NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Killswitch engaged. Bye Lin.

TO THE LIN BANDWAGON FANS
GET_63b3a2_1390585.gif

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
Dont get me wrong though, lol,
I loved his jersey popping swag and confidence ......but him taking a dive since the trade made me lose some faith in him,
especially now with Melo I think it's gonna be hard for him,

He had a good opportunity in Portland but didn't deliver - since he was a former Knick I was watching him from afar,

I also remember the Lakers and the other PG needing teams at the time never went after Felton despite his availability in free agency.

But I wish Stat's confidence in him and he turns things around once more. :gony:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
i agree a catch and shoot PG would thrive in this system, but Felton is capable of Catch and Shooting the ball ( not successfully as lets say "Mario Chalmers" or "billups") but he can still hit it. Alot of the time Felton is controlling the ball and making the plays, here with this revamped knicks lineup he does not have to do everything like he did when he was here in 2010.

peep 0:24

peep

2:40

If felton can play the "Chalmers role" which i believe he can, and nail that 3 point shot consistently and pick his spots of when he wants to attack.. we can keep the defense at bay.. JKidd is also capable of catching and shooting, but he cant attack the way Felton is capable of attacking

Last edited:

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
Ray Felton is not really a spot up shooter but more of a two dribble side step shooter in rhythm,

So most important thing he gotta do is play some hard D,
energize the team with his occasional big plays and jersey poppin' (lol)
and then get STAT involved SOMEHOW. If it's possible. :crossfingers:

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Dont get me wrong though, lol,
I loved his jersey popping swag and confidence ......but him taking a dive since the trade made me lose some faith in him,
especially now with Melo I think it's gonna be hard for him,

He had a good opportunity in Portland but didn't deliver - since he was a former Knick I was watching him from afar,

I also remember the Lakers and the other PG needing teams at the time never went after Felton despite his availability in free agency.

But I wish Stat's confidence in him and he turns things around once more. :gony:

Me and you both, buddy. lol

With the apparent departure of Lin, Felton will now be on the microscope of every Knicks fan. One can only wish that he's working his ass off as he'll now be labeled by the media as the guy who ran Lin out of New York. Time to hit the gym, Raymond. His performance will definitely be a BIG part of how well we'll do next season. Let's hope J. Kidd can still help him improve, even @ 28 years old. Particularly, how JKidd learned how to shoot the three ball with consistency.

Also, as previously mentioned, it's time to close this thread down. This is now a thread for a player who is officially a Houston Rocket. He couldn't be any less consequential to the Knicks at this point.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I just find it ironic that the Knicks fought to be able to get Lin and Novakaine's Early Bird Rights, and the dude who I thought would leave in FA ended up staying, and the dude who I could have sworn was a lock to stay, finagled his way into some serious skrilla...and is out.

Funny how things go sometimes.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Ray Felton is not really a spot up shooter but more of a two dribble side step shooter in rhythm,

So most important thing he gotta do is play some hard D,
energize the team with his occasional big plays and jersey poppin' (lol)
and then get STAT involved SOMEHOW. If it's possible. :crossfingers:
Agreed he is not really a spot up shooter, neither was shumpert but before he got injured you can see his Jumper improving alot and he was knocking it down a little more consistently. It all comes down to Felton improving that aspect of his game, he knows the ball wont be in his hands alot.

I just find it ironic that the Knicks fought to be able to get Lin and Novakaine's Early Bird Rights, and the dude who I thought would leave in FA ended up staying, and the dude who I could have sworn was a lock to stay, finagled his way into some serious skrilla...and is out.

Funny how things go sometimes.

GP, If Lin turns out to be an All-Star the Knicks have no one to blame but themselves because obviously Lin will generate tons of money and also for them to keep dragging on about how they were without a doubt going to match his offer sheet shows that the Knicks don't know how to carry about their business.

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
its all about Jim Dolan's spite and grudges coming before intelligent decisions - as usual .

Lin could have been traded at least - for a decent draft pick if he didnt out competed Felton in training camp.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
its all about Jim Dolan's spite and grudges coming before intelligent decisions - as usual .

Lin could have been traded at least - for a decent draft pick if he didnt out competed Felton in training camp.

Frustrating that we didn't get anything out of Lin. Grunwald was stupid for letting the market set Lin's price. He should have negotiated with Lin the second that front offices were allowed to talk to free agents. But what's done is done.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
GP, If Lin turns out to be an All-Star the Knicks have no one to blame but themselves because obviously Lin will generate tons of money and also for them to keep dragging on about how they were without a doubt going to match his offer sheet shows that the Knicks don't know how to carry about their business.

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't exactly blame them. I just would have rather keep the asset, and maybe turn it into something else in a trade if need be. Maybe they felt their best bet to keep some semblance of the fan base on their side, was to let Lin walk to a team offering an absurd amount of money for 35 games, and cite reasons of "it's too expensive to keep him" -- as opposed to signing him, then having to deal with screams of "give him a chance!!!!!!" when it came time to trade him.

I don't think Lin is terrible, but I don't think he's an All-star talent yet, if at all. I would have to see him operate in a good portion of an 82 game season, against terrible defenses, marginal defenses, and great defenses, all with advanced scouting, before I could even approach any sort of conclusion. It's just to early to truly know, and if the Rockets are betting $25M that he's that guy...more power to them.

I can't completely bash the FO for not matching tho, whatever the reasons were.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Frustrating that we didn't get anything out of Lin. Grunwald was stupid for letting the market set Lin's price. He should have negotiated with Lin the second that front offices were allowed to talk to free agents. But what's done is done.

That's the one thing that I'll say was extremely foolish on the FO's part.

Unless they never really intended to sign him but wanted to make it seem as if they did? So they went thru all of the motions, and when it came time to get a deal done, they let him test the market hoping a team would overpay for him? They announce they'll match any offer up to $1 billion, and when the offer goes up a bit, suddenly "it's too expensive."

Is Grunwald that smart? Or am I reaching?

I'm tired.

Bad Move Knicks. Very BAD MOVE...

Lin Gone? After rescuing a season in which we started 8-15. The Knicks were going absolutely NOWHERE. This kid brought the excitement back to the team. Not only excitement, he brought wins with him. I dont know the intricacies of this move. The internal reasons, but no matter what they are this is just plain idiotic.

I'm sure Dolan has his (what he believes are valid) reasons, but this move reeks.

I've been a Knick fan since 1970 and have always appreciated Dolan spending his coin to try to do better. But, he's listened to the wrong folks. Who advised him on this? We are further from a chip than we were at the end of last year.

I'm extremely disappointed in this move.