• Let him walk

16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 31 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1125262728293031323334353637516181 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin

is it true lin in chineses means breast? thats what it says on urbandictionary

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Well, according to urbandictionary.com it means "boobs" in Cantonese which is a totally different language from Mandarin, the language that is spoken in Taiwan and most of mainland China...

also did peeps here already mention the ESPN headline chink in the armor?

Lurker

LOL whoever wrote that article needs to be fired... found some hilarious memes at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] too

Originally Posted by metrocard

wow...

****...I'd sell "half my soul" for a Knicks 'ship(money & bitches would be included too) in a second!

But yeah, that vid was straight up garbage...what a fool.
    Last edited by unloopme; Feb 18, 2012 at 14:52.

Originally Posted by quiggle
    is it true lin in chineses means breast? thats what it says on urbandictionary

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Uh no - Jeremy's last name in characters is written 林. Its a very common surname in Taiwan and can mean a few different things but its most common meaning is forest. Its literally a picture of two tree characters 木. So... two trees equal forest.

Its pronounced Lin in English with a rising tone - start by lowering your pitch and then raising it to a normal level. That rising tone is actually quite important as "Lin" could be pronounced 5 different ways in Mandarin by changing the pitch differently, which is one of the two main reasons why studying Chinese as a native English speaker can be incredibly difficult.

And otherwise, Chinese people who immigrate to a non Chinese speaking country (mainly Europe, America, Australia) always have a huge problem with understanding words that can be pronounced with different tones. When you say a short "no" and a long "no" at first they think these are two different words.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    And otherwise, Chinese people who immigrate to a non Chinese speaking country (mainly Europe, America, Australia) always have a huge problem with understanding words that can be pronounced with different tones. When you say a short "no" and a long "no" at first they think these are two different words.
    True as many native English speakers will change their tones when they say something short or long to emphasize some other emotion. The one I always run into even when the Chinese person speaks very good English is confusing he, she and it - as Mandarin pronounces each the same (ta).

On a side note he is currently a 75 overall in 2K12

Originally Posted by quiggle
    also did peeps here already mention the ESPN headline chink in the armor?
    That's some inadvertent(hopefully) racist ****...but I'll admit, I laughed.

Originally Posted by unloopme
    That's some inadvertent(hopefully) racist ****...but I'll admit, I laughed.
    Anyone who didn't is a stuck up prude lol

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by portega1968
    Wow, we are truly living historic moments

I kinda lost love for Lin.

No offense, I think people call him smart due to conditioning. "asians are smart" is a big stereotype thing. If it was a black or PR player getting 9 turnovers in a game, they would be called a cancer, dumb as hell.

I'm just stating how stupid society can be, and its not their fault. These things are true.

Lin isn't smart like THAT on the basketball court. He has potential to be, but averaging 6+ turnovers a game is just not smart basketball. Not even AI or Kobe.

Lin has great agility, coordination, and skills. But its not his fault. He's a rookie being asked to carry an NBA playoff team. He's responded greatly, can score with ease. But I will never call Lin smart because he has a piece of paper, has nothing to do with basketball.

We should understand this Lin hype got too crazy and the media is going to ruin this kid. A lot of annoying asian bandwagon fans will flood, type of fans who don't care about the Knicks just want Lin taking every shot.

I like Lin, but guys like Mike Breen need to STFU and stop labeling him smart because he went to Havard and probably cause he's asian...its basketball irrelevant....its just lucrative for media and business...which what the NBA has become, just the WWE version of basketball.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I kinda lost love for Lin.

No offense, I think people call him smart due to conditioning. "asians are smart" is a big stereotype thing. If it was a black or PR player getting 9 turnovers in a game, they would be called a cancer, dumb as hell.

I'm just stating how stupid society can be, and its not their fault. These things are true.

Lin isn't smart like THAT on the basketball court. He has potential to be, but averaging 6+ turnovers a game is just not smart basketball. Not even AI or Kobe.

Lin has great agility, coordination, and skills. But its not his fault. He's a rookie being asked to carry an NBA playoff team. He's responded greatly, can score with ease. But I will never call Lin smart because he has a piece of paper, has nothing to do with basketball.

We should understand this Lin hype got too crazy and the media is going to ruin this kid. A lot of annoying asian bandwagon fans will flood, type of fans who don't care about the Knicks just want Lin taking every shot.

I like Lin, but guys like Mike Breen need to STFU and stop labeling him smart because he went to Havard and probably cause he's asian...its basketball irrelevant....its just lucrative for media and business...which what the NBA has become, just the WWE version of basketball.
    Glad I'm not the only Knicks fan to feel negativity because of this craze. I love Lin, but I want the attention to be on the Knicks in general.

I do think he's a smart guy on the court, but not because he's Asian. He just needs to cut down the turnovers which he will.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Well said.

I just see Lin as a playmaker.

Parker/Marbury type play maker

Parker's agility, Marbury's strength...and just can make a play happen with his penetration....assist or score...dynamic guard.

Game Thread

28 & 14

Down Goes Dallas
    Jeremy Lin and the Knicks battled back from a double-digit deficit to knock off the defending NBA champs.
    WHAT IT MEANS: Knicksanity!

On Sunday, the Knicks had arguably their most impressive win of the season against one of the league's best defensive teams, the Mavericks, who had won six straight games.

Linsanity rubbed off on all the Knicks, even on the team's latest acquisition J.R. Smith, who finished with 15 points off the bench. Jeremy Lin (a team-high 28 points and 14 assists) in the starting five and Steve Novak (14 points) off the bench led the team to the 104-97 win, and they climbed back to .500. They have now won eight of their past nine games.

TURNING POINT: After Dallas allowed 30 points in the first quarter -- the third-highest total the Mavericks have given up all season -- they stormed back with two big periods. In the second and third, they outscored the Knicks 55-40, doing it offensively through Dirk Nowitzki (a game-high 34 points), which created spacing for other shooters (Vince Carter and Jason Terry), and defensively with dynamic traps and rotations. After all, Dallas entered the game only allowing 90.8 points per game (fifth-best) and 41.4 shooting (tops in the league).

But in the fourth, the Knicks went off offensively. As MSG color analyst Walt Frazier would say, "Steve brought that Novacaine!" Novak tied the game at 75 for the first time since the first half with a 3-pointer and went on to hit two more, including a two-pointer. He finished with 14 points in only 21 minutes off the bench.

THE GOOD: With Facebook founder and Harvard grad Mark Zuckerberg sitting behind the Knicks' bench, Lin, a fellow alum, had arguably the best first quarter with the team. He had 10 points, three assists and 0 turnovers, which had been a problem for him starting games. On Friday in a 89-85 loss to the Hornets, Lin had eight turnovers in the first half alone. On Sunday, he finished with a seven throughout the game, but he didn't pack them in bunches. Lin's floor game from the tip enabled the Knicks to score those 30 points in the first quarter, including nine off the bench (all threes) for Smith.

The Knicks' struggled offensively to start the third quarter, going down 15-5, but then Lin picked them up by slicing though the lane and getting to the basket. He scored eight points to end the period, including a final fastbreak one-hand dunk. Lin carried that penetration ability over to the fourth quarter, finding Novak three times each for a 3-pointer. Lin had two himself in the final period.
    -ESPN