Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

Paul1355

All Star
Lin looks like s**t in a Rockets jersey.

lindraft055413--525x415.jpg

mini-yao ming will be loved in Houston

Wargames

Starter
i guess we have plans for cp3 in the future

Stop it. Just stop it... CP3 is not coming through that door to save the knicks

That right there says it all folks

Fatty Felton/ Kidd (WTF did we sign Kidd for?)/ prigoni
JR/ No one until Jan/ Shump
Melo/ Novak/ Flight
Amare/ Kurt
Tyson/ Camby

so now its

"Fatty" Felton/ "Drunk as F*ck" Kidd/ "I am Just Here For The Ride" Prigoni

because when you have a chance to get an overweight PG who had a bad season the year before and another PG who might go to jail.

You got to make that move :barf:

Number3

Benchwarmer
No i saw that also, But the media and Lin fans arent going to concentrate on that part. Melo should have said no comment. Thats all.
youre a Melo hater... stfu.. you know you were screaming and thanking Melo when he hits 2 clutch 3 pointers against the bulls!... who else is going to take us out of crunch time.. go ahead ill wait

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Bill Simmons Take on The State of The Knicks

Its pretty Humorous but do you want to pay 30 million for an unproven commodity (luxury tax hold + salary)
8. Last thought - I have a great deal of respect for Knicks fans (and NYK history + MSG). They deserve better than...

7. My buddy @housefromdc quit on Orioles because of Angelos (Dolan-esque). Baseball widow for years, now a huge Nats fan. Totally happy.

6. And if you're a diehard, loyal down-with-the-ship type fan, that's fine too... stay with the Knicks. Just saying you have an out here.

5. So you have to ask yourself... "Do I really want to spend DECADES of my life with my NBA fate tied to this guy?" You control that answer.

4. The important thing to remember - Dolan is a complete buffoon. You have a 12-year track record to examine now. He's an incompetent owner.

3. If Celtics were in same situation (with a Dolan owner), I'd stop rooting for them and be an NBA widow unless there was a 2nd Boston team.

2. Here's the thing - Dolan is NEVER selling. The franchise will ALWAYS be screwed up. You have a 2nd NYC team and a legit excuse to leave.

1. To the Knicks fans who keep asking: If you're going to switch allegiance to Brooklyn, it has to happen this summer. But I'm fine with it.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Lets say we kept Lin right... What the hell is the rotations? and how do all these guys get decent mins

Lin/Felton/Pablo ?

Kidd/Jr/Shump ?

Melo/Novak/White ?

Amare/Thomas ?

Chandler/Camby ?

So when Shump returns in January

1. What happens? to the PG rotation, this does not make sense to me, someone is losing alot of playing time but who? Shump? JR? Felton? i like the depth and all but we would really be PG loaded.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
I think the only reason we would sign Lin would be so Woody will be able to play Felton as a 2 guard with J.R.

Don't forget Woody likes to play around with the positions..

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
youre a Melo hater... stfu.. you know you were screaming and thanking Melo when he hits 2 clutch 3 pointers against the bulls!... who else is going to take us out of crunch time.. go ahead ill wait

Dude wtf are you talking about. I fn love melo(no homo). Hes my dude. I dont hate on him at all. All I said is why do this to himself because the media wants it to be Lin vs Melo. They always have. Why give them something to write about.

So stfu goon you know nothing about how I feel about this team or my allegiance to any one player. I love all Knicks. Im a fan of the team not a name on the back of the jersey, but I love the fact that Melos name is on the back of a knicks jersey.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Lets say we kept Lin right... What the hell is the rotations? and how do all these guys get decent mins

Lin/Felton/Pablo ?

Kidd/Jr/Shump ?

Melo/Novak/White ?

Amare/Thomas ?

Chandler/Camby ?

So when Shump returns in January

1. What happens? to the PG rotation, this does not make sense to me, someone is losing alot of playing time but who? Shump? JR? Felton? i like the depth and all but we would really be PG loaded.
I heard Pablo is an emergency backup

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
Marc J. Spears@SpearsNBAYahoo
Melo to Y! on Lin:"Its up to ownership to match, not me.I'm tired of people trying to blame me for the fact that the Knicks might not match"

Thats what I was saying. Melo getting the heat now which is COMPLETELY UNFAIR. The media wants it Lin vs Melo. FACT.

Tebow got traded, why not Lin?

Hey, if the Denver Broncos were willing to trade away the cash-cow mega star Tim Tebow, why wouldn't the Knicks let Lin go because the price is too high?

Oh, wait.

The Broncos got PEYTON MANNING in place of Tim Tebow.

The Knicks are getting RAYMOND FELTON instead of Jeremy Lin.

The Knicks cannot be that stupid and let go a player who is already a mainstream, global star with a high ceiling and a lucrative cash cow.

Last time I checked, James Dolan was a capitalist.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I heard Pablo is an emergency backup

But even so, i don't see how it works if we Matched Lin.. i assume Kidd and Lin cover the pg and sg starting lineup

Then we would have Jr and Felton off the bench i would guess

So When shump comes back healthy then what happens?

is he pushed back into the starting lineup (if truly healthy)...

which pushes J Kidd back to the bench taking Feltons spot

Which leads Feltons spot over ran by Kidd leaving Felton where? the 3rd string PG?

because with shump back i assume we would be looking at the rotation of

Lin / Kidd------Felton used as a 3rd string pg? what would be the point in s&t for him? lol isn't that what pablo was for and would felton even be comfortable with that
Shump / Jr

melo / Novak
stat / Thomas
tyson Camby

or im thinking like Shump comes off the bench and our bench lineup goes as so

Felton
Jr
Shump
Novak
Camby

???

thats the only way i see it working, i really don't see what would be the point in matching Lin, the mins in rotations seem odd.

Last edited:
But even so, i don't see how it works if we Matched Lin.. i assume Kidd or Lin is pushed to the SG position if we did match...

Then we would have Jr and Felton off the bench i assume

So When shump comes back healthy then what happens?

is he pushed back into the starting lineup (if truly healthy)...

which pushes J Kidd back to the bench taking Feltons spot in which he were coming off the bench before shumps injury....

because with shump back i assume we would be looking at the rotation of

It would work, because it would give the team depth at the guard spot, a major sore spot last year.

Plus, you have an aging point guard in Kidd who will be effectively only in limited minutes, and you can't expect Shumpert to start playing 35 minutes right off the bat.

Last year, we had three guards go down with major injuries - Shump, Davis, Lin. This year, with Lin, we'll have two guards coming off of injury, an old point guard, and a fat out of shape point guard.

This team is old, and so depth is essential, with injuries inevitable to some of the old timers (Thomas, Camby, Kidd).

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
It would work, because it would give the team depth at the guard spot, a major sore spot last year.

Plus, you have an aging point guard in Kidd who will be effectively only in limited minutes, and you can't expect Shumpert to start playing 35 minutes right off the bat.

Last year, we had three guards go down with major injuries - Shump, Davis, Lin. This year, with Lin, we'll have two guards coming off of injury, an old point guard, and a fat out of shape point guard.

This team is old, and so depth is essential, with injuries inevitable to some of the old timers (Thomas, Camby, Kidd).
Your right, minutes still seem shaky for me leaving someone dissatisfied :shrug: maybe it's just me i'm about to go smoke to much chaos on here right now lol.

Last edited:

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
And I thought last year's free agency would be the worst it could get...

Still see a small glimmer of hope, felton did play well with stat and almost everyone is back so we'll see.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Dolan is either extremely smart or retarded to the extreme. By not announcing NYK's intention to match Houston's offer sheet, he's got the media attention on the Knicks when Brooklyn Nets have been making more substantial signings.

But if he is counting on Felton/Kidd tandem to occupy the PG spot, I'd be very disappointed.