Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 62 of 140 FirstFirst ... 123242565758596061626364656667688292112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Eh like I said. I don't think Lin alone is enticing enough for someone to take on Amare. Plus that poison 3rd year..

Originally Posted by munco
    Can anyone think of any reason why the Knicks would sign Kidd and Felton if they intend on signing Lin?
    Because right now, the Knicks have no healthy shooting guards other than JR Smith, with Fields gone and Shump injured.

Kidd will now see more time as shooting guard, and Felton will then be primary back-up to Lin.
    Last edited by Caramelo_Sunday; Jul 15, 2012 at 02:14.

Default Makes sense to resign Lin

Can anyone think of any reason why the Knicks would sign Kidd and Felton if they intend on signing Lin? I can't think of any reason why they would. I hate the move, but I think it's certain that the Knicks are bringing back Lin next year.

Aside from the skills he brings to the table, I can't believe the Knicks didn't think it'd be worth is financial. The kid had the #2 selling jersey last year and in terms of money he brings to a team he's probably top 5 or top 10 at least. I do not get this decision at all.
    I believe there is a lot of eveidence to support the notion that Lin would be resigned.

Look at it this way.

Knicks and Rockets are playing a game of chess right now.

Felton could have been a way to not only improve depth, but add a player that would be motivated to play in NY again and it is a way to screw the Rockets who would have gone after felton as their plan B.

So if we resign Lin, Rockets have NO PG option left...i cant name one legit starting PG that is a FA...they would have to trade for Calderon and give up assets.

Now there is an obvious log jam at the guard position, particullary PG. However many people including myself believe Jason Kidd can be a nice fit at teh 2 guard position. His outside shot has improved, he is not as fast as he was so he doesn't have to compete with the speed of most PG's, he is a tall PG that can guard shooting guards because he is 6'4, he averaged almost 2 steals a game last season and he would average the same amount or more guarding shooting guards that can't ball handle as well as PG's, He would compliment Jeremy Lin who is more of a scoring slashing guard. Lin drives, Kidd camps outside, simple and both have passing ability.

Lin can be QB but Kidd is offensive coordinator.

Felton and J.R smith would give the knicks one of the best back court benches in the NBA.

Felton
    Smith
    White
    Novak
    Camby

is a solid bench that can beat any other bench on both sides of the floor.

Now don't worry about Pablo Prigioni, he only signed a one year deal and rejected a 2 year deal because he wants to see what he is on the open market after this season, that was reported on twitter by some reporter.

So giving prigioni big minutes is not a concern. Give Kidd and Lin majority of minutes and have Felton and J.R fill in 18 or more mpg.

We basically have a solid 9 man rotation with Lin, Kidd, Melo, Amare, Chandler, Felton, Smith, Novak, and Camby

That makes us have great ball movement, great offense, defense, rebounding, and most of all DEPTH! Depth wins championships. Depth and star power....Miami would have never won the championship without Chalmers, Battier and Miller knocking down big shots and playing hard nosed defense.

Now when Shump comes back we will have a problem and that is when someone, either Lin or Felton will be traded for assets. Whoever doesn't fit come January 2013 will be moved.

Any objections?

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Felton as a SG maybe.
    no Kidd at SG...whoever is SG Kidd guards is what I mean. Felton is 6 ft and Kidd is 6'4

Originally Posted by CA7
    Maybe they just don't like how he fits in our new style

If FelTON gets back in top shape I'd be fine but come on 25 million after 25 starts, would you do it
    Yeah, but Lin makes the Knicks a ton of money. Arguably he's the most popular player on the team. And finally Dolan is swimming in money. Felton in shape might be good again, but who knows. He was terrible last season.

Originally Posted by Caramelo_Sunday
    Because right now, the Knicks have no healthy shooting guards, with Fields gone and Shump injured.

Kidd probably is going to the be starting shooting guard at the beginning of the season, with Lin starting at point. Felton would then back up both Kidd and Lin.
    I get this point, but why wouldn't the Knicks just sign a traditional SG if that was there move? Also, we do have JR Smith coming back. I think if we were bringing Lin back we would've signed a SG and not two PGs.

With that said, I hope I'm wrong.

I get this point, but why wouldn't the Knicks just sign a traditional SG if that was there move? Also, we do have JR Smith coming back. I think if we were bringing Lin back we would've signed a SG and not two PGs.

Felton's value is that he can shoot the 3 well and play point. So he can easily play shooting guard and give the Knicks another 3 point shooter. And Jason Kidd isn't really a true point guard anymore, in that he doesn't penetrate and is more of a spot up 3 point shooter. Nor can he play that many minutes. Adding Felton gives depth at the guard positions when lack of it last year killed the team (injuries to baron davis, Lin, Shumpert).

Originally Posted by CA7
    Maybe they just don't like how he fits in our new style

If FelTON gets back in top shape I'd be fine but come on 25 million after 25 starts, would you do it
    Are you a hater or a Knicks fan?
    Why should you care so much about how much Lin makes? I am sure you know by now that his contract has ZERO affect on our cap. If he makes 24 million less, it still doesnt give us a cent in signing another player!

Yeah, but Lin makes the Knicks a ton of money. Arguably he's the most popular player on the team. And finally Dolan is swimming in money. Felton in shape might be good again, but who knows. He was terrible last season.

I am sure Knicks got assurance from Felton's camp that he would shed some baby fat.

Knicks could have signed a SG but I did the research...besides Michael Pietrus and Courtny lee there are no legit SG to go after that would be a good fit on this team. Forget Ronnie Brewer and his ugly Landry Fields type jumper. We need either scorers or ball handlers and felton is a bit of both.

Stagnation is in an offense is caused by many things but a quick fix is simply to get players that no how to break down a defense (Lin and Felton) and players that can quarterback other players and hit them in the right spots and coach on the floor (Kidd).....If we have two PG's on the floor, breaking down a defense and finding the big 3 of melo amare and Chandler open...no team will stop us.

Originally Posted by Cuckoo
    Are you a hater or a Knicks fan?
    Why should you care so much about how much Lin makes? I am sure you know by now that his contract has ZERO affect on our cap. If he makes 24 million less, it still doesnt give us a cent in signing another player!

It's funny you guys say why do we care how much he makes but call STAT and Melo overpaid

Lin gettin that deal would kill any flexibility we have come year 3 with aging role players

I'm a Knicks fan who understands that cap flexibility is going to be key with the new CBA

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    I am sure Knicks got assurance from Felton's camp that he would shed some baby fat.

Knicks could have signed a SG but I did the research...besides Michael Pietrus and Courtny lee there are no legit SG to go after that would be a good fit on this team. Forget Ronnie Brewer and his ugly Landry Fields type jumper. We need either scorers or ball handlers and felton is a bit of both.

Stagnation is in an offense is caused by many things but a quick fix is simply to get players that no how to break down a defense (Lin and Felton) and players that can quarterback other players and hit them in the right spots and coach on the floor (Kidd).....If we have two PG's on the floor, breaking down a defense and finding the big 3 of melo amare and Chandler open...no team will stop us.
    You make some good points. I don't like the idea of signing a guy that played terribly and was out of shape but maybe he'll prove me wrong and have a good year.

As for getting a good SG, I think Courtney Lee would've been a good option until Shumpert gets back. I just can't imagine the Knicks adding three PGs in the offseason if they intended on bringing Lin back. I actually forgot that the Knicks also signed Prigioni. Cripes.

Tbh so far the knicks have actually made some really good moves. They got their big in camby. Vet pg and reliable passer in kidd. Resigned jr (questionable but best available) and now they have felton, a fat a$$ but can shoot. the final piece is lin. If he doesn't get signed I'd be surprised bc knicks front office can't be that dumb (then again we did let isiah wreak havoc for most of the last decade). If knicks match, we get lin back and now we're a dangerous team.

so far I'm in agreement with our moves. even better than the bk nets.

Don't know why sign this fatso, not Mayo or Brewer.

Originally Posted by CA7
    It's funny you guys say why do we care how much he makes but call STAT and Melo overpaid

Lin gettin that deal would kill any flexibility we have come year 3 with aging role players

I'm a Knicks fan who understands that cap flexibility is going to be key with the new CBA
    You are totally right. People always whine about stat and melo being overpaid. At least they have years of being an all star. What does Lin have? 25 games? Yeah right.

Originally Posted by Caramelo_Sunday
    Felton's value is that he can shoot the 3 well and play point. So he can easily play shooting guard and give the Knicks another 3 point shooter. And Jason Kidd isn't really a true point guard anymore, in that he doesn't penetrate and is more of a spot up 3 point shooter. Nor can he play that many minutes. Adding Felton gives depth at the guard positions when lack of it last year killed the team (injuries to baron davis, Lin, Shumpert).
    As much as i liked Jeffery and all the jokes about Felton being fat, I look forward to Felton being a Knick a again.

Felton adds depth into ball movement, passing, and ball handling ability.

Last year, at 1 and 2, we had:
    - TD
    - Walker
    - Shumpert
    - Field
    - Bibby
    - Lin
    - JR
    - B Davis

By the last game, we had:
    - Bibby
    - JR
    - Field
    - TD

Now that Field and TD are goners, and most likely Biddy wont be re-signed, we have only JR left from 1 and 2 from last game of the season roster. Knicks were still in desperation need of 1 and 2 untill this trade.

Current roster:
    Kidd/Felton
    White/JR/Shump(injured)
    Melo/Novak
    Stat
    Tyson/Camby

It's a good signing by trading an extra C and PF for a PG, and by looking at the roster, you can bet Grunwald will re-sign Lin too. You can't expect Kidd and Felton run a full season at PG. What would happen if one of them is injured?

I expect another signing to fill the 4. Hope we can pick up another Jeffery at vet min like last season.

Originally Posted by CA7

LOL Werent you the one who always complaint, "why do you guys always have to bring Melo in?"
    No sir! I am not one of those who had bytched about their contracts. The difference is Melo and Stat's contracts count against the cap and Lin's doesnt.

Kill any flexibility? What flexibility are you talking about beside Dolan dolling out more dough??

Lin's contract has ZERO affect on our cap, now or 3 years later!