View Poll Results: What to do with Lin?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

    16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

    27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

    13 23.21%
Page 38 of 140 FirstFirst ... 81832333435363738394041424344586888 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

  1. #556
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Nyk Logo JLIN poster

    JLIN's story inspired me, so I painted a poster. Took a lot of work but JLIN is worth it!


    If you like it, you can purchase the print [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Thanks!!
    After melo is back he's not really himself but I hope we can see Linsanity again in no time!
    Last edited by kuroe702; Mar 07, 2012 at 11:27. Reason: adding image

  2. #557
    Member GoKnicks!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Knickelodeon
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ^^^^spam!^^^^^^^ .

  3. #558
    Veteran quiggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    some of us should realize the Lin screwed us Knicks fans

    first, because of his play Dantoni will probably end up getting a contract extension. none of true Knicks want him here and because of Lin the opposite has happened. now say Linsanity never happened and this team sank lower and lower then the chances of Dantoni coming back are absolutely 0. no championships anytime soon

    second, this Linsanity garbage cost the rise in ticket prices and screws the average fans from going to Knicks games, really the schmoo who started follinwg Lin like Tebow is in another state and dont care about going to the games.

  4. #559
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    LOL. So if the Knicks were playing like the Miami Heat or Chicago Bulls the prices of tickets would still be less than these "Linsanity" prices?

    If you want to be able to afford Knicks tickets you better hope the Knicks will keep on sucking because that's the only way the ticket prices will stay low.

  5. #560
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I feel the need to mention that I am not ready to jump off the Lin bandwagon just yet.

    Looking over the past several games, it seems to me that Lin is starting to learn how to deal with the trapping and various schemes being thrown at him. I believe in his ability to learn and adopt, though there will likely be more painful games in store.

    I also want to mention that it would help if the rest of the team stepped up. Last night, Lin had a bad shooting night, but only 2 turnovers. When trapped, he did what he was supposed to and got rid of the ball without forcing things. He can do a better job of this by passing more quickly. But once those traps occur, it is up to the 4 others on the floor to swing the ball quickly and get what should be a pretty open shot. That never happened last night.

    If a defense is determined to take the ball out of Lin's hands, there's not much he will be able to do other than trust the rest of the team to respond. Once they do, the trapping will decrease and Lin will have more openings to attack the basket.

  6. #561
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Lin is definitely playing with a "different team" than before.

    He was basically playing with the current 2nd unit and Chandler, which as a whole, was faster and tough on defense. Plus these guys didn't necessary looking to score, which allowed Lin to take (and looking to take) more shots.

    With the currently starters, Lin has to feed Melo and Stat the ball. When these guys don't hit (uh-huh), he has to try to score, but now thru the double-teams. Plus w/the bad defense (slower) of the first unit, his TO's are pretty much sure points for the other team.

  7. #562
    Superstar elcol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    the hugest difference between the linsanity stretch and now is NOT the point guard, it is the 2-4 spots assuming chandler was there for both linsanity and the current stretch. these guys just seem to work much more efficiently with either lin or davis on the floor(novak/shump/jeffries/etc) for some reason they simply outperformed the starters and that really helped make lin a much better player, now nobody in the starting 5 is in their groove, even landry played much better during linsanity but he is also falling off.. (we need SPACING)

  8. #563
    Member GoKnicks!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Knickelodeon
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by red32
    Lin is definitely playing with a "different team" than before.

    He was basically playing with the current 2nd unit and Chandler, which as a whole, was faster and tough on defense. Plus these guys didn't necessary looking to score, which allowed Lin to take (and looking to take) more shots.

    With the currently starters, Lin has to feed Melo and Stat the ball. When these guys don't hit (uh-huh), he has to try to score, but now thru the double-teams. Plus w/the bad defense (slower) of the first unit, his TO's are pretty much sure points for the other team.
    Yes to all this, and worry about being pounded. That Kidd foul was wrong on so many levels. Knocks him in the head, then pulls his hair, and Marion hitting him in the chest. I know he has to pay his dues, but that's some ****ed up ****.

  9. #564
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    Lin does a lot more right then wrong.....There us absolutely no reason to change to Baron Davis....

    what will you say if Davis starts to struggles or is not feeling 100% ?

    we cannot be the team that is forever changing.......Right now is a real test for LIN. If he can get through this then we the Knicks get stronger.....worse case he struggles and Davis comes in......why mess with a guy when all he has done is play great minus the few games....

    The " teams will be scouting him " his garbage.....Of course they will as they will every player of every NBA team.....

    Lets see what LIN is made up and lets keep Davis healthy off the bench.....we will not win a playoff series unless both are healthy.....

    Against Bos, Mia, and Dal Lin did a lot more harm than good the tone he set in all 3 of those games was so bad the starting lineup looks like trash mostly because of him.

    He does not know how to handle traps and good defensive teams keying in on him.

    He's def not as confident for some reason with Melo and Amare in the lineup not to mention he rarely hits them, how's two volume scorers supposed to get going if they don't get a lot of touches early he goes to Fields and TC way too much.

    He looks way out control playing against these good teams on the road and their forcing him to throw these terrible passes that keep leading to mad turnovers.

    In my eyes he'd be better off coming off the bench because there's less pressure, worse competition, and he played his best with basically the bench players.

    I still think the kid has a bright future but he's not ready yet especially for what Knicks fans unless you guys are ok with a first round exit. As it stands right now NY will be playing either Miami or Chicago in the first round do any of you think Lin can handle those teams starting lineups defense because I really don't and I know it won't be pretty watching him wildly drive into the lane with no option to really pass or shoot and try to force something either way.

    Now for Baron Davis I know he's not BD from 07 or a top 10 pg anymore or even fully healthy yet. The only thing that matters is he can handle pressure and knows how to effectively set the tone. Even he struggles scoring at least the game will be under control from the offensive end with on the court. And I bet he does a better job of feeding Melo and Amare.

  10. #565
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by GoKnicks!
    Yes to all this, and worry about being pounded. That Kidd foul was wrong on so many levels. Knocks him in the head, then pulls his hair, and Marion hitting him in the chest. I know he has to pay his dues, but that's some ****ed up ****.
    Kidd beat his wife so of course he would take a shot at LIN.........

  11. #566
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Against Bos, Mia, and Dal Lin did a lot more harm than good the tone he set in all 3 of those games was so bad the starting lineup looks like trash mostly because of him.

    He does not know how to handle traps and good defensive teams keying in on him.

    He's def not as confident for some reason with Melo and Amare in the lineup not to mention he rarely hits them, how's two volume scorers supposed to get going if they don't get a lot of touches early he goes to Fields and TC way too much.

    He looks way out control playing against these good teams on the road and their forcing him to throw these terrible passes that keep leading to mad turnovers.

    In my eyes he'd be better off coming off the bench because there's less pressure, worse competition, and he played his best with basically the bench players.

    I still think the kid has a bright future but he's not ready yet especially for what Knicks fans unless you guys are ok with a first round exit. As it stands right now NY will be playing either Miami or Chicago in the first round do any of you think Lin can handle those teams starting lineups defense because I really don't and I know it won't be pretty watching him wildly drive into the lane with no option to really pass or shoot and try to force something either way.

    Now for Baron Davis I know he's not BD from 07 or a top 10 pg anymore or even fully healthy yet. The only thing that matters is he can handle pressure and knows how to effectively set the tone. Even he struggles scoring at least the game will be under control from the offensive end with on the court. And I bet he does a better job of feeding Melo and Amare.
    Lin definitely needs to improve on handling trapping on p-n-r, but a lot of this is experience and knowing where your team mates would jump to. I think this is where D'Antoni should be focusing on. Hopefully there is still time and enough games left to sort this out.

    Melo and Stat definitely need more touches, but they are not moving w/o the ball as well as Fields and TC. When you move and create spacing and opening, it makes it easier to the ball handler to get you the ball. Oh well, TC is taller than most, so it's easier to p-n-r with (Stat is not as easy that's why Stat usually ends up w/mid-range jump shots off the p-n-r instead of going to the basket, but when he doesn't hit...)

    Lin is in a touch spot. He needs to make good decision on when to take the shot and when to pass. Maybe he should play more w/the 2nd unit, so he won't be criticized for not giving others touches.

    I like the way BD is playing, but if you really compare he and Lin (the way they are defended), the other teams would not double-team BD, and they probably don't see him as a scoring threat - he gets room to operate. This is respect to Lin - they know that if they let up, he will make the good passes and score on them.

    It may not be a bad idea to let BD start one game and see (without people/media making a big fuss, yeah right) since we still have time.

  12. #567
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by red32
    Lin definitely needs to improve on handling trapping on p-n-r, but a lot of this is experience and knowing where your team mates would jump to. I think this is where D'Antoni should be focusing on. Hopefully there is still time and enough games left to sort this out.

    Melo and Stat definitely need more touches, but they are not moving w/o the ball as well as Fields and TC. When you move and create spacing and opening, it makes it easier to the ball handler to get you the ball. Oh well, TC is taller than most, so it's easier to p-n-r with (Stat is not as easy that's why Stat usually ends up w/mid-range jump shots off the p-n-r instead of going to the basket, but when he doesn't hit...)

    Lin is in a touch spot. He needs to make good decision on when to take the shot and when to pass. Maybe he should play more w/the 2nd unit, so he won't be criticized for not giving others touches.

    I like the way BD is playing, but if you really compare he and Lin (the way they are defended), the other teams would not double-team BD, and they probably don't see him as a scoring threat - he gets room to operate. This is respect to Lin - they know that if they let up, he will make the good passes and score on them.

    It may not be a bad idea to let BD start one game and see (without people/media making a big fuss, yeah right) since we still have time.

    I agree with you, you have some good points

  13. #568
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    14

    Thumbs up

    Originally Posted by wynton
    I feel the need to mention that I am not ready to jump off the Lin bandwagon just yet.

    Looking over the past several games, it seems to me that Lin is starting to learn how to deal with the trapping and various schemes being thrown at him. I believe in his ability to learn and adopt, though there will likely be more painful games in store.

    I also want to mention that it would help if the rest of the team stepped up. Last night, Lin had a bad shooting night, but only 2 turnovers. When trapped, he did what he was supposed to and got rid of the ball without forcing things. He can do a better job of this by passing more quickly. But once those traps occur, it is up to the 4 others on the floor to swing the ball quickly and get what should be a pretty open shot. That never happened last night.

    If a defense is determined to take the ball out of Lin's hands, there's not much he will be able to do other than trust the rest of the team to respond. Once they do, the trapping will decrease and Lin will have more openings to attack the basket.
    Agreed. D'Antoni should have anticipated this and implemented how to beat the trap in practice- which he had time for. But I'd bet he didn't. I bet it was mostly shooting drills. I've seen guy's leave and not even know they are to inbound the ball. SMH.


    Originally Posted by red32
    Lin is definitely playing with a "different team" than before.

    He was basically playing with the current 2nd unit and Chandler, which as a whole, was faster and tough on defense. Plus these guys didn't necessary looking to score, which allowed Lin to take (and looking to take) more shots.

    With the currently starters, Lin has to feed Melo and Stat the ball. When these guys don't hit (uh-huh), he has to try to score, but now thru the double-teams. Plus w/the bad defense (slower) of the first unit, his TO's are pretty much sure points for the other team.
    Yes, this is why after MIA & BOS, and after viewing BD, it's clear BD is a better choice for starter, and finisher. Lin off the bench.


    Originally Posted by GoKnicks!
    Yes to all this, and worry about being pounded. That Kidd foul was wrong on so many levels. Knocks him in the head, then pulls his hair, and Marion hitting him in the chest. I know he has to pay his dues, but that's some ****ed up ****.
    Yes, clearly a flagrant foul.

    Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Against Bos, Mia, and Dal Lin did a lot more harm than good the tone he set in all 3 of those games was so bad the starting lineup looks like trash mostly because of him.

    He does not know how to handle traps and good defensive teams keying in on him.

    He's def not as confident for some reason with Melo and Amare in the lineup not to mention he rarely hits them, how's two volume scorers supposed to get going if they don't get a lot of touches early he goes to Fields and TC way too much.

    He looks way out control playing against these good teams on the road and their forcing him to throw these terrible passes that keep leading to mad turnovers.

    In my eyes he'd be better off coming off the bench because there's less pressure, worse competition, and he played his best with basically the bench players.

    I still think the kid has a bright future but he's not ready yet especially for what Knicks fans unless you guys are ok with a first round exit. As it stands right now NY will be playing either Miami or Chicago in the first round do any of you think Lin can handle those teams starting lineups defense because I really don't and I know it won't be pretty watching him wildly drive into the lane with no option to really pass or shoot and try to force something either way.

    Now for Baron Davis I know he's not BD from 07 or a top 10 pg anymore or even fully healthy yet. The only thing that matters is he can handle pressure and knows how to effectively set the tone. Even he struggles scoring at least the game will be under control from the offensive end with on the court. And I bet he does a better job of feeding Melo and Amare.
    Agreed. It's not the popular thing to do, but fortunately we've seen enough scenarios to accurately gauge Lin.

  14. #569
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    the problem is:
    There are Melo and Stats who always want the ball and isolation. They dont move at all! there is no rotation. Lin pass the ball to them, they shoot and miss.

    Earlier without Melo and Stat, there were more movements, so Lin could penetrate.

    Stat and Melo are great players but they cant co-exist.

    Jeffries, Stats/Melo, Chandler, Shumpert, Lin.

    That would be a balanced team. Either Stat or Melo to the 2. Unit. But its difficult because both of them are super high-paid stars

  15. #570
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by grauser01
    the problem is:
    There are Melo and Stats who always want the ball and isolation. They dont move at all! there is no rotation. Lin pass the ball to them, they shoot and miss.

    Earlier without Melo and Stat, there were more movements, so Lin could penetrate.

    Stat and Melo are great players but they cant co-exist.

    Jeffries, Stats/Melo, Chandler, Shumpert, Lin.

    That would be a balanced team. Either Stat or Melo to the 2. Unit. But its difficult because both of them are super high-paid stars

    +1
    We will be back to 7 game under .500 soon with those two. Can we trade one of them before the march 15 deadline? I would like to keep Amare over Melo. Amare have a smaller ego.
    Last edited by Den318; Mar 07, 2012 at 22:31.

Similar Threads

  1. Was Jeremy Lin At 100% While With the Knicks??
    By tkrieger in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Oct 01, 2012, 07:53
  2. Replies: 55
    Last Post: Sep 10, 2012, 13:05
  3. New York Knicks @ Toronto Raptors Tuesday 2/14 7:00PM
    By AmareForPresident in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 403
    Last Post: Feb 16, 2012, 01:07
  4. The Rise of Jeremy Lin
    By Cakalusa in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 10, 2012, 16:17
  5. The Ups and Downs of the Jeremy Lin Experience
    By KBlack25 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 08, 2012, 11:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •