• Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 16 of 140 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122364666 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Originally Posted by Red
    WE'RE ALL-LIN!

Lin hits his first double-double with 23/10, fans explode, Dolan hears CHA-CHING $$$!

^^From your link to that shirt : "Join in the Linsanity with the New York Celtics Linsanity T-Shirt! Follow his lead and cheer Lin on in a legendary way."

Who the **** is writing copy for these guys? good lord. someone needs to be taken out and shot.

All the same, i'd buy that shirt and i love the "We're all-lin" saying. hahaha lovin' it.

Lin probably gets more attention than all top 10 players combined at the moment... seriously, the whole NBA talks about him!

my favorite lin moment so far is landrys reaction to that layup and 1....i laugh my ass off every time i see it

can't wait to see him on the floor with a healthy Melo and Stat

Banned

good article...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    HAHAHAHA...

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    The CBA does not allow them to restructure their contracts. We're stuck with 3 players taking up 91% of our cap.
    A big part of the NBA's new CBA will be a "renegotiation and extension" provision.

It will allow players to be paid a smaller amount over a long period, but the salary cannot decrease by more than 40 percent.

A renegotiated salary previously could only increase a salary.
    Was this false then?

It's possible to renegotiate your contract to a dicreased value per year. However, we all don't see it happening in New York because our stars didn't come here to win a championship, but to earn more $$$.

Amare signed here because we were the only team that offered him a max contract. Carmelo forced his trade because he didn't want to experience free agency and possibly earn less money based on the new labor agreement. Chandler chose Knicks because we offered more than others. Besides each of them wanted to play in a big market area, to make even more money from sponsors, commercials etc.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    It's possible to renegotiate your contract to a dicreased value per year. However, we all don't see it happening in New York because our stars didn't come here to win a championship, but to earn more $$$.

Amare signed here because we were the only team that offered him a max contract. Carmelo forced his trade because he didn't want to experience free agency and possibly earn less money based on the new labor agreement. Chandler chose Knicks because we offered more than others. Besides each of them wanted to play in a big market area, to make even more money from sponsors, commercials etc.
    I have an issue with these statements.

1. Show me a player who isn't salary motivated...

9 out of 10 players will choose money, no secret, no big deal. Its a player fiduciary responsibility to accept the best offer based on market value. In other words players accept the best offer inadvertently affecting the market value of all other players. And many times its NOT the best situation; I'm sure every player would love to be on the Lakers, or OKC and still make the same $

But the truth is only one team can win. The rest go home early. Should everyone stand in line to join contenders only?

2. You're speculating and have nothing to back your opinion

3. You like many people have what I call "regular season" memory... you forget what a different game it is come playoffs- especially IF you are a Knicks fan.

There is a drastic change in dynamics come playoffs. Better teams, better analysis and team specific game planning, higher stakes.

This is where stars earn their money. Do you believe a ball swung out or game winning shot has a better chance with a squad of role players? Better than STAT OR Melo? Lol

Melo came here and knocked down more game winning shots than our entire team combined, in less than half a season. If you want to be taken seriously in the playoffs, you can't field a team of role players and journeymen, no matter what they did in the regular season.

A front court of STAT-Melo-The mad byson is very imposing.

*and we're basically stuck with them for years to come. You should reasses whether you are with us or against us. Salaries or not.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Red
    I have an issue with these statements.

1. Show me a player who isn't salary motivated...

9 out of 10 players will choose money, no secret, no big deal. Its a player fiduciary responsibility to accept the best offer based on market value. In other words players accept the best offer inadvertently affecting the market value of all other players. And many times its NOT the best situation; I'm sure every player would love to be on the Lakers, or OKC and still make the same $

But the truth is only one team can win. The rest go home early. Should everyone stand in line to join contenders only?

2. You're speculating and have nothing to back your opinion

3. You like many people have what I call "regular season" memory... you forget what a different game it is come playoffs- especially IF you are a Knicks fan.

There is a drastic change in dynamics come playoffs. Better teams, better analysis and team specific game planning, higher stakes.

This is where stars earn their money. Do you believe a ball swung out or game winning shot has a better chance with a squad of role players? Better than STAT OR Melo? Lol

Melo came here and knocked down more game winning shots than our entire team combined, in less than half a season. If you want to be taken seriously in the playoffs, you can't field a team of role players and journeymen, no matter what they did in the regular season.

A front court of STAT-Melo-The mad byson is very imposing.

*and we're basically stuck with them for years to come. You should reasses whether you are with us or against us. Salaries or not.
    You are so right. Look at Stat ( before getting hurt ) and Melo in the Celtics series......They played as good as any NBA player...
    Now throw Tyson, Lin and Fields ( alive again )...we have something to grasp...

LET LIN STAY HEALTHY

@Red: you've got me wrong. I understand players' desire to earn more. However, there are superstars who decided to take a cut off their contracts to become a contender. LeBron, Bosh, Wade, Pierce and Allen earn all less than Amare or Carmelo. I have nothing against our stars and I understand how the playoffs work, but they put us in a very uncomfortable situation where we're stuck with three stars with huge contracts and a bunch of scrubs. If our big three accepted 20% less than they do earn now we'd have around $10M to spend on a couple of role players to close the roster.

edit: your post reminded me of an ESPN commercial, I've just written our bigs chose NY for money = they could take less and you've made helluva story about stars power and playoffs stuff:

Last edited by Lercher; Feb 10, 2012 at 06:49.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    @Red: you've got me wrong. I understand players' desire to earn more. However, there are superstars who decided to take a cut off their contracts to become a contender. LeBron, Bosh, Wade, Pierce and Allen earn all less than Amare or Carmelo. I have nothing against our stars and I understand how the playoffs work, but they put us in a very uncomfortable situation where we're stuck with three stars with huge contracts and a bunch of scrubs. If our big three accepted 20% less than they do earn now we'd have around $10M to spend on a couple of role players to close the roster.

edit: your post reminded me of an ESPN commercial, I've just written our bigs chose NY for money = they could take less and you've made helluva story about stars power and playoffs stuff:

Forgive me if I misunderstood.

But to your point...

Lebron & co. took less:

1. Was an example of colusion
    2. Have scrubs on their team as well
    3. Still lost
    4. Pay less taxes in FL.

To our players taking 20% less:

1. Increases the likelihood we would be playing against them instead of with them

2. It wasn't because they took more money that our fillers might be deemed undesirable- it was their performance within the system

3. Shump, Jorts, Fields even a TD, Balk, JJ, AND THE Jamaican Sensation, are hardly scrubs, especally when used correctly

4. Mike D's influence on our draft is more responsible than max contracts

Every contending team with stars must have cheap role players that exceed their contract $ in order to win.

And again to the playoffs, Melo droppd 42 on the Celtics in an attempt to keep us in the game...

What player DID WE HAVE, or COULD WE HAVE HAD, can do that?

You must pay to play, and its not secret we being the largest market equates to higher salary players or moreso paying players their highest market value instead of getting a bargain. Its a byproduct of having a team in this city. Simple economics.

I`m really looking forward to Amare coming back. I am hoping that Jeremy and Amare can have an instant understanding between them in the way that Jeremy and Tyson seem to have. Watching them run the pick and roll during the last three games has been a joy to watch.

If Amare and Jeremy can run the pick and roll together then Amare can get back to doing what he does best which is being an unstoppable force when rolling to the basket.