.

You make me wanna have a full conversation with him.

Quit postin your bullsh*t nonsense.
    No one gives a F*CK what Chris Rock has to say about a Houston Rocket

Hey, you don't own this site. If you don't want to talk about JLin et al., hence the title, then stop clicking on this link. It's a free country. No one is sticking a gun to your head.

You mad that JLin is getting all the attention and your thread is not getting enough traffic?

Obviously, you DO care (about JLin), thus your tubeTube response makes no sense. This is a JLin thread, and I will continue to click on this link so KnicksOnline can shoot me with some web ads.

Listen you like Lin, cool, thats great we all have our favorite players.

But the section this thread is in is the KNICKS section. This does not pertain to the Knicks anymore.

Thus me wanting it moved to the NBA section.

Originally Posted by onex0is0
    Another black man who can think for himself:

Chris Rock ‏@chrisrock
    July 18, 2012 If linn were a 23 old black kid who came straight from high school and had tat on his neck that said thug life and happened to score 38 points on the lakers I don't think anyone would question his contract.

Chris Rock ‏@chrisrock
    July 16, 2012 Jeremy linn I've never seen grown men hate on anotvher mans money like this in my life .

Chris Rock ‏@chrisrock
    July 16, 2012 Please knicks keep linn lets not have a brand new team for the tenth year in a row. Things have to sit in order to jell.
    Yeah Rock's making some sense here.

He nails how race is a factor in this.

People are just ridiculous and don't get the real significance regarding this whole mishap.

Not gonna lie this made me lmfao.

The issue isn't just whether felton would be a better pg (imo felton excelled with amare not melo and bringing a new starter in who now has to learn the, system under a different coach. But u guys can disagree all you want) it's that lin played his a$$ off last season and it was enough for woodson to say he will absolutely be starting,pg next year. You don't let someone you endorsed as a starter go like that. If we had made a reasonable offer in the first place this would have never occurred and we would have celebrated dolan. Yet now we sit here and ask who is better. We are the only organization that rewards mediocrity and punishes excellence.

Next season may just be the most pivotal season in knicks history. If we fail to make at least the conference finals, next year expect fans to start leaving in droves. And if we fail to make the playoffs or past the first round again I think many of us here, including me will start to question our loyalty. I will never root against us but I don't know if I continue to watch or go to games knowing that our owner is profiting from the destruction pf our franchise. I don't see that happening as I'm still optimistic but just food for thought.

God I miss the 90s.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Yeah Rock's making some sense here.

He nails how race is a factor in this.

People are just ridiculous and don't get the real significance regarding this whole mishap.
    Race was always a factor in all this. It's why Jeremy Lin enjoys such international appeal amongst the Asian fanbase, he is considered a folk hero someone who has broken down longstanding stereotypes & brought the Asian male into the spotlight in a positive way other than the typical martial arts action hero or Yakuza gangster movie star. It's central to why the Houston Rockets made him that huge offer to begin with, they understand his marketing appeal & want to cash in on it. This is all big business at work here. The Knicks chose to make it personal. They never dreamed that Lin would sign such a huge contract, they expected him to simply accept a reasonable deal & show his appreciation to the franchise for giving him his big break. Dolan is such a dunce he doesn't care that his decisions are costing the Knicks organization millions & millions of lost revenue, he would rather make moves to satisfy his own ego. Lin & the Rockets made a business decision, the Knicks made a decision based on pure emotion to try & prove a point & lost a promising asset without getting any value in return. Therein lies the true tragedy in this entire fiasco, not the fact that Lin is wearing a Rockets' uniform. As long as this franchise is being run by the same imbecile of an owner, expect things like this to be the norm.

I don't understand why people are mad at Dolan (he's a fool for many reasons, but I don't know about this case) and not Lin.

He got his break because of Melo/Knicks
    He signed the second offer sheet

Eric Gordon felt like it was a slap in the face he wasn't offered a huge max deal or whatever by the Hornets right away and said the Suns wanted him more and it was his home, even though he only played nine games the whole season.

At least with Eric Gordon you know what you're getting when he's on the floor, Lin, who knows.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I don't understand why people are mad at Dolan (he's a fool for many reasons, but I don't know about this case) and not Lin.

He got his break because of Melo/Knicks
    He signed the second offer sheet

Eric Gordon felt like it was a slap in the face he wasn't offered a huge max deal or whatever by the Hornets right away and said the Suns wanted him more and it was his home, even though he only played nine games the whole season.

At least with Eric Gordon you know what you're getting when he's on the floor, Lin, who knows.
    The only reason I'm angry at Dolan is because he lost Lin without getting anything of value back in return. That's just a huge F up, no other way to say it. I'm disappointed that Lin isn't a Knick anymore but more than happy to go forward with Felton, Kidd & Prigioni. The loss of a valuable asset is what irks me to no end. Think we could have used him to get at LEAST a 1st round pick from the Rockets in a S&T if Dolan had even the slightest inkling that he wasn't going to match that level of an offer. I think the Knicks mismanaged this situation.

Originally Posted by STAT1
    The only reason I'm angry at Dolan is because he lost Lin without getting anything of value back in return. That's just a huge F up, no other way to say it. I'm disappointed that Lin isn't a Knick anymore but more than happy to go forward with Felton, Kidd & Prigioni. The loss of a valuable asset is what irks me to no end. Think we could have used him to get at LEAST a 1st round pick from the Rockets in a S&T if Dolan had even the slightest inkling that he wasn't going to match that level of an offer. I think the Knicks mismanaged this situation.
    Can't argue that. I hope there's a good reason, but it doesn't seem like it. A first round pick would have been great.

Race was always a factor in all this. It's why Jeremy Lin enjoys such international appeal amongst the Asian fanbase, he is considered a folk hero someone who has broken down longstanding stereotypes & brought the Asian male into the spotlight in a positive way other than the typical martial arts action hero or Yakuza gangster movie star. It's central to why the Houston Rockets made him that huge offer to begin with, they understand his marketing appeal & want to cash in on it. This is all big business at work here. The Knicks chose to make it personal. They never dreamed that Lin would sign such a huge contract, they expected him to simply accept a reasonable deal & show his appreciation to the franchise for giving him his big break. Dolan is such a dunce he doesn't care that his decisions are costing the Knicks organization millions & millions of lost revenue, he would rather make moves to satisfy his own ego. Lin & the Rockets made a business decision, the Knicks made a decision based on pure emotion to try & prove a point & lost a promising asset without getting any value in return. Therein lies the true tragedy in this entire fiasco, not the fact that Lin is wearing a Rockets' uniform. As long as this franchise is being run by the same imbecile of an owner, expect things like this to be the norm.
    Your post is dead on but this is not the first time Dolan has gotten rid of fan favorites due to ego. Remember Latrell Sprewell and Marcus Camby. Yeah two young's stars in their prime coming of the 99 finals run. Well they violated an antiquated media policy meeting and with minutes dolan told scott layden to trade them ASAP. From then on I knew what the real deal was once the franchise was turned over to this imbecile. He is just a trust fund baby trying to throw his weight around when he holds no true power. Honestly we should of all seen this coming as soon as it was reported that he felt "deceived" Man has been doing this for years leads with emotion instead of good business sense and thats why the Knicks will forever be suspended in mediocracy as long as Dolan is in charge

I just wish he will leave basketball decision to basketball people like he does with the Rangers. Look how they turned out, sadly this will not end.

Like I posted previously Grunwald was set to match the offer, but CAA didn't want him here to block Carmelo's spotlight and Dolan got taken to business school. The first thing you do in poker is never show your hand. As soon as they leaked we will match "up to a billion" Rockets took advatange and changed the terms of the agreement. Dolan felt like he he was made to look stupid (no doubt there was definitely some encouragement by CAA) and said to hell with him. What I find hilarious in this entire situation is Lin's agents were in contact with the Knicks FO and they knew the terms of the agreement prior to it being signed , poison pill and all. They told him to sign it and wait for their response.

Anyways these events have been dissected to the ground and this whole thing is a big cluster****. Everyone loss including the fans, The FO, and Jeremy Lin

Originally Posted by WeReady
    Like I posted previously Grunwald was set to match the offer, but CAA didn't want him here to block Carmelo's spotlight and Dolan got taken to business school. The first thing you do in poker is never show your hand. As soon as they leaked we will match "up to a billion" Rockets took advatange and changed the terms of the agreement. Dolan felt like he he was made to look stupid (no doubt there was definitely some encouragement by CAA) and said to hell with him. What I find hilarious in this entire situation is Lin's agents were in contact with the Knicks FO and they knew the terms of the agreement prior to it being signed , poison pill and all. They told him to sign it and wait for their response.

Anyways these events have been dissected to the ground and this whole thing is a big cluster****. Everyone loss including the fans, The FO, and Jeremy Lin
    Sorry but you are wrong here. Jeremy Lin came out of this a big winner. He has a Huge contract, the opportunity to start on a team that WANTS him, and he won't have to play with Melo.

Mark my words. In a few years this will prove to be a horrible horrible move by Dolan.

Originally Posted by novaman
    Sorry but you are wrong here. Jeremy Lin came out of this a big winner. He has a Huge contract, the opportunity to start on a team that WANTS him, and he won't have to play with Melo.

Mark my words. In a few years this will prove to be a horrible horrible move by Dolan.

Agreed, i don't think Jeremy Lin wants to play with Melo. His basketball IQ told him that no team can win with Melo as the main guy. Melo's history of 1 and out back that up.