Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

kinein

Benchwarmer
Jeremy Lin went to the bench midway through the third quarter on Wednesday with a terrible stat line: 1-for-11 from the field, two points, two assists and a turnover.

One veteran Knick had a simple message for him as he sat down.

"This is when you have to prove that everything you've done up to this point is legit, [prove] what you're made of," Jared Jeffries told Lin.

ny_a_lin_jefferies_b5_400.jpg

Consider the point proven.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/14940/lin-finishes-strong-in-philly

Den318

Benchwarmer
Freaking Lin is just so clutch. He always show up to play on the 4th qtr. At this point in time, if the game is on the line, i want him to take the last shot or drive to the basket over anyone else on the team. Well....maybe Novak first, but that's it.

Jeremy Lin went to the bench midway through the third quarter on Wednesday with a terrible stat line: 1-for-11 from the field, two points, two assists and a turnover.

One veteran Knick had a simple message for him as he sat down.

ny_a_lin_jefferies_b5_400.jpg

Consider the point proven.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/14940/lin-finishes-strong-in-philly

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
Freaking Lin is just so clutch. He always show up to play on the 4th qtr. At this point in time, if the game is on the line, i want him to take the last shot or drive to the basket over anyone else on the team. Well....maybe Novak first, but that's it.

I'd trust him too. But 1 for 11 in the first 3 Q? That's a bit disappointing. The only comfort to me is that Kobe shot 3 for 20 a couple of days ago playing against the Jazz.

Any good player might get cold hands sometimes. We just need to keep supporting them! And have faith in them!

Benchwarmer
I'd trust him too. But 1 for 11 in the first 3 Q? That's a bit disappointing. The only comfort to me is that Kobe shot 3 for 20 a couple of days ago playing against the Jazz.

Any good player might get cold hands sometimes. We just need to keep supporting them! And have faith in them!
And, he's still relatively new as opposed to Kobe. :smokin:

Benchwarmer
I don't know if I'm seeing right, or if this IS a problem,
but I notice that Jeremy plays better under pressure.

I also notice that he plays better when he's the only point
guard for the night. Anyone else?

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I don't know if I'm seeing right, or if this IS a problem,
but I notice that Jeremy plays better under pressure.

I also notice that he plays better when he's the only point
guard for the night. Anyone else?

Not ball pressure but the pressure that comes from clutch situations yes.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
And, he's still relatively new as opposed to Kobe. :smokin:

Exactly!

By the way, as I can only assume that Lin will keep playing superb, and you will continue rooting for the Knicks, I have a feeling "newbie" will not be that much of an appropriate username afterall. :)

Benchwarmer
Exactly!

By the way, as I can only assume that Lin will keep playing superb, and you will continue rooting for the Knicks, I have a feeling "newbie" will not be that much of an appropriate username afterall. :)
I know, bad call. But, in case I ended up sounding "really, really" stupid,
I wanted everyone to know why.
:mrgreen:

kinein

Benchwarmer
I noticed Lin was only given - impact minutes for maybe 20? It seemed like Baron Davis got his wish and/or the Coach Woodson got his chance to find out how the offense and defense would play with the impact minutes largely given to Baron Davis.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
I noticed Lin was only given - impact minutes for maybe 20? It seemed like Baron Davis got his wish and/or the Coach Woodson got his chance to find out how the offense and defense would play with the impact minutes largely given to Baron Davis.

I don't think Woody gave Davis more impact minutes in this game. Lin was having an off night and Woody was forced to play Davis more.

One thing I did notice in the recent games is that Lin had not handled the ball as much as before. Maybe the lack of touches had thrown Lin off his game but he did cut down on his TOs lately with less burden of handling the point all by himself.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Just my opinion :) 26 minutes vs the 40-45minutes in the past.

Of which 2-3 minutes Knicks team ignored him, they went 2-3 posessions with him not even touching the ball, just being on the court ignored by teammates.

2-3 minutes of garbage time at end, then Woodson realized he was just wearing out Lin's legs in a blowout after JR Smiths 2 costly come-back killing turnovers.

If you watch a lot of the games where Novak goes off - Lin creates shots or sees openings and ignores everyone to give it to Novak when he is hot.
* The point statistic when Lin and Novak are working together is the highest scoring pairing - for the entire Knicks team.
* Knicks are putting too much on JR Smith, he isnt good under pressure. But can shoot from the parking lot when there is none - garbage time minutes or when we are up - usually.

kinein

Benchwarmer
I know he was having a tough game, but 25 minutes? Cripes.

Seriously -_- of which 5 were worthless minutes.

1/2 because his teammates on the floor with him at the time, completely ignored him.

1/2 because Coach stuck him in almost midway into the 4th, MID-Blowout... as if he was Bibby.

If he was hoping for a miracle, it was way too late ~ though I think the nails to the coffin came from JR Smith. 2 crucial turnovers in a row - completely telegraphed where he was passing.

If everyone is having an off-night ~ you need to go with your best options. Pair up Lin and Novak to be the main generators of points and have the others focus on rebounding & hustling.

If Lin and Novak are looking for good shots and hustling - they will pass the ball enough to :

1. either get open
2. create an opening for a teammate
3. Generate enough ball movement.
4. someone needs to be telling Lin: "YOU ARE THE MAN, OWN THIS"
* He is always blaming himself and taking every missed shot and every turnover - to heart. Sometimes I think its too much - because then he starts deferring too quickly, giving up his dribble, looking to pass - when he should move a bit more - or attack the basket then pass if he cant take it to the hole.

Den318

Benchwarmer
Knicks will not go far this year when the main focus on offense is Melo. He is having a terrible year shooting under 40%. He is playing way better D under Woodson but his shooting is still the same 39%. The offense should not focus on him. We should get Amar'e, Novak, Lin more shots. They have a higher chance of making them than Melo.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Minutes Break-Down.

Feb 14, 2012

Amare 34 min 21pts
Bill W. 30 min 8pts
Tyson 28 min 13pts
Landry 37 min 8 pts
JLIN 43 min 27 pts

Bench came up with 13pts total.
Bibby 0 min
Jared 19 min
Novak 19 min
Shump 27 min

-------------------------------------

March 20, 2012

Melo 31 min 17pts
Amare 34 min 22 pts
Tyson 29 min 17 pts
Landry 23 min 6 pts
JLIN 29 min 18 pts

Bench - 26 pts

Bibby 12 min 1 pt
Jared 19 min 4 pt
Novak 16 min 6pts
JRS 19 min 11 pts
Shump 22 min 4 pts

------------------------------------------------

March 23, 2012

Melo 30 min 12pts
Amare 34 min 17 pts
Tyson 32 min 2 pts
Landry 22 min 3 pts
JLIN 26 min 6 pts

---------------------

Bench 39 pts - including garbage minutes pts.

BD 22 min 5 pts
Novak 25 min 15 pts
JRS 23 min 7 pts
Shump 17 min 7 pts
Harrelson 7 min 2 pts

Turnover difference. Comparison between last 3 raptors game including last nights loss.
11, 16, 22.

Without BD, MELO, AMARE - only 10 turnovers. Looks about EQUAL to the Feb 10 game when all 3 were not playing vs Raptors.

Worst offenders this recent game:

Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire, Baron Davis w/ 4 each.

Score at Halftime: 36 - 39

# OF SHOTS BY JEREMY LIN 1st HALF : SIX

Score while Lin was on bench. 3rd to 4th. 44-53 -> 63-76
The time between - when Lin sat - and came-back in the 4th.

* 3rd quarter 1/3 - only 3 shots.
# SHOTS TAKEN BY LIN IN 3rd QUARTER - THREE, only THREE SHOTS in the entire 2nd half.

8:03 Jeremy Lin enters the game for Baron Davis 63-76
* during the 5-minutes Lin was in the game 4th Q - he took a total of 0 shots.
--- listed below are the shots that were taken while Lin was in - when he FINALLY got back in the 4th around 8minutes left.
JR Smith 1/3 * 2 turnovers in 7 seconds both for scores in 7 seconds.
Amare 0/2
Melo 0/2
Tyson - no shots, except offensive goaltending
Novak 0/1

Raptors 12-4 Run.

SHOTS TAKEN BY JEREMY LIN IN the 4th - ZERO
---------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to say it 1 more time - everyone had a poor game. Some more so than others -but there were some DRASTIC changes in this game. Woodson was experimenting, Guys were getting MORE MINUTES. Other guys were getting more chances - we see a lot of the bench being showcased and given the green-light by woodson.

* Ask yourself this, when was there a quarter that you saw Jeremy Lin make 0 shot attempts. ZERO.
* 3 shots in an ENTIRE 2nd HALF.

Last edited:

kinein

Benchwarmer
76ers Game.

STARTERS MIN FGM-A FTM-A TO PTS
Carmelo Anthony, SF 34 5-15 0-1 2 10
Amare Stoudemire, PF 37 8-14 5-8 2 21
Tyson Chandler, C 25 1-4 2-2 0 4
Landry Fields, G 18 3-3 2-3 0 8
Jeremy Lin, PG 36 4-17 10-10 2 18

BENCH MIN FGM-A FTM-A TO PTS
Baron Davis, PG 12 2-7 0-0 3 5
Jared Jeffries, PF 14 1-4 0-0 1 2
Steve Novak, SF 10 1-1 0-0 0 2
J.R. Smith, SG 29 3-11 1-2 2 8
Iman Shumpert, G 25 1-3 2-2 0 4

So upon some review.
* Carmelo normally hits 5/15 so that hasnt really changed. 30% is normal for him.
Big difference in 24 hrs
- minutes ::: which can be expanded upon concerning flow of game. offense. team chemistry. etc - intangibles
- shot attempts ::: with only 9 shots, you just have no idea ~ how he would have shot with 7-15 more attempts.
* You don't know if he could have gotten more lay-ups or aggressive attacks into the paint.

Woodson played the minutes - as if we were leading by a large margin. Not fighting to keep Toronto from blowing us out.

For historical perspective:

Lakers Game

Jeremy Lin: 39 Minutes 13-23 FreeThrows 10/13 38points.

*Note : Everyone had a bad night vs Raptors - please read my posts before you misunderstand me :)
- i think the entire team needs shooting drills and shoot practices - even on rest days.

Last edited:

kinein

Benchwarmer
B. Davis :
34 Minutes

3/12 Field Goals Made/Attempts 25% shooting.

1/5 3PM-Attempts

6/6 Free Trhows

5 Rebounds

7 Assists

1 Steal

9 Turnovers vs the Bucks.

* Jeremy Lin still deserves to be a starter.
Beyond simple #'s breakdown - the teams chemistry and flow on offense is better under Jeremy - stagnant under Baron. For whatever reason BD is disconnected with his teammates - then gets mad and starts blaming them.
EX: when he traveled with Jennings on him - then he started blaming everyone around him.