• Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 39 of 140 FirstFirst ... 91933343536373839404142434445596989 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Originally Posted by Den318
    +1
    We will be back to 7 game under .500 soon with those. Can we trade one of them before the march 15 deadline? I would like to keep Amare over Melo. Amare have a smaller ego.
    Are you smoking crack? Have you watched Amare play this season? I could go right around him for an easy layup. Our opponents attack him almost every time up the court when he's in the game. Then he goes out and our second team comes into the game and we start to catch up. Then he comes back in and our run vanishes. F Amare, He needs to GTFO NY. He can take MDA with him!

+1
    We will be back to 7 game under .500 soon with those two. Can we trade one of them before the march 15 deadline? I would like to keep Amare over Melo. Amare have a smaller ego.
    Those two are pretty much untradeable right now.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Are you smoking crack? Have you watched Amare play this season? I could go right around him for an easy layup. Our opponents attack him almost every time up the court when he's in the game. Then he goes out and our second team comes into the game and we start to catch up. Then he comes back in and our run vanishes. F Amare, He needs to GTFO NY. He can take MDA with him!

I am NOT saying Amare is great. He suck too, especially his D. But i will choose him over Melo if we have to trade one. Melo is cancer to the Knicks.

I am NOT saying Amare is great. He suck too, especially his D. But i will choose him over Melo if we have to trade one. Melo is cancer to the Knicks.
    I can live with Stat's offense but I dont want to see him playing defense anymore. It's a pain to watch him being so slow and soft in the defense. He should be more like Chandler.

Amare seems to be slowly getting back to normal, Melo still can't really play his game, and Lin just is not ready yet. Those are the 3 biggest player issues but in my eyes the biggest issue is with MDA I think a better coach would have all these player meshing a lot better than he has by now.

Lin seems to have lost that killer instinct and aggressiveness that started the winning streak. Of course that was without our "Max Cats" in the lineup. Now Lin has to play NBA Politician and make sure everybody gets their shots.

Default The Best Way to Play These Cards..........

This is my first post on the Knicks forum.........

And I will admit, I'm here solely because of Jeremy Lin..... I have never been more addicted to an individual player. My team happens to be the Clippers, and they're now playing even worse than the Knicks.

First some observations......

As some here realize, Carmelo is a one-on-one clearout type player. I personally think he should be on the floor whenever Jeremy Lin is off the floor. The times they are on the floor, the team should mix plays through Lin and plays through Melo. But because Melo is passive off the ball, it becomes so much easier for the defense to converge on Lin. So these players should only be together against less-than-stellar defensive teams. The only time they should be on the floor together is at the start of a game, or if they need a big basket late.

The one thing nobody talks about in Jeremy Lin's game is his defense. I think this is the one part of his game that made "Linsanity" possible. (Steve Nash gets great offensive numbers, but his teams still lose because he can't play defense.) He does get a lot of steals, but he also alters a lot of shots, and is an above-average on-the-ball defender. He seems to be learning fast in fighting through screens. The only time Tony Parker had trouble driving to the basket was when Lin was guarding him. (Which I find surprising because Parker had no problem with Shumpert.) He was the only Knicks player that played decent "D" against the Spurs. My only worry about Lin as a defender is he should maybe play less pressure early, to avoid foul trouble.

I think Lin's weaknesses are curable...... Weak left hand, tends to shoot cold early (his shooting gets better late in games), and sometimes tends to look down when in traffic, losing sight of open players. But again all fixable.

And finally, we need a backup center whose purpose is to disrupt things in the paint. Harrellson is not quite that player, and should not be shooting three point shots.

Starting lineup: Lin, Stoudemire, Shumpert, Carmelo, and Chandler

First bench rotation: Novak or Fields for Shumpert, Jeffries for Carmelo, Harrellson for Chandler.
    Second bench rotation: Baron for Lin, Carmelo or JR Smith for Stoudemire.

Second half and leading: Same as starting lineup. Maybe play Fields instead of Shumpert.
    Second half and trailing: Jeffries or Novak instead of Carmelo.
    Second half small lineup: Lin, Davis, Shumpert, Novak, Jeffries.
    Crunch time offense: Lin, Carmelo, Novak, Shumpert, Stoudemire.
    Crunch time defense: Lin, Shumpert, Jeffries, Davis, and Chandler.

Play Carmelo as much as possible whenever Lin is on the bench.
    Last edited by tkrieger; Mar 08, 2012 at 02:32.

Originally Posted by tkrieger

The one thing nobody talks about in Jeremy Lin's game is his defense. I think this is the one part of his game that made "Linsanity" possible. (Steve Nash gets great offensive numbers, but his teams still lose because he can't play defense.) He does get a lot of steals, but he also alters a lot of shots, and is an above-average on-the-ball defender. He seems to be learning fast in fighting through screens. The only time Tony Parker had trouble driving to the basket was when Lin was guarding him. (Which I find surprising because Parker had no problem with Shumpert.) He was the only Knicks player that played decent "D" against the Spurs. My only worry about Lin as a defender is he should maybe play less pressure early, to avoid foul trouble.

I think Lin's weaknesses are curable...... Weak left hand, tends to shoot cold early (his shooting gets better late in games), and sometimes tends to look down when in traffic, losing sight of open players. But again all fixable.
    So true!

Yeah, Lin is not the best defender, but he is not the worst defender either.

He lacks experience, height, weight and long arms to be a great defender.

But he has speed and quick hands to make it difficult for any PG to dribble. Tony Parker didnt get so many points because Lin couldnt defend him. Duncan did a good job to block Lin , only Amare did a bad job to switch and to hinder Parker to shoot.

Lin has proven that he is a very good player who can lift his team. He should be aggressive again, but with Melo + Stat he doesnt play his natural style.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

**** Lin

Melo killed Linsanity and the Knicks season ONCE AGAIN. What's the Knicks record with him this year? 10-20?? 8-1 without him? Shooting 40%fg and under 30% from 3. Can we have a refund? God, please trade him before the deadline.

Originally Posted by grauser01
    So true!

Yeah, Lin is not the best defender, but he is not the worst defender either.

He lacks experience, height, weight and long arms to be a great defender.
    While true, his anticipation, quick reactions, and foot speed make up for that. I mean, look at the final play of the first half of the Spurs game..... Tony Parker driving to the basket, Lin by himself forced Parker to dish off to Manu Ginobili, and it took a great shot by Ginobili to score. In spite of the other Knicks being total spectators on that play.

I think only Shumpert and Jeffries are better defenders than Lin. And it makes me cringe that D'Antoni hasn't noticed this, when he platooned Lin to the bench on defense at the end of regulation in Boston.

Originally Posted by Red
    Yes, this is why after MIA & BOS, and after viewing BD, it's clear BD is a better choice for starter, and finisher. Lin off the bench.
    I'm not sure BD will be a better starter. He's not having any less TO's than Lin, but with him you lose the scoring potential from Lin (going to the basket). And since other team probably wouldn't need to double-team BD, this means that we are pretty much back to the 1-on-1 offense again.

Lin does needs to slow down a bit. The 2 old guys just can't keep up...

Originally Posted by czoneny
    Now Lin has to play NBA Politician and make sure everybody gets their shots.
    I think that's an incredible take. Lin's play seems to have gone from instinctual reactions to a complete neurotic processing of the game that just creates massive amounts of indecision and second guessing for your mentioned reasons.

It doesn't help when your STAR teammates can't hit a damn shot. Or when your STAR PF does a pick n' roll with and lets the entire WORLD know he's open by immediately throwing both his hands up into the air. OHHH OHHHHH LOOK AT ME EVERYONE IM OPEN!! You gotta be incognegroe with that **** as you roll to the basket. If he could jump and catch an ally, it would also help so teams would play back on him on the roll. Instead they crowd him so he can't get a low pass.

Melo cant make a jumper to save his life. 38% shooting for the season.

J.R. Smith cant shoot since first game here.

Fields can't play with Melo on the floor cause Melo is stagnant and doesnt keep the defenders moving.

Lin gets trapped and double teamed constantly cause the only person he can pass to and know is gonna sink a shot is Novak who is now being smothered by the other team.

There is a reason why every time we won in the past 15 games, Lin had 8+ assists and Novak had 15+ points. It's not rocket science people. Our star PF is no longer the threat he was inside and our star SF has lost his shooting touch because he cant jack 20+ shots a game anymore. Simply put Melo and STAT need to perform with Lin or sit the **** down and let the guys who have proven to perform with him, PLAY!

Originally Posted by JazRedGT
    It doesn't help when your STAR teammates can't hit a damn shot. Or when your STAR PF does a pick n' roll with and lets the entire WORLD know he's open by immediately throwing both his hands up into the air. OHHH OHHHHH LOOK AT ME EVERYONE IM OPEN!! You gotta be incognegroe with that **** as you roll to the basket. If he could jump and catch an ally, it would also help so teams would play back on him on the roll. Instead they crowd him so he can't get a low pass.

Melo cant make a jumper to save his life. 38% shooting for the season.

J.R. Smith cant shoot since first game here.

Fields can't play with Melo on the floor cause Melo is stagnant and doesnt keep the defenders moving.

Lin gets trapped and double teamed constantly cause the only person he can pass to and know is gonna sink a shot is Novak who is now being smothered by the other team.

There is a reason why every time we won in the past 15 games, Lin had 8+ assists and Novak had 15+ points. It's not rocket science people. Our star PF is no longer the threat he was inside and our star SF has lost his shooting touch because he cant jack 20+ shots a game anymore. Simply put Melo and STAT need to perform with Lin or sit the **** down and let the guys who have proven to perform with him, PLAY!

Totally agreed with you. If any team want those two bums, we should just give them away.