• Let him walk

16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 42 of 140 FirstFirst ... 122236373839404142434445464748627292 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin

I just thought if we want to talk about Lin, we should discuss, at least some of it, in this thread.

Here's what I want to discuss:

Can Lin bring us a title? He is, to many people, just an average PG, or a B- type PG.

I'd say YES! He can bring us a title. Why?

You can't just look at numbers. Kobe shot 3 for 20 last night against the Utah Jazz but he's still a star.
    Lin is capable of scoring more, but he'd rather sacrifice his numbers to get a team win. He once said the reason he didn't like D-League was becasue people there only cared about numbers/statistics. He's definitely got the agressiveness needed to fight for the title. And it will happen. Mark my word.

Originally Posted by rogeryy
    I just thought if we want to talk about Lin, we should discuss, at least some of it, in this thread.

Here's what I want to discuss:

Can Lin bring us a title? He is, to many people, just an average PG, or a B- type PG.

I'd say YES! He can bring us a title. Why?

You can't just look at numbers. Kobe shot 3 for 20 last night against the Utah Jazz but he's still a star.
    Lin is capable of scoring more, but he'd rather sacrifice his numbers to get a team win. He once said the reason he didn't like D-League was becasue people there only cared about numbers/statistics. He's definitely got the agressiveness needed to fight for the title. And it will happen. Mark my word.

See thats asking too much from Lin too soon he can be an integral part of a championship team but he's not gonna be the player that leads you there.

My thinking is that no matter how well Jeremy Lin plays, if the rest of the team doesn't play well, then there is no title. If he plays lousy, and the rest of the team plays well, who knows for sure as it only takes one extra point to win a game.

It has to be a group effort.

Originally Posted by Newbie
    My thinking is that no matter how well Jeremy Lin plays, if the rest of the team doesn't play well, then there is no title. If he plays lousy, and the rest of the team plays well, who knows for sure as it only takes one extra point to win a game.

It has to be a group effort.
    Yup. Thats why I've been happy to see the effort Amare, Carmelo and the rest of the team has shown in terms of defense and rebounding. Oh and Landry for sure - he can't let teams shoot 3s on his watch - wide open.

Glad that Woodson is bringing the accountability hammer to the court.

Bumping this.

Jeremy Lin went to the bench midway through the third quarter on Wednesday with a terrible stat line: 1-for-11 from the field, two points, two assists and a turnover.

One veteran Knick had a simple message for him as he sat down.

"This is when you have to prove that everything you've done up to this point is legit, [prove] what you're made of," Jared Jeffries told Lin.

Consider the point proven.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Freaking Lin is just so clutch. He always show up to play on the 4th qtr. At this point in time, if the game is on the line, i want him to take the last shot or drive to the basket over anyone else on the team. Well....maybe Novak first, but that's it.

Originally Posted by kinein
    Jeremy Lin went to the bench midway through the third quarter on Wednesday with a terrible stat line: 1-for-11 from the field, two points, two assists and a turnover.

One veteran Knick had a simple message for him as he sat down.

Consider the point proven.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by Den318
    Freaking Lin is just so clutch. He always show up to play on the 4th qtr. At this point in time, if the game is on the line, i want him to take the last shot or drive to the basket over anyone else on the team. Well....maybe Novak first, but that's it.
    I'd trust him too. But 1 for 11 in the first 3 Q? That's a bit disappointing. The only comfort to me is that Kobe shot 3 for 20 a couple of days ago playing against the Jazz.

Any good player might get cold hands sometimes. We just need to keep supporting them! And have faith in them!

I'd trust him too. But 1 for 11 in the first 3 Q? That's a bit disappointing. The only comfort to me is that Kobe shot 3 for 20 a couple of days ago playing against the Jazz.

Any good player might get cold hands sometimes. We just need to keep supporting them! And have faith in them!
    And, he's still relatively new as opposed to Kobe.

I don't know if I'm seeing right, or if this IS a problem,
    but I notice that Jeremy plays better under pressure.

I also notice that he plays better when he's the only point
    guard for the night. Anyone else?

I don't know if I'm seeing right, or if this IS a problem,
    but I notice that Jeremy plays better under pressure.

I also notice that he plays better when he's the only point
    guard for the night. Anyone else?
    Not ball pressure but the pressure that comes from clutch situations yes.

And, he's still relatively new as opposed to Kobe.
    Exactly!

By the way, as I can only assume that Lin will keep playing superb, and you will continue rooting for the Knicks, I have a feeling "newbie" will not be that much of an appropriate username afterall.

Exactly!

By the way, as I can only assume that Lin will keep playing superb, and you will continue rooting for the Knicks, I have a feeling "newbie" will not be that much of an appropriate username afterall.
    I know, bad call. But, in case I ended up sounding "really, really" stupid,
    I wanted everyone to know why.

I noticed Lin was only given - impact minutes for maybe 20? It seemed like Baron Davis got his wish and/or the Coach Woodson got his chance to find out how the offense and defense would play with the impact minutes largely given to Baron Davis.

Originally Posted by kinein
    I noticed Lin was only given - impact minutes for maybe 20? It seemed like Baron Davis got his wish and/or the Coach Woodson got his chance to find out how the offense and defense would play with the impact minutes largely given to Baron Davis.
    I don't think Woody gave Davis more impact minutes in this game. Lin was having an off night and Woody was forced to play Davis more.

One thing I did notice in the recent games is that Lin had not handled the ball as much as before. Maybe the lack of touches had thrown Lin off his game but he did cut down on his TOs lately with less burden of handling the point all by himself.