• Let him walk

16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 35 of 140 FirstFirst ... 51529303132333435363738394041556585 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin

How seriously do you guys take D'Antoni's comments about the possibility that Baron Davis could replace Lin as a starter?

I think this is nothing more than D'Antoni being respectful of Baron Davis, and that it would actually take a huge drop-off in Lin's production before something like that would seriously be considered.

Absolutely no chance. End of discussion.

MDA talking about Boom taking over the starting PG spot is nothing more than a way to keep both Lin and Baron motivated.

Today's NYT has a story, already reported elsewhere, about the possibility of Lin and BD playing together. According to the article, Davis would take primary point responsibilities, and Lin would play off the ball.

I would not like this for extended time, mostly because it would screw up the rest of the rotation. Also, I think they would be a very poor defensive combination.

But for playing a team like Miami which is capable of exerting an unusual amount of pressure on the ball-handler, it might well make sense, at least for stretches.

Veteran

Originally Posted by wynton
    But for playing a team like Miami which is capable of exerting an unusual amount of pressure on the ball-handler, it might well make sense, at least for stretches.
    Good point. Baron is the better ball handler and that's why coaches like D'Antoni get paid millions to figure this out.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

is Lin is a fraud?

Originally Posted by metrocard
    is Lin is a fraud?
    He'd be a good backup for a real PG. uhhhhh like Baron Davis.

is Lin is a fraud?
    He can't handle a good defensive team on the road yet, his handles are to sloppy and he's outta control.

Kid is just thrown into deep. It takes time before he knows how to adjust his game. You can't call a rookie who's been playing that well a fraud, especially looking at the money he makes. He makes typical rookie mistakes, he deserves some credit, but when he gets tough times we should play Baron with his experience. No big deal.

is Lin is a fraud?
    It's to early to say he's a fraud. But if you ask me was he the reason we lost the game today, my answer would be yes.

Veteran

*Lin had the same number of TO's as Baron, in 11 more minutes of court time

4 boards, 5 assists, some clutch baskets late.

And how about all the misses around the rim by Melo and Atari, off Lin passes?

Not a good game, but not horrible. If these are his "****" games, which I think they are, he is far from a fraud.

Especially w/ his novice experience, and playing teams who won't roll over for him.

If our max contract superstars ever start playing like it, and with the authority and expert control you'd expect from them, it will only make the job of Lin easier.

On top of everything else, Lin has been asked to stabilize the entire ship of the team, and harness the performances of Melo and Amare -- on top of his own game.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    *Lin had the same number of TO's as Baron, in 11 more minutes of court time

4 boards, 5 assists, some clutch baskets late.

And how about all the misses around the rim by Melo and Atari, off Lin passes?

Not a good game, but not horrible. If these are his "****" games, which I think they are, he is far from a fraud.

Especially w/ his novice experience, and playing teams who won't roll over for him.

If our max contract superstars ever start playing like it, and with the authority and expert control you'd expect from them, it will only make the job of Lin easier.

On top of everything else, Lin has been asked to stabilize the entire ship of the team, and harness the performances of Melo and Amare -- on top of his own game.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... Ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhh....

Aaaaaaaaaagggghhhhh. iSaYughh!!!

That is one of the more perfectly written posts I've seen since the cretaceous period. An attempt to add to it would do you injustice.

+ green.

Originally Posted by portega1968
    totally agree bro'

I mean, come on people.... Rondo for Lin? Davis start instead of Lin?

These moronic ideas are proof that the worse thing God created are idiots with self-initiative.
    Originally Posted by knicksin60
    I heard some people suggest that the Knicks trade Jeremy Lin for Rajon Rondo. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Why would anyone trade Lin for the overrated Rondo? Rondo would be cleaning bathrooms at Walmart this afternoon had it not been for the Big 3 in Boston.
    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Lins better then Rondo in just about every aspect of the game. Why would we want a point guard that cant shoot?
    I'm a huge Knick fan but it pisses me off how people have no reality of life because they are so biased by their team

I dont understand how anyone thinks Lin is better than Rondo. The only thing that Lin is better than rondo at is shooting. And in all honesty thats not that important especially in Dantoni's offense when Rondo would be surrounded by all of our talent.

That being said there is no way Boston would trade rondo for Lin
    Last edited by insanity4289; Mar 04, 2012 at 19:34.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... Ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhh....

Aaaaaaaaaagggghhhhh. iSaYughh!!!

That is one of the more perfectly written posts I've seen since the cretaceous period. An attempt to add to it would do you injustice.

+ green.

Ahhh, the best and most joyous period outside of having barebacked a high-school girl with surprisingly wise facial features.

I am still but the Luigi to your Mario.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Rondo is okay. Still overrated.