Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Agreed. That's an obvious sign that even Melo thinks Lin isn't worth that much money.

I'm not the biggest Lin fan and think that "Linsanity" was wayyyy overhyped. 25mil in 3 years is too crazy for an unproven talent. If he performed well for a full 82 game season, why not. But, coupled with the knee injury toward the end of the year, that contract is too much from a pure basketball standpoint.

STAT1

Starter
Can everyone CHILL out for a few minutes...

Can we look at this from the Knicks side. Why would you not resign a young money generating icon. A team who in 3 years will be in wheelchairs, giving up their young youthful PG. It makes no sense even for the Knicks.

Except, maybe they have a reason.

As we have good evidence that Lin did not want to be a Knick, through bitchblood or whatever the reason LIN decided not to be a Knick, as you can see the Knicks were going to match but Lin said "F*ck them" and ampted the offer up so we wouldn't match. He wants nothing to do with winning or Melo.

This is what disappoints me the most of this entire situation. Lin got his name when Glen Grunwald, Mike D'Antoni & the Knicks organization gave him a shot when all other teams in the NBA gave up on him & relegated him to D-League status. Of course he deserves credit as well he earned that name with how great he played, i'm not disparaging any of that. But now he goes & pulls this back ally stuff on the Knicks by working out a new poison pill offer sheet after the original offer was going to be matched by the Knicks. I would have had a lot more respect if he had been upfront with the Knicks & told them of the situation to begin with & said he didn't want to remain on the team if that indeed is how he was feeling (no one knows for sure what his motivation was, it could be the money, it could be other reasons). Whatever the case, I think he would have been much better off staying with the Knicks, for both his own marketing value & his own personal development being able to play on a contending team & learning under Jason Kidd. I hope for his sake this decision doesn't come back to haunt him. Sometimes money isn't the end all & be all to make a decision right for yourself or your family.

Wargames

Starter
Some of you guys need to be drug tested, if you think we should match this offer from HOUSTON.Thank god, finally a dumber team than the knicks has emerged.Let him go, he's not that good, sorry LIN fans.

Yeah nah I mean I hear you but WTF did they give Kidd that Mini MLE? That's what really bugs me. If you know you had a limit to what you would match then make the smart move. Go after Felton and get someone young who could be a long term asset. Don't sign an old as f*ck PG an talk about him imparting wisdom. How many old PG's have to break down during the playoffs for that lesson to sink in?

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
I agree the contract is a bit much, but its only for 3 years. He is one of the rising PG's in the league and will ONLY get better as he plays more and more. He has the potential to become an allstar one day.

Instead we decide to bring back a DECLINING felton and dinosaur jason kidd. So basically we are dealing away ALL of our young talent like Jeffries, Lin and Landry for old players like Kidd, Felton and Kurt fricking thomas.

Its not even like adding these players would improve the team. In fact, we are probably in a worse position than before.

At the end of the day though its all about melo chucking up 25 shots and putting in a "heroic" performance only for us to be ousted in the first round.

We have NO clue how to build for the future.

elcol

Rotation player
Incarcerated Bob ‏@incarceratedbob
**UPDATED NBA NEWS**Source:Knicks owner (Dolan) still wants 2match Lin's offer sheet - However Melo/Woodson & yes this guy> Isiah saying #NO

ISIAH THOMAS IS SAYING DO NOT SIGN JEREMY LIN....

WTF is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_m5humd4iic1qmrlovo1_500.gif

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
Don't understand why we wouldn't want to keep Lin. If anything he will only get better and we've already let Landry and Jared go...with Novak probably soon to follow.

tripleaamin9

Benchwarmer
I agree the contract is a bit much, but its only for 3 years. He is one of the rising PG's in the league and will ONLY get better as he plays more and more. He has the potential to become an allstar one day.

Instead we decide to bring back a DECLINING felton and dinosaur jason kidd. So basically we are dealing away ALL of our young talent like Jeffries, Lin and Landry for old players like Kidd, Felton and Kurt fricking thomas.

Its not even like adding these players would improve the team. In fact, we are probably in a worse position than before.

At the end of the day though its all about melo chucking up 25 shots and putting in a "heroic" performance only for us to be ousted in the first round.

:eek7: WTF

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★

Doc-Brown.jpg

Please Doc Brown tell me more about the future and how guaranteed Lins career will be

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Once again Felton may be a Fat GuT F*ck pardon my language :), but he is like Lamar Odom ( IF he's not playing somewhere he WANTS to be he will not produce at expectation levels ) Once he got traded to Denver you can tell he was butt hurt about being traded from the Knicks.. he went from CO CAPTAIN to playing behind Ty Lawson with a much more limited roll, then tubby gets traded to Portland somewhere im sure he had NO DESIRE what so ever to be.

I'm sure half of it is Felton was lazy last seaon, but i feel there is just more to it than that... the motivation was definitely not there.

Spare me the foolishness about how Felton wont succeed in New York, dude gave it his all when he was here and played at all-star level. Felton worked his a%% off when he was here under (DANTONI) i would love to see a Woodson/Felton trio could be something special.

As for Lin? Unless cp3, Melo, and grunwald had some kind of secretive talk about CP3 making his way to New York, i really think LIN WILL BE MATCHED, You think Dolan will just let his money machine walk for Felton? i cant picture it, just cant picture it.

The future is way to bright we have, ALOT of expiring contracts coming off the books in 2015, assuming neither is traded by 2015 would we really give up the chance to start Fresh and Build off Lin, and Shump who by 2015 will probably be amazing players?

Last edited:
Is there any chance that Dolan is still willing to match Lin's offfer? It might be too much money for the luxury tax but imagine we put Lin as our SG and give Felton the keys since he's more of a true PG. Our team would be stacked. Idk if this would ever happen but it sure is nice to think about lol.

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
Doc-Brown.jpg

Please Doc Brown tell me more about the future and how guaranteed Lins career will be

You would rather have Felton and Kidd as your pg's?

The funniest thing is we already traded Felton away once because he was expendable. Now that he is on the downturn, we somehow want him back!?

Even if you dislike Lin, it makes more sense to keep a young PG like him on the roster for 3 years rather than have a declining felton.

Alot of people will be eating crow next season when we play subpar basketball and get ousted in the first round yet again.

tiger0330

Legend
Incarcerated Bob ‏@incarceratedbob
**UPDATED NBA NEWS**Source:Knicks owner (Dolan) still wants 2match Lin's offer sheet - However Melo/Woodson & yes this guy> Isiah saying #NO

ISIAH THOMAS IS SAYING DO NOT SIGN JEREMY LIN....

WTF is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Incarcerated Bob is not reliable. Signing Felton tells me the decision has already been made.

I hope I'm wrong because Lin taking this team from a 2-11 record with Melo, Stat and Chandler to a 7 game win streak without Melo and Stat was an amazing story.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Once again Felton may be a Fat GuT F*ck pardon my language :), but he is like Lamar Odom ( IF he's not playing somewhere he WANTS to be he will not produce at expectation levels ) Once he got traded to Denver you can tell he was butt hurt about being traded from the Knicks.. he went from CO CAPTAIN to playing behind Ty Lawson with a much more limited roll, then tubby gets traded to Portland somewhere im sure he had NO DESIRE what so ever to be.

I'm sure half of it is Felton was lazy last seaon, but i feel there is just more to it than that... the motivation was definitely not there.

Spare me the foolishness about how Felton wont succeed in New York, dude gave it his all when he was here and played at all-star level. Felton worked his a%% off when he was here under (DANTONI) i would love to see a Woodson/Felton trio could be something special.

As for Lin? Unless cp3, Melo, and grunwald had some kind of secretive talk about CP3 making his way to New York, i really think LIN WILL BE MATCHED, You think Dolan will just let his money machine walk for Felton? i cant picture it, just cant picture it.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Incarcerated Bob is not reliable. Signing Felton tells me the decision has already been made.

I hope I'm wrong because Lin taking this team from a 2-11 record with Melo, Stat and Chandler to a 7 game win streak without Melo and Stat was an amazing story.
pardon me but iBob said Felton was going to be traded to the Knicks last week.

I personally look at him as a very good source

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★

part 1 yes I would
part 2 Felton was traded for Melo, id do it again
part 3 LIN IS NOT WORTH A MAX AFTER 25 GAMES