• Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

CoolClyde

Best Shot of Lin Ever!

this Sports Illustrated cover shot has to be the best pic of Lin ever,
versus all five Lakers!! Look at his face... Linsane in the membrane!

jeremy-lin-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg

:peace:

tiger0330

Legend
Ranking Metta World Peace's tweets on Jeremy Lin
February 16, 2012

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/laker...ource=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=53297

Within a five-day span, Metta World Peace went from delivering punch lines about Jeremy Lin to forever singing his praises.

Just as everyone wondered if Linsanity would translate when the New York Knicks hosted the Lakers last week, World Peace had trouble resisting a few playful digs when he talked to reporters, including The Times' Mike Bresnahan.

First at his game: "I know he used to miss layups on the fast break at Golden State. I know he used to turn the ball over at half-court. He was trying to find himself. He must have had a lot of pressure on him. Now, he's playing ball."

Then World Peace made fun of Lin's appearance: "We think he needs a better haircut. I don't like that style. We're in New York, the fashion capital. You're a star now."

Lastly came World Peace's poking fun at Lin's personality: "Put down the nerdy Harvard book glasses. Put on some black shades with some leather pants. Change your style. Put down that law book. Stop reading the New York Times. Come to practice with your pants sagging and just tell them, 'I don't feel like practicing.' Come to practice with a cigar lit."

Yet, when Lin made a game-winning three-pointer en route to a 90-87 victory Tuesday over the Toronto Raptors, World Peace stormed out of the Lakers' players lounge yelling at the top of his lungs.

"Linsanity!!!"

Based on his revelation that he wants to buy Lin's jersey and his frequent tweets about the Knicks star, World Peace's infatuation with him surely hasn't died down. Below are a few of his best examples.

1. God created earth in 7 days, Jeremy Lin created energy in new York city in 6 games...

2. Chinese currency should say LIN instead of YEN...

3. Jeremy Lin can score on anyone without a ProbLIN...

4. I will be holding a press conference on Jeremy Lin's play. My congregation is very pleased. The best point guard in the NBA is here...

5. The only reason Jeremy Lin is playing in the NBA is because he is blessed and its not a LINconvenience to him...

6. Jeremy aka 'Mr. New York' Lin will be purchasing half the empire state building. No autographs until after season; sorry for the inconvenience.
Can you take anything said by some guy named Metta World Peace seriously. Now here is a quote from someone you can take seriously, Lin's "big brother" Yao Ming.

Yao Ming said:
"What I see from Jeremy and what I hear in his interviews is he appreciates everything. He pursues his dream. His attitude is so peaceful, but there is strength to him. It is not a violent strength like fire or something aggressive. It is like the ocean, very peaceful, very quiet when you look at it. But you can never underestimate the power that is in there."

Thugball

Benchwarmer
Linja got caught in the air pretty often last night, he would have to either throw it up and hope for a foul or try to do a crazy pass and turn it over. He will learn.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Well, according to urbandictionary.com it means "boobs" in Cantonese which is a totally different language from Mandarin, the language that is spoken in Taiwan and most of mainland China...

mfgillia

Rookie
is it true lin in chineses means breast? thats what it says on urbandictionary

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lin&page=2

Uh no - Jeremy's last name in characters is written 林. Its a very common surname in Taiwan and can mean a few different things but its most common meaning is forest. Its literally a picture of two tree characters 木. So... two trees equal forest.

Its pronounced Lin in English with a rising tone - start by lowering your pitch and then raising it to a normal level. That rising tone is actually quite important as "Lin" could be pronounced 5 different ways in Mandarin by changing the pitch differently, which is one of the two main reasons why studying Chinese as a native English speaker can be incredibly difficult.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
And otherwise, Chinese people who immigrate to a non Chinese speaking country (mainly Europe, America, Australia) always have a huge problem with understanding words that can be pronounced with different tones. When you say a short "no" and a long "no" at first they think these are two different words.

mfgillia

Rookie
And otherwise, Chinese people who immigrate to a non Chinese speaking country (mainly Europe, America, Australia) always have a huge problem with understanding words that can be pronounced with different tones. When you say a short "no" and a long "no" at first they think these are two different words.

True as many native English speakers will change their tones when they say something short or long to emphasize some other emotion. The one I always run into even when the Chinese person speaks very good English is confusing he, she and it - as Mandarin pronounces each the same (ta).