Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 135 of 140 FirstFirst ... 85105115129130131132133134135136137138139140 LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kidd Karma
    Good point, regarding that expiring in the final year. It's a guarantee teams out there will make long term mistakes, Lin being an easy expiring for other team's to correct mistakes with Lin possibly is an enticing offer so much so they'd add a draft pick or rights to a player as well to sweeten the pot. These guys have no forward thinking, thinking outside the box. For years Cuban held Dampiers contract because the last year of Damp's contract was not guaranteed, it would become guaranteed on July 31 or something like that, so Cuban could trade Damp's contract in a sign and trade, or eventually a straight up trade. Mavs fans were thinking Lebron, Bosh, JJ at the time, when nothing came through, Cuban just threw a piece of crap on the wall, knowing Charlotte didn't want to payout too much in player salaries, he sent Damp's unguaranteed salary for Chandler's final guaranteed year.....the rest is history......take a page from Cuban's wheeling and dealing....take a chance....almost all positives comes from having Lin around.
    The luxury tax would have been increased to 47 million in that final year. No matter to hold on or to let him go that tax was not changing because moving Lin or keeping him would have required a dollar for dollar trade.

We have 3 huge expiring contracts that same year lins would have been.

D

Originally Posted by skisloper
    The luxury tax would have been increased to 47 million in that final year. No matter to hold on or to let him go that tax was not changing because moving Lin or keeping him would have required a dollar for dollar trade.

D
    And I can pretty much guarantee Melo and Chandler will sign extensions prior to that and STAT who started it all will get a new deal

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Yes, moot.

But, I see this as being simple in the key elements involved (however you feel about Lin the player being totally moot), that effect management to players to coach, all current, which definitely isn't moot.

*Dolan officially assumed a permanent bent over position on all four for Melo. Over time, Dolan showed signs of going official all in on Melo. This culminated with the Lin decision.

*Melo doesn't like Lin. And our team mojo and chemistry has been a wreck with Melo.

*Melos boy, who happens to be our coaches boy, also doesn't like Lin.

*Melo and Smith both made UNPRECEDENTED public remarks about a player on their own team involved in contract negotiations.

This is possibly the most unsung, and unfathomable, situations that occurred throughout the Lin Decision.

*We told Lin to test the market and intentionally didn't give him an offer.

If anyone wants to know what test the market means, it means exactly what happened with Houston and Lin. Trust that even a billionaire bitch like Dolan knows what happens when you tell a dude to test the market and not give an official offer yourself.

Again, crazy to not even give a lowish offer, as a matter of good faith and seriousness. Which brings to:

*When Lin officially hit free agency, we weren't even amongst the top 3 teams to call him and his agent. Again, an extremely odd, odd thing. That flew in the face of what Lin, ans surely any executive who wants to show seriousness in resigning a player in such a spot.

*Woodson making public remarks that Lin would be resigned and we would match.

Again, a truly insane thing to happen.

Making no remarks about Lin being worth or not worth a donkeys flaccid dick:

*our franchise, from owner, to start players, to coach, made EXTREMELY odd public statements and decisions, from the time Lin officially became an FA. And odd is putting it very mildly.

Odd, moronic, unprecedented, contradictory is a good description.

Finally, the cop out of it being some logical, financial decision just holds no salt. First off, if we had a price in mind for Lin, and wanted to keep Lin, we would have made him a ****ing offer. And created an opportunity to get a "hometown" style discount, and simply wrap **** up by making a big sales pitch to him.

NYK brass almost took every deliberate step one would take, to have a Houston situation occur. To say nothing of player and coach remarks, which is a seperate (but in regards to Melo) connected situation.

But let's throw out what already flies totally in the face of the NYK ever having a true intention to resign Lin (again, we can go back to their actions even in the minutes Lin hit FA officially):

The Houston situation occurs, NYK then say, essentially: thanks for testing FA, Jeremy, but it's too much dough for us.

Okay. Fair enough. Idiotic to let happen (especially if you believe the Melo Knicks ever really wanted in back), but okay, let's take it on face value:

Lin did not get a crazy offer. Particularly, the 2nd Houston offer compared to the first. Allow me to explain:

The so called Poison Pill, a gargantuan number surely to attract the instinctive grimaces of fans everywhere, was not a bad thing. In fact it was a good thing.

Lin revolved around two things. His opportunity to make the franchise tons of money (undeniable), his ability to lead the NYK from the point and be worth the type of bones being thrown his way (debatable).

And this is why the Houston contract is actually quite a favorable and flexible one. It essentially let's you maintain Linsanity and Lin, for truly bargain numbers at first, while giving you the following, key flexibility in his final year:

To decide, after reality has already given you the ultimate information to make an informed decisions, whether Lin is worth resigning long term. Or, whether you can aggressively trade a fantastic 1yr contract in a trade to an NBA team.

Eddie ****ing Curry was an asset to us in his final year.

I will not get into what happens and what has been done if the other side of the debatable point comes to fruition, and Lin is not EFC.

But in the game of risk and reward to fielding a winning team, to us having management capable of being true winners, to the very star players we have being....star players, the Lin decision was this, in poker hand analogy:

We got dealt a couple kings preflop, flashed one card to the table while fumbling around with our chips, limped, let 7 players come along, and when the flop came:

A 5 8, and we faced a single bet, folded, while telling ourselves we had to do it because an ace hit the flop.

I stopped reading. It was too much conspiracy. What do you make of the dinner that Tyson, Lin, Melo and Woodson had prior to the Olympics? If you addressed this already just say, addressed and I'll search through the propaganda to find it. Also, did you mention that Melo has constantly expressed interest in playing with Lin? But since he made a comment about Houston's ridiculous contract, everything thing Melo has said before and after that is moot? Again, if already addressed, please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by skisloper

D
    ...and thus the nickname Poison Pill.

I expect Lin to come back in a few years from now. Just a gut feeling. One can imagine the resurrection story for Lin and the Knicks it would be a big story.

Cry me a river build a bridge and get over it LIN!!!

Move on!!! If I were Houston I would instruct him to stop talking about NY its just disrespectful to his current team.

That's like me talking about my ex with my wife.

Honestly him saying he thought the Knicks would match any offer sounds like he really did not want to be a Rocket and now this?

Hey he's shooting 27% from the field and more than a 2 to 1 assist to t.o. ratio...stop talking about The Knicks and learn your new team's playbook

Superstar

I hope he tears his acl, mcl, shatters both ankles, and contracts aids. Then turns to doing drugs because he's so depressed and lose all his money and becomes homeless. Then starts sucking dick for bus fare

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    I hope he tears his acl, mcl, shatters both ankles, and contracts aids. Then turns to doing drugs because he's so depressed and lose all his money and becomes homeless. Then starts sucking dick for bus fare
    LOL funniest thing I've read in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by Rob Low

Jealousy is a bitch isn't it?

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Players don't leave money on the table. Lin was looking for some measure of security. Our genius front office didn't lift a finger so he took what he could get.
    Exactly.

To be fair, there was only 1 REAL offer on the table, and what kind of person is going to say "You said you were gonna offer me a LOWER salary! I refuse to sign this!" ESPECIALLY when the Knicks Front office announced they would match anything up to a billion?

Knicks never offered him anything...if I was a player, I would want some kind of security for my life.

**** linnnnn

Superstar

Originally Posted by Ghostowl
    Exactly.

To be fair, there was only 1 REAL offer on the table, and what kind of person is going to say "You said you were gonna offer me a LOWER salary! I refuse to sign this!" ESPECIALLY when the Knicks Front office announced they would match anything up to a billion?

Knicks never offered him anything...if I was a player, I would want some kind of security for my life.
    Exactly. You can't blame Lin at all and anyone who wishes him badly because he accepted his first and maybe only big payday is a tard.

You can hate on Lin cause he's on another team now, but not because he "betrayed" us. Lin did what anyone in the world would do.

I just wish the Knicks got some kinda sign and trade deal or something out of losing him. I blame ownership for not having the balls to make him an offer or say upfront that he wasn't in our long term plans and get draft picks or at least a trade exception out of losing him.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by iJoe
    Exactly. You can't blame Lin at all and anyone who wishes him badly because he accepted his first and maybe only big payday is a tard.

You can hate on Lin cause he's on another team now, but not because he "betrayed" us. Lin did what anyone in the world would do.

I just wish the Knicks got some kinda sign and trade deal or something out of losing him. I blame ownership for not having the balls to make him an offer or say upfront that he wasn't in our long term plans and get draft picks or at least a trade exception out of losing him.
    I was going to hate on Lin, but read this great post and totally changed my mind.

Superstar

If he wanted to retire as a Knick then he could have done that. It was his choice at the end of the day. He decided (rightly so) to accept the highly inflated rockets offer, and the Knicks decided (again rightly) not to match that offer. Lin just knows that his short lived (20 odd games) career as a rising star is about to come to an end and that he will inevitably revert to his role player/bench/D-League days sooner rather than later. He's been appalling for the rockets thus far and this will only get worse when opponents are actually playing competitively.

Knicks will soon be vindicated for their choice.
    Last edited by TakMan; Oct 17, 2012 at 03:24.

If Lin wanted to be a Knick he would have did this

Told his agent negotiate the best deal for me with New York when its dont let me know, right now I'll be rehabbing and preparing for next year

NO he didn't do that so **** him