Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Lin's deal does have an effect on our cap after this year his balloon salary in year 3 might essentially effect us from making any major moves as all we would have is this 3mil mle and draft picks or lack there of

I'm using a cell phone right now but from my understanding if we match there is no way we can compete outside of this year as our ability to effectively add role players will be shot, what if Lin is not the answer at PG and he flops, then we have a huge deal deep in the luxury tax and no room to grow

Felton, Kidd and Prigioni should get the job done, if we maintain Lin I'll be fine with that but realistically its a big risk

Alot of you aren't realizing it, but Lin really doesn't have a big effect, Grunwald is smart and is doing his job. Lin or no Lin, we are pretty well handcuffed for 3 years, being only able to get vet mins unless we pull of a trade, this is pretty much our team to try to win with for 3 years, but don't sweat the flexibility, these deals expire in 3 years not by chance. We'll have amazing expirings for trades, and guys like Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving will be coming out of their contracts then, so we try to win with these guys then in theory reload, Love in for Amare, Kyrie in for Lin, realize that's optimistic but we have a good core for 3 years then will have strong flexibility to replace old guys with younger ones towards the end of that run

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
bye bye OSh*t! Felton is a true PG, and insurance. he played well for the Knicks and it's great to have him back, he helped STAT shine and god knows we need that more than anything. to get him in a S&T is a great move, IMHO. now chill.

Agreed. Its true that he had a bad year with the Blazers last season, but their losing percentage made people overreact to it, IMO. 11.4 ppg and 6.5 apg is nothing to sneeze at, especially during a condensed lockout season with no proper training camp.

elcol

Rotation player
LaughingHorse.gif

goodone.gif

STAT1

Starter
This is pretty laughable if true. Lin is going back to play on the team that CUT HIM last year & leaving the team that gave him a shot to become a cultural & basketball phenomenon, & the KNICKS are the ones that slighted him here??? Ridiculous. I love Jeremy Lin, rooted for him like crazy he took this franchise from the worst point of the season last year & breathed new life into the Garden, will ALWAYS be appreciative for that. But he needs to check himself & figure out if he never got the chance to show his skills in NYC last year, Linsanity would never have happened & he wouldn't be signing that offer sheet he's signing right now to begin with.

Take this with a grain of salt, I'm not sure if this whole story is true or not, could just be some sensationalist reporting by another journalist to create a stir. But regardless I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that Lin went & worked out a different deal with the Rockets that made him staying with the Knicks a much more difficult pill to swallow. I think he screwed himself out of marketing value if he ends up in Houston next season personally. Don't see the logic in doing that just to make an extra few million on his contract.

Last edited:

Wargames

Starter
Cause whenever you have the chance to sign a Fat PG who helped lead a mutiny on his last team and 2 guys old enough to retire to be his backups .....

You just got to do it...:barf:

I actually like this move. I agree with Crazy8s, a motivated Ray Felton is scary. Felton was the only player of the Melo deal that I didn't want to see go. It didn't even look like we were going to match Lin's offer anyways so instead of coming up empty handed we traded Jeffries(easily replaceable), a DNP in Gadzuric for Felton and vet in Kurt Thomas that I remember not to long ago was killing it with the Bulls. There is no way Felton will not be motivated when he will have Amare, Melo, Tyson, and Kidd etc. I still think the Knicks FO has something up their sleeve, only time will tell..

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
The Melo man has spoken!

Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
?@rodboone: Melo on Knicks/Lin: "It's not up to me. It's up to the organization to say that they want to match that ridiculous contract."?

elcol

Rotation player
It's funny you guys say why do we care how much he makes but call STAT and Melo overpaid

Lin gettin that deal would kill any flexibility we have come year 3 with aging role players

I'm a Knicks fan who understands that cap flexibility is going to be key with the new CBA

Everybody knows EXACTLY how overpaid Lin would be if he signed to either the Knicks or Rockets.

But it has come to "Why Not?". the knicks have no flexibility anyway with amare, melo, and chandler on the payroll...

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
To be clear, Melo wasn?t taking a shot at Lin, he was taking a shot at the Rockets for the ridiculous $14.9M balloon in Year 3.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Incarcerated Bob ‏@incarceratedbob
**UPDATED NBA NEWS**Source:Knicks owner (Dolan) still wants 2match Lin's offer sheet - However Melo/Woodson & yes this guy> Isiah saying #NO

ISIAH THOMAS IS SAYING DO NOT SIGN JEREMY LIN....

WTF is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fender0577

Rotation player
Some of you guys need to be drug tested, if you think we should match this offer from HOUSTON.Thank god, finally a dumber team than the knicks has emerged.Let him go, he's not that good, sorry LIN fans.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Some of you guys need to be drug tested, if you think we should match this offer from HOUSTON.Thank god, finally a dumber team than the knicks has emerged.Let him go, he's not that good, sorry LIN fans.

Slow down bud, common sense isnt taken to kindly round these parts!