Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
You're wrong. Felton, Kidd, and Prigioni are better, thus there is every reason why Lin couldn't make the team. Also which fans are you referring to when you say they believe it was completely the wrong choice? Are you claiming to speak on behalf of all the Knicks fans? Lin isn't making the playoffs this year. The Rockets bought into him after seeing him play in 20 games. He's not going anywhere, and neither are the Rockets.

Priglioni better than Lin ?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TakMan

Rotation player
Priglioni better than Lin ?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Considering he's got better decision making, a better shot, better defence, and a better eye for a pass, whilst simultaneously not choking under the pressure of good defensive teams, I'd say he's a better fit for the Knicks. Lin messed up the team's offence as we didn't circulate the ball anywhere near as well, and he consistently refused to involve most players in an offensive play. Additionally, he added very little on the defensive side of things. I believe the main reason Lin didn't play against miami in the playoffs was because he knew he would be exposed for what he really is (as he did in his first game between the two teams) thus risking losing out on some serious money during contract time. We are better without him, as the Rockets would be had they kept Dragic.

smokes

Huge Member
The Rockets just put themselves in a horrible horrible place, really bad moves.

Dragic is an excellent PG, borderline all star. Lin is questionable. Good PG yes, but he has a lot of improvement to do before being on Dragic level.

His contract is horrible, and extremely hard to trade given the $15m third year salary. Is there really any team in the league desperate enough for a PG to trade for him?

Honestly the Lakers are probably the only team that are in such a hole. It almost seems destined. Rockets could use a PG like Meeks who is a bit of a sharpshooter to play alongside Harden. Meeks/Douglas 24 minutes each combo guard play would be pretty nice fit for them.

Bottom line is Harden is better than Lin at every single aspect of basketball.. Literally everything. So why would you ever want the ball in Lin's hands when he can't create his own shot if the offense breaks down.

Is Harden the best/second best SG in the league?

smokes

Huge Member
Definately not the best, Kobe > Harden.

I'm not even sure right now. I think Kobe and Harden are very close. Apart from FG% there isn't much to separate them, and Kobe is playing on a team with a bunch of great players. Harden has like no one. Not to mention Kobe is playing in MDA's system.

metrocard

Legend
I'm not even sure right now. I think Kobe and Harden are very close. Apart from FG% there isn't much to separate them, and Kobe is playing on a team with a bunch of great players. Harden has like no one. Not to mention Kobe is playing in MDA's system.

with Kobe on the decline, it's closer than it was before. I give Kobe the edge just based on experience and this is Harden's first time being a #1 option since his days @ Arizona State. Harden will continue to put up 25+ ppg seasons, and Kobe will edge retirement soon...Harden is valued more IMO..based on what he'll be doing within the next 5 years.

I choose Kobe now though...amazing performance against the Knicks.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Lin: 0.397 FG%, 0.310 3P%, 6.1 APG, 2.7 TO, 11.0 PPG, $25.1M/3.
Ray: 0.403 FG%, 0.406 3P%, 6.8 APG, 2.4 TO, 16.3 PPG, $12.5M/3.

clumsy

Rotation player
looks like this dude was recovering from Injury still. As a 1st year PG he's playing top 5 best defense for of any PG which is impressive considering Houston has the fastest tempo, and putting up decent offensive numbers. Really mad we let him walk.

His defensive rating is like at least top 5-8 for PG's as he's in the top 200 players. Not many PG's in the top 200

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2013_advanced.html

Last edited: