Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 70 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2040506465666768697071727374757690100120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Originally Posted by NYNYK
    Last time I checked, Dolan also hired Isiah and let him destroy the team.
    this is becoming quite evident right now

History repeats itself, just in different forms.

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    But even so, i don't see how it works if we Matched Lin.. i assume Kidd or Lin is pushed to the SG position if we did match...

Then we would have Jr and Felton off the bench i assume

So When shump comes back healthy then what happens?

is he pushed back into the starting lineup (if truly healthy)...

which pushes J Kidd back to the bench taking Feltons spot in which he were coming off the bench before shumps injury....

because with shump back i assume we would be looking at the rotation of

It would work, because it would give the team depth at the guard spot, a major sore spot last year.

Plus, you have an aging point guard in Kidd who will be effectively only in limited minutes, and you can't expect Shumpert to start playing 35 minutes right off the bat.

Last year, we had three guards go down with major injuries - Shump, Davis, Lin. This year, with Lin, we'll have two guards coming off of injury, an old point guard, and a fat out of shape point guard.

This team is old, and so depth is essential, with injuries inevitable to some of the old timers (Thomas, Camby, Kidd).

Originally Posted by Caramelo_Sunday
    It would work, because it would give the team depth at the guard spot, a major sore spot last year.

Plus, you have an aging point guard in Kidd who will be effectively only in limited minutes, and you can't expect Shumpert to start playing 35 minutes right off the bat.

Last year, we had three guards go down with major injuries - Shump, Davis, Lin. This year, with Lin, we'll have two guards coming off of injury, an old point guard, and a fat out of shape point guard.

This team is old, and so depth is essential, with injuries inevitable to some of the old timers (Thomas, Camby, Kidd).
    Your right, minutes still seem shaky for me leaving someone dissatisfied maybe it's just me i'm about to go smoke to much chaos on here right now lol.
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Jul 15, 2012 at 16:11.

And I thought last year's free agency would be the worst it could get...

Still see a small glimmer of hope, felton did play well with stat and almost everyone is back so we'll see.

Dolan is either extremely smart or retarded to the extreme. By not announcing NYK's intention to match Houston's offer sheet, he's got the media attention on the Knicks when Brooklyn Nets have been making more substantial signings.

But if he is counting on Felton/Kidd tandem to occupy the PG spot, I'd be very disappointed.

Jordan Schultz ‏@206Child
    A fourth source jumps in telling me both Lin and Knicks haven't spoken in a while and both appalled by one another; #Knicks not matching.

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Jordan Schultz ‏@206Child
    A fourth source jumps in telling me both Lin and Knicks haven't spoken in a while and both appalled by one another; #Knicks not matching.
    I love this type of anonymous "reliable insider".

I don't think Knicks or Dolan will ever be appalled by overspending of any kind. They literally have money to burn. Lest we forget, some posters reminded me that NYK paid 40 mil to Larry Brown for one year of coaching. So there.

david stern: hey Rockets, have you heard of this dude named Chris Paul. Yeah that's right, imma **** you up gooooooooood........

im calling it-- stern shoots this down, lin re-signs with the knicks, and everyone makes nice.

expect the Dwight-less ****ets

Veteran

Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    Dolan is either extremely smart or retarded to the extreme. By not announcing NYK's intention to match Houston's offer sheet, he's got the media attention on the Knicks when Brooklyn Nets have been making more substantial signings.

But if he is counting on Felton/Kidd tandem to occupy the PG spot, I'd be very disappointed.

Disappointed ????? I would be disgusted....we have no Real SG and our PG situation is Felton and Kidd.......Knicks just look stupid and of course to top it off our veteran leader / player coach Jason Kidd gets a DUI.........WTF are we forever cursed,,,,

Veteran

Originally Posted by Caramelo_Sunday
    Hey, if the Denver Broncos were willing to trade away the cash-cow mega star Tim Tebow, why wouldn't the Knicks let Lin go because the price is too high?

Oh, wait.

The Broncos got PEYTON MANNING in place of Tim Tebow.

The Knicks are getting RAYMOND FELTON instead of Jeremy Lin.

The Knicks cannot be that stupid and let go a player who is already a mainstream, global star with a high ceiling and a lucrative cash cow.

Last time I checked, James Dolan was a capitalist.
    Yeah, really. If you're going to drop Jeremy Lin, at least make sure it's because you have someone good to replace him with.

Instead, you're getting worse.

I fail to understand is why were we so caught up in getting Bird Rights for Novak AND Lin if we're not matching Lin's offer? Not sure if anyone's pointed
    that out yet. Common sense would point to signing Lin just based on the fact that we fought so hard to get him his Bird rights not to mention the revenue that he would bring (definite) and potential wins added (questionable). That is the sole reason that I would believe that we're still going to match the offer. Otherwise nothing makes sense.

Veteran

FIRE Grunwald & Allan Houston
    These guys are clueless....they lead Dolan to the Melo-trade .. ISO-Melo were leading the Knicks to a LOTTERY season with a 8-15 record.
    Lin-Sanity made us a playoff team.

What do u know about Felton?
    Felton best season in his career was based on TD & Fields defensive-effort.
    Felton & JR.Smith playingtime went way down to spot players off the bench in Denver after the Melo-trade.

Felton destroyed the Portland Blazers team in just one season .. DAMN!

Veteran

Originally Posted by NYNYK
    I fail to understand is why were we so caught up in getting Bird Rights for Novak AND Lin if we're not matching Lin's offer? Not sure if anyone's pointed
    that out yet. Common sense would point to signing Lin just based on the fact that we fought so hard to get him his Bird rights not to mention the revenue that he would bring (definite) and potential wins added (questionable). That is the sole reason that I would believe that we're still going to match the offer. Otherwise nothing makes sense.
    Because Dolan is insulted by the way Lin and his agent operated......
    dumb crap......and melo saying contract is ridicoulus also just stupid like him getting more money then Lebron seems worthy.......

prigioninsanity

Veteran

Exactly. Felton is worse than Jeremy Lin at all facets of the game.

He is worse at scoring, the pick and roll, shooting, and defending. He might be a marginally better passer, but his decision making is just as terrible.

At least with Lin, his excuse is that he's new to the game and has a lot to learn. Felton has been in the league for seven years and he is worse than he has ever been. Truly, he is nothing but a starter on a terrible team, or a backup on a top-level team.

Since we don't have a PG in front of him, guess which one we are?