Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

orangeblobman

Rotation player
The Knicks fan base will be fine. All the bandwagon asian Linsanity fans will migrate to HOU and we'll have our core/loyal fan base at the forefront again.

That's racist as hell.

It's not a bad thing to get the casual fans on our side, it's just fun when everyone is into it.

What Dolan and Melo did to Linsanity is one of the great tragedies in basketball history.

For that one week in February, we were living the dream. Now we're back in the mud.

CoolClyde

Cunning Ling Gone?

i feel like i've been shot, by a Dolan stupidity bullet.

i guess it's OK to spend $250M to renovate the Garden, and why?, so corporate spenders
have better seats and party areas and more opportunities to take all the seats from the real
Knick fans, just to take it off as a business expense?

i blame that f*cking major stockholder who said Knicks should not sign Lin, he probably has ties
to Houston and realizes he can make more money with Lin in Texas.

I guess STATS $23M balloon payment in 2014 is OK, as long as his body lasts and he doesn't kill
himself doing something stupid.

i still won't believe until midnight... if Obama could be president, couldn't Lin stay a Knick?

does this really all come down to being dissed?

babydolan.jpg

tiger0330

Legend
Looks like Grunie and his staff aren't crunching numbers or going over scenarios anymore but the NY Times article does say ultimately it's Dolans decision.

Maybe Dolan pulls one out of the hat and tells Grunie, "Glen we have to keep that kid Lin no matter what it costs."

nyk_nyk

All Star
That's racist as hell.

It's not a bad thing to get the casual fans on our side, it's just fun when everyone is into it.

What Dolan and Melo did to Linsanity is one of the great tragedies in basketball history.

For that one week in February, we were living the dream. Now we're back in the mud.

You need to look up the word "racist". Are you and Wargames so blind as to not realize that the asian community who related to Lin and became major knicks fans because of him won't migrate to being Rockets fans???

He represented an entire group of people! This is a fact! There were plenty of asians on television who couldn't speak english but they would chant Lin's name. C'mon man stop being naive.

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
He represented an entire group of people! This is a fact! There were plenty of asians on television who couldn't speak english but they would chant Lin's name. C'mon man stop being naive.

I'm as white bread as it comes and I was a huge bandwagoner. Has nothing to do with his race, he was a really good guy and story to follow, and made the team exciting to watch and fun to root for. Now we go back to cry baby melo and his incompatible geriatric sidekick. This is just great.

Wargames

Starter
Tell me if anything I wrote was wrong??

well we could start with not all the linsanity fans were Asian, and then end with not all the fans saying their going to leave are Asian either. I don't plan to leave cause I'm a masochist apparently....

but this is the last straw for some people. I said this somewhere else but the only real perk to being a knicks fan was Dolan's infinite wallet and then he doesn't match Lin where at the very least he can stretch the last payment or trade him for some picks.... it is truly infuriating. We got arguably a top five bad contract in Amare when everyone was saying its was going to be a bad contract and now everyone person on earth besides Dolan and Houston rocket fans think he should match that contract and they won't....

because when you can get a fat PG to start and 38 Year old PG (who when all the fervor ends Kidds contract is the one that makes the least sense since who is he mentoring Now?) to back him up.... the Knicks just have to do it.

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
Carmelo and the Knicks better have a fast start or else it's going to be a nightmare playing in MSG.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/47858/jeremy-lin-played-well

"Setting aside team effects, and cleverly rounding up scoring, rebounding, assists and other box score contributions, Lin was the second-best Knick in terms of PER, just behind Anthony and among point guards squarely in the Steve Nash/Ty Lawson range. Lin's also better than Raymond Felton by virtually every measurable method."

PER right there with Lawson and Nash. How could a player have such high PER if they are average? All propaganda to ship Lin out of the biggest stage in sports.

Wargames

Starter
You need to look up the word "racist". Are you and Wargames so blind as to not realize that the asian community who related to Lin and became major knicks fans because of him won't migrate to being Rockets fans???

first buddy i didn't call you racist I said don't make this a race issue.... don't try to play me and then misquote me.

Benchwarmer
The Knicks fan base will be fine. All the bandwagon asian Linsanity fans will migrate to HOU and we'll have our core/loyal fan base at the forefront again.

Besides being racist, your comment and beliefs about Lin fans, along with many
others on this forum, is just plain ignorant!!

May I ask you something? (Yes, some of the user names may sound asian, and
perhaps because the person IS asian.) But, for the majority of
Lin fans on this board, it's difficult to know if they are INDEED asian.

Do you, and the other racists on this board, have special x-ray vision?
Are you able to see to the other side of the computer screen to know
for certain that the person/Lin fan IS asian?

And, what ethnicity are you and the other asian haters? Are you white,
black, brown? If not white, have you not suffered racism before? Do you
enjoy just giving it back out of revenge?

I just don't understand it?! Do you feel that you and the other "core"
group OWN this board? Because you don't. There are new Knicks fans
coming out of the woodwork every day. And, yes, some of these fans
are also Jeremy Lin fans as well as Novak fans and Chandler fans.

Don't like it? Then just move on to another post.

Wargames

Starter
This sucks........but time to move on.....

So whats the starting 5...
Felton
Smith
Melo
Stat
Chandler

I do not smell championship

well no me neither... also Felton will give Melo a run for his money as the most hated Knick once he starts shooting airballs from behind the 3 pt line.

tiger0330

Legend
Lin proved he could win. I don't want to hear any crap about we have a new PG and nobody left from last years team so we have to build chemistry again. I want to see winning streaks not losing streaks right out of the gate.

nyk_nyk

All Star
first buddy i didn't call you racist I said don't make this a race issue.... don't try to play me and then misquote me.

How about you calm the hell down. I responded to Orangeblobman with the racist thing. I only mentioned you in the reply because you both had the same issue on Lin.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Lin proved he could win. I don't want to hear any crap about we have a new PG and nobody left from last years team so we have to build chemistry again. I want to see winning streaks not losing streaks right out of the gate.

That's exactly the crap you will hear though.

More excuses, all the way to the next big, stupid trade or signing Dolan makes.

Wargames

Starter
How about you calm the hell down. I responded to Orangeblobman with the racist thing. I only mentioned you in the reply because you both had the same issue on Lin.

fair enough I just thought you was trying to play me so I came back aggressive.